JohnC

SM - Importance of Tree gong

I moved from an area I had been in for years. Now, more than 10 years later, people still tell me that when they drive by they can feel the energetic transformation there. Some see it as a large glowing field.

Plants grow faster and larger. Huge crops were harvested. Animals thrive and it attracts wild animals. Every single year a large panther would stop off at my place on his travels. He would rest for several days there. He would always leave me 1/2 of a deer right outside my house when he left.

These practices not only transform a person's energy body but also transform their surroundings.

edit: typo

Fascinating, this makes me interested to see the long term results in the wooded area I practice in near my apartment. :)

It's near a location that is a bit ghetto, and people often leave their trash lying around. I'm getting into the habit of bringing a garbage bag and gloves with me to pick stuff up whenever I got out to practice.

• Like 6

Fascinating, this makes me interested to see the long term results in the wooded area I practice in near my apartment. :)

It's near a location that is a bit ghetto, and people often leave their trash lying around. I'm getting into the habit of bringing a garbage bag and gloves with me to pick stuff up whenever I got out to practice.

I love this... it's something I've been doing every time I walk in a park for the last 20 years or so. Started when I moved to NYC and would be growling at all the garbage, so I just got into the habit of bringing or finding a bag and filling it up as I walk, then drop it in a can and grab another one... once a woman saw me doing this and exclaimed "Good for You!" and without missing a beat I replied..."nope, good for everyone".

• Like 2

I love tree work.

There are some very solid practical applications and descriptions of tree work in Mantak Chia's book : Chi Nei Tsang

Qigong Empowerment. Page 223 - 225, probably different method as done in SM in my opinion ... :)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

The first time I learned to work with a tree was at Michael Lomax's seminar in Branson Mo, about 6 or so years ago. It was powerful, I didn't know what was going on, but he stopped me at some point and said that was enough. (something to the effect of being absorbed into the tree??)

However, one of the seminar attendees told me that it looked as if I was really in love with the tree. It felt great. I work with trees quite often now, and there is a very balancing feel to working with them.

• Like 2

Trees, and plants in general, are such a great embodiment of Tao. They just make it all work so perfectly. In fact, if somebody wanted to have a glimpse of enlightenment, you can do so using a tree as your guide. Taking from the sun, rooted in the earth, thriving in total balance. Giving in so many ways with an agenda so Devine it takes lifetimes to comprehend.

I make it a habit to work with/for plants as often as I can. I hope to find special characters to share a regular connection with.... Wait.. oh god this is sounding like a Craigslist ad.

• Like 3

From what I sensed in my working with trees is that they are engaged in Qi and Nei Gong continuously, they are not just waving in the wind...

And as far as I can tell, they welcome the work when anyone takes the care and focus to join in.

• Like 2

A tree in my back yard that I had been training on and off for many years now recently was injured. A very large branch that was attached to its main body felt off the tree. It was quite saddening. The tree had began as a stick and had been growing so large that I guess It couldn't support the weight of the branch.

I noticed that when I got close to the tree that I felt the aura pushing me away and a non-welcoming presence. I guess when the tree broke, its energy body was likely ruptured and it's not the best time for practice while its healing and recovering from the trauma. In the last session before it broke I was actually "directed" or pulled to another tree for continuing practice, so I'm the only one that didn't know what was gonna happen. Anyways, although sad I thought it might be of value to share this experience. Peace.

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 3

When you interact with trees, OldChi, are you doing so in a healing fashion? I'm assuming so -- if so, revisit that treat with a very gentle and healing intent as you might someone in great pain. Sometimes with people it is uncomfortable or even painful to receive "a full dose" and I would imagine the same holds true for trees.

• Like 4

When you interact with trees, OldChi, are you doing so in a healing fashion? I'm assuming so -- if so, revisit that treat with a very gentle and healing intent as you might someone in great pain. Sometimes with people it is uncomfortable or even painful to receive "a full dose" and I would imagine the same holds true for trees.

Hey, thanks Brian. I'll give it a try.

I was practicing with another tree in my backyard recently. Then i got pulled over to the other tree that had been injured. I greeted it and didn't notice any resistance this time. I hadn't planned on doing any healing work on the tree that day....but i just let my body be moved. I noticed i started doing healing movements much like when i am working on a person and i just rolled with it allowed the energy to show me where to go.

It was an interesting experience. Approached it again today and it still seemed a bit fragile but better. Took one of its broken branches and planted it. Started working with another tree in my front yard. Its funny, when i first greeted him it was like "Who?, What?, Huh?"....but at soon as i started practicing it was like "awesome lets practice!!" Thought that was funny. Anyways that's my field report. Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

I was practicing with another tree in my backyard recently. Then i got pulled over to the other tree that had been injured. I greeted it and didn't notice any resistance this time. I hadn't planned on doing any healing work on the tree that day....but i just let my body be moved. I noticed i started doing healing movements much like when i am working on a person and i just rolled with it allowed the energy to show me where to go.

It was an interesting experience. Approached it again today and it still seemed a bit fragile but better. Took one of its broken branches and planted it. Started working with another tree in my front yard. Its funny, when i first greeted him it was like "Who?, What?, Huh?"....but at soon as i started practicing it was like "awesome lets practice!!" Thought that was funny. Anyways that's my field report. Peace

Good to help those who need help - Trees are not much different than humanity in this aspect. Approach TREE with respect and INTENT to help. Once connection is established set INTENT for healing then surround TREE with LIGHT and hold that while you do your tree neigong.

• Like 2

Good to help those who need help - Trees are not much different than humanity in this aspect. Approach TREE with respect and INTENT to help. Once connection is established set INTENT for healing then surround TREE with LIGHT and hold that while you do your tree neigong.

Hey Michael, thanks for the tips and feedback. :)

I noted that there's been mention on several occasions of being absorbed into trees during practice. Had some similar experiences and was wondering if any other S-M practitioners could give there 2 cents on this aspect of tree practice (experiences, advice...etc)?

I noted that there's been mention on several occasions of being absorbed into trees during practice. Had some similar experiences and was wondering if any other S-M practitioners could give there 2 cents on this aspect of tree practice (experiences, advice...etc)?

Hobbits may have had a different experience with Old Man Willow but for Tom Bombadil.

In A Light Warrior's Guide, there is section on trees.

In A Light Warrior's Guide, there is section on trees.

Hey Brian, thanks for reminding me. Went back to that section and picked up some useful info. 

There's a couple trees both near work and home that I practice with. It makes a huge difference in practice, doing GoT inside almost doesn't feel complete now by comparison.

In terms of being absorbed into trees, I've had several moments where my awareness shifted into the upper branches and leaves, and then down into the roots. I could feel the ground, connections to other trees via the root system, pockets of water, etc.

• Like 2

I've read in other systems (longmen pai) that tree gong helps you release past life karma...

Let's start with the first truth (not in Buddhist sense but it's also Buddhist anyway):

1. Everything is in the mind. Reality in general and your reality (your life events) in particular is a projection of the combined mind of all beings and your own mind. Trees are a manfestation of wood energy, so is your liver. You have a huge tree inside expressed by the liver internally and by the trees externally.

2. Your karma is carved in your liver your goal is to remove each of those carvings, once you complete this goal, you'll access the center and attain enligthenment (as seen in the cross-sectional view of a tree trunk.) Older 'souls' have 'larger' livers, they have journeyed in Samsara a lot more and are closer to the Source. The journeying to the center is also reflected in the center of galaxies.

This is how we all travel, internally towards the Source. Every single sentient being from hellish to peerless devas, animals and humans in between is a state of constant motion, up and down the karmic scale.

In Taoism and Classical Chinese Medical Theory the three major organs that are responsible of optimal health are the kidneys (the root, the foundation of life and your lifespan), the liver (the general) and the lungs (the armour, the minister of defence, which is heavily dependent on a healthy spleen). Tree practice is of the outmost importance but so is practice near flowing water (kidney) and large rock boulders and mountains (spleen and the minerals they create/metal, lung).

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 4

.In Taoism and Classical Chinese Medical Theory the three major organs that are responsible of optimal health are the kidneys (the root, the foundation of life and your lifespan), the liver (the general) and the lungs (the armour, the minister of defence, which is heavily dependent on a healthy spleen). Tree practice is of the outmost importance but so is practice near flowing water (kidney) and large rock boulders and mountains (spleen and the minerals they create/metal, lung).

I try to get as much practice time in by flowing water as I can. :) It's especially important for me due to my Water deficiency. Practicing next to Lake Michigan whenever possible works wonders as well.

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 1

Yes very good. Try, if you possibly can, to relocate (as in living permanently) to that water source in order to extend your lifespan and live a healthy life or your liver will 'destroy' you. In the absence of that water the toll on the kidney is tremendous if your kidney element is in the low end of the scale according to the 5E Astrology Chart. This chart is basically your destiny. Go against and you'll die young unless you are fortunate enough reach enlightenment, which in that case who cares about the '

' (body). It becomes a hindrance. Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

When I was a teenager I had not access to informations about spiritual traditions. I was learning floklore and mythology, and was striked by the importance of trees. So I started to "practice" out of that constatation. I would spend hours and hours, as often as I could, alone in the country, walking near the banks of the local river, making offering to the fairies, and asking for guidance. And I would focus on trees.

I was thinking in term of analogy: my spine is like the tree's trunk. Fo years I would try to feel like a tree among the trees. A spine like a trunk, head as branches, feet as roots. That's how it started for me, I consider that trees were my first teachers.

I noticed that some kind of tree was much more interested in what in what I was doing. Latter I started having dreams about ancient teachers, an anonymous crowd of greek philosophers, telling me that they were working in the tradition I was looking for. This gradually changed my ways. But eventually I learned that that the goddesses linked with that kind of tree (that was much more interested in what I was doing) were in fact very important in that tradition.

Only more than 15 years after, I learned about the existence of  tree gong, something like a week before the start of this thread.

Now feeling the surrounding trees is so natural that I do it almost automatically.

• Like 3

Indeed, in many shamanic cosmologies trees act as the axis-mundi of the universe. In Norse mythology human beings are actually born out of a tree at the time of creation. When you see such a commonality throughout so many traditions it definitely means something....where there's smoke there's fire. 

Edited by OldChi

Not sure if this is tree gong at all but i feel like sharing it, chide as you see fit :)

I've had multiple experiences where i felt like i was a tree, i could feel the roots in the earth guiding up nourishment, sunlight revitalizing my breathing through the leaves, a gentle nudge of a wind moving a branch or swaying my trunk. The world moved so fast it seemed like slow motion, small details a mere flicker in a peaceful landscape. Not a visual landscape, a landscape of sensation if that makes any sense. Like a parallel existance, something going on somewhere else but with me inside it.

Pretty amazing and it just came along spontaneously, very absorbing almost overwhelming. Hasn't happened in some five years, i'll get a flicker of it as a reminder but not the whole nine yards.

Also i'm not sure wether it's good or bad from an energy standpoint, it's pretty close to a dissociative episode or hallucination, not that interested in the changed mind state, rather an encompassing and expansive state of clarity.

Edited by Rocky Lionmouth
  • Like 1

Not sure if this is tree gong at all but i feel like sharing it, chide as you see fit :)

I've had multiple experiences where i felt like i was a tree,....

awesome, I love it :-)

So long as it doen't happen at the wrong moment, like when you're driving.

It's very similar to my experiences with tree meditation/communication. The rooting and the internal flow are the two larger aspects of my connections with trees. Plus, that shift to a different time plane, yes.

One thing (which might not come over too well here, so I apologise in advance) that never occurs to me is any form of anthromoporphism, quite the opposite in fact. Where some meditators will "feel the tree's pain" when a limb breaks, the message I consistently get from trees is more akin to, "don't be a pussy", and, "limbs grow back", and, "what counts is what's below the surface", and "time is cyclical". (I'm fully aware that this could be my own form of anthromoporphism, but these things come to me when I'm empty, and they're counter-intuitive. What's the term for trees projecting their traits onto humans? lol)

I've also felt other trees caring for the trunks of stumps of their neighbors that had been felled. They do it though the roots.

• Like 1