ralis

Evolution vs. Creationism. Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham.

And besides, the kangaroo must have evolved after the Great Flood because Noah didn't have any of them on the ark.

You would think we were exempt but no, we had our own flood down here, the kangaroos moved into the middle bit and the Bundjalung moved from above Arnhem Land down to where Nungali now lives ( so Uncle Link tells me ... one can accrue a few 'stories' after being around for 30,000 years )

Map-of-ice-age-Aust.jpg

Yes, I have heard some of your Aboriginal stories. At this point I must keep my mouth shut.

Edited by Marblehead

Yes, I have heard some of your Aboriginal stories. At his point I must keep my mouth shut.

? ? ?

? ? ?

Apparently clarification is needed. Hehehe.

What I meant is that they are, at there roots, no different from any of the other creation myths around the world. A good attempt at explaining what was not yet understood.

Sure, most of them were honest attempts, but all of them wrong. Too many illusions and delusions as well as creating things that didn't exist in order for the myths to be acceptable.

Science has brought us a long way. Sure, there are still many unknows. But we don't get correct answers if we don't ask the right questions. All too often we ask the wrong question, follow the resulting process and eventually realize that we are headed the wrong way. So we stop and rephrase the question and start over again.

Apparently clarification is needed. Hehehe.

What I meant is that they are, at there roots, no different from any of the other creation myths around the world. A good attempt at explaining what was not yet understood.

Sure, most of them were honest attempts, but all of them wrong. Too many illusions and delusions as well as creating things that didn't exist in order for the myths to be acceptable.

Science has brought us a long way. Sure, there are still many unknows. But we don't get correct answers if we don't ask the right questions. All too often we ask the wrong question, follow the resulting process and eventually realize that we are headed the wrong way. So we stop and rephrase the question and start over again.

I find it an interesting subject , from a 'traditional', general (mythological), anthropological and 'what-you-said' view. So, I seek maps or models that try to sort it all out, since I have contact with all those 4 modes ( I listed above) in society ... and various combinations of them. The deeper I got into the indigenous culture and mythology, the more inner significance I saw. It even makes sense geologically, Now, even indigenous cultures that have different mythologies here - a different creation myth and cosmological stories, they are fitting together in type of giant jigsaw puzzle.

But too OT to talk about here in an evolution / creationism discussion .... 'Mythology' looses on both sides of THAT debate.

I do still hold a rad (apparently) and PIC view of Human 'dispersal' into Australia ... after the arrival of 'Man' but that is an after event (of the post evolution / creation debate).

Edited by Nungali

An Oklahoma station censored part of his show. Must have been the people who erected these. There are several just East of Amarillo TX. and several more just inside the Oklahoma border.

250px-Groom-Texas.jpg

Edited by ralis

Actually what really surprised me was that FOX was partner in its production.

Which reinforces the creationist view

with the devil being an active participant.

An Oklahoma station censored part of his show. Must have been the people who erected these. There are several just East of Amarillo TX. and several more just inside the Oklahoma border.

One of those was in the news recently where one of them had been erected on public land and a court order deemed them illegal and to be removed. The group (I forget which) promptly bought the land so that their cross could remain.

Sad that many still prefer ignorance over knowledge. But that is the way of many institutions, especially religious and governmental.

Which reinforces the creationist view

with the devil being an active participant.

Hehehe. I think your logic is a bit twisted there but who am I to say?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/20/league-of-the-south-official-teaching-evolution-is-an-act-of-disloyalty-to-america/

I hope these cretins never attain enough power to be dangerous!

Michael Peroutka says;

“American political philosophy is based on the belief that the world was created by God in six days, and that this creation event occurred about 6,000 years ago,” he explains, adding that news reports describing the Earth as millions of years old were either ignorant or “anti-American.”

I think that's the idea ... to assure entry to heaven.

That would be fine if such a place really existed.

(Yeah, I know, we gotta' have faith and believe.)

Now the creationists want equal time to provide balance to Dr. Tyson's show. I suppose they mean free air time?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/21/creationists-demand-equal-airtime-on-neil-degrasse-tysons-cosmos-to-provide-balance/

Well, if they didn't already have 1,783,985 programs on TV presenting their views already I would feel sorry for them.

They really need to get a real life.

In the beginning all was formless and void there was nothing and 'God' said.

"Let there be light."

And there was light.

There was still nothing.

But you could see it a lot better.

Then a six day creation ( round about 4004 BC) with Sunday off as a statutory rest day ( God being in the union and all).

One the fifth day God ( a merry prankster) created the fossils and buried them at different depths in the earth.

Just to wind up Richard Dawkins and his mates.

And that's as good and valid a creation yarn as any of the others doing the rounds.

The scientistic version starts out....

" In the beginning there was nothing. Then it exploded!"

:-)

• Like 2

Just been reading Chadwick's biog of Shunryu Suzuki the Soto Zen guy .

Somebody asks Suzuki...

" Is there a Hell and if so what's it for?"

Suzuki....

" If you want one there can be and then it's great place for cultivation."

• Like 1

Now the creationists want equal time to provide balance to Dr. Tyson's show. I suppose they mean free air time?

They've got a job ahead of them. Cosmos is about the whole realm of science, from Big Bang to the DNA in the bacteria on your toothbrush. Creationist are more like one trick ponies.

• Like 3

They're all just stories told by folks as it were - huddled around a campfire, at night; for reassurance and to keep the shadows at bay.

• Like 1

My good friend who visited this morning is a good Christian and I make it a point to occasionally remind him that most of the stories in the Bible are to be taken figuratively, not literally.

• Like 1