Sign in to follow this  
ChiForce

MH17...

the drive to power is psychotic and aggressive in nature, without that, you either don't get to the top, or you don't maintain your position for long.

the game is fixed, until that human impulse, ceases.

IMO the drive of power in inherent to the unfortunate social norm of competition.

Competition is not only a distraction to spirituality, but has an inherently hostile, us verses them mentality that is contrary to the true nature of basic human beingness. Competition is about as natural and needed as the Abrahamic religions. Just as there is no such thing as healthy delusion or a healthy religion, there is no healthy competition. Competition does not build character, it reinforces low self-esteem and ugliness in the World.

Competition encourages animosity, envy, hostility, hate, war, and illiberalism. The synonyms of competition include contention, rivalry, conflict, strife, struggle and combativeness. For competition, there is only a winner if their is a loser When viewed integrally, competition undermines all healthy human enterprises. Competition reinforces a psychological dependence on external, object-ive activities. In a competitive society only the winner is good enough. Success is seen through defeating others, not cooperation.

Harvard Business School professor Dr. Teresa Amabile, author of Creativity in Context and Growing Up Creative, has given much attention to team creativity, organizational innovation, assessing creativity and motivation.. In one experiment she had two groups make artistic collages. One group competed for prizes through a contest, while the other was unaware of any competition. The art was then independently judged by seven professionals. Those competing for prizes were considered much less creative and complex than the non-competitive crafted collages.

Social psychologist Alfie Kohn pointed out in his impressive 'No Contest - The Case Against Competition' a multitude of negative effects of competition, many of them subtle. Kohn articulates that competition arises from four myths. First, the “survival of the fittest”, which really manifests a perpetual struggle in society. Second, that competition builds character. Yet it has been shown that only those with low self-esteem require competitive activities. People with high self-esteem has no need to externally prove anything or beat others. Thirdly, that competition is fun. Competition reduces spontaneous play to superiority/humiliation dynamic. Fourthly is the fallacy that competition increases productivity. However, study after study shows that cooperation, not competition, leads to higher levels of achievement. "That most of us consistently fail to consider the alternatives to competition is a testament to the effectiveness of our socialization." Alfie Kohn

How could a truly loving parent put their children in competitive surroundings? For me, I never hesitated to play games with my kids. For example, we'd occasionally play the word game known as Scrabble. It wasn't played competitively, but cooperatively. We didn't take part to beat each other, but to continually see how many overall maximum points could be extracted from our play. We would help and encourage each other to find fantastic words. We would use a dictionary to learn new words and their suggested meanings.

Competitive contests encourage division, thus reinforcing the illusion of separation. As long as the belief that we are separate is clung to, we keep our sapiential mind obscured, and our thymus glands atrophied. Competition stimulates physical aging. Cooperation on the other hand, not only perpetuates an enhancing of human potential, but promotes a healthy relationship with humanity and our environment. V

Edited by Vmarco

The Morality of Competition (author unknown)

Discussions about competition often take the form of: Is competition good or bad? This is indeed the way the main contemporary researchers deal with the problem. Is competition good? They answer: No. Is it bad? Yes, in every way, bad psychologically, developmentally, physically, socially, educationally, and productively.

Competition has some general characteristics. Competition is involved when, whatever else one wants, it is part of one's motivation and satisfaction to equal or surpass others.

Edited by Vmarco

Sorry for going, what could be perceived as, Off Topic. If there was any "gnowledge" influencing Eastern Ukraine, MH17 would not have been shot down,...just as if Al Gore would have waited for the vote count, 9-11 would likely have been just another day.

given that the "elevator work" was done before dubya...do you really think such a thing was smaller than the presidency? it would have been performed no matter which puppet was in office.

• Like 2

given that the "elevator work" was done before dubya...do you really think such a thing was smaller than the presidency? it would have been performed no matter which puppet was in office.

No,...the history I've seen says that Gore, was highly involved with the intelligence to take out Bin Laden in the months before Bush took office. Bush immediately dropped all plans to take down Al-Qaeda for the Spring of 2001,...and from his very first Cabinet meeting (as stated by more than one in that room) made his priority known that he wanted a way to invade Iraq. That in itself is enough to have altered history.

However,...three similar quotes, by Bush, Cheney, and Rice, following 9-11, absolutely disturbed me.

"Had I known that the enemy was going to use those airplanes to kill on that fateful morning, I would have done everything in my power to protect the American people".-George W Bush

Bush, Cheney and Rice all implied that knew there was to be a hijacking, which was allowed to occur to give Bush reason to invade Iraq,....but that they didn't know they were going to use the planes to crash into the WTC or Pentagon.

Of course,...in the months following 9-11, no one was allowed to critique anything that the WH did,...if so, their credibility was destroyed,...like Scott Ritter, Valerie Plame, even Bill Maher lost his job for a while.

And list of strange things go on and on,...like Condoleezza Rice revealing to MSNBC.com/news that detailed plans for the US retaliation against al-Qaeda reached the White House for Bush's signature on September 9, two days before the attacks.

"Even after the final report of Charles Duelfer to Congress saying that Iraq did not have a significant WMD program, 72% of Bush supporters continue to believe that Iraq had actual WMD.

Tell a lie long enough!

• Like 2

haven't watched broadcast tv in a few years.

best decision ever.

now about that internet... that must be true, it's written down right?

• Like 1

No,...the history I've seen says that Gore, was highly involved with the intelligence to take out Bin Laden in the months before Bush took office. Bush immediately dropped all plans to take down Al-Qaeda for the Spring of 2001,...and from his very first Cabinet meeting (as stated by more than one in that room) made his priority known that he wanted a way to invade Iraq. That in itself is enough to have altered history.

However,...three similar quotes, by Bush, Cheney, and Rice, following 9-11, absolutely disturbed me.

"Had I known that the enemy was going to use those airplanes to kill on that fateful morning, I would have done everything in my power to protect the American people".-George W Bush

Bush, Cheney and Rice all implied that knew there was to be a hijacking, which was allowed to occur to give Bush reason to invade Iraq,....but that they didn't know they were going to use the planes to crash into the WTC or Pentagon.

Of course,...in the months following 9-11, no one was allowed to critique anything that the WH did,...if so, their credibility was destroyed,...like Scott Ritter, Valerie Plame, even Bill Maher lost his job for a while.

And list of strange things go on and on,...like Condoleezza Rice revealing to MSNBC.com/news that detailed plans for the US retaliation against al-Qaeda reached the White House for Bush's signature on September 9, two days before the attacks.

"Even after the final report of Charles Duelfer to Congress saying that Iraq did not have a significant WMD program, 72% of Bush supporters continue to believe that Iraq had actual WMD.

Tell a lie long enough!

:lol: well, some people attempt to paint Gore with perhaps a milliliter of credibility, but he dont got a molecule of it. if that was the case, he had plenty of opportunity to have leaned on clinton to have done something about it. so this rush at the end of everything? :rolleyes: puhleeze. Gore is a shiester just like the rest of them.

"they're all crooks, every single last one of them"

thanks gram, rock on with that 93rd today...

Best thing everyone can do is switch off the TV. Lies like these are peddled directly into your living room through the TV.

Yup, which is why i haven't got a TV at home for 2 years now. What peace there is without it. Before that i used to have 3 of em, one in the lounge, one in the bedroom and the third in the kitchen. Man, the dependency levels were crazeeee... and its not even easily spotted.

• Like 1

How do you feel now watching the news or tv shows after going without for so long? Does it all feel fake to you?

I can't stand watching tv anymore. I don't own one, and have been without for 7 months now.

How do you feel now watching the news or tv shows after going without for so long? Does it all feel fake to you?

I can't stand watching tv anymore. I don't own one, and have been without for 7 months now.

Haven't had a TV for many years,...actually, the last TV series I watched was the Monkey's....although in the 80's would purposely visit a friend to watch a sitcom about Alaska, called Northern Exposure,... however, do have a computer,...so I still watch,...just can pick what I want now. Not sitcoms, but nice knowing that there are plenty on www.cucirca.com if I ever get the urge. The new way to watch series is much more fun,...you wait for it to be finished,...then watch them all back-to-back without commercials. Rome was my favorite,...what an ingenious idea for a story.

Not many spiritually orientated programs available though, like What Dreams May Come, or The Man Who Could Work Miracles, with Roland Young. I may check out this new film Lucy. Haven't been to the theater in Chiang Mai,...but I know The Maya SFX has reclining lazy-boy seating w/popcorn table.

• Like 1

:lol: well, some people attempt to paint Gore with perhaps a milliliter of credibility, but he dont got a molecule of it. if that was the case, he had plenty of opportunity to have leaned on clinton to have done something about it. so this rush at the end of everything? :rolleyes: puhleeze. Gore is a shiester just like the rest of them.

"they're all crooks, every single last one of them"

thanks gram, rock on with that 93rd today...

Does not matter if Gore is a wonk, a dweeve, or dishonest...to me he's a pathetic Christian,...nevertheless, if he waited until the count was complete, thus becoming President, it is unlikely the hijackings that led to 9-11 would have occurred. Gore was not looking for an excuse to start a war with Iraq.

If Gore took the Presidency,...thousands of Americans, and tens of thousands of others, would still be alive.

Edited by Vmarco

Competition in origin meant "to strive together" , you and I will inspire each other to be the best we can be.

When I did athletics in my youth it was always made clear that it is about being the best you can be. The person in front helps to motivate you further. It was more about conquering yourself than others. We would always push each other to success (success being to better our own personal records)

The problem with your approach is in seeing "not winning" as something bad therefore we need to create situations in which nobody can win or lose. As society has fostered jealousy/ envy to insane proportions... I think we need to return to the Pagan Stoicism/ Virtue/ Idealism/ Heroism. If my friend is faster or smarter than me I do not move to cut them down, I praise their efforts, achievements and am inspired by them... many today however are filled with envy/ spite.

I heard a girl the other day say that she hated another girl because that girl was beautiful. In a joking kind of manner... but still... I thought it a very, very strange statement to make.

Rather than finding peace/ acceptance within themselves and a general stoic/ idealist attitude they move to attack and destroy excellence because they themselves feel inadequate.... rather than strive to better themselves (in any manner) (heroic path)

If you are putting in 100% you are always winning as the greatest battle is with the self.

It is funny that the study you provided being anti competition used a competition to decide whether or not competition was good or bad... judging the final results of the different groups against each other.

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

If you are putting in 100% you are always winning as the greatest battle is with the self.

It is funny that the study you provided being anti competition used a competition to decide whether or not competition was good or bad... judging the final results of the different groups against each other.

Who can really put in 100%?

Reminds me of a Jed McKenna quote.

"One millionth of 1% false is completely false" Jed McKenna

I'd agree with Jed Mckenna mostly haha

If it was "One millionth of 1% false" I'd just say it needs some fine tuning ... I think the fault in that study is pretty large though.

Somewhat like the "do not judge" ... to say do not judge is itself a judgement... so ... sigh hahah

Does not matter if Gore is a wonk, a dweeve, or dishonest...to me he's a pathetic Christian,...nevertheless, if he waited until the count was complete, thus becoming President, it is unlikely the hijackings that led to 9-11 would have occurred. Gore was not looking for an excuse to start a war with Iraq.

If Gore took the Presidency,...thousands of Americans, and tens of thousands of others, would still be alive.

:lol: get that bs outta here, junior was a patsy just like obama. if gore won then the towers would have fallen and people would have voted red team in 2004 to start working on getting rid of the kyoto protocol executive order and we'd still be in this police state world garbage mess. (I mean cmon, they were wired up while clinton was still president...)

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

:lol: get that bs outta here, junior was a patsy just like obama. if gore won then the towers would have fallen

I agree with the puppet theory,...not that a Secret Government is controlling things,...but something more akin to Colin Wilson's Mind Parasites.

I stand by my comment however,...that if Gore was President, 9-11 would not have occurred,...but 9-11did occur, and thus Gore wasn't suppose to be President,...even though he actually won.

We cannot changed the past,...and every perceived moment is in the past. To look at it another way,...the beginning is intimately connected to the end,...just like film at a theater. We may not yet know the end, but just as in the theater, nothing you do during the middle is going to change the ending,...because in actuality, everything occurs at one time. If you could listen to all the frequencies on your radio tuner at the sametime, you'd have a better grasp of the whole dream.

I see zero evidence that Gore would have gone against the string pullers and "prevented" 9-11. There is plenty of evidence that it was set up well before junior's presidency - so what makes you think it wouldnt have gone down regardless?? He would have been sitting there lamenting on TV that oh if they could have just put the pieces together, just like junior did. And now, regrettably, I'm being told its time for war... :rolleyes:

one of the very few high res shots available....you can see cockpit entry and exit holes...so it appears that hits came from more than 1 direction...

Consider the armament of the SU-25: It is equipped with a double-barreled 30-mm gun, type GSh-302 / AO-17A, capable of firing 250 rounds anti-tank fire or splinter-explosive projectiles, in a defined order.

High+Res+MH17.png

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this