Sign in to follow this  
ChiDragon

Is the TTB exhausted yet....?

To be honest, I have for the most part forgotten that this is a forum for Taoists.

Is it ? I don't know, my horse get lost...

Who is a master?

Who decides?

Silk pajamas.

Wrong!

Deciding is:

Having had a chinese master as a westerner who allegedly passed the lineage on to you, the outdoor student (every westerner is an outdoor student), as "new lineague successor", to continue the lineague in the USA!

Yeah, right!!! :lol: In reality the real lineague with the real lineague successor (who got the real high level teaching and not only an abridged western outdoor student version!) will only continue in China as it always did!

Edited by Dorian Black

It seems to me our lines got crossed in that last post.

Having another mother tongue, I'm not familiar with the meaning of that phrase.

What do you want to say?

Edited by Dorian Black

I have no idea what I wanted to say. Lines are drawn and then the tides wash them away. That happens with love letters written in the sand too.

Lines are limiters. Don't cross over my line!

How did you get another mother's tongue?

Tongues have been removed for telling someone something they didn't want to hear.

And I will suggest that if you can figure out what I am talking about here you will have done better than I have.

Who is a master?

Who decides?

What defines a Grand Master over a master?

These all seem like unanswerable questions to me.

Yet distinctions can readily be made, between those with mastery and those without...

so... again, who says who is a master of what?

You can only ever be a master of you , (and everyone has some mastery in that regard).

Even the granddaddyest Grand master has only that.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 2

Are we at the peak now.....???

After all these years, are we out of things to say....???

From water to wood to fire to earth to metal to water ... maybe we're in (on?) fire right now, but you can't stop the changes :)

• Like 1

The colour denotes the level of mastery.

I believe it is the ability. The Chinese are color blinded when it comes to one's ability. The silky thing is only showing the level of the wealth mastery.

• Like 1

Regretfully, we must remember that the Tao is all inclusive. It includes the good, the bad, and yes, the ugly.

why regretfully?

I will quit posting, only, when I become a Chi Kung master.

why would you do that?

why regretfully?

Well, I don't normally hold "bad" and "ugly" in high regard.

And no, I'm not talking about pysical ugliness necessarily.

"uncle fred" may not approve of your attitude mh,, always look beyond the surface to the real.

it takes all kinds.

why would you do that?

Normally, it is customary that the masters have their own websites. Besides, they are too dignified to be here given their secrets away.

• Like 1

Normally, it is customary that the masters have their own websites. Besides, they are too dignified to be here given their secrets away.

well sell the secrets like everyone else does lol

i know when someone tries to give away sth really good here, everyone snubs it becoz if it was free it couldnt be real , right? hahaha

• Like 3

Yeah, but those aren't masters.

Edited by ChiDragon

Wrong!

Deciding is:

Having had a chinese master as a westerner who allegedly passed the lineage on to you, the outdoor student (every westerner is an outdoor student), as "new lineague successor", to continue the lineague in the USA!

Yeah, right!!! :lol: In reality the real lineague with the real lineague successor (who got the real high level teaching and not only an abridged western outdoor student version!) will only continue in China as it always did!

So true. Only Asian people that other Asian people give silk pajamas to inside of doors, are masters who belong to the lineague of shadows.

• Like 1

i know when someone tries to give away sth really good here, everyone snubs it becoz if it was free it couldnt be real , right? hahaha

shhhhhhhhhhhh.......

• Like 2

Yeah, but those aren't masters.

You want your purveyors of Truth

To look and act special.

You want them different

And special

And powerful.

You prefer to imagine them

Cloaked in light

Rather than sitting on the toilet.

You like them passionless, sexless,

Mellow, gentle and kind.

You like the idea of miracles

And will invent them when necessary.

Your strategy is to keep them

Out there

Far away from you

Exotic and mysterious.

You revel in the myth

Of the Enlightened individual

Hoping to someday be so empowered.

What you can’t tolerate

Is for them to appear

As ordinary as you.

Ram Tzu knows this…

You always miss the Truth

Because it is just too plain to see.

Wayne Liquorman

• Like 7

So true. Only Asian people that other Asian people give silk pajamas to inside of doors, are masters who belong to the lineague of shadows.

Sounds like an unimaginative parroting 12 year old tries to troll me!

Good luck with that. :rolleyes:

I hope it's not exhausted as I only found this place five months ago. Can't give it that much time as I have a young family but do have interesting (to me) topics / questions that I want to put in here just need to formulate them right as they are big questions.

Let it be natural though, whatever happens...

• Like 3

Sounds like an unimaginative parroting 12 year old tries to troll me!

You're calling me a 12 year old, and you don't even know how to spell lineage? :lol:

Anyway...I didn't mean it as if we're personally enemies or I'm trolling you or anything. I just laugh at the ancient Chinese secret nonsense. If we were discussing someone who is worthy of respect, or whose teachings are worthy of respect, who happens to be called a grandmaster and is Chinese, then it's another story. They get my respect, because they're worthy of respect. A title, silk pajamas, and being told you're a grandmaster by someone who was called a grandmaster before...these things are outer trappings and can be almost entirely meaningless.

Anyway, as I understand it, this thread is just a laid back reflection on the forum, so I was really just cracking jokes with friends...and didn't mean to make you think I dislike you and think little of your opinions or something.

• Like 2

I just laugh at the ancient Chinese secret nonsense.

I strongly suspect that the anti-westerner phenomenon (which seems present in every chinese chi school I ever heard of) came into existence through the humiliation of China through western countries during the boxer rebellion and the following domination period through those countries.

If we were discussing someone who is worthy of respect, or whose teachings are worthy of respect, who happens to be called a grandmaster and is Chinese, then it's another story. They get my respect, because they're worthy of respect. A title, silk pajamas, and being told you're a grandmaster by someone who was called a grandmaster before...these things are outer trappings and can be almost entirely meaningless.

I agree.

Anyway, as I understand it, this thread is just a laid back reflection on the forum, so I was really just cracking jokes with friends...and didn't mean to make you think I dislike you and think little of your opinions or something.

No problem, dude.

Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 1

"uncle fred" may not approve of your attitude mh,, always look beyond the surface to the real.

it takes all kinds.

No, no. Read again what I said. Hehehe. (Don't bother.)

Yes, Observing only the surface is an error and more often than not one gains an inaccurate understanding of whatever.

• Like 1

... to be here giving their secrets away.

That always amazes me. The reason they are secrets is that in almost all cases there is no substance to them. Yes, hide your secrets in the closet. Don't let anyone see them until after they have paid a significant sum of money.

• Like 1

That is true with almost everything in America now. If you don't charge three times what it is really worth no one will want it.

• Like 4

That is true with almost everything in America now. If you don't charge three times what it is really worth no one will want it.

making note of that. thanks.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this