Protector

Spirituality has to go

Hehehe.

Life is funny that way. This happens in real life too because we can be talking with someone and they hear you say thing you have never said and most times they hear only what they want to her from you and totally ignore whatever else you have said.

Better to keep our mouth shut but I'm not well known for doing that.

Oh yeah ... had trouble with a 'woman friend' like that. So I got sick of her putting into what I said ... what I didnt say.

So I wrote her a very clear letter ... and she did it again! So I said, show me where I said that in the letter ?

"Well ... <huff> ... you may not have written that but I know what you meant ! "

patrick-stewart-double-facepalm.png

Eventually one would get tired and go back to non-physical existence, but this is definitely something that will happen. Medical science, artificial hearts, exoskeletons, all that stuff is already in existence. I have no attachment to being 'human' - I wish to become all things - animals, plants, robots and more - I believe that I can! I will inhabit many vehicles...

No problem with people wanting to be robots, I just don't see it as much more than a technically advanced juvenile fantasy.

I prefer to live with the mind that at any point I might be dead; and realize that if I cannot appreciate things and find joy in this form, with the time I have, there's no point changing form or extending my time.

• Like 3

"Well ... <huff> ... you may not have written that but I know what you meant ! "

Hehehe. I've known people like that too. But then, those are the people who make life challenging.

I really deeply resonate with Protector's view...I am in a bind and that is that I do not yet have faith in any particular religion or belief system, and I even question whether they are all group-mind created fantasies.

I have no trouble agreeing with the bits I bolded .... but it doesnt mean spirituality has to go ... anywhere.

Those of you who are trying to shut down his pure and true instinct to search for the Truth should back off.

'Shut him down' ? Nah ... man , if I had him here we would be sitting around the fire pit out the back of the cabin and raving through the night .... ( but only on fanta ... I've been off the grog for a loooong time ).

I am in the same boat.

Oh .... I just cannot resist this (nothing personal ... it has just been sitting there waiting for the opportunity ;

• O melancholy Brothers, dark, dark, dark!

O battling in black floods without an ark!

O spectral wanderers of unholy Night!

My soul hath bled for you these sunless years,

With bitter blood-drops running down like tears:

Oh dark, dark, dark, withdrawn from joy and light!

• My heart is sick with anguish for your bale;

Your woe hath been my anguish; yea, I quail

And perish in your perishing unblest.

And I have searched the highths and depths, the scope

Of all our universe, with desperate hope

To find some solace for your wild unrest.

• And now at last authentic word I bring,

Witnessed by every dead and living thing;

Good tidings of great joy for you, for all:

There is no God; no Fiend with names divine

Made us and tortures us; if we must pine,

It is to satiate no Being's gall.

• It was the dark delusion of a dream,

That living Person conscious and supreme,

Whom we must curse for cursing us with life;

Whom we must curse because the life he gave

Could not be buried in the quiet grave,

Could not be killed by poison or the knife.

• This little life is all we must endure,

The grave's most holy peace is ever sure,

We fall asleep and never wake again;

Nothing is of us but the mouldering flesh,

Whose elements dissolve and merge afresh

In earth, air, water, plants, and other men." - James Thomson.

I often fear that I am being milked by these spirits whose only goal is to appear to be whatever you wish so that you express your emotions outwards so that they can feed upon them.

In many practices ... magical or martial ... one should start with securing the essence of the self against this ... stop the leakage, seal the aura, whatever or however it is said .... dont use a bucket with holes, how can you 'cultivate' if you are leaky? This is different from 'energy flowing through'.

In Taoism, it seems that the intent is to feed those energies back into your own immortal body instead...therefore, I often feel that these religions are merely set up by parasitic interests by astral plane entities who know how to work a person to death - sucking all their essence from them by encouraging some type of outwards search for completion which produces intoxicating emotional energies which can be sucked from us...

You're leaking man .... I would attend to that if I was you.

Hehehe. I've known people like that too. But then, those are the people who make life challenging.

Those are the people I hide in the bushes from! After that little episode I sent her another letter very clearly outlining what I thought about it.

Then I hear the car coming down the driveway so I left the cabin and hid in the garden and watched ..... yep ! I hid! :D and spied on my my own place.

What a show it was ! Knocking on the door, calling out . Pacing up and down the path , whacking her own car and hurting her hand ... burst out in tears ... did a wheelie and took off . :D

And she wasnt even my girlfriend ! (I had to keep reminding her of that).

• Like 1

I would have no problem being put in a robot body, as long as it had a bunch of sense inputs...why be attached to either flesh or metal?

Have you ever read 'Tic-toc' a novel about a robot that 'goes wrong' and becomes a snide, sneeky, human-hating rebel (or was he just reacting to the horror humans put him through?)

Its one of my fav novels. .... "What are you lookin' at meatface ? ! " .... "Outa my way shitbelly! "

... then he sorta gets ..... a bit ... 'over-the-top'

220px-TikTok(novel).jpg

• Like 1

Good post. I did in fact receive Saktipat from the Hariharananda Kriya yoga lineage, which stems from Babaji and beyond...so I have the active communication with Ma-Shakti of various forms. My cries for help, prayers, etc. certainly go to this One. So I have this pathway open...I am very interested in studying Sanskrit...I have never applied myself to it, but I do hear often of its enormous wealth of God touched expression...

Sanskrit has single words which require a full paragraph to translate into English, where as by way of a slight shift in the perspective as to what reality actually is, then reality is fully explained by one or two words.

My view, and this is also the general vedic stance, is that certain things relating to human nature were blatantly obvious in the past but that they have become hidden in time by all of our clutter, things and general Junk knowledge; knowledge that is correct over only a very short periods of time, a hundred years or so or knowledge that is only relevant to the immediate local surroundings.

When we rummage through all the chaff we can realize the core shape of things, and this applies to our language in a large way also.

Thus in learning Sanskrit, it is the words that are not required which make it so interesting, the structure from the meaning of the root sounds. The system, to my mind, can only have evolved with our expanding consciousness, you could not invent it nor recreate after the fact, as some may have already tried; the vedas claims that the consciousness descended into us from a higher place. That we are now far less conscious than our forefathers.

My guru, my śikṣā guru, is teaching me vedāṅga, I don't have a dīkṣā guru; I know little of Babaji who was a dīkṣā guru. My learning is from a paramparā or lineage that descends from Achutānanda Das, who in his time, translated various Sanskrit works into the local dialect for the less learned in Sanskrit to appreciate.

Ah yes, when we cry the divine mother hears our cries and acts; that is certain, what this means is no trivial matter at all, vis mātṝkā the Goddess of War, children and emancipation. She is also the script and the language.

The energy of which you speak can be fully managed should you wish to learn, that is what mantra is for, generating energy; if you can find the means to plug into the mains, then you will have infinitely more energy to give; these energy thieves of whom you speak, are in every walk of life. Practice starts at sunrise every day if you want to manage your own.

I use guitar and song for my mantra, it works wonderfully for me though the sill world in which I live does not facilitate this, I like to think of it as my pushing back on the walls that confine me.

Interesting so see how the energy thief reacts when you give light openly and willingly, Jyotish is light jyoti.

Your desire for a robot body and eternal life strikes me as being rather rooted in a fear of change. That energy source is found when we realize that "I" that you wish to transfer; is the ego not the soul, that we already have eternal life when we learn to deal with the "I". We are immensely and immediately connected to the both Sun and Moon, so why head towards a linear cold darkness? If we all get these robot body's the earth would simply die ... No more children.

I feel an underlying sadness in your desire for mechanical linear life, nature abhors linearity by the way; I would advise that you learn Sanskrit instead of bio mechanics, that would satisfy mātṝkā in a peaceful way.

Edited by iain
  • Like 1

No problem with people wanting to be robots, I just don't see it as much more than a technically advanced juvenile fantasy.

I prefer to live with the mind that at any point I might be dead; and realize that if I cannot appreciate things and find joy in this form, with the time I have, there's no point changing form or extending my time.

What I am thinking is that we are nearing the age were anything is possible...it will happen at some point..but the proof is in the pudding...I'm content to wait for a few dozen years on this one and reassess. I am personally excited to live in this era...who knows what will happen? I think I can make it till 2070 at least. Curiosity and interest in what the future holds are one thing that keeps me excited to make it there - it's a great motivator to practice longevity pathways..

Your desire for a robot body and eternal life strikes me as being rather rooted in a fear of change. That energy source is found when we realize that "I" that you wish to transfer; is the ego not the soul, that we already have eternal life when we learn to deal with the "I". We are immensely and immediately connected to the both Sun and Moon, so why head towards a linear cold darkness? If we all get these robot body's the earth would simply die ... No more children.

I feel an underlying sadness in your desire for mechanical linear life, nature abhors linearity by the way; I would advise that you learn Sanskrit instead of bio mechanics, that would satisfy mātṝkā in a peaceful way.

Great post - I just want to clarify that I have no problem dying, nor do I seek eternal residence in a robot body - it's not out of fear, but out of God-born curiosity that I wish to experiment with it. I know truly that I am immortal - not my Ego of the Now, but my purusa/prakriti interchange...

I have heard of sadhus who would take their eyeballs out of their sockets and put them back in - I have a fearlessness regarding experimenting with the flesh that is like this.

I think there is merely misunderstanding about my intentions here...I feel immortal already. All beings are. I think that this is the play of prakriti and that robot bodies are included in such play.

Another example is this: if it were medically possible to keep the brain alive by providing it all the fluids, nutrients, etc. and having the cranial nerves/spinal nerves cut off from the sense organs, I would do this too. I fear nothing. I am willing to do extreme tapas of types never before experienced. Some tapasyins may hold an arm up for ten years or more, or be buried for up to a year in an extended bigu state, as you know. It is this spirit to endure what some call suffering which I embody when I say I would have no problem being experimented on. There are enough normal lives out there...it is no problem to spend an incarnation or two trying something off the map.

Whether or not you or anyone else considers it a 'purile fantasy,' when this reality actually starts occurring at some future point, which is inevitable, will you still be complaining about it and judging it? Or will you accept it as simply another expression of Brahma? There are infinite forms composed of matter...it is nothing special ;)

I think there is merely misunderstanding about my intentions here...I feel immortal already. All beings are. I think that this is the play of prakriti and that robot bodies are included in such play.

Interesting..

Another example is this: if it were medically possible to keep the brain alive by providing it all the fluids, nutrients, etc. and having the cranial nerves/spinal nerves cut off from the sense organs, I would do this too. I fear nothing. I am willing to do extreme tapas of types never before experienced.

Interesting....!

Whether or not you or anyone else considers it a 'purile fantasy,' when this reality actually starts occurring at some future point, which is inevitable, will you still be complaining about it and judging it? Or will you accept it as simply another expression of Brahma? There are infinite forms composed of matter...it is nothing special ;)

Perhaps my wording sounded more harsh than I intended. I'm not complaining, by any means. It's absolutely your "right" (whatever that means) do do with your body as you wish.

I am probably judging, but I am a human person, so that's inevitable. Without judgement we'd be robots already.

Interesting..

Interesting....!

Perhaps my wording sounded more harsh than I intended. I'm not complaining, by any means. It's absolutely your "right" (whatever that means) do do with your body as you wish.

I am probably judging, but I am a human person, so that's inevitable. Without judgement we'd be robots already.

It reminds me of how Siddartha tried to 'get rid of' the self through extreme asceticism....I seek to bend nature and explore extreme variants on the reality I have experienced....it's in not being attached to the standards I have known....radical experimentation....put microchips and wires in me....I'd check it out at least....I can talk more about why I think this, but I have to get going...

Of course, you could always just live naturally and clear all the BS out of your brain.

Just saying.

Where's the fun in that?!? Cyborg me!! :)

• Like 2

Somehow I feel that Marblehead has already had his turn at being part of a 'machine'. He could be over that by now ?

army-marching.jpg

If you guys ever do get to become robots ....

just what do you think that the people who paid for it will use you for ... hmmmmm ?

Edited by Nungali

I've noticed a lot of people become very robotlike when discussing politics.

That gave me a laugh.

Pretty much true, I suppose.

I would have to ask, first and foremost, why anyone who isn't at least open to learning spirituality would be here on this forum. Protector, it is clear that you are not interested in learning spiritual science here, so why are you on this forum? If you think spirituality has to go, then why are you on a forum where people are practicing spiritual techniques? Is that not slightly trollish, to be on a forum that you seem to only have objections toward?

We find people who "claim" science all the time as being the scientific activities that are normally considered so by researchers. However, science is something that everyone does everyday; you follow a set of procedures based on a theory you have. "I believe that I will get up early in the morning if I use an alarm. I believe this because the alarm makes a loud noise, which disrupts my ability to stay asleep." If it works, you reasonably conclude that this action can help you wake up early. If it doesn't, you go back to the drawing board to see why it did not work, and what you can do to rather make that activity work, or find another activity that will help you wake up early.

So when people are often claiming that they know "science" is real, they are often talking about scientific results from certain studies that they often never researched themselves. As such, a great deal of "scientific" people actually do no scientific exploration in themselves, they are simply conforming to the notion of scientific research, perhaps because it contains objects that are more readily tangible than things that have been around before. However, the "science" community has functionally created religion on it's own, which is nothing more than a system of beliefs based on ideals that were investigated by certain authorities on the matter. Whereas deities and spirits were once the gods of the world, now the ruler, microscope, and the laboratory are now the gods.

Yet and still, such gods are just as speculative as any other, after all, what the hell is an inch really? Is it not just a measurement of space that, to our knowledge, doesn't even have a limit? Moreover, considering that there are more than just humans not just on this Earth, but in this universe, isn't it quite odd that we have claimed "truths" about the universe that can only be substantiated to appear or even work in certain ways based on our perceptual senses? What does the world even look like to a hawk, or a squirrel, or even the domestic house cat or dog? We don't even have a clue, despite the fact that we can figure out that these animals have certain parts of their brain light up when certain things happen. Even though they do, with different perceptive ranges, we're clueless not only to what they see, feel, hear, smell, or taste, we are clueless to how the interpret that information.

So the science that everyone considers "science" is far less substantial than we believe it to be, and based just as widely on relatively as anything else because we are assessing what we see through limited senses. This doesn't mean that it is invalid, but it rather means that it is far from being able to ride things off as being "unreal" simply because we cannot measure them. By such logic, the atom and biological cell are less than 200 years old because we could not measure them then. Yet, science claims them to be the building blocks of biological life and, in the case of atoms, the universe itself.

So how foolish is it to ride off the experiences of spiritual activity just because it can't be physically measured - yet? And how is the work of Yoga, Taoist Alchemy, Shamanism, and any various primordial disciplines, not considered science when it's work is based solely on the function of making experiential discovery? Such ideas can only flourish in the face of hubris-inspired ignorance. Yes, the results of these works are not empirical, and they have different flowerings for different people. Yet and still, "science" is far from empirical itself, so again, we are back in the same boat regardless of how much more seemingly tangible it is.

So with that said, I don't know why a person would be here just to slam what a lot of this forum is about.

• Like 3

Yeah, they tried to make me one. Didn't work.

Have you noticed the most popular robot stories also seem to be the ones where they dont work 'properly' either ?

b2cc668c80ab08aa0b0627f47ee01c0d.jpg

• Like 1

An interesting concept 'trolling' ... I dont think I actually understand it. I cant relate to a gnomy guy under a bridge at all.

I used to go trolling with my dad and big brother when I was a little tyke. We had this old in-board put-put fishing boat (the type where you had to wrap a leather strap around the drive shaft near the fly wheel and yank it to start - then put the box over the motor and fly wheel) .

We would set it at lowest revs, just above stall and chug .... chug ... chug ... over the sand flats at high tide towing a 'spinner' lure out the back off our fishing rods.

Some fish would see the wiggly, flashing bait (that wasnt even real or edible) and they just couldnt resist taking a bite , then they would be hooked.

But apparently I have 'trolling' all mixed up with that.

Anyway ... back to the topic ;

Robots_Fishing.jpg

• Like 1

Hello the1gza

I would have to ask, first and foremost, why anyone who isn't at least open to learning spirituality would be here on this forum. Protector, it is clear that you are not interested in learning spiritual science here, so why are you on this forum? If you think spirituality has to go, then why are you on a forum where people are practicing spiritual techniques? Is that not slightly trollish, to be on a forum that you seem to only have objections toward?

To my mind spirituality has a polarity; it would be very spiritually naive to forget this.

1e135h.jpg

• Like 1