Sign in to follow this  
Trunk

State of the Board - Jan 15th, 2014 (new: immed. temp suspensions)

Just a couple of quick notes:

1. Basher resigned from lobby steward; a lot going on in other areas of his life. (Chang is still on duty there). Thank you, Basher, for your help!

2. New procedure, that the mod team will implement at their discretion. Some times it takes us a while to discuss a mod issue and up 'till now we wouldn't take any action 'till we'd sorted it out: meanwhile more chaos piles up. :) So, often now, we will put a member on immediate temporary suspension while we discuss and sort out what to do. This helps cut back the chaos.

- Trunk

• Like 10

I wonder if there is a non-active status to use in such cases instead of 'suspension'... because then the mods can track the outcome.

Without a bread crump of action taken, members get lump together as to action. If there was a temporary action status, then one can see the historical outcome of members which result in actual suspension vs reinstatement.

• Like 1

dawei, do you mean the same thing, but different wording? Or do you perhaps mean putting them on moderated posting status for example (that is doable). Or?

Suspension basically = they can't post, nor do PMs....

we can also suspend a members ability to post without suspending them. this way they can still pm with mods and explain their post/action.and if the issue is flagrant insults being exchanged-this prevents more piling on of insults-leading to a more serious situation for all concerned. this is not exactly a perfect solution either, tho, there are still things us as mods havnt quite worked out yet.

its a process.

• Like 4

I may be looking at it from too much of a 'data' point of view, but as MH seems to understand: It would reflect a kind of 'innocent' status.

we can also suspend a members ability to post without suspending them. this way they can still pm with mods and explain their post/action.and if the issue is flagrant insults being exchanged-this prevents more piling on of insults-leading to a more serious situation for all concerned. this is not exactly a perfect solution either, tho, there are still things us as mods havnt quite worked out yet.

its a process.

I would think this is reasonable. if mods are researching an issue, it seems they may want to PM the member... although some might just walk away for a while. So, if this was done, the status could be explained to the member and that they can still PM for the time being.

So just limit posting ability, and call it something different, makes sense :).

PMing is always what mods start with before things like suspension. I haven't seen the new stop members from being able to post thing ever happen to a member that we haven't been in communication with a LOT, sometimes for many years lol, first...

• Like 1

I agree with the point Dawei is making. Suspension indicates the person is guilty until proven innocent.

I disagree.

Stepping in and stopping a fight doesn't necessarily imply guilt.

I'm extremely pleased about this latest initiative.

Good for you (Admin/Mods)!!!

• Like 2

That's okay. You are not the first person to ever disagree with me.

Who was then? was it me? mind you if you say it was I won't agree.

• Like 1

That's okay. You are not the first person to ever disagree with me.

That's very kind of you MH - I was naturally extremely concerned that you might feel affronted by my apparent temerity.

• Like 2

Who was then? was it me? mind you if you say it was I won't agree.

Naw, you weren't even close to being first.

I think the first time was way back when I was just a little fellow and I cried that I was hungry and my mom said, "You are not hungry. You just drank 10 minutes ago. Now shut up!"

I think the first time was way back when I was just a little fellow and I cried that I was hungry and my mom said, "You are not hungry. You just drank 10 minutes ago. Now shut up!"

Did you quickly get abreast of the problem?

• Like 2

That's very kind of you MH - I was naturally extremely concerned that you might feel affronted by my apparent temerity.

Aw! Well thank you for your concern. I know that everyone won't always agree with me. That's fine. I can deal with that. It is when the person becomes insulting because of our disagreement that I can't handle. You've seen that from me. Not nice but it is my true nature.

Did you quickly get abreast of the problem?

Hehehe. That's good! No, if I recall properly she put me in a cage and went on with her work.

A bit early to have already acquired a taste for Southern Comfort, MH. :D:D:D

• Like 2

Aw! Well thank you for your concern. I know that everyone won't always agree with me. That's fine. I can deal with that. It is when the person becomes insulting because of our disagreement that I can't handle. You've seen that from me. Not nice but it is my true nature.

Interestingly, that's not my view of you - I've only ever seen you handle those situation entirely appropriately, although perhaps I've missed an incident or two? :)

• Like 1

Interestingly, that's not my view of you - I've only ever seen you handle those situation entirely appropriately, although perhaps I've missed an incident or two? :)

From what I have heard you have missed a couple, however out of over 20,000 posts that's not too bad!!!! :)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this