Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Are you a mature and responsible adult?

What do you do for work by yourself then Rara?

Variety. Performing and guitar teaching and I also act. I get quite a bit of stuff but also do freelance marketing and promotion to help make ends meet.

The beauty in it is that I can say "no" if I don't want to do a job and focus on other things.

The motto being "if it aint worth my time, I aint doing it". That is the right attitude to have...but it is frowned upon in the corporate world of "real jobs"

• Like 2

Cool, giving guitar lessons is a good way to make some extra $$$ - I've done it before, I'll do it again.

I agree that's the right attitude to have. I've learnt to care more about money (and treat it with more respect) than I used to and lo and behold, I'm getting more of it now.

Fuck "real jobs".

• Like 2

Cool, giving guitar lessons is a good way to make some extra $$$ - I've done it before, I'll do it again.

I agree that's the right attitude to have. I've learnt to care more about money (and treat it with more respect) than I used to and lo and behold, I'm getting more of it now.

Fuck "real jobs".

Great! I think it is wonderful that there are many who can support themselves doing what is pleasant for them as opposed to doing something they totally dislike.

I retired early because I no longer liked working for anyone except myself.

• Like 3

Yes, I'm not fond of the monetary system, but when I was a left-wing, freeman, protester, angry, shouty anus...complaining about it and fighting against it hardly made a dent in the universe.

We have to work with the tools at hand. I'm happy with having currency, I don't care if it's money or swapping things. It's just the knowledge that it doesn't rule my happiness that counts.

• Like 4

So me and my friends were talking and they don't think I am a mature and responsible adult. They did not say it in a condescending way but more of a your you way. I at first wanted to be mature then I thought why, I am happy the way I am. So would people say that your not mature and responsible? not in a bill or chore way but more in the way you act?

Thanks

I think most folks who know me would consider me a mature and responsible adult.

If they knew me better, that could change…

• Like 1

Great! I think it is wonderful that there are many who can support themselves doing what is pleasant for them as opposed to doing something they totally dislike.

I retired early because I no longer liked working for anyone except myself.

Any job has its downside though. Well, if you chose to call it a downside.

Perspective is everything :) Enjoying stuff is a choice.

Every now and then, I need to sit behind a computer to try and get more business. It's not my favourite thing to do. I make it my favourite thing. The present moment is all that counts, so why not always enjoy it? :)

Edited by Rara
  • Like 3

Any job has its downside though. Well, if you chose to call it a downside.

Perspective is everything :) Enjoying stuff is a choice.

Every now and then, I need to sit behind a computer to try and get more business. It's not my favourite thing to do. I make it my favourite thing. The present moment is all that counts, so why not always enjoy it? :)

Just wanted to emphasize this point^^^

• Like 1

Yes, I'm not fond of the monetary system, but when I was a left-wing, freeman, protester, angry, shouty anus...complaining about it and fighting against it hardly made a dent in the universe.

We have to work with the tools at hand. I'm happy with having currency, I don't care if it's money or swapping things. It's just the knowledge that it doesn't rule my happiness that counts.

I've been there too (your first sentence) and I think you're right - No one who embraces the system wants angry shouty anuses complaining about it and fighting against it. It just pisses them off. To just step back from it and do your own thing is the best approach I think - this can still be difficult (from an energetic point of view) but on a long-term scale this approach is probably more likely to change things.

• Like 3

It's hard to be like that. To be correct.

If they knew me better, that could change…

Hehehe. Same here. Few people see me when I let my child out to play.

This is a difficult question as few indeed are those wise enough to judge themselves.

When it comes to judging the maturity and responsible nature of others then it is only possible to do so by using ourselves as a measure.

This is indeed dangerous territory.

• Like 1

This is a difficult question as few indeed are those wise enough to judge themselves.

When it comes to judging the maturity and responsible nature of others then it is only possible to do so by using ourselves as a measure.

Hence my earlier statement... ;)

Yeah, I'm going to repeat his post too.

I still have problems with that second sentence because I can see the world through my eyes only.

Yes we all see the world through our own eyes and the second sentence is problematic.

Its all very difficult and its probably best to be as kind to ourselves as it is to be kind to others with our judgements.

Edited by Chang
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this