Ya Mu

Get a Haircut & Get a Real Job - OK! Will Do!

To get back on topic:

Glad to see that you see this. I am a bit surprised that out of 2 pages you are the only one commenting about the energetics, which is, of course, the reason I posted this. Enthusiasm is one thing, energy manipulation is another.

Oh that's embarrassing. I don't think I even looked at the OP. I'm sorry, the title just made it sound like a lighthearted topic and the first replies reinforced the impression. oops. it happens. .. Will check in again later

• Like 1

To get back on topic:

Glad to see that you see this. I am a bit surprised that out of 2 pages you are the only one commenting about the energetics, which is, of course, the reason I posted this. Enthusiasm is one thing, energy manipulation is another.

Are you offering shaves and haircuts too now then buddy?

• Like 2

... Enthusiasm is one thing, energy manipulation is another.

As in "enthusiastic barber" versus "barber doing energy manipulation". Not all Indian barbers do energy manipulation whereas perhaps all Indian barbers are enthusiastic.

• Like 2

Try watching again but this time get in your qi state, think of nothing, and put your focus halfway between you and the screen.

Wish I could see if he was actually doing some kind of energy manipulation. ...

• Like 4

That is a most righteous shave. If this whole "corporate slave" thing doesn't work out for me, maybe I'll try my hand at barbering.

• Like 1

OMG! How did I miss this video?

Not only is he clearing the customer's energy-body but he is projecting and he is pulling "sick chi" -- and he is even using some key energy points.

Wonder whether he was taught this or discovered it on his own?

• Like 2

I saw what he is doing and thought to myself -- only in Inida ( well , at least in this way ).

If you watch this video he explains a bit about his work and background , it is interesting .

Yoga and /or tantra in many shapes and forms is still very present in India , and many family lines preserve it , also mostly everyone learns to meditate at some point . (This does not of course implies that everyone is spiritual or something , just stuff is more accesible and not considered so unusual )

• Like 4

At least the haircut part...but only if this guy is the barber!

Ok, that is beautiful. He's clearing 'junk', cleansing, recharging, awesome. He's working tantric/shamanic/ayurveda. He's taking in through his breath, powerful and risky medicine, he's got to work on himself a lot. I got a huge jolt watching it, wow! And then this scene from The Green Mile popped onto my inner cinema screen, an emotional illustration of what our beautiful barber is doing:

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

At least the haircut part...but only if this guy is the barber!

http://youtu.be/fEZjcro5j6Q

It's the multiple camera angles and staged performance to pre-located cameras that gave this away.

It's one of the entries submitted for last year's Indian TV Comedy clip awards.

http://www.indiantelevision.org.in/headlines/y2k13/sep/sep25.php

• Like 1

It's the multiple camera angles and staged performance to pre-located cameras that gave this away. It's one of the entries submitted for last year's Indian TV Comedy clip awards.

I for one understood the multi camera angles and all that, but also clicked the channel at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenomadbarber

It's a series of clips showing barbers from around the world.

You're saying it's just a spoof?

• Like 1

It was entered in that comedy clip contest.

Not sure what won.

It is an obviously staged performance ( 'to' the camera angles) but who's to say if it was deliberately made as a comedy sketch of simply submitted as a funny video in hopes of winning a prize?

All media is made, and sometimes linked to; for a purpose.

Advertising for one such.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

It is an obviously staged performance ( 'to' the camera angles) but who's to say if it was deliberately made as a comedy sketch of simply submitted as a funny video in hopes of winning a prize?

ah ok, I see what you mean now.

It was clear to me from the first minute that it was a professional video clip, done in multiple takes, but I'd bet your left nut that he's genuinely energy-working.

If that makes some people laugh, well, laughter is the best medicine (and it's better than throwing rocks) :D

• Like 2

Well, in defense of the concept of energy work;

I watch a lot of documentaries regarding almost all aspects of "real" life, no aliens or bigfeet, and some of them pertain to human cultures of the past and present.

There are many cultures that have and still do practice the Shamanistic 'religions' and these practices almost always include some form of energy work.

Yes, the video was staged. Yes, there are many who still participate in energy work.

But really, wouldn't it be great to go to a barber, get a haircut and a shave, a massage and energy work? If I knew of one who does such in my area I would visit him or her occasionally.

• Like 4

He actually is a barber and has been doing this work over the years.

Look on youtube, other tourists have visited him and had the cosmic massage.

• Like 4

I saw what he is doing and thought to myself -- only in Inida ( well , at least in this way ).

If you watch this video he explains a bit about his work and background , it is interesting .

Yoga and /or tantra in many shapes and forms is still very present in India , and many family lines preserve it , also mostly everyone learns to meditate at some point . (This does not of course implies that everyone is spiritual or something , just stuff is more accesible and not considered so unusual )

A talented man he is, for sure.

Ok, that is beautiful. He's clearing 'junk', cleansing, recharging, awesome. He's working tantric/shamanic/ayurveda. He's taking in through his breath, powerful and risky medicine, he's got to work on himself a lot. I got a huge jolt watching it, wow! And then this scene from The Green Mile popped onto my inner cinema screen, an emotional illustration of what our beautiful barber is doing:

I for one understood the multi camera angles and all that, but also clicked the channel at youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/thenomadbarber

It's a series of clips showing barbers from around the world.

You're saying it's just a spoof?

ah ok, I see what you mean now.

It was clear to me from the first minute that it was a professional video clip, done in multiple takes, but I'd bet your left nut that he's genuinely energy-working.

If that makes some people laugh, well, laughter is the best medicine (and it's better than throwing rocks) :D

Basically only folks who are actual qigong (or other equivalent energy practices) practitioners, or who are natural talents, can see what is really happening. Most everyone else is going to naturally assume to think it is comedy or staged. Absolutely he is doing serious energetics - several here, like you, JohnC, Suninmyeyes, Brian, & others, can see the energetics. And it is quite powerful.

Also, as you say, laughter is good medicine (although some insist on old caveman habits of throwing sticks), so it doesn't matter if people can see it or not. One of my points in posting this was to show the hidden use of energetics; in this case hidden inside :"comedy" "enthusiastic". There are actually many hidden practitioners out there. One can implement energetics inside of whatever it is that they do whether it be surgery, counseling, speaking, rock n roll musicians (we have all these type practitioners in our medical qigong) or barbering.

But really, wouldn't it be great to go to a barber, get a haircut and a shave, a massage and energy work? If I knew of one who does such in my area I would visit him or her occasionally.

You Bet! Me too!

• Like 7

If that makes some people laugh, well, laughter is the best medicine (and it's better than throwing rocks.) :D

I'm genuinely speechless.

For quite possibly the very first time in my entire life.

;)

:)

XXX

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 3

I'm genuinely speechless.

For quite possibly the very first time in my entire life.

;)

xxx.

Ha I was quoting myself. Was practicing with a small group in a park once and one of the others said there were people on a bridge above us, imitating us and laughing at us. I said something along the lines that if they're enjoying themselves, then our qigong is working for them, too :-)

• Like 2

Try watching again but this time get in your qi state, think of nothing, and put your focus halfway between you and the screen.

Would you say that the energies respectifely their image are imprinted via the camera onto the video? Or are those that are able to "see" directly tuning in into these very energies in a non linear manner?

I suppose the latter, but unfortunatly I am not there yet to figure it out myself...

• Like 1

Would you say that the energies respectifely their image are imprinted via the camera onto the video? Or are those that are able to "see" directly tuning in into these very energies in a non linear manner?

I suppose the latter, but unfortunatly I am not there yet to figure it out myself...

Both.

I never attempt to break anything down and rather look at the whole. An example of film catching energy: I was driving on Navajo land and all of a sudden heard a spirit calling, looked over and there the spirit was, hovering over this large rock formation. I stopped the vehicle and went outside to commune as I recognized this to be a sacred area and place of power. I did so. While I was doing that my wife got out and took some pictures. When we later got home and developed them sure enough, there was the spirit.

• Like 4