Vitalii

Daily timetable of the Quanzhen retreat

MTV Youth.

You seem to think that this describes me in some fashion, and you seem to think that "MTV youth" in some way originated something -- you keep throwing this phrase about this way.

Isimsiz Biri, you smell like a Buddhist to me, are you Buddhist?

I have great respect for Zen Buddhism as I always stated before.

I am a devout Muslim and a humble server of God Almighty. I believe and say that "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is Server and Messenger of Allah." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahadah)

~~~~~~~ Mod Warning ~~~~~~~~~

Isimsiz Biri personal insults are against the forum rules, we are now in discussion about what further action will be taken, please do not continue to post insults or you will be suspended

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go ahead, make my day.

~~~~~Mod message~~~~

Isimsiz Bizi it is really disappointing to see you continuing to post insults right after warnings and suspensions.

You are a previously banned member and moderators have been in communication with you for months since your return.

Treat the members here with respect

Do not post personal insults

Let me be very clear.

No more warnings.

Next time it's a one month suspension.

~~~~~Mod message~~~~~

• Like 2

I am a devout Muslim and a humble server of God Almighty. I believe and say that "There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is Server and Messenger of Allah."

:blink: ROFL

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

~~~~~~ mod message ~~~~~~

Starjumper I realize you have been directly insulted in this thread.

But please do not reply back with insults

Isimsiz Biri has been clearly told he will be suspended for a month for his next insult

~~~~~ Mod message ~~~~~

• Like 1

Out of interest and as an attempt to get the thread back on track.

Vitalli, are there any particularly unique aspects of Quanzhen you can tell us about? What does it do particularly well?

• Like 5

Out of interest and as an attempt to get the thread back on track.

Vitalli, are there any particularly unique aspects of Quanzhen you can tell us about? What does it do particularly well?

At the moment, I hold retreat in Kiev, so I can reply you a little later :)

• Like 2

~~~~~~ mod message ~~~~~~

Starjumper I realize you have been directly insulted in this thread.

But please do not reply back with insults

Isimsiz Biri has been clearly told he will be suspended for a month for his next insult

~~~~~ Mod message ~~~~~

The insult didn't bother me, I was just doing a little trolling there ... with not one name calling in it, pretty good for me. But I'll delete that post and send it to him in a PM.

pretty good for me.

I do apriciate your restraint under provocation

Personally I wouldn't send a pm :)

• Like 4

~~~~~Mod message~~~~

Isimsiz Bizi it is really disappointing to see you continuing to post insults right after warnings and suspensions.

You are a previously banned member and moderators have been in communication with you for months since your return.

Treat the members here with respect

Do not post personal insults

Let me be very clear.

No more warnings.

Next time it's a one month suspension.

~~~~~Mod message~~~~~

Mal Stainkey,

You will definitely ban me because you already decided to do it.

I REALLY DO NOT CARE.

In my opinion, Quanzhen and its branches pay a great attention to the cultivation of Inner heart nature. Nowadays, many people want to know different exercises, such as body work and Qi work, but if they do not cultivate inner heart nature, it can lead to a growth of ego but not to spiritual development. Therefore, although Quanzhen and its branches use the principle of dual cultivation of Xing and Ming, Xing cultivations inhere are more important than Ming.
At first, a person needs to clear heart and cultivate virtue. In Zhen Dao, for this purpose students follow the instructions, which are described in 太上老君说百病 "Taishan Lao Jun Talks About The One Hundred Diseases" and 老君崇百药 "Taishan Lao Jun Glorifies The One Hundred Medicines".
Also, all methods of Qi work contain Xing aspect that allows to transform a usual Qi training into spirit development. This is very important, because some people consider if they cultivate Qi, then spirit development will happen automatically. It is a big mistake.
  • Like 2

Thank you. I'm not familiar with Lao Jun but a practice without a strong dharma/heart/moral tradition is like a stool missing a leg.

• Like 2

Thank you. I'm not familiar with Lao Jun but a practice without a strong dharma/heart/moral tradition is like a stool missing a leg.

There's a saying in Spanish I heard that I'll translate for you.

"If a person needs religion to be good then that person is not good, they are like a trained dog." (this happens to fit Taoist philosophy rather well, don't you think?)

Therefore in some traditions, they never tell you to 'be good'. Instead they only accept people if they already are intrinsically 'good', or, if they have a flaw or two they are expected to learn the Way by observing how the master treats people.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

"If a person needs religion to be good then that person is not good, they are like a trained dog." (this happens to fit Taoist philosophy rather well, don't you think?)

there are no such words in the "Taishan Lao Jun Talks About The One Hundred Diseases" or "Taishan Lao Jun Glorifies The One Hundred Medicines".

Edited by Vitalii

Therefore in some traditions, they never tell you to 'be good'. Instead they only accept people if they already are intrinsically 'good', or, if they have a flaw or two they are expected to learn the Way by observing how the master treats people.

So its impossible for a religious person to be good according to that definition? Are you throwing all moral teaching out because its teaching? Seems silly, in my opinion. I think Taoism is filled with dharmic talks course I see dharma lectures as including moral instructions, philosophy and life lessons. I'd agree moral teachings have to go beyond a list of do's and don'ts but that's what good dharma/heart/moral traditions do.

Crazy things come up in life and its good to get advice from past sages. Should everyone who listens to past wisdom be labeled a dog? Sounds more like egotism the taoism.

Taoism has a different take on Good, but it includes dharmic talks on morality and Te, different flavor but really the same thing. To say otherwise would be to throw out 1/4 of the Tao Te Ching.

Lastly I'd rather have some asshole not steal, rape and kill because he's 'told' not to by a religion then to steal, rape and kill because he considers himself a free agent doing what feels. Doubtlessly its better to not do wrong because of an internalized understanding. I don't think we're necessarily born with it. Getting there often comes from repeated listening/discussion from the wise, such as dharmic/moral/heart talks.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

That's for sure, well said.

there are no such words in the "Taishan Lao Jun Talks About The One Hundred Diseases" or "Taishan Lao Jun Glorifies The One Hundred Medicines".

I'm sorry I don't know about that literature, but I will say this. That I was being idealistic there, maybe egocentric too because what I said was reflecting on my own lineage.

Another thing it says in the TTC is that the good man is the teacher of the bad man, and according to Lao Tzu only one in a hundred is a 'good' man, right? the rest are Confucian =)

So if you're willing to take on those bad boys then good of you, I'm too much of a wuss. Also if a good person is a teacher of bad persons, and I don't teach bad persons, then that must mean I'm not a good person, even though I do it to teach good persons . ... it appears philosophy is inconclusive :D

Edited by Starjumper

全真清規 (Pure Regulations of Quanzhen) - 1436~1449

Vitalii....

Would you please cite the above document for me. I need it for reference in the Cultivation of the Mind thread. Thanks. :)

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Vatilii....

Would you please cite the above document for me. I need it for reference in the Cultivation of the Mind thread. Thanks. :)

全真清規

:)

Edited by Vitalii
  • Like 1

Vitalii...
Thank you...!!!

Have I seen the English translation somewhere in one of your threads? Do you mind find it for me. Thanks again... :)
 一、犯國法遣出。

二、偷盜財物遺送尊長者,燒毀衣鉢罰出。

三、說是談非、擾堂鬧眾者,竹篦罰出。
  四、酒色財氣食葷,但犯一者罰出。
  五、奸猾慵狡、嫉姤欺瞞者罰出。
  六、猖狂驕傲、動不隨眾者罰齋。
  七、高言大語、作事躁暴者罰香。
  八、說怪事戲言、無故出菴門者罰油。
  九、幹事不專、奸猾慵懶者罰茶。
  十、犯事輕者並行罰拜。

Edited by ChiDragon

Vitalii...

Thank you...!!!

Have I seen the English translation somewhere in one of your threads? Do you mind find it for me. Thanks again... :)

一、犯國法遣出。

二、偷盜財物遺送尊長者,燒毀衣鉢罰出。

三、說是談非、擾堂鬧眾者,竹篦罰出。

四、酒色財氣食葷,但犯一者罰出。

五、奸猾慵狡、嫉姤欺瞞者罰出。

六、猖狂驕傲、動不隨眾者罰齋。

七、高言大語、作事躁暴者罰香。

八、說怪事戲言、無故出菴門者罰油。

九、幹事不專、奸猾慵懶者罰茶。

十、犯事輕者並行罰拜。

sorry, but I can not find where it was.

• Like 1