DalTheJigsaw123

Thoughts on Ukraine / Russia Debacle?!

Oh and by the way, in the video I posted above, at 1:17 through 1:27, that building to the right of the church -- that's the school I graduated from.

They did a good job, clearly!

Thank you for your usual high-quality insights :-)

That first video makes me feel uncomfortable.

Re the idea that western Europe doesn't have the backbone to stand up to Putin (and all the varieties on the theme), it has to do with not having bombs eventually dropped on our cities and villages.

• Like 3

Thanks Taomeow, it's good to have more information to balance out the western news media's spoon-feeding. It's not so pretty when you lift the stone and take a close look.

The hypocritical rhetoric of the last few days has been embarrassing to say the least. Way beyond the ususal political bullshit barometer. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

In the news on Comcast this morning:

... Russia's upper house of parliament endorsed the annexation of Crimea from Ukraine.

Hardly an annexation by any standards, historic or modern.

Exactly. We have a direct parallel with the Falkland Islands. A population which are of British origin who want to remain with us. Argentina sees it as an annexation and demands the return of "its" territory, just because some conquistador once left his flag on it. Same thing. The Crimean population is not Ukranian, why should they be forced to be part of it?

• Like 1

without a single shot fired --

I was with your analogy right up to that *point ;-)

Also, the loose way they use terms like 'annexation' reveals much about the western press, none of it good.

*it's just too far-fetched. No shots fired? No way

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

The Crimean population is not Ukranian, why should they be forced to be part of it?

far as my great gramps was concerned, he was from kyiv russia. ukraine was some fabrication he didnt identify with. but maybe that was his 1898ish birthdate.

• Like 2

IMO, I believe this is just the beginning of strategic chess moves by Putin.
Just the beginning to test the waters and see how much he can get way with.

I believe most of this stuff is scripted, according to a long term plan.

I have seen some books from many years ago that charted this whole course with Russia Ukraine Crminea.

Coincidence? Script?
Or something else?

qbohaQ0.jpg

3omzbjw.jpg

Another book:

PtPgvkf.jpg

I like to believe it will all blow over, as the next mess pops up- and this one fades away.

I'm not so sure though

• Like 1

No, no, that's not what I meant, TM. It was a glib joke meaning that the scenario you described in the US would most certainly end with gunshots, as opposed to the Ukraine.

• Like 1

Curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

While I have to disagree based on the info I've been looking at from multiple angles and sources, I can't deny that the appointment of the new Prosecutor General of Crimea, Natalia Poklonskaya, looks like a crafty move... The video of her first public speech in this capacity a couple of days ago immediately went viral in Japan even thought there were no Japanese subtitles, and a fan club formed overnight and started creating anime art starring this government official...

of course they get that sex sells. how old is this girl, she looks like she's freakin 20.