ChiDragon

Why Does Tai Ji Starts with Slow Motion?

Thank you for this Horus. I've been curious about these things... the way you describe it all makes so much sense.

I've been living in a city lately.... living on the land in a tent for the past 5 months. Even that has really deepened my connection to the earth, but the "noise" of the city is always there. All came about from just trying to listen to where I was being led. This month it seems I am being led to set up my tent (and maybe soon a yurt) on a beautiful property in the country with a mountain view and wonderful energy. I am very much looking forward to connecting and nurturing the land there.

Sounds beautiful!

I've has similar aspirations myself, but my guides shun the idea - saying that they need me to be around people/society.

At least I've been able to get out of apartments now, and have a home with bush across the road :)

"All came about from just trying to listen to where I was being led."

Awesome!

hey steve - awesome question.

Yes, I do. I connect with the earth core daily. I've just started working with (beginning with larger scale awareness (solar system rotation, galactic vectors, and so forth).

After about 12 months of the standing earth work with the sites and chakras I was greeted by a guardian of the site at Bali (Tirta Empul) which is a meeting point of male/female ley lines (and a key purification center for the global energy system). This man told me I should make myself invisible until my connection is strong enough otherwise i'd attract too much attention during the early stages of shen journey through the earth system. I would then see him every day for months and at times he would heal my energy body and remove blockages that were taken up from the earth grid.

He left the earth about months ago saying his role is no longer needed and things are "changing".

A few months before he left I was met at a few other sites by a number of my spirit guides that have been showing me various exercises to do.

One guide in particular would just sit at a particular site and just be there when I'd get to that site. I asked him why he's just sitting there and not showing me things and he said that I am refusing him until I can see him clearer. That lasted for months and then one day he started showing me things, simple things first. Then after some time (months) he grabbed my hand one day and said follow me and we flew to a hospital to a woman in labour that was having issues and he worked with her energetically and the child was born.

So, things like that went on for a few months - visiting children in orphanages, people calling out for help.

He then started saying just do what I do. So I mimic what he was doing/does.

These visits would only be for say 30 sec to a minute out of my earth grid cycle meditation (while embracing the tree stance).

Then one day recently instead of flying of in his usual direction with me following - he turned back in the opposite direction and asked me to look to the sky/cosmos. I baulked at that, and said oh..I can't understand what you mean - it's too much/shenning out. So, he broke it down - and made it clear he was showing me the workings of the solar system.

He then showed me - see/feel the sun - focus on the feeling. ok, I can do that. So, the sun came into spiritual perception - and before I had time to think about it - he pulled my perception to the moon - oh, ok that's different - and then he said - while holding those energies sturdy in my perception - he said - now feel the earth.

And when I felt the earth it suddenly jumped into vision - and he sped up the vision through time/space and I saw the earth spinning, tilted on its access, moon orbiting it and the gradual movement around the sun. It was awesome, and is now every morning - because when I get back to that part of my grid cycle/that site - he's not there - and so I tried to do the same perception and it comes up each time and is getting stronger. He's leaving me to work with that and will come back sometime when ready for more...

An I can feel that the next phase is rooting further into the earth to understand the rotational dynamics and how they relate synonymously with our physical and subtle body - the taji pole, the extra meridians, the eternal soul, etc

If you haven't done this yet, it might be a worthwhile investment of some time to look into the measured rotational axes of Earth, our solar system, our galaxy, and local reference points. Getting a sense of the direction you are facing relative to how we are positioned and moving relative to planet, solar system, galaxy, etc.. might be useful. You may find that you can feel it already, although I still feel it's helpful to check how what you feel compares to measured parameters.

• Like 1

Slow form is required for the development of Jin (inner strength). But you have to learn to feel and use the Jin before you start to practice the slow form.

Edited by Fazeng

I've has similar aspirations myself, but my guides shun the idea - saying that they need me to be around people/society.

This is what causes me uncertainty. I don't have a really great connection to my guides yet, but I know they're there. (Another reason we try to slow down, so we can communicate with our guides...)

I work on the internet, so every day I walk into the city and use my intuition to find a place with internet. It has really helped me learn to listen better to how I am being guided. Today I ended up in the library.

Various sources say I am definitely here to work on a more social level, and yet I do feel I am being led somewhere I can develop a much deeper practice and regain some wholeness without distraction. Perhaps once I've spent some time getting deeper I'll be better prepared to work with others. In any case the new property is part of a little community of open hearted people.

I suppose we can only listen, and do our work sincerely. Then keep listening to see where our work is leading, and how we are lead to change our work. We may start with slowness, but it is also honing sincerity and building foundation. We may retain the sincerity and calmness, but we don't stay working with the same energies... at least not if we're really developing. If we aren't really developing, perhaps we need work on our sincerity. This is true for me!

• Like 2

Slow form is required for the development of Jin (inner strength). But you have to learn to feel and use the Jin before you start to practice the slow form.

If the former is require to develop the jin, then, where is the jin in the latter came from before the slow form....???

Edited by ChiDragon

I learned the other way around.

I started with zhan zhuang and learning the slow form together.

Later came zuo wang and later yet came the jin training.

I think there are different ways to approach it.

• Like 1

I don't practice Tai Chi anymore as I am not a martial artist and found other movements to have far superiority for me for energetics. It is a matter, for me, of efficiency.

Hi Ya Mu, that's interesting. Could you explain why ?

I know Tai Chi is not primarily design to cultivate energy but to destroy opponents (I get it). What I'm asking for is, is it possible for you to describe your practice comparatively to tai chi.

More specifically : how do you consider the different kind of movement you make effect on the intent (which in your case seems to be agglomerating energy -if I'm right)?

I'm not sure I made myself understand so I'll keep trying. When I practice, I'm not looking for gaining "energy" (which is a only a consequence of practicing). What I want is to feel my body (its parts, flux, rooting), relax and develop some "awareness" feeling in a way that's specific to Tai Chi.

It's slightly different when it comes to horse stance or chi qong but it's even more turned to internal feelings and awareness. So could you explain in what your practice is different ? Is it because of the moves ? The intent ?

If that's not clear I'll reformulate.

PS : I ask Ya Mu but anyone is welcome to answer.

I'll keep quiet. I really would like to see Ya Mu's response.

• Like 1

Please do.....!!!

You will have so many answers from so many people.

How do you know who to listen to.....???

Don't you think that you should know some basics about Taiji as your guideline before throwing out your ambiguous questions....???

Don't you think you should know who to ask and what to ask rather than just doing it randomly....???

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Please do.....!!!

You will have so many answers from so many people.

How do you know who to listen to.....???

Don't you think that you should know some basics about Taiji as your guideline before throwing out your ambiguous questions....???

Don't you think you should know who to ask and what to ask rather than just doing it randomly....???

LOL CD

I think I can handle it, but thanks. The question goes to Ya Mu.

--

I know Tai Chi is not primarily design to cultivate energy but to destroy opponents (I get it). What I'm asking for is, is it possible for you to describe your practice comparatively to tai chi.

More specifically : how do you consider the different kind of movement you make effect on the intent (which in your case seems to be agglomerating energy -if I'm right)?

--

I'll say that the fairly obvious difference to me is that with Taiji, you generally gather energy and then push with it. This is still great for developing intent with your energy and also using the push as a sort of cleansing. However, since it is usually closer to 50% gather, 50% push, or even less on the gathering side, it is less of an energy development technique than qi gong which generally does the cleansing movement first and then gathering, with a ratio more like 20-30% cleansing moves, 70-80% gathering moves.

That said, I find many to most qigong gathering moves can be both cleansing or gathering depending on the intent and requirement, and, if you're energy is flowing and stagnant energy cleaned out, you can gather energy just walking and breathing mindfully.

• Like 1

Hi Ya Mu, that's interesting. Could you explain why ?

I'm not sure I made myself understand so I'll keep trying. When I practice, I'm not looking for gaining "energy" (which is a only a consequence of practicing). What I want is to feel my body (its parts, flux, rooting), relax and develop some "awareness" feeling in a way that's specific to Tai Chi.

It's slightly different when it comes to horse stance or chi qong but it's even more turned to internal feelings and awareness. So could you explain in what your practice is different ? Is it because of the moves ? The intent ?

One thing I will say is that I do not believe one can separate the energetic signature from an exercise; an exercise's original purpose will always have an influence. Yes, through one's own development of energetics and development of intent this can be minimized but IMO it will always be there. My point is that one wouldn't have as good a result utilizing Gift of the Tao movements as a direct method of harming someone in the exact sameness as using Tai Chi as a strictly energetic exercise. Both types of exercise have their own higher efficiency in their purpose.

If all things were equal to one another and served multi-purposes we would all do just one exercise. For example, Rebounding is good exercise and possibly the single most efficient cellular stimulation one can get for the time spent; efficiency in physical exercise. Then we look at efficiency in energetics. Sure intent has a lot to do with everything but efficiency + energy + intent then BAM! Otherwise lets all pretend everything is roses and just do nothing.

I would like to correct a misnomer. Yes qigong is generally considered a "gathering & storing" exercise. But what I was comparing for myself was time spent doing a martial art versus neigong whose efficiency is based on transmutation versus "gathering & storing". And this is transmutation or energetic evolution of our energy body. In particular, the Gift of the Tao movements are neigong movements which raise the vibrational frequency of the energy body. The Gift of the Tao I movements are based on energy patterns as seen on higher vibratory worlds when doing Stillness-Movement neigong dreaming. As such these movements have an extremely high efficiency in shifting one's energy body to the higher vibratory states. When performing this shif​ting one's whole energy body is now operating at an entirely other level.

For me, it would be a waste of my time doing a less efficient exercise for my purposes. And this is not to take anything away from the awesomeness of a valid Tai Chi form, especially one as awesome as Chen Pan Ling style, which is the one I would be practicing .

• Like 5

Yep you talk about the theorical diference between qi gong and tai chi. What I ask why do some move gather more than others. I knew I was very clumsy on my formulation.

To sum up : Ya Mu wrote "far superiority for me for energetics." So I want to know why. That's very simple in fact :D

EDIT : I was answering HE when Ya Mu posted ^^

"In particular, the Gift of the Tao movements are neigong movements which raise the vibrational frequency of the energy body. The Gift of the Tao I movements are based on energy patterns as seen on higher vibratory worlds when doing Stillness-Movement neigong dreaming."

That's my answer and I don't understand what it's about so I'll forget these questions for now.

T h a n k s folks :)

Edited by CloudHands
  • Like 1

I'll just say that maybe what I was trying to describe is really the simple effect of cleansing that happens at the same time that one allows in good chi (during gathering move) - they open themselves up and the bad flows out while the good pours in, like dirty water falling out of a bowl when you run fresh clean water on it

"What I ask why do some move gather more than others?"

I guess you mean is why are some gathering moves more effective than other gathering moves.

So, yes, Ya Mu has responded to that already.

I'll just say that maybe what I was trying to describe is really the simple effect of cleansing that happens at the same time that one allows in good chi (during gathering move) - they open themselves up and the bad flows out while the good pours in, like dirty water falling out of a bowl when you run fresh clean water on it

And this is a grand thing! It should happen with all good qigong systems. But efficiency is still paramount. Not all systems are created equal. Can I twiddle my thumbs and it be qigong? Actually I can. it is, and most any practitioner should be able to once they have reached a certain level. But is it the most efficient way of energy manipulation? No.

• Like 3

What are they concerned about then, if not jing>qi>shen>qi>jing?

The combination of slow movements and the deep, slow and long breathings to build the jin in the muscles. Thus this will take care of whatever is going on inside the body. You may have a rat running inside you or what have you. Yeah, jing>qi>shen>qi>jing, that will work but there is no need to know how it works.

Just follow this basic pattern and your jin(勁) will be built up in no time few years. Of course, the practice must be done diligently:

動作配合意識: The movements coordinates with the intent of the mind(yi)

意識引導動作: The Yi guides the movements

動作配合呼吸: The movements coordinate with the breathing

動作 要 連 貫: All the movements should be continuous with one smooth flow.

Edited by ChiDragon

The combination of slow movements and the deep, slow and long breathings to build the jin in the muscles. Thus this will take care of whatever is going on inside the body. You may have a rat running inside you or what have you. Yeah, jing>qi>shen>qi>jing, that will work but there is no need to know how it works.

Just follow this basic pattern and your jin(勁) will be built up in no time:

動作配合意識: The movements coordinates with the intend of the mind(yi)

ChiDragon,

In the first of the four lines, you may want to use the word "intent" rather than intend, for grammatical reasons.

What this is saying is that there is more to building jin than simply slow movement and breathing.

While you may not need to know how it works, there is a need to actively engage the yi and mindfully connect with the movement. The yi needs to be developed, this is why Daoist meditation methods are so important in the internal arts.

This is how one achieves the continuity, the wholeness, the flow.

I'll have to disagree with the statement that with this approach you will build your jin "in no time."

The one thing about jin is that there is no way to build it quickly.

It only develops over a long period of time provided one maintains skillful training.

Just follow this basic pattern and your jin(勁) will be built up in no time:

動作配合意識: The movements coordinates with the intend of the mind(yi)

Source ?

ChiDragon,

In the first of the four lines, you may want to use the word "intent" rather than intend, for grammatical reasons.

What this is saying is that there is more to building jin than simply slow movement and breathing.

While you may not need to know how it works, there is a need to actively engage the yi and mindfully connect with the movement. The yi needs to be developed, this is why Daoist meditation methods are so important in the internal arts.

I'll have to disagree with the statement that with this approach you will build your jin "in no time."

It only develops over a long period of time provided one maintains skillful training.

Thank you. The grammatical errors and the time involvement had been corrected.

The yi is the intent of the mind which directs the movements. I don't see how the yi need to be developed. The only thing I see is the coordination of the yi and the slow movements have to be developed.

Source ?

At 1:40

At 1:40

You gave chinese.... SOURCE.

Explain it.

The yi is the intent of the mind which directs the movements. I don't see how the yi need to be developed. The only thing I see is the coordination of the yi and the slow movements have to be developed.

really???

You have missed an extraordinary part.... this seems to get more off-topic as we go along...

I think a PPD would be good to collect all of this.

... there is a need to actively engage the yi and mindfully connect with the movement. The yi needs to be developed, this is why Daoist meditation methods are so important in the internal arts.

And this is exactly what you are missing in your approach. What Steve says above (bold mine) is paramount in these skills.

However, I don't go along with the "standard" translation of Yi as "mind intent" when used in this context as I was taught that is is more than that. It involves the "true person" instead of just the western concept of "mind". One can, however, develop Yi concurrently with the energetics when applying Steve's "skillful training" mentioned above. I use the word INTENT as opposed to intent in order to distinguish between mind (in the western concept) and non-linear, quantum level energy manipulation.

CD, have you ever considered actually training with a teacher? With your desire, enthusiasm, and analyzing-thinking experience, actual training could help you immensely in a very practical manner.

• Like 3