DreamBliss

Please help me understand this!

astral time obviously exists in the astral realms, for there is movement there - meaning space which includes time - just not 24/7 earth time.

As far as "illusions of reality" go who is saying that right now in time and space?

Further, The "Tao gave birth to the One" and all of time and space is of the One, thus is the One an illusion? And if the One is connected to Tao then by association the Tao would also be illusion which I'd say would be way off to say ...

Edited by 3bob

astral time obviously exists in the astral realms, for there is movement there - meaning space which includes time - just not 24/7 earth time.

I agree, Wouldn't the astral realms be part of the microcosm/macrocosm as well?

Yes Manitou,

Such applies to all realms... even to Lord Brahma as told of in Hinduism (namely the creator aspect) thus the sayings of a day or night of Lord Brahma and also the saying of a life-time of Lord Brahma which btw. is some outrageously long period of time when re-calculated to earth years! Whereas only Brahman (which can not really be named) is beyond time yet is the causeless cause of Lord Brahma.

I like my own company, so I don't have any problems.

The core issue is the extremely common human trait of wanting more, and when we have more we still want more. It's perfectly natural and also valid, however the problem is that you CREATE your issues by fixing your wants and needs to a reference point in the future that doesn't and will never exist.

It's not an easy thing to deal with. Just know that everything is fine as it is. Then perhaps you can settle into that idea over time.

• Like 2

Let's see...

1. I am offended that a guru would throw seekers out. I think it likely that I would suffer the same fate, were I to find a guru.

2. I am lonely. In a physical sense I have nobody to share my life with, no friends, nowhere I fit.

3. I am hurting. Being around this beautiful young woman, feeling electrified, yet having this inner knowing that she is not for me.

4. I am lost and confused, with no clear dream or purpose. Tired of having to figure crap out on my own.

5. I am asking for help to understand. Some way to be at peace with all I am feeling and going through.

That sounds like my life but I love it. (Of course, I'm an old man and don't want any of that stuff you spoke to anyhow.)

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Just going to put out the thoughts I have on the matter, which are simply vaulted over the internet and I'm not really sure where they're landing, so please excuse if they land in the neighbors yard by mistake.

I think the guru was throwing people out because they were seeking someone to enlighten them, which he cannot do. The best, maybe, that he could do was to throw them out to teach them not to depend on others to see for them.

I think a fair bit of your trouble might be coming from inner sense of entitlement to what you want. There are things that you want and why should we have desires if nobody satisfies them for us. It doesn't work that way. I say this as someone, like everyone else, who struggles with many cravings, but we have to be able to desire things without needing to have them. We have to be able to accept that there are things we want, immensely perhaps, that we simply will not have. We have to be okay with that. The desire for them is not bad, in my humble opinion. We appreciate life, nature, experience, and especially people. But we have to be okay with not having them. You want this girl. That's great. You appreciate her. You can even let her know that (in a non creepy way), so long as you know that you have no entitlement to her. To desire her is a beautiful thing even, and like tantric sex, not attaining full fulfillment can be even more beautiful as it's more long lasting.

Those are my thoughts. I don't know what they will be worth, but we've all struggled with the desire for deeper connection, and so I know that you're not just a lonely internetter. You are a beautiful human being seeking a deeper connection, just like every other person on the planet.

May the path show itself to you.

• Like 2

May my long-winded, twisting, winding words teach you patience Padawan! :P

Let's see...

1. I am offended that a guru would throw seekers out. I think it likely that I would suffer the same fate, were I to find a guru.

2. I am lonely. In a physical sense I have nobody to share my life with, no friends, nowhere I fit.

3. I am hurting. Being around this beautiful young woman, feeling electrified, yet having this inner knowing that she is not for me.

4. I am lost and confused, with no clear dream or purpose. Tired of having to figure crap out on my own.

5. I am asking for help to understand. Some way to be at peace with all I am feeling and going through.

You should look at it this way. The most powerful being in existance, the most happy being in existance, the most free being in existance, this being... This being looks at you and is fully aware of your negative emotions, and you know what happens? Nothing, they appreciate your being. They are happy. Oh DreamBliss is sad, look at this sad being! Oh how I love thee! How I love thee in thy sadness! Weeeeeeee! We are so happyyyyyy!

The only way to reach that being you want to guide your life, that most powerful being, is to become happy yourself. And then when you can finally reach him, in your happiness... Wel atleast, when I can finally reach him. I will smack his brains out. If I find God, I will literally tear him appart in the most painful way possible. And then I will tell him, "Now it is MY TIME to be HAPPY ABOUT YOUR PAIN. YOU FCKING BITCH! You fcking worthless piece of happy shit."

Hahaha I can't wait for that moment, that fcking worthless piece of selfish shit! Enjoying our suffering and UNCONDITIONALLY and LOVINGLY nourishing all pain and agony. I swear I will become so unconditionally happy, that I will rise above him and when I do, I rain shit for eternity upon this being that so many have worshipped and adored for so long.

Edited by Everything

You should look at it this way. The most powerful being in existance, the most happy being in existance, the most free being in existance, this being... This being looks at you and is fully aware of your negative emotions, and you know what happens? Nothing, they appreciate your being. They are happy. Oh DreamBliss is sad, look at this sad being! Oh how I love thee! How I love thee in thy sadness! Weeeeeeee! We are so happyyyyyy!

The only way to reach that being you want to guide your life, that most powerful being, is to become happy yourself. And then when you can finally reach him, in your happiness... Wel atleast, when I can finally reach him. I will smack his brains out. If I find God, I will literally tear him appart in the most painful way possible. And then I will tell him, "Now it is MY TIME to be HAPPY ABOUT YOUR PAIN. YOU FCKING BITCH! You fcking worthless piece of happy shit."

Hahaha I can't wait for that moment, that fcking worthless piece of selfish shit! Enjoying our suffering and UNCONDITIONALLY and LOVINGLY nourishing all pain and agony. I swear I will become so unconditionally happy, that I will rise above him and when I do, I rain shit for eternity upon this being that so many have worshipped and adored for so long.

Wow, LOL :blink:

Einstein showed us otherwise in 1905...

Time is as malleable as the space dimensions.

• Like 2

My dog doesn't build houses but he knows he wants to be inside when it rains.

Do you also believe animals are spatially unaware or is their dimensional disability only temporal?

Beliefs are like water, and I am practicing being a duck...

All I can say for certain is that no dog watches a clock waiting for its owner to come home.

It may hear its owner from far off, might have a psychic sense of its owner coming, or may know when certain things happen during the day, like the rain, or breakfast, or when its owner comes home.

But I am pretty sure the dog is not lying there, ears pricked, thinking, "It's 6:00 PM! My human will be home soon!"

Time does not exist for any other life form on this planet other than humans. But I am caught up in the illusion right along with you. Been programmed that time is real, and that this is reality, same as everyone else. The trick is becoming aware of this.

If it were not for time then a dolphin sending out a sonar signal (aka echolocation) could not sense distances and or objects using such methods. That is only one example out of tens of thousands for various life forms...

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

To quote myself:

I am lonely. In a physical sense I have nobody to share my life with, no friends, nowhere I fit.

To quote you, quoting me:

Who would like to be friends with someone who harms others and still keeps going that way???

I do not understand this statement.

When I called you Padawan I was trying to be humorous. My interpretation was that you thought my post was too long and you wanted me to simplify it for you. I misunderstood you, I apologize. I am truly and deeply sorry. I guess I wasn't paying close enough attention to what you said.

It seems as if you were giving me an exercise. I am not up to that right now. But I have saved this thread, and may work on that later, although I make no commitments or promises.

Edited by DreamBliss

But if you don't watch the clock you won't know it's 5 PM and time to go home. Your dog would know you are late.

• Like 2

Funny you should mention it...

My current dog is not very bright but a few dogs back we had an unusually bright Fiest. She learned tell time with a digital clock -- would watch it click 6:00 and would then ask for dinner. Daylight-Saving took her a few days to adjust to, and she never figured on "hands" on an analog clock but maybe that was because she didn't have any...

• Like 2

Question: Why would one expect a guru should see all his unwelcome visitors.....??? Don't you think that a guru should have some personal privacy....???

• Like 1

If it were not for time then a dolphin sending out a sonar signal (aka echolocation) could not sense distances and or objects using such methods. That is only one example out of tens of thousands for various life forms...

Well I am no biologist. My guess is that a dolphin is not using time, but some sense of how long something takes.

Hard to explain, not up to the task. Essentially a dolphin, like a dog waiting for its owner, is not watching any clock with numbers on it. A dolphin does not think like a human, that "I sent out the signal at 4:00 PM and it bounced back at 4:05." Nor does a dolphin think, "it has been 5 minutes." There must be some way of evaluating how long, but the dolphin has no sense of time passing.

But like I said, I am no biologist. I will not continue to belabor this. If what seems to me to be Truth really is true, you will know it when you are ready for it. If it is not truth and I discover that, I will release it and let it go. All I can say is that it feels right to me, to say that time does not exist.

Edited by DreamBliss

Question: Why would one expect a guru should see all his unwelcome visitors.....??? Don't you think that a guru should have some personal privacy....???

A guru would understand that many are hungry and seeking nourishment. But there are few in the world offering spiritually nutritious meals.

I can not speak to any other's experience. I can only say that I have determined that if I have anything worthwhile to teach, and anyone was seeking those teachings, that I would embrace them, were they to come to me. I would not kick anyone out.

But this statement is made by one who is not enlightened and knows no better. Someone just going on what feels right. "Do unto others..."

Edited by DreamBliss
  • Like 1

First, there is a mountain,

Then there is no mountain...

;)

A guru would understand that many are hungry and seeking nourishment. But there are few in the world offering spiritually nutritious meals.

However, he is not obligated to feed them. The thing that is how can you convince him that you are spiritually hungry....!!!

Edited by ChiDragon

Dreambliss, hey buddy. Respect for bringing sincerity and honesty here.

In my experience, we are enlightened 100% all the time. It's like one of those salt lamps that you're supposed to leave on all the time.

And then we drape a bunch of random stuff ON TOP OF THE LAMP, like Cindy Crawford centerfolds, the newest Batman trilogy, Liam Neeson gets draped on there, the Nissan GT-R "NISMO" edition, credit ratings, the karma from your Whole Foods Market peanut butter puffins, which secretly has GMO canola oil in it, stale air from being inside all day, EMF waves, random aggression from dudes like me blasting Skrillex as they roar past your block IN their Nissan GT-R (full disclosure), and finally, SPIRITUAL BOOKS WHICH MAKE YOU THINK ABOUT ENLIGHTENMENT INSTEAD OF EXPERIENCING IT

I think that spiritual books could be the most dangerous thing ever. Really. If I had focused on becoming insanely good at playing music, for example, instead of reading taoist and zen and occult and metaphysical books from 13, I would have a huge family of people and I could be touring and offering value, and I wouldn't bother with all this crap, and it would be a good life.

Tyler Durden: "You have to give up. You have to realize that someday you will die. Until you know that, you are useless."

Meaning.............understand that your mind state will be totally different 15 minutes from now. Trying to figure it out is just chasing your own tail. Just give up.

<3

• Like 2

However, he is not obligated to feed them. The thing that is how can you convince him that you are hungry....!!!

I would have thought that figuring out where they guy (or gal) was, looking for him (or her) and then traveling all the way there would have been enough.

Edited by DreamBliss

First, there is a mountain,

Then there is no mountain...

;)

...And the dream of the mountain...

• Like 2

I would have thought that figuring out where they guy (or gal) was, looking for him (or her) and then traveling all the way there would have been enough.

Sorry, that was obvious not enough to a guru.