BaguaKicksAss

If you had superpowers what would you do differently?

JC was just my example, as many members of the forum seem to quite like him ;). (personally I'm more impressed with his teacher and his teacher's teacher.... if they actually exist as written; I'm always quite skeptical).

Pretty neat that they can make stuff happen over there. It makes me wonder why folks here generally can't? Are there less dabblers and more people who practice a good deal of time everyday over there or something?

Money seems like #1 when you are low on food or worried about rent... but really health and healing is far far more important. Though folks in their 20's likely wouldn't know this yet ;).

Money is at the top of the list because greed has no basement!

Most folks are quite ok with money over there since we don't have any social security assistance at all, so either work or depend on handouts from friends and relatives, so most people opt to work rather than leeching off others, but no one complains about abundance of material stuff.... the more the better :D so they seek out these mystics for some good fortune.

I dont think people there practice a lot. The key difference i think is that the Easterners have a completely different mindset. They are generally more open to matters which exist outside of logical thinking modalities. They tend not to analyse as much as their Western brothers and sisters.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

Money is at the top of the list because greed has no basement!

Most folks are quite ok with money over there since we don't have any social security assistance at all, so either work or depend on handouts from friends and relatives, so most people opt to work rather than leeching off others, but no one complains about abundance of material stuff.... the more the better :D so they seek out these mystics for some good fortune.

I dont think people there practice a lot. The key difference i think is that the Easterners have a completely different mindset. They are generally more open to matters which exist outside of logical thinking modalities. They tend not to analyse as much as their Western brothers and sisters.

It is really odd here in North America. Everyone who does practice various supernatural things and magic hides it. This is especially in the USA. You have to always keep your affiliation with it hidden, and when you practice keep it hidden (many have lost their jobs when it was found out). I feel fortunate that I personally don't have to, but that is because I work for myself, or my employers have always not cared. Also as you said, folks here don't believe in it, for the most part.

It was really interesting when I was visiting Haiti, everyone over there believes AND it is socially acceptable! You will see people performing a spell right on the side of the street, a huge bonfire and ritual in the cemetery, with folks selling offering supplies there too, peristyles all over the place not hidden.... It was really nice to see this different atmosphere. Also it was nice to see that most didn't fear it. I have traveled to other countries as well, but there is a strong muslim influence, so while there is belief there is also unfortunately much fear. I know a couple of folks from Indonesia and the belief there is extremely strong as well, which is pretty neta. It would be interesting to visit Malaysia one day... but then again how you describe it sometimes, I'm not so sure lol.

There's a LOT of threads around here about superpowers, immortality, etc. etc., so there must be some awesome stuff everyone has planned with these superpowers we are all going to gain, right?

So what would you do differently than you do now? Have anything planned?

Just imagine you woke up on day with JC level powers. Or perhaps say you woke up, noticed that every single thought manifested. What would you do differently?

Well , if I had my every thought manifest immediatley -- it would be a very strange world to live in . So greatfully Nature protects like this .

If I had high level super powers I would probably die , go mad , maybe missuse the powers or get ill ( and than die ) . My container for super powers is not fully baked yet , it needs to still cool down a little .:)

One time years ago I practised A LOT , on and on and on . Some power came and certain abilities were born , but it was too intense and eventually I had to ask my than teacher for help . Luckily he is really skilled and helped me go back .

On another note:

What CT says -- it is true about people in Asia , they do a lot of this kind of stuff that JC shows in the video . I think it is matter of different priorities and way -- taste in life . Also this stuff is normal over there , here you may end up in mental institution or god knows what .

There are practicioners with power in Europe , I know of some people who can some crazy stuff and see through walls etc. ,have their teachers visitng them in astral body in their room while awake and recieve teachings and that being proved etc .But ground in Europe is not fertile for discussing it on larger scale -- even with fellow practicioners .

When I was in India I spoke to yogi called Pilot Baba and he does undeground samadhis and underwater samadhi and stays like this for some days . He definetly has powers ( that is all I can say -- cant judge his level on enlightement or whatever ). He said that he wanted to demonstrate his powers in Europe , but goverment DOES NOT allow it .

• Like 1

JC was just my example, as many members of the forum seem to quite like him ;). (personally I'm more impressed with his teacher and his teacher's teacher.... if they actually exist as written; I'm always quite skeptical).

The guy that murdered innocent men, women and children ?

Why in the world would anyone be impressed by such a person ?

Well , if I had my every thought manifest immediatley -- it would be a very strange world to live in . So greatfully Nature protects like this .

If I had high level super powers I would probably die , go mad , maybe missuse the powers or get ill ( and than die ) . My container for super powers is not fully baked yet , it needs to still cool down a little . :)

One time years ago I practised A LOT , on and on and on . Some power came and certain abilities were born , but it was too intense and eventually I had to ask my than teacher for help . Luckily he is really skilled and helped me go back .

On another note:

What CT says -- it is true about people in Asia , they do a lot of this kind of stuff that JC shows in the video . I think it is matter of different priorities and way -- taste in life . Also this stuff is normal over there , here you may end up in mental institution or god knows what .

There are practicioners with power in Europe , I know of some people who can some crazy stuff and see through walls etc. ,have their teachers visitng them in astral body in their room while awake and recieve teachings and that being proved etc .But ground in Europe is not fertile for discussing it on larger scale -- even with fellow practicioners .

When I was in India I spoke to yogi called Pilot Baba and he does undeground samadhis and underwater samadhi and stays like this for some days . He definetly has powers ( that is all I can say -- cant judge his level on enlightement or whatever ). He said that he wanted to demonstrate his powers in Europe , but goverment DOES NOT allow it .

It is too much responsibility to never have a greedy or bad thought ever. To on neutral thoughts 24x7, but it feels like a LOT of work, and feels like a bit too much sometimes. It doesn't sound as enjoyable as one might think, as you mentioned above. Also even for things one would love to get into that state and use it for... the universe would talk about how it is the person's karma and I can't fiddle with it. I'll just stick with "can pull off some neat stuff from time to time" and "awesome strong connection with my Deity" thanks :).

Edited by BaguaKicksAss
  • Like 1

The guy that murdered innocent men, women and children ?

Why in the world would anyone be impressed by such a person ?

I think I was getting folks mixed up, and rambling on while forgetting the full story... the guy who lived on the island is who I was thinking of... From what I recall the one who murdered all the people didn't have any superpowers that were talked about besides being able to blast an entire village. While that is a power I guess, it isn't one which is very useful in this day and age.

As an aside, I feel the probability of that story being true as told is not enough for me to take as fact.

As an aside, I feel the probability of that story being true as told is not enough for me to take as fact.

I would like to think so too, but there have been lots of evil characters since the dawn of time.

I would like to think so too, but there have been lots of evil characters since the dawn of time.

Oh I'm not doubting that someone would go unbalanced with rage at having their family killed and go on a killing spree (it took a lot of willpower to not go do in the person who murdered one of my family members).... I'm doubting the whole obliterating an entire village from a distance thing.

Just imagine you woke up on day with JC level powers. What would you do differently?

Get a job cleaning up after weddings.

670px-Clean-up-Confetti-Step-3.jpg

• Like 2

Just imagine you woke up on day with JC level powers. Or perhaps say you woke up, noticed that every single thought manifested. What would you do differently?

Teach caucasians ? :D

• Like 2

Oh I'm not doubting that someone would go unbalanced with rage at having their family killed and go on a killing spree (it took a lot of willpower to not go do in the person who murdered one of my family members).... I'm doubting the whole obliterating an entire village from a distance thing.

Yep ... same here ... I doubt it works.

Every morning I used to stand on the hill on the way to school and focus on the catholic school ... nah! It doesnt work.

• Like 1

I didn't think he actually obliterated the entire village, nuke style, just went through and used "energy blasts" to kill the people one by one. Which is still pretty unbelievable.

Personally, I'm rather skeptical of it as well. Remember, we're taking the authors word for it, and he's speaking to JC through a translator iirc. Things could easily get distorted and exaggerated that way.

force_lightning_by_aztecboy-d4c87v4.jpg

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 2

I would lurk on TaoBums all day and still get a nice paycheck.

Wait . . .

my-superpowerno42.png

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 2

Personally, I'm rather skeptical of it as well. Remember, we're taking the authors word for it, and he's speaking to JC through a translator iirc. Things could easily get distorted and exaggerated that way.

MJJ Becker made a statement a while (a long while) back on a thread here saying that he knew for a fact that not everything in the book was factual. He didn't specify, but that scene immediately came to mind.

• Like 1

Killing people with energy blasts?

Sheesh.

But its nice to see Count Dooku get some love.

I mean, with a name like that he needs it.

Incidentally, Christopher Lee was a believer in dark forces.

On edit: here we go, I'm lookin' at my Heroes box set right now.

Still haven't got round to watching it, I bought it a few months ago.

I only have three dvd boxes on the shelf.

Is Heroes any good?

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

I had that happen before when I was practicing 4 hours per day everyday :(. It took me a bit to realize (like a week). I was sooo not ready. It was too much responsibility to never have a greedy or bad thought ever. I changed my practice. I still work on neutral thoughts 24x7, but it feels like a LOT of work, and feels like a bit too much sometimes. It's not as enjoyable as one might think, as you mentioned above. Also even for things I would love to get into that state and use it for... the universe (my guides) always talk about how it is the person's karma and I can't fiddle with it :P *pout*. I'll just stick with "can pull off some neat stuff from time to time" and "awesome strong connection with my Deity" thanks :).

haha so you too know how the power can overpower :D . This is not childproof !

Yes detachment to the outcome is my practise too , it - is - a lot of work , but there is no turning back .

I feel it is an entry point into a completley different way of living , everything changes , turns upside down -- totally dfiferent

laws apply . What is right and wrong and fair and just and how the things should be acquiers a different -- much wider flexible dimension .

Incredible really .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

I wrote in my note book last night;

Remain unattached to outcomes.

The idea is that any situation can be turned to your advantage.

Often, it is simply a matter of adopting a different perspective.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

You didn't answer the question though? ;)

yeah that was the bait and switch and diversion thing lol

Actually, I always wanted to move to Peru, and open a free clinic for sick children. Healing them, for free.

My wife said I wouldn't like Peru though because I hate insects bothering me when I meditate- so I don't know now

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 1

I'd become lucid in the dream and wake up for real....

• Like 2

yeah that was the bait and switch and diversion thing lol

Actually, I always wanted to move to Peru, and open a free clinic for sick children. Healing them, for free.

My wife said I wouldn't like Peru though because I hate insects bothering me when I meditate- so I don't know now

One would hope that with your superpowers meditation skills in said situation (or real life for that matter after another 10 years of meditation), insects would barely bother you ;).

• Like 1