The severity of identification leads to clinging, the root cause of all situational discomforts. If one can learn to retrace the path back to the state prior to identification, which is basically a process of deconstructing duality, one reaches a still point. Some call this point 'resting in the nature of mind' (which is another way of saying resting in pure potential). This is not to be confused with "waking coma". One who can remain at ease in the nature of mind often has immense spontaneity, energy, coupled with a tireless, responsive, relational attitude to life.

Negativities have no ground to fester when there is no identification to fertilize its roots. Non-identification can be understood clearly thru meditative practice.

Hey guys. Well. It's almost 2 years later. I am still having this problem... I still feel emotionally numb. And I also have 0 sex drive and there's no pleasure from sex.

I have been searching around on the Internet. And I found out that the "Sacral Chakra" is responsible for your emotions and sexuality. And when it is closed off you feel lifeless and your sexuality is cut off. Perhaps my meditation closed/damaged that chakra?

Now. I was also researching that if you listen to a Binaural Beat that is calibrated at 9.0 Hz that it actually stimulates the Sacral Charka and opens it.

As you guys may know. I have a intense phobia agasnt Binaural Beats now. But I really can't live like this anymore. So, I am willing to try it.

However. I am also afraid that if I mess with my charkas that it will awaken full blown Kundalini.

I am also hesitant becuase I heard you need to start from the root charka first. Than move up. So I don't know.

What do you guys think? Should I just listen to it and open my sacral Chakra?

Edited by Under

The thin line between Buddhist philosophy of no self, and depersonalization disorders!

In my view, Buddhist philosophy should only be an adjunct to Buddhist practice, and not be taken as truths for all meditators. So things like prostrations, developing bodhicitta, exhaling stale winds and correct sitting, dedication of merit, dealing with a bodhisattva yidam, and more legitimate practices of Buddhism...all of these help cultivate the right state of being, which is open and relaxed, free from concepts (grasping or clinging mind).

Not depersonalized.

That's incredibly important. Practice that leads to relaxation and openness and more loving-kindess and clarity...rather than meditating and thinking we need to dis-identify, or identify with consciousness itself. Obviously, we can see that path leads to increased suffering rather than increased bliss. The point of Buddhism is to reduce suffering, not necessarily to force identification with pure consciousness or forcefully see that we have no identity at all. No...it is to relax open, and be free from negative feelings. Whatever brings that is legitimate practice and philosophy, and whatever takes that away is the opposite. In my view as a newbie.

• Like 4

Hey guys. Well. It's almost 2 years later. I am still having this problem... I still feel emotionally numb. And I also have 0 sex drive and there's no pleasure from sex.

I have been searching around on the Internet. And I found out that the "Sacral Chakra" is responsible for your emotions and sexuality. And when it is closed off you feel lifeless and your sexuality is cut off. Perhaps my meditation closed/damaged that chakra?

Now. I was also researching that if you listen to a Binaural Beat that is calibrated at 9.0 Hz that it actually stimulates the Sacral Charka and opens it.

As you guys may know. I have a intense phobia agasnt Binaural Beats now. But I really can't live like this anymore. So, I am willing to try it.

However. I am also afraid that if I mess with my charkas that it will awaken full blown Kundalini.

I am also hesitant becuase I heard you need to start from the root charka first. Than move up. So I don't know.

Don't do binaural beats anymore! Go see a healer, like someone who can take your pulse and bring it back into balance. If you don't have that, then just breathe fresh air for a practice and go for walks. Or keep asking questions to the forum about what legitimate practices you're looking into, and see if people think they'll be good for you. Don't do illegitimate practices, like binaural beats!

• Like 1

Your body has a natural healing mechanism that will open up blockages. It's called spontaneous shaking. Stimulate your body to shake and then it let the shaking take over and your body where it needs to loose up. Doing this for an hour a day is extremely beneficial and will with time and effort ventually loosen and dissolve blockages in your body.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Your body has a natural healing mechanism that will open up blockages. It's called spontaneous shaking. Stimulate your body to shake and then it let the shaking take over and your body where it needs to loose up. Doing this for an hour a day is extremely beneficial and will with time and effort ventually loosen and dissolve blockages in your body.

My 2 cents, Peace

Hey OldChi. Really? How exactly can I do this?

Hey OldChi. Really? How exactly can I do this?

You Stand Up.....and Start Shaking.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

The thin line between Buddhist philosophy of no self, and depersonalization disorders!

In my view, Buddhist philosophy should only be an adjunct to Buddhist practice, and not be taken as truths for all meditators. So things like prostrations, developing bodhicitta, exhaling stale winds and correct sitting, dedication of merit, dealing with a bodhisattva yidam, and more legitimate practices of Buddhism...all of these help cultivate the right state of being, which is open and relaxed, free from concepts (grasping or clinging mind).

Not depersonalized.

That's incredibly important. Practice that leads to relaxation and openness and more loving-kindess and clarity...rather than meditating and thinking we need to dis-identify, or identify with consciousness itself. Obviously, we can see that path leads to increased suffering rather than increased bliss. The point of Buddhism is to reduce suffering, not necessarily to force identification with pure consciousness or forcefully see that we have no identity at all. No...it is to relax open, and be free from negative feelings. Whatever brings that is legitimate practice and philosophy, and whatever takes that away is the opposite. In my view as a newbie.

Well said..

Binural beats are out of your control. Don't do it.

Lets use some common sense here.... it always comes in handy....

Stop doing what's making you feel like this!!

We will also use some basic TCM which works for every case (unlike specific TCM)

You mention you are afraid, hesitant, and have intense phobia. That would be clearly indicative of weak kidneys. Kidney's relate to sex drive and the strong urge (i'm sure you had as a teenager) to just get it out - i am assuming you are a boy.

No self, interconnectedness, feeling of one-ness are all 'high' feelings achieved through certain types of meditation, Ok you have reached the top, but how about the bottom, it is exhausted and you are out of balance. You have no anchor left to keep you in balance. The water element is that anchor.

Let me guess you started off doing a certain type of meditation and it made you feel good. You continued it so you could keep feeling good, and as the sauce, fuel, or jing ran out you started feeling out of sorts. You continue to meditate because thats what you think you should do, but the only meditation you know is what you have done in the past. It feels right to feel this way after meditation becuase that's all you have ever done. Even if you do meditation correctly now, it will end up the same way you have always done it because thats what you have trained your body to do over not only a period of months, but years. Don't get me wrong, it probably still makes you feel good as you rev your overheated yet worked v8 engine to it's peak, but it's fuel is very limited and causing it to stall as the tank quickley becomes dry.

You need to retrain your body to become normal and in balance once again. Getting high on meditation is alright every now and then but that's not how you live every day.

As i have put in several posts, if anybody would like help to learn how to put their body in balance i am always more than happy to help, but you would need to give up your old meditation and do only what i say for an absolute minimum of two weeks, 4 weeks would be a more preferable minimum. I don't want to waste my time with people doing a bit of this and a bit of that and getting nowhere. If you try everything and still get nowhere my private message box is always open :)

• Like 1

It made me a bit paranoid.

About why no one ever comes in the chat room here at Tao Bums.

Hmm.

If anyone has any ideas, please pm me asap.

Thanks very much.

I did wonder if anyone kept chat logs.

Could someone please confirm that for me please.

Thanks again very very much.

:(

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

The whole thing sounds entirely mental to me. You talk about fear a lot...and when you don't, your tone is still very fearful.

I don't blame you. But if you really want to fix this, you need to just stop worrying. I don't know what you have done for two years but it seems like your mindset hasn't changed.

Foget kundalini. Forget Binaural Beats and any of these spiritual practices...I can almost see you're playing a guessing game with zero guidance from anyone experienced.

If you pick bits here and there from meditation and delve too deep by just using your own interpretation, you're going to, pardon my French, fuck your mind up. I know this first hand.

The best thing to do is to stop now and just do other things. The problem is only there because you let it happen. It's like a robber breaking into your house every time you just finished replacing all your assets, and each time you decide to just let it happen as opposed to getting an alarm, guard dog, housemate or gun or whatever.

Sgt. Rara

• Like 1

The whole thing sounds entirely mental to me. You talk about fear a lot...and when you don't, your tone is still very fearful.

I don't blame you. But if you really want to fix this, you need to just stop worrying. I don't know what you have done for two years but it seems like your mindset hasn't changed.

Foget kundalini. Forget Binaural Beats and any of these spiritual practices...I can almost see you're playing a guessing game with zero guidance from anyone experienced.

If you pick bits here and there from meditation and delve too deep by just using your own interpretation, you're going to, pardon my French, fuck your mind up. I know this first hand.

The best thing to do is to stop now and just do other things. The problem is only there because you let it happen. It's like a robber breaking into your house every time you just finished replacing all your assets, and each time you decide to just let it happen as opposed to getting an alarm, guard dog, housemate or gun or whatever.

Sgt. Rara

Hey Rara. I have tried the method of just simply ignoring this and just live life. However, There are a lot of things that are physically wrong with me that I can't just simply ignore. Like, I'm not trying to get personal or sound gross; but I rarely get erections anymore. I have read on the internet that if a male does not get an erection for a while the cartilage will break down and the penis will get small and the nerve endings will also break down. I can still get erections, but I have to consiosuly make it go up. The whole purpose of the a male getting random erections throuought the day is for the reason that it won't get small. And not to mention that there is no more sexual pleasure anymore. That is seriously upsetting. And yes I did rule out physical symtoms becuase I went to 4 doctors and I got blood tests and they don't know what the hell is going on.

And I actually have been going a little nuts. You know, when you read articles online about how the "third eye is the mark of the beast" and how "Kundalini is the serpant that tempted adam and eve in the garden" you know, it does make you lose your damn mind. So maybe your right in that aspect. I'll stop making myself go nuts and just presume that this stuff isin't any demonic crap.

I'm probably going to go to a spiritual healer because I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with Chakra imbalance. But the problem is my parents are Christians and don't believe in this stuff. So, idk. I guess ill have to wait until I move out.

And if the spiritual healer dosen't work than I'm probably going to kill myself... nah, I'll probably pussy out and not do it. But still, this is no way to live.

But you are all good people for responding and trying to help me out. I deeply appricate it.

• Like 1

Hey Rara. I have tried the method of just simply ignoring this and just live life. However, There are a lot of things that are physically wrong with me that I can't just simply ignore. Like, I'm not trying to get personal or sound gross; but I rarely get erections anymore. I have read on the internet that if a male does not get an erection for a while the cartilage will break down and the penis will get small and the nerve endings will also break down. I can still get erections, but I have to consiosuly make it go up. The whole purpose of the a male getting random erections throuought the day is for the reason that it won't get small. And not to mention that there is no more sexual pleasure anymore. That is seriously upsetting. And yes I did rule out physical symtoms becuase I went to 4 doctors and I got blood tests and they don't know what the hell is going on.

And I actually have been going a little nuts. You know, when you read articles online about how the "third eye is the mark of the beast" and how "Kundalini is the serpant that tempted adam and eve in the garden" you know, it does make you lose your damn mind. So maybe your right in that aspect. I'll stop making myself go nuts and just presume that this stuff isin't any demonic crap.

I'm probably going to go to a spiritual healer because I'm pretty sure that this has something to do with Chakra imbalance. But the problem is my parents are Christians and don't believe in this stuff. So, idk. I guess ill have to wait until I move out.

And if the spiritual healer dosen't work than I'm probably going to kill myself... nah, I'll probably pussy out and not do it. But still, this is no way to live.

But you are all good people for responding and trying to help me out. I deeply appricate it.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the physicals are showing there is nothing wrong...hence me stating the mental aspect. Mind comes first, then comes the physical.

But definitely get off the online articles, for sure. They make all sorts of crap up!

I'm sure you have tried doing different things, but over a forum, I can't tell if you are still going in with the same mindset. I can go and watch football, but if I do, who's to say my mind isn't elsewhere?

So two things. If you do what Malik asked above, we can do the best we can. Otherwise, maybe a healer can help you. It's worth a shot...just find a way of not letting your parents find out. FIND A WAY. I know exactly what it's like coming from a dognatic Christian background. Find that determination to fix yourself and go for it.

It might be no way to live, but there is a blissful way to live for you. You just need tonsee it. Trust me, it's there.

Hello under,

obviously Youve recieved tons of great advice..besides all of the spiritual/grounding stuff, a lot of your symptomology resembles mine to a T. There are a few things I can almost guarantee can help. It sounds like somewhere/somehow, your adrenals and or thyroid have become pretty unbalanced. Someone else said from a TCM perspective your kidneys are weak. this is pretty much adrenals. Adrenal problems can cause you to feel numb, dissasociated, fogged, almost like a zombie. this has a knock on effect on the rest of your hormones. May I suggest this product:

http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Products/Energy/Daily-Energy/04085-ADRENergize.aspx

You will know very very quickly after taking a dose of this if the adrenals are at least a big part of your issue. It will quickly brighten things up and youll feel a zest that I am assuming is missing at the moment. You probably wont even need the 3 capsule a day dosage, in fact 1-2 often is enough especially since you are young. Also would not hurt to get your hormones checked out..large doses of vitamin c, magnesium, and assorted B vitamins will work synergistically with the supplement Ive recommended. This gives you something concrete to try along with trying to get grounded, qigong etc. If somethings malfunctioning with your adrenals/thyroid, it doesnt matter how much spiritual activity you do its not gonna get you over the hump. I think you need something quickly to help to let you feel like your self and see theres a light at end of tunnel. Ive been there man, brain fog and fatigue so thick I literally couldnt remember what I did 5 seconds ago, accompanied by a feeling of total numbness and dissacotiation, like everythings a dream. This is adrenal/thyroid related Id almost guarantee it. The supplement is very safe and its worth a shot. Let me know if you try it and how you get on.

good luck..

Edited by bax44
  • Like 1

Hello under,

obviously Youve recieved tons of great advice..besides all of the spiritual/grounding stuff, a lot of your symptomology resembles mine to a T. There are a few things I can almost guarantee can help. It sounds like somewhere/somehow, your adrenals and or thyroid have become pretty unbalanced. Someone else said from a TCM perspective your kidneys are weak. this is pretty much adrenals. Adrenal problems can cause you to feel numb, dissasociated, fogged, almost like a zombie. this has a knock on effect on the rest of your hormones. May I suggest this product:

http://www.enzymatictherapy.com/Products/Energy/Daily-Energy/04085-ADRENergize.aspx

You will know very very quickly after taking a dose of this if the adrenals are at least a big part of your issue. It will quickly brighten things up and youll feel a zest that I am assuming is missing at the moment. You probably wont even need the 3 capsule a day dosage, in fact 1-2 often is enough especially since you are young. Also would not hurt to get your hormones checked out..large doses of vitamin c, magnesium, and assorted B vitamins will work synergistically with the supplement Ive recommended. This gives you something concrete to try along with trying to get grounded, qigong etc. If somethings malfunctioning with your adrenals/thyroid, it doesnt matter how much spiritual activity you do its not gonna get you over the hump. I think you need something quickly to help to let you feel like your self and see theres a light at end of tunnel. Ive been there man, brain fog and fatigue so thick I literally couldnt remember what I did 5 seconds ago, accompanied by a feeling of total numbness and dissacotiation, like everythings a dream. This is adrenal/thyroid related Id almost guarantee it. The supplement is very safe and its worth a shot. Let me know if you try it and how you get on.

good luck..

Hello bax44. Thanks for the information. I actually have been taking B Vitamin. My parents usually buy the liquid type but they sometimes buy the tablets. I have been taking it for about 4 months now and it has not helped me at all. All it does is make me feel relaxed but that's about it. I also take Fish Oil Tablets and other multivitamins. And have been taking them for a while and I have not seen any improvement. I still have erection problems and almost non-existant sex drive and emotional flatness. They do nothing for me.

I am probably going to ask my parents to book an appointment with an endocrinologist. Your right, it wouldn't hurt to get my levels checked... And if he says that my levels are normal than I'm probably going to go get a spiritual healer... I don't know why but I have a strong feeling that this has something to do with chakra imbalance probably from my research. I have been reading things about the "sacral chakra" and apparently it is the seat of a persons emotions. And when it is closed off or weak you can't feel your emotions and you have a weak sex drive. And it also governs sexual pleasure. I have a feeling that the Binaural Beat i listened to closed off that chakra. I can't say for sure though.

http://www.chakrashack.com/articles/anarah_sacral.html

"If the Sacral Chakra is closed, you are likely to be at the opposite end in terms of emotionality. In this state, you are likely to feel flat and lifeless, or cold and distant i.e. you are out of touch with your emotions, and perhaps even your sexuality."

But honestly. If I go to the endo and if he finds that there's nothing wrong... And if that spiritual healer doesn't work. I am probably going to lose my mind and have a mental break down.

Hi Under, in terms of feeling your emotions switched off, have a read of the pdf that was posted in the thread that I linked to in my previous post.

It talks about people on a sliding scale and that people were able to successfully remove themselves from what you may be experiencing.

But honestly. If I go to the endo and if he finds that there's nothing wrong... And if that spiritual healer doesn't work. I am probably going to lose my mind and have a mental break down.

Don't break down. Every failed attempt is one step closer to finding the answer. Endo/spiritual healer might not work out first time either, but the trial and error can help narrow it down!

You Stand Up.....and Start Shaking.

My 2 cents, Peace

I wasn't bullshitting you. It's a real practice with extraordinary benefits. If you need to read something in order to take the leap to practice.....here is a book on the topic and also a good thread. Blessings.

http://www.amazon.com/Shaking-Medicine-Healing-Ecstatic-Movement/dp/1594771499/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397649048&sr=8-1&keywords=Shaking+medicine

http://thetaobums.com/topic/6294-shaking-by-bradford-keeney/

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Just wanted to say Happy Easter to everyone. Hope your all doing well. Your all good people and I appreciate you guys taking your time to help me. So I hope you all have an amazing Easter Sunday. :)

• Like 3

Just wanted to say Happy Easter to everyone. Hope your all doing well. Your all good people and I appreciate you guys taking your time to help me. So I hope you all have an amazing Easter Sunday. :)

Happy easter dude