ralis

Evolution vs. Creationism. Bill Nye Debates Ken Ham.

Ah!, you felt the feather tickling the back of your ear. Good.

Yes, we each must live according to our own standards and understandings. But we must be sure our standards have value and that our understandings are valid.

I'll bet no never hesitate before sitting in a chair and ponder the question of whether or not the chair is really a chair. 99.99~ is good enough, I think.

There is more evidence that animals need air to breathe than there is for macroevolution.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 1

I seem to have lost track of this discussion. Now it seems to be about whether anything can be 100% proven .... even though it is agreed that even if it is not " I myself would call it a fact" ...

Owww ... my hairs are splitting .

I had a yarn with my medical scientists sister about mini super efficient machines inside cells (yeah, you guys know what I mean?) from the 'intelligent design' perspective; they cant have 'evolved' as to make them any simpler , by even one step or component, they wont work . Her view was that they were already independant developed living things that got absorbed by the cell ... she gave me a term for the idea to look it up and I wrote it down ... but lost it somewhere .

Any ideas how those little super-efficient micro machines became what they are?

http://www.consciousazine.com/bio-revolutions-bio-tech.html

3837178.jpg?419

No wonder your hairs are splitting. Hehehe.

I don't have enough knowldge of those little bugs to be able to speak of them. But I doubt it would be correct to suggest that they have "evolved". Yes, they have been developed. The knowledge of those who make them has evolved though.

• Like 1

I seem to have lost track of this discussion. Now it seems to be about whether anything can be 100% proven .... even though it is agreed that even if it is not " I myself would call it a fact" ...

Owww ... my hairs are splitting .

I had a yarn with my medical scientists sister about mini super efficient machines inside cells (yeah, you guys know what I mean?) from the 'intelligent design' perspective; they cant have 'evolved' as to make them any simpler , by even one step or component, they wont work . Her view was that they were already independant developed living things that got absorbed by the cell ... she gave me a term for the idea to look it up and I wrote it down ... but lost it somewhere .

Any ideas how those little super-efficient micro machines became what they are?

http://www.consciousazine.com/bio-revolutions-bio-tech.html

3837178.jpg?419

I have seen an explanation of this microbe and if the organism is deconstructed, each part is a viable organism. That was argued in the trial in Dover Pa. as to whether creationism would be allowed to be taught in public schools. The creationist side used this argument that this particular organism is far too complex to have evolved from a more primitive/simpler existence. A microbiologist eviscerated their argument.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/intelligent-design-trial.html

Edited by ralis

No wonder your hairs are splitting. Hehehe.

I don't have enough knowldge of those little bugs to be able to speak of them. But I doubt it would be correct to suggest that they have "evolved". Yes, they have been developed. The knowledge of those who make them has evolved though.

Thats the whole issue ... 'who' made them ? ... And PLEASE dont say aliens ;)

I have seen an explanation of this microbe and if the organism is deconstructed, each part is a viable organism. That was argued in the trial in Dover Pa. as to whether creationism would be allowed to be taught in public schools. The creationist side used this argument that this particular organism is far too complex to have evolved from a more primitive/simpler existence. A microbiologist eviscerated their argument.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/evolution/intelligent-design-trial.html

Ah ... thanks - great link :) (thats what my sister is .... a microbiologist ) .

Edited by Nungali

6294278_orig.jpg

I amazing powers of Nungali's old incense burner .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I just don't understand what ark building or creationism debates prove with these people. I see a crane in the background in the video I posted. Did Noah have a crane?

Maybe Marblehead has a boat dock nearby so we can test the seaworthiness of this grand folly. :lol:

No crane, no ark, just a myth. There was a flood though. It caused the creation of the Black Sea. Many people died.

Yes, there are a number of docks close to where I live but I have no boat so we would have to build one.

Edited by Marblehead

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

• Like 1

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”

- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes

You posted a quote without comment. Which part of the discussion are you addressing?

Edited by ralis

I was being facetious. The alien submarine was hilarious!

Hehehe. Yeah, that is the first time I have ever seen that suggestion.

You posted a quote without comment. Which part of the discussion are you addressing?

But I did like the quote and I viewed it from my perspective.

And besides, the kangaroo must have evolved after the Great Flood because Noah didn't have any of them on the ark.

• Like 1

I was being facetious. The alien submarine was hilarious!

I just thought I would jack it up a notch ....

a21607d75e319f8eb99bf3acfe18b53f16143b9c

• Like 1