4bsolute

Two simple questions: Earth = yin? and What exactly is Personal Energy

imho heaven is yang as it is expansive - earth is yin as it is limited.

However this can change due to relativity as already stated.

It all depends on context.

• Like 1

Exactly. Without Yin there is no Chi. Without Yang there is no Chi. Without Chi there is no ...

*holds breath*

• Like 1

Okay okay, I admit: I asked question #1 because of curiosity arouse on how to deal with cold energies affecting the body. Becoming immune to cold or heat, would simply mean, that the entire body would climb up one ladder in higher elements, correct? With everything that goes with it and us being then in somewhat of a transcendental state, where our physical body holds different energies (and of course higher mindset/understanding of things)

The earth is yang the sky is yin the sun is yang the moon at full moon is yang the moon at new moon is yin. Although all of these contain their opposite.

Although the moon as a whole is always a reflection of the sun. So in that sense perhaps it can be considered that the sun is yang, the moon is yin. The sun radiates energy, while the moon is the 'receiver' of that energy and reflects that which is radiated.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 3

In romantic languages, the moon is feminine -- la Luna.

But in German, the moon is masculine -- der Mond. It seems a little unromantic at first, but it makes sense if you see the moon as the circle of yang in the field of yin in the taiji symbol.

• Like 1

Going back to the original OP thread title, wherein the question is asked: "What exactly is personal energy?"

I'll bet you'll get lots of opinions on this one. My take is that personal energy increases as we develop the ability to relax our body and our mind; we become more of a vessel for the flow of the universal energy. By having no tension in the body, the energy is free to circulate without getting stuck in a knot somewhere. By clearing our mind and diminishing the internal dialogue, our 'vision' is increased as well.

Some might be thinking more along the lines of kundalini energy. Maybe this is part of it, I don't know. I know that the kundalini energy used to get stuck in the chakras when I first lit up. I took this to mean that the symbolic meaning of the particular chakra was something that needed to be worked on, in my life. So kundalini energy may be part of what the OP refers to as personal energy, although somehow I don't think that's quite it.

All I can speak of is my own experience. I do 'run energy' through my hands for small healings (sprains, pain, headaches, stomach aches, things of this nature). For more extensive healings it requires a deeper type of vision to get down to the place in the psyche that is causing the malady - running energy (physically) doesn't seem to be as important here.

But the running of energy, as others on this forum will most likely attest, does involve turning yourself into a type of 'vessel' by quieting the mind, breathing, and relaxing every possible muscle in the body that you can. Then the energy run is done with intent; and you do get verification that the energy is running by sensing a magnetic pull in the abdomen. If you are touching another with your hands, there is a sense of liquifaction of the inside of your body, almost like you have no organs and everything is just, well, liquid. There is also a totally different sense of connection or Oneness to the person you are touching.

I'm sure that somebody who is proficient in qigong will have a totally different perspective as to what personal energy is. And certainly someone proficient in the martial arts would have an even different one. But there does seem to be different types of energy; an ambient energy which can be channeled through your hands to another, or the more pointed and direct kundalini energy which seems to come up from the earth.

I still don't think this is what the OP was getting at about personal energy, but I thought I'd give it a stab.

We do not really want to discuss this here, do we?

If so I would start and state that experience very well can be gathered. We learn through our actions. Basic muscle memory. The mind then stores of what we have put together and have experienced.

To say experience cannot be gathered would be as to say the term "to experience" does not exist. Experience in itself means gathering of something. Even just witnessing it is a gathering. Gathering also can but not necessarily means holding on to it.

If you are gathering experience, surely you will at some point burst from being overfull. Also, you should be able to tell me how much room you still have left empty? If the amount of empty room doesn't change, and if the volume of experience doesn't increase, then "gathering" is not the word that best suits the situation.

If you take one breath, is it one experience or a million experiences or no experience at all, since it can be considered incomplete? How do you count it?

But I know where you are coming from. Everything is out there waiting for us to remember. But we can only remember what has once being experienced. Correct?

You can remember things you thought you've never experienced. What is the difference between a lack of experience and a forgotten experience?

So basicly tap into the experience of another being. To re-experience that experience. But experience can not be given to someone, just the basic tools to experience. But (for my current understanding) never experience itself.

Or is there a tangible tool that perfectly lets you experience what I am witnessing right now with all of my limited Self? Sure there might be possibilities, but do you have actual experience?

Entertaining doubts one's mind becomes open. Letting go of doubts one's steps become firm and one's destiny becomes truly one's own. Doubt is vision. Letting go of doubt is strength.

Now, how can you keep both your legs and your eyes?

Edited by goldisheavy

What is the difference between a lack of experience and a forgotten experience?

Now that is a great question!

Most experiences aren't forgotten though.

Riding a bike for one.

You can go for years off the bike but soon as you get on one again you can ride it.

If you'd never had that bike riding experience then you'd not be able to ride the bike very well or at all until experience was gained via practice.

Some past experiences might be from previous lives though.

For example some take to cultivation like ducks to water from the get go whilst others can't seem to stick at it.

The former were maybe cultivators in a previous lifetime.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Goldisheavy said:

You can remember things you thought you've never experienced. What is the difference between a lack of experience and a forgotten experience?

In my experience, goldi, I have a terrible problem with short term memory, possibly following my mother into dementia. I think there is a difference - a forgotten experience is still somehow lodged within our unconscious, whereas something never experienced just isn't in there.

There are many times in my life (maybe within the last 10 years) that that unconscious previous experience will come to the fore and give me access to the forgotten knowledge. It's almost like a channel of forgotten stuff that gives you what you need when you need it. I think it's accessed by our intuitive self.

Okay - I know that someone will say "If you can access it, it's not forgotten". Maybe that's the case - but on the other hand I know what it was to have a 'normal' memory, as opposed to what I have now. It really is a different kind of access - an intentional one vs. an unintentional surprise of something coming out of the fog suddenly.

Edited by manitou

This sentence prevented me from "Like"ing that post. No worry though, it's just me.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

#1 Is the earth itself we live on considered to be yin in total nature?

#2 How can we understand Personal Energy?

What is Personal Energy? The mishmash we have gathered as experience from a lower point of view, soul point of view? And: Is the Personal Energy always considered to be not very high in nature, does it always stay rather low or can it be raised higher and higher? Is the actual core principle of Qigong and Tai Chi to mix ones personal energy with the Earth and Higher Forces? Do we at some point of spiritual evolution dissolve totally with higher Forces?

#2.1 is Generational Energy part of Personal Energy?

Thank you.

Do you know what you are really asking because I really don't....??? :wacko:

Previous lives mean that there is a past. Past, present and future is one. So all happens at the same "time". So far the theory, but if you read it and try to "feel" it, your 3D mind should feel very uncomfortable. At least mine does :)

@ChiDragon, we got all solved here by now. All good.

• Like 3

This sentence prevented me from "Like"ing that post. No worry though, it's just me.

+1

Could have been something from a previous life that put you off 'liking ' it MH.

:)

Seriously though, in Spiritualism reincarnation is totally voluntary so those who accept the idea of it on this side of life are 'right' as are those who don't accept it.

One lot comes back, the other lot don't.

Job jobbed and everybody's happy.

Well not every 'body' obviously because the ones who don't reincarnate are spirit people so don't need a body as such.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Previous lives mean that there is a past. Past, present and future is one. So all happens at the same "time". So far the theory, but if you read it and try to "feel" it, your 3D mind should feel very uncomfortable. At least mine does :)

@ChiDragon, we got all solved here by now. All good.

In the big scheme of things you're spot on but at our level on this side of life time's experientially linear.

Hence, we know when it's dinner time.

That's handy.

OK time isn't 'really' linear same as the earth isn't flat but it seems to be flat from wherever we're standing.

So my spirit chum ( 'died' 1814) inhabits a timeless place but for convenience when dealing with this side of life then she's some lass who 'died' in 1814.

Hi Ish. Thanks for your viewpoint. :)

The other day I had the same thought about purifying one's energy. Question: Do you see one's "purification work" also purifying others? (And/or even other places/things/environments?)

Hi there . Actually i'd like to hear your thoughts/experience with your question as well :D .

From my view, I think it certainly does. And i imagine the deeper you go with your own refinement, the greater effect it will have on others and your surroundings.

After all, I think the sages had achieved this to a very high standard - and that's why they were able to effect great changes, in people and in some cases the world.

But as we can see, even the energy of those kind of sages eventually becomes lost and the people still stuck. We have to take responsibility for ourselves and live up to what is being offered, i think!

Edited by Ish
  • Like 1

Hi Ish. Thanks for your viewpoint. :)

The other day I had the same consideration about cultivation being about purifying one's energy. Question: Do you see one's "purification work" also purifying others? (And/or even other places/things/environments?)

Definite yes.

The way we carry ourselves, our energy, our being has an effect on others whether they are aware of it or not.

People who come into our home say it is very peaceful so a yes to environments also.

• Like 3

Seriously though, in Spiritualism reincarnation is totally voluntary so those who accept the idea of it on this side of life are 'right' as are those who don't accept it.

One lot comes back, the other lot don't.

Is there a right or wrong side of truth?

I hear this whole idea of it being a choice... but what if the truth of it is something like gravity?

In any case, it seems to me we all come from somewhere. The teachings of taoist cultivation talk of side paths and the one true path. They say the one true path leads backwards towards where we came from, to the very gate of birth and death. As we cultivate in this area we see our true self in the seven suns, and become aware of all our previous incarnations. Then we continue backwards toward true unity and unravel the pattern of all our incarnations until we merge completely with the tao. That's what they say anyway.

As far as choice goes.... we all have choice over what layers of delusion to surround ourselves with. All perfectly valid and also part of the tao. Undoubtedly the teachings I read are their own layer of delusion. Silly human words.

• Like 1

Goldisheavy said:

In my experience, goldi, I have a terrible problem with short term memory, possibly following my mother into dementia. I think there is a difference - a forgotten experience is still somehow lodged within our unconscious, whereas something never experienced just isn't in there.

Mani, sweetie, I suggest you look into your unconscious before you speak about its contents.

+1

Could have been something from a previous life that put you off 'liking ' it MH.

Hehehe. You are not the first person to hit me with that.

• Like 1

As far as choice goes.... we all have choice over what layers of delusion to surround ourselves with. All perfectly valid and also part of the tao. Undoubtedly the teachings I read are their own layer of delusion. Silly human words.

Well, I do get to "Like" and agree with part of that post.

IMO and as an opinion NOT a precept.

We could maybe all cultivate, at least some of the time; " for the benefit of others".

The western Pure Land Buddhists close by us here cultivate their nembutsu chanting with stated intention before they begin that the nembutsu is offered with the intention that that 'all sentient beings may become Buddhas.

That's always struck me as really nice.

Not being so ambitious ( nor a Buddhist) I cultivate with intention for those I think might need a 'boost'.

If that does no good then it does no harm either.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

Mani, sweetie, I suggest you look into your unconscious before you speak about its contents.

Darling, I totally invite you to expand upon this. Is there something you see in my unconscious that I'm missing? It's entirely possible, and I welcome your viewpoint.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 2

And i imagine the deeper you go with your own refinement, the greater effect it will have on others and your surroundings.

Refinement is a terrific word for the clearing-house dynamic - and a word used too seldom, IMO.

• Like 1

IMO

We should all cultivate, at least some of the time; " for the benefit of others".

The western Pure Land Buddhists close by us here cultivate their nembutsu chanting with stated intention before they begin that the nembutsu is offered with the intention that that 'all sentient beings may become Buddhas.

That's always struck me as really nice.

Not being so ambitious ( nor a Buddhist) I cultivate with intention for those I think might need a 'boost'.

If that does no good then it does no harm either.

"We should" ? Tsk tsk