suninmyeyes

bad energy , negative attacks, what to do ?

As for Jeff's imaginative projection pertaining to his "profound" understanding of omnipotence able to ignore the world of deluded activity; there is simply no such thing. He does not know it, and he does not know of any beings outside of graphic novels who are so divorced from reality as his understanding is.

Once again, I guess we will just have to disagree. Attacks are easier to ignore than you think. :-)

Best wishes to you.

(Edit - iPad format error)

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 1

Once again, I guess we will just have to disagree. Attacks are easier to ignore than you think. :-)

Best wishes to you.

(Edit - iPad format error)

Agreed Jeff, and what a gentleman you are.

• Like 1

That is a good provisional teaching, Chi. But for those whose expression is enlightening activity in the world, there is no set disposition, as the meeting of potential and creation is dependent on the situation itself to have its proper result.

As for Jeff's imaginative projection pertaining to his "profound" understanding of omnipotence able to ignore the world of deluded activity; there is simply no such thing. He does not know it, and he does not know of any beings outside of graphic novels who are so divorced from reality as his understanding is.

The world is itself Mind. There is nothing outside of oneself. If there is one shred of reality one does not consider himself, this is the ignorant human mentality.

Deci, As for your profound pretentiousness above, it just goes to show how sick a puppy a puppy can get.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 1

Personally attacking anyone's style and method of expression is judging/labeling/categorizing/etc. and is a thing of the monkey-mind reacting emotionally to perceived slights. If we step back and see every person as not-persons, i.e. mind-constructs, then we can save much time/energy in avoiding action/reaction (i.e. habitual karmic occurrences). This is illusions fighting illusions and trying to manipulate said illusions. Just ask yourself, "What would Buddha do?" ;) Personally I think it can be a fun game to play, but always keep in mind that it is nothing other than a game of thought constructs battling it out. Do you come here to play? Then play away! Do you come here for work? Then don't shirk your work! Don't get distracted! There is no better and nor worse - no good and no bad - it is all relative. Are you here to shape others? Are you here to teach others? To train others? Be certain that you know exactly why you are here - and stick to your purpose!

I just lectured y'all - so I must have some need to want to teach - and so therefore I judged you - I am a hypocrite if I say that my purpose isn't to do such things, but since I do it all the time, I must like it - so if indeed I come here to play such games, then I am no hypocrite...in any event, relative to everyone else, I am the same...

Ramble ramble ramble, on the microphone I scramble - to say 'wise' things...

• Like 1

I often wonder about the effects of compassion - can it cloud issues? Waste time? Also, can one be compassionate and seemingly cruel and haughty at the same time? Compassionate ruthlessness. One need not express from feelings...one can choose the way of efficiency. Even to manipulate to get the best results - or else become the manipulated. Just kicking around ideas - haven't quite worked it out yet.

That can be a hard one... I'd say that a big part of the equation (so to speak) involves one's personal dharma... for instance if one is of or has warrior dharma. The Bhagavad Gita is one source that speaks of this situation. As you seem to imply to me such a situation could easily fall into some type of manipulation or unfortunate complication thus increase karmas!

• Like 3

That can be a hard one... I'd say that a big part of the equation (so to speak) involves one's personal dharma... for instance if one is of or has warrior dharma. The Bhagavad Gita is one source that speaks of this situation. As you seem to imply to me such a situation could easily fall into some type of manipulation or unfortunate complication thus increase karmas!

It's true - it mires you in action/reaction events. To step outside of habitual action/reaction events is to steal potential as far as I can tell - you then save that energy. Instead of going along with that flow, you simply see reality, and in the seeing, know whether to act or not in the typical karmic activities. Time is very much related to energy, for the use and/or storing of energy happens in time, even as it happens in the ever-changing moment. I think a big reason why people try to educate/train/manipulate others is to make themselves feel better in various ways (out of pride, oneupsmanship, out of a sense of hurt (with a reflected desire to chastise so as to make the other feel like they have been schooled), or many other reasons - including the feeling that posting in such an argument is a game of minds (hence the oneupsmanship). So energy is going out needlessly (if viewed from the stance of sealing away energy). When one delves deep into ones own reasons for playing the game, one can get a better sense of whether or not it's time to transcend the game - what is the benefit? Is it just ego primping? If so, then it simply gives one a pleasure of the ego mind and is like masturbating. If one is acting out of a sense of compassion - sees that others are so deluded that they must be chastised - what is the basis of that? Look deep - find the root source of the action and what that action is in reaction to. See why one is contributing to cause/effect chains, which are endless and have no beginning.

This actually applies very well to the original topic of the thread. I think that most of us believe that negative attacks cannot hurt one who lives outside of such karmic wheels. That the hurt is actually caused by reaction to the action coming from the attacker. At least this is what I believe. So if one is unaffected by karma, living in true reality, one chooses without there being a mind that chooses

(wu wei? actionless action, chooserless choosing?) then one is not caught up in the effects of participating in the inherent negativity that results from reacting to negativity. Think about the mirror effect.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 2

I tend to believe (99.99%) that as long as there is a body of some type in some realm then same would be indicative that some level of karma is still in play, although such could be very greatly reduced! Then again and for instance one can come across teachings that speak of a state of Being that maintains and inter-acts with various realms along with having a physical body yet also simultaneously maintaining (without a break for methods) the deepest and karma free Samadhi 24/7 x 365 days a year.

For 99.99% of us that is getting way ahead of the game! For instance last night me and the wife had a big shouting match about getting the right shower curtains...

• Like 2

"...Just kicking around ideas - haven't quite worked it out yet..."

"...This actually applies very well to the original topic of the thread. I think that most of us believe that negative attacks cannot hurt one who lives outside of such karmic wheels. That the hurt is actually caused by reaction to the action coming from the attacker. At least this is what I believe. So if one is unaffected by karma, living in true reality, one chooses without there being a mind that chooses
(wu wei? actionless action, chooserless choosing?) then one is not caught up in the effects of participating in the inherent negativity that results from reacting to negativity. Think about the mirror effect." quotes from Songtsan

Indeed, and if the mirror is unbreakable and impervious to attack any would be a fool and suffer instantly in trying to attack it since the attack would reflect full force back to them... (further what if the mirror was even more than a pure reflective mirror, what if it had an innate intelligence, wisdom and power that also acted in perpetual action that was not a reaction? Then one might suffer even more by attacking it)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

"...Just kicking around ideas - haven't quite worked it out yet..."

"...This actually applies very well to the original topic of the thread. I think that most of us believe that negative attacks cannot hurt one who lives outside of such karmic wheels. That the hurt is actually caused by reaction to the action coming from the attacker. At least this is what I believe. So if one is unaffected by karma, living in true reality, one chooses without there being a mind that chooses

(wu wei? actionless action, chooserless choosing?) then one is not caught up in the effects of participating in the inherent negativity that results from reacting to negativity. Think about the mirror effect." quotes from Songtsan

Indeed, and if the mirror is unbreakable and impervious to attack any would be a fool and suffer instantly in trying to attack it since the attack would reflect full force back to them... (further what if the mirror was even more than a pure reflective mirror, what if it had an innate intelligence, wisdom and power that also acted in perpetual action that was not a reaction? Then one might suffer even more by attacking it)

There could also be situations where the attack would just pass over and through the karma-free individual...they wouldn't necessarily mirror everything (unless they 'chose' to)...they could simply be unaffected by the actions and especially the intent behind the actions.

• Like 2

To some degree perhaps, although such an apparent individual would no longer be just an individual having just personal choices... since their condition or state would be integrated with purity of spiritual force - a force that would be the power behind (so to speak) and paramount in bringing about what could be called actions.

Thus one does not approach such a Being willy-nilly and expect to be immune from spirit taking some sort of action, subtle or not so subtle.

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

How about some good energy / positive attacks ?

"I am going to hug and kiss you taobums for a thousand years !"

(Sends a big ball of pink energy)

edit: This is advice given to me if/when under attack

Love

:wub: :wub: :wub:

oooh gots me~ heeheehee!!❤❤

Actually, i have mentioned in this thread that whether or not it is hell-fire or showers of flowers doesn't matter in the sense that attraction or aversion or even boredom is equal. What is necessary is to see reality as it is without bias or inclination.

When one sees reality, this is objective awareness.

The OP essentially states that when there is negativity in a situation in terms of malicious intent, what can one do about the negative energy one experiences in these situations. suninmyeyes provided Hongzhi's quote in her original post because she seems to have recognized in Hongzhi's statement that the wonderful spiritual result of subtle operation's spiritual basis is itself not apart from the reality of the situation itself.

She is not like me though, and introduces Hongzhi's result of subtle spiritual operation with the disclaimer that there may be other ways to deal with antagonism…

Others, like Jeff, for example, seem to imagine some sort of omnipotent insularity is actually possible (not to mention assumed to be the spiritual power and sole province of the truly illuminated).

Spiritual power comes naturally with the territory of virtuous harmony with reality within the context of many, many, many situations that have been passed through as transformations of created cycles of yin and yang. Virtuous harmony is not a matter of walking around in gossamer robes on Maui and smiling at everybody smiling. It is the result of seeing reality as is and adapting selflessly to conditions, stealing potential when it reaches ripeness and then withdrawing void of intellectualism. Negative energy is.

Having gone along with karmic evolution selflessly over and over agin through the power of enlightening being and then withdrawing at the right time is accomplished by not employing self-reflective mental energy in the process of going through changes. No self, no change. It is verrrry simple… but not easy for beginners. One must go through a long process of self-refinement to begin to see that potential is one and the same as the created. It is then necessary to be able to turn the light around. That potential and karma are the same is due to the fact that the light is one— ignoramuses go along with creation and enlightening beings go in reverse.

What happens in all cases when one is seeing inherent potential no different than temporal evolution, the result of perpetually manifesting complete reality is apparent. This is Suchness, reality as is. There is no need to change or be changed when one sees reality or even unreality as is.

Seeing is a direct result of knowing that there is nothing to know about anything in terms of self-interest. When one sees, knowledge is instantaneous. It's just intuitive awareness. It's not special knowledge. It is just direct, unequivocal, real. Whether events are potentially injurious or not isn't a matter of others' intent as much as one's awareness of the potential inherent in the entire event, the immediate situation, and the smaller cycles evolving in concert.

To the degree that others understand understanding needs no explanation. Where the thick meets the thin is in knowing who understands not-understanding. Those who have entered the mystery of complete reality are those whose consciousness is on par with not-understanding, that is, causeless inconceivability— and these people are able to accept that they themselves are the mystery itself. It is not only that there is nothing to know, it is that the not-knowing is itself the pivot of enlightening awareness.

What one doesn't know is habitual discriminatory judgements and opinions, and feelings relative to the false identity of the circumstantial personality. Knowing that there are those intending harm, however subtle, isn't dependent on the personality— it is seen by the totality of the being that is going to die.

The people I can get along with on this forum get it or are either fully aware of the wonder of it all or are overwhelmed by some inner predilection I call the will to enlightenment. Those that have no affinity for understanding not-understanding are obvious by their calculations, postures or a kind of personality expressing something called an oscillating psychology. That is a wonderful Kashmiri term I learned a few months ago. It was in a document based on a nondualist teaching from about 1800 years ago.

Those that get it are just open to the mystery. Those that don't see are like those whose concrete observations don't tally with inconceivability.

Whether or not people have an affinity with the mysteries and have gained entry or not isn't my problem. All the arguments contrary to selfless knowledge by the deluded aren't going to change that fact. That I do not go along with such people isn't my problem either— it's my responsibility.

C'est la vie.❤

ed note: typo in 10th paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 2

oooh gots me~ heeheehee!!❤❤

Actually, i have mentioned in this thread that whether or not it is hell-fire or showers of flowers doesn't matter in the sense that attraction or aversion or even boredom is equal. What is necessary is to see reality as it is without bias or inclination.

When one sees reality, this is objective awareness.

The OP essentially states that when there is negativity in a situation in terms of malicious intent, what can one do about the negative energy one experiences in these situations. suninmyeyes provided Hongzhi's quote in her original post because she seems to have recognized in Hongzhi's statement that the wonderful spiritual result of subtle operation's spiritual basis is itself not apart from the reality of the situation itself.

She is not like me though, and introduces Hongzhi's result of subtle spiritual operation with the disclaimer that there may be other ways to deal with antagonism…

Others, like Jeff, for example, seem to imagine some sort of omnipotent insularity is actually possible (not to mention assumed to be the spiritual power and sole province of the truly illuminated).

Spiritual power comes naturally with the territory of virtuous harmony with reality within the context of many, many, many situations that have been passed through as transformations of created cycles of yin and yang. Virtuous harmony is not a matter of walking around in gossamer robes on Maui and smiling at everybody smiling. It is the result of seeing reality as is and adapting selflessly to conditions, stealing potential when it reaches ripeness and then withdrawing void of intellectualism. Negative energy is.

Having gone along with karmic evolution selflessly over and over agin through the power of enlightening being and then withdrawing at the right time is accomplished by not employing self-reflective mental energy in the process of going through changes. No self, no change. It is verrrry simple… but not easy for beginners. One must go through a long process of self-refinement to begin to see that potential is one and the same as the created. It is then necessary to be able to turn the light around. That potential and karma are the same is due to the fact that the light is one— ignoramuses go along with creation and enlightening beings go in reverse.

What happens in all cases when one is seeing inherent potential no different than temporal evolution, the result of perpetually manifesting complete reality is apparent. This is Suchness, reality as is. There is no need to change or be changed when one sees reality or even unreality as is.

Seeing is a direct result of knowing that there is nothing to know about anything in terms of self-interest. When one sees, knowledge is instantaneous. It's just intuitive awareness. It's not special knowledge. It is just direct, unequivocal, real. Whether events are potentially injurious or not isn't a matter of others' intent as much as one's awareness of the potential inherent in the entire event, the immediate situation, and the smaller cycles evolving in concert.

To the degree that others understand understanding needs no explanation. Where the thick meets the thin is in knowing who understands not-understanding. Those who have entered the mystery of complete reality are those whose consciousness is on par with not-understanding, that is, causeless inconceivability— and these people are able to accept that they themselves are the mystery itself. It is not only that there is nothing to know, it is that the not-knowing is itself the pivot of enlightening awareness.

What one doesn't know is habitual discriminatory judgements and opinions, and feelings relative to the false identity of the circumstantial personality. Knowing that there are those intending harm, however subtle, isn't dependent on the personality— it is seen by the totality of the being that is going to die.

The people I can get along with on this forum get it or are either fully aware of the wonder of it all or are overwhelmed by some inner predilection I call the will to enlightenment. Those that have no affinity for understanding not-understanding are obvious by their calculations, postures or a kind of personality expressing something called an oscillating psychology. That is a wonderful Kashmiri term I learned a few months ago. It was in a document based on a nondualist teaching from about 1800 years ago.

Those that get it are just open to the mystery. Those that don't see are like those whose concrete observations don't tally with inconceivability.

Whether or not people have an affinity with the mysteries and have gained entry or not isn't my problem. All the arguments contrary to selfless knowledge by the deluded aren't going to change that fact. That I do not go along with such people isn't my problem either— it's my responsibility.

C'est la vie.❤

ed note: typo in 10th paragraph

A lotus flower would be a fool to belittle mud.

To Realize Enlightenment by Nan Huaijin, trans. by J.C. Cleary, pg. 155

"...What people who have awakened to the Path by illuminating mind and seeing true nature attain is fundamental wisdom. But they do not necessarily have differentiating wisdom. They can see inherent nature. But to be able to function from inherent nature, and to be able to perfect all merits and achievements -- that is really not easy."

Thanks to SJ for the above recent post in another thread.

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 3

Hi Vous❤

Projecting and receiving what goes around and comes around is not what I do~ but that is fine for anyone who wishes to to so. Especially you!!!!!!❤❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤❤ ❤ ❤!!! hahahaha!!❤❤

I don't because I have no desire to help the tao. Karma is karma~ good or bad. Enlightening being is a state of no karma.

If you send "good", then one has to deal with "good". It still must be worked through. Enlightenment destroys karma, all of it, without remainder.

Hell-fire or showers of flowers are equal. All things are created and must go through their cycles of birth and death.

I say, bring it on~ In fact, negative situations are somewhat easier to deal with because we are naturally on guard in these situations. Agreeable situations represent more difficult environments to maintain an equanimous and disciplined continuity of observation.

I am in a position to guide those who are ready to be utterly independent. Those who need help are not my responsibility.

Some people are suited to the horizontal. For others, only the vertical will suffice.

Austere and unequivocally unattached is the home of nothing-whatsoever. This is my home, chegg …I know you can appreciate that. There is no buddha past present or future who can touch me here. That is not a matter of separateness. Reality is a single mass of fire. This is the real human with no status that has always been aglow. It is not a person and has no location. Those that can recognize or aspire to this and are being true to themselves are potential illuminates. I can deal with that. That's what I do because this is where I am. This is who I am.

Flowers fall and hell freezes over …ultimately, they are the same in that they change. It doesn't matter to me as the love of the uncreate is inconceivability itself. Reality has no equal; just this is already your own mind. You do what is your predilection, chegg.

Whatever it is… it's yummy!!❤

• Like 1

Thanks Deci,

That is some nice info to think about. All I would add is the point that the majority of humanity, either consciously or unconsciously, take on Karma in order to gain experiences (enhancing the soul so to speak).

When the cup is 'full', he cries out, takes the red pill and the prodigal son begins on his long journey back home.

Bless you Deci

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by chegg

We really cannot talk about this much further, as it is beyond your ability to deal with in effective terms, chegg. Humanity is bound to the rounds of birth and death. Salvation is freedom from birth and death by virtue of seeing one's nature. I don't care about humanity inasmuch as I care about reality and those whose virtue enables them to see it. I'll trust you and humanity to deal with humanity's future. Enlightening being has no future. Immediate presence is all there has ever been in terms of reality.

One does not stop working with karma in the aftermath of sudden enlightenment. There is a real mystery and being nice is not a means for entry into the inconceivable. The audacity of sudden realization is the knowledge of no-self. Those who see their nature see that a soul is nonexistent. All these ideas relative to self are far from the reality of nonduality seen by enlightening beings.

Karma and Suchness are the same. Did I say I do not experience anything? Please do not speak for humanity on my account. Karma is accrued by virtue of ignorant action. Karma is obviated on account of seeing reality as is. Being nice is nice, little more. That's good for you, it seems, for now. We all have out tasks to see through to completion. Do yours well.

When nothing is outside or inside oneself and all is the same without a hairsbreadth of difference in terms of self and other, there is no fullness or emptiness to speak of.

Autonomy is an eye; stillness and movement is circumstances. The world is not a thing outside of oneself to fix. It's perfect.

People need to see their nature and develop the Dharma-eye of Tathagatas.

Inconceivability is not the realm of convention. Enlightening beings are not within the realm of convention; neither are they outside the conventional in terms of function. They don't keep precepts and they don't break them either.

If not for the false, there would be no way to find the true. Karma is the means of effective evolution, whether or not one goes along with creation or follows the tao in reverse is up to oneself alone.

Dealing with negativity in terms of its relative is a dualistic practice suited for those whose understanding is commensurate with that kind of practice. Those who then are able to work with essence directly, there are only circumstances to adapt to without regard to outcomes. Reality is a perennial result beyond changes wherein inconceivability matches relativity. Enlightening beings have learned to see this and keep to the inconceivable inherent within the relative.

As I said earlier, Suchness and karmic evolution are the same. One is experienced by ordinary people and the other is experienced by those who have learned to follow the function of the tao in reverse. That is all I can say about it.

As such, it does not matter whether one experiences positive or negative as the two extremes are what they are. The polarity is relative, and enlightening being is not keyed to relative judgements. Adapting to conditions is effectively impersonal and one is only geared for the struggle in order to let the spirit flow freely, regardless of outcomes.

• Like 1

Thanks Deci,

I understand everything you have said in your last post ! I have a few more off-topic questions you might want to tackle. Like what are your thoughts on the afterlife? The idea of salvation ? Maintaining your awareness at the point of death ? What guarantees the continuation of consciousness ? Where do you think you'll end up ?

We can leave these questions for another thread. :)

Bless you Deci.

Edited by chegg

Wow Chegg~ suuuucch a high-maintainance bum— and you see these things too!!❤❤

There is no death. This life is an illusion too. The transition between this world and the other is seamless. Mind is one. True reality is empty; not void. Reality is one; whether absolute or temporal, sameness is inconceivable. See reality in this life and you see forever and live long. Your awareness is a veneer… best to see through it asap before you die. After you die, it's too late. Your awareness is dependent on words alone. It is a fact. To forget words is the finest recommendation!

Salvation is freedom from birth and death by virtue of seeing one's nature in this life. Enlightening being has no future— it is only now.

Nurturing energy, forget words and guard it.

Conquer mind, do nondoing.

In activity and quietude, know the source progenitor.

There is no thing; whom else do you seek?

These are the first four lines of Ancestor Lu's "One Hundred-Character Tablet".

It closes with…

Having drunk the wine of longevity,

you wander free; who can know you?

You sit and listen to the stringless tune,

you clearly understand the mechanism of creation.

The whole of these twenty verses

is a ladder straight to heaven.

Where do I think I'll end up?

I have already ended up. The result is perpetual. There is only nondoing. Only waiting to die …or rather, ready to die.

How wonderful when Death frees this skin-bag…❤

• Like 2

Thank you Deci,

That is a nice way to think of the transition. I recently posted a point of view that those who reach a very high state of consciousness (one of the most high) after death, come to the realization that they actually prefer to return in order to serve their fellow human beings. (http://thetaobums.com/topic/31213-christian-mysticism/page-14).

Perhaps there is a chance that you might be coming back to serve your beloved humanity :) I can see it now....... "Deci's 10 step guide to liberation" a No.1 best seller 20 years in a row, now available in paperback. You could help/save millions !

Don't you reckon that returning amongst humanity to give service would be more wonderful and more to do with God's love than waiting to die and releasing the 'skin bag' ? (no need to answer, I think I know what you're going to say)

Bless you Deci

Edited by chegg

That is a nice way to think of the transition. I recently posted a point of view that those who reach a very high state of consciousness (one of the most high) after death, come to the realization that they actually prefer to return in order to serve their fellow human beings. (http://thetaobums.com/topic/31213-christian-mysticism/page-14).

Don't you reckon that returning amongst humanity to give service would be more wonderful and more to do with God's love than waiting to die and releasing the 'skin bag' ? (no need to answer, I think I know what you're going to say)

I am attracted by the bodhisattva ideal myself, but I am not so sure that it works as they hoped it would. There have been large numbers of Mahayana/Vajrayana practitioners for centuries. One would then expect that by this time there would be at least a few hundred mahasiddhis walking around keeping things in shape. I don't see this. I think that tendencies reincarnate, not people. People are illusions. Dharmas are like memes. Dharmas 'reincarnate' for certain.

• Like 1

I am attracted by the bodhisattva ideal myself, but I am not so sure that it works as they hoped it would. There have been large numbers of Mahayana/Vajrayana practitioners for centuries. One would then expect that by this time there would be at least a few hundred mahasiddhis walking around keeping things in shape. I don't see this. I think that tendencies reincarnate, not people. People are illusions. Dharmas are like memes. Dharmas 'reincarnate' for certain.

People being illusions, according to you, how then can you realistically expect to see a few hundred mahasiddhas walking around keeping things in shape? In the eyes of a true mahasiddha, not a single thing is out of shape. Get it?

late edit ~ added a missing word.

Edited by C T
  • Like 1

A true buddhist mahasiddha is also a bodhisattva mahasattva. In keeping with the spontaneously liberated mind of one who has transcended even the subtlest tendencies of dualistic views, he or she manifests the mind of enlightenment thusly:

When bodhisattvas enter into a house, they arouse bodhicitta, thinking "May all sentient beings attain the city of liberation."  Similarly, When they go to sleep, they attain the dharmakaya of the buddhas.  When they dream, they realize that all dharmas are like a dream.  When they awake, they awaken from ignorance.  When they arise, they attain the body of buddhahood.  When they kindle a fire, the fuel of the kleshas is burned.  When it blazes, the fire of wisdom blazes.  When they move, they attain the amrita of wisdom.  When they eat food, theyattain the food of samadhi.  When they go forth, they are liberated from the city ofsamsara.  When they descend stairs, they are entering samsara to benefit sentient beings.  When they open a door, they open the gates to the city of liberation.  Whenthey shut a door, they shut the gates of the lower realms.  When they set out on a path they tread the path of the noble ones.  When they go upwards, they bring all sentient beings into the happiness of the celestial realms.  When they descend, they cut the continuity of the three lower realms.  When they meet sentient beings, they meet buddhas.  When they step forward, they are going to do benefit for sentient beings.  When they lift sentient beings,  they are bringing them out of samsara.  Ifthey see persons who possesses ornaments, they will attain the major and minor marks.  If they see persons without ornaments, they will possess the qualities of purity.  If they see a full vessel, it is filled with buddha qualities.  If they seean empty one, faults are emptied.  If they see people rejoicing, they will rejoice in the Dharma.  If they see them sad, they will be sad about compounded things.  If they see happy sentient beings, they will attain the happiness of buddhahood.  If they see sufferings, all the sufferings of sentient beings will be pacified.  If they see sickness, there will be liberation from sickness. If they see returning of kindness, they are returning the kindness of all the buddhas and bodhisattvas. If they see it is not acknowledged, they are not acknowledging wrong views as kindness. If they see disputes, they can eliminate all the disputes of the fathers. If they see praise, all the buddhas and bodhisattvas are praised.  If they see discussions about the Dharma, the confidence of the buddhas is attained.  If they see bodily form, they see all the buddhas without obscuration.  If they see a stupa, they become a stupa for all sentient beings. If they see merchants, they will attain the seven aryan riches.  If they see homage, they arouse bodhicitta, thinking, "May the world along with its gods attain the non-manifestation of the center at the crown of the head.
Edited by C T
  • Like 1

People being illusions, according to you, how then can you realistically expect to see a few hundred mahasiddhas walking around keeping things in shape? In the eyes of a true mahasiddha, not a single is out of shape. Get it?

Because these illusionary selves, which could be compared to a blank being wearing a mask of enlightenment, could come back. Perhaps mahasiddhi is a bad choice of words, but the bodhisattva vow speaks of reaching high stages of enlightenment and returning again and again. One would expect these beings to accrue over the years.

If not a single thing is out of shape - why would one make a bodhisattva vow? The vow assumes that there are limitless suffering beings who need help.

Edited by Songtsan
  • Like 1