Wells

Immortality: Yin & Yang or Pure Yang ?!

Here is a video on the method by which yin and yang can be fused:

How would it be possble to be Yang and not to be imbalanced.

Because the matter of our physical body itself is yin, the animating force and energy is yang.

We are yang beings because of the energy that animates us but we lose that at death unless we've developed our yin spirit to a great enough degree and impregnated it with an equal amount of yang energy.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

I don't hanker for immortality so a lot of what is discussed toward that end is way over my head.

I do see in my practice how important yin is toward being able to listen, feel, and absorb. Yin is good.

Would real yin yang interaction be similar to what happens when the inside of a drum reaches a temperature colder lower than the surrounding temperature and sweats? Or vice versa?

I am always curious about this subject.

The way i understand it {which may be BS} is that genuine Immortality, fuses the two immortal 'souls' together so that they don't separate after death, which is what usually happens.

You see who we are is made up of the various 'souls' not just one of them.

The hun, is like the 'spirit' in western alchemy. It is rational, and cognitive, but it does not have memory. This is the part that travels from life to life, without memory. Its more 'yang'...

The Po is like the 'soul' in western alchemy, and is more like our word 'psyche' than some ways we may use the word 'soul'. It can become a wandering ghost after death, as it has memories but not much Intelligence. This is why some ghosts just do whatever the human did, over and over, and dont seem to grow much, or really change much. It is more Yin in nature...

in 'some' Western alchemy at least, the goal is to fuse them together. Otherwise they separate and that is the end of us, as we are...

True Immortality requires memory, and awareness/rationality, or Hun and Po...

But who is to say what happens to the denser heavier emotions/memories and the Po/Soul that holds them during emotional purification, forgiveness and so on...

The unconscious becomes conscious as we work on ourselves. This is an aspect of alchemy. Even 'automatic' 'unconscious' bodily processes slowly become conscious and controllable by the adept over time...

Is this the Yin nature becoming more yang? I don't know, but I wish to find out :)

• Like 6

The way i understand it {which may be BS} is that genuine Immortality, fuses the two immortal 'souls' together so that they don't separate after death, which is what usually happens.

You see who we are is made up of the various 'souls' not just one of them.

The hun, is like the 'spirit' in western alchemy. It is rational, and cognitive, but it does not have memory. This is the part that travels from life to life, without memory. Its more 'yang'...

The Po is like the 'soul' in western alchemy, and is more like our word 'psyche' than some ways we may use the word 'soul'. It can become a wandering ghost after death, as it has memories but not much Intelligence. This is why some ghosts just do whatever the human did, over and over, and dont seem to grow much, or really change much. It is more Yin in nature...

The way I learned it, the hun are the celestial souls and the po the earthly souls. The hun tend towards pre-heaven and the po towards post-heaven. This is why the po stay in the earthly realm after death and dissolve over time (as they are related to the elements). The hun can go towards the celestial realms, which the po can not. In different sects techniques (magic) exists to do the more consciously. This way a person can conctact "heaven" (in the Daoist sense) directly. This is only a property of the hun though.

• Like 2

Its more like this when you transmute your jing to chi and chi into shen or steam....

is the steam yin or yang?

it is a higher state of chi. Which is shen this shen transmutes into the tao chi.

You could say at one stage the jing is the elixir at the next stage the chi is the elixir and then the shen.

the body follows the chi the chi follows the mind the mind follows the shen the shen follows the tao.

• Like 2

The way I learned it, the hun are the celestial souls and the po the earthly souls. The hun tend towards pre-heaven and the po towards post-heaven. This is why the po stay in the earthly realm after death and dissolve over time (as they are related to the elements). The hun can go towards the celestial realms, which the po can not. In different sects techniques (magic) exists to do the more consciously. This way a person can conctact "heaven" (in the Daoist sense) directly. This is only a property of the hun though.

Hmm. This is the normal scheme of things, from what little I understand is not what happens in Immortality.

Other traditions talk like this as well. The Ba {Egyptian}, Soul {Western Alchemy}, Unihipili {Kahuna}, Daena {Persia}, Ti bon Ange {Voodoo}, and a whole list of others, all describe the aspect of us that separates off from its spirit counterpoint after death. In all the descriptions this is the part of us that houses memory, our more creative side, unconscious like processes, and most of our personality.

In other words without it, we are not who we are. Death either quickly or slowly, rips the rational cognitive intelligence out of our personality leaving both sides 'less' and leaving 'us' no more...

This is found in Mystery teaching all over the world, and it is considered a disaster, and the waste of a lifetime. Teachings are aimed at learning how to fuse these two together so that our poor Po/Ba/Soul doesn't get disconnected from the spirit, then wander for a while and slowly dissipate.

Without the Po, you are not you.

Edited by Seth Ananda
  • Like 5

yup, sometimes for the better

we wouldn't want the heavens populated by half-wit dick-head immortals now would we (if they were, then i see no difference between our plane and the next, so no reason to strive for it, right?), hence high fences that keep guard to these mysteries :D

me, if i find any taobums mopai trollers in heavens, i know i'm outta there!

In other words without it, we are not who we are. Death either quickly or slowly, rips the rational cognitive intelligence out of our personality leaving both sides 'less' and leaving 'us' no more...

• Like 1

"There is an Eastern tale which speaks about a very rich magician who had a great many sheep. But at the same time this magician was very mean. He did not want to hire shepherds, nor did he want to erect a fence about the pasture where his sheep were grazing. The sheep consequently often wandered into the forest, fell into ravines, and so on, and above all they ran away, for they knew that the magician wanted their flesh and skins and this they did not like.

"At last the magician found a remedy. He hypnotized his sheep and suggested to them first of all that they were immortal and that no harm was being done to them when they were skinned, and that, on the contrary, it would be very good for them and even pleasant; secondly he suggested that the magician was a good master who loved his flock so much that he was ready to do anything in the world for them; and in the third place he suggested to them that if anything at all were going to happen to them it was not going to happen just then... at any rate not that day, and therefore they had no need to think about it.

Further the magician suggested to his sheep that they were not sheep at all; to some of them he suggested that they were lions, to others that they were eagles, to others that they were men, and to others that they were magicians.

"And after this all his cares and worries about the sheep came to an end. They never ran away again but quietly awaited the time when the magician would require their flesh and skins.

"This tale is a very good illustration of man's position."

• Like 1

So the one important thing to take away from all of this is that the energy that all these über masters are using isn't really theirs. They increase by pulling in an external energy. I don't have a degree in mopology so...ya know..jus sayin.

So the one important thing to take away from all of this is that the energy that all these über masters are using isn't really theirs. They increase by pulling in an external energy. I don't have a degree in mopology so...ya know..jus sayin.

Your body isn't really yours. You stole it. Killed other living beings and ate their dead bodies and assimilated them into you. Plants used solar energy, soil, water, air, etc to store it away in the first place.

Your body isn't really yours. You stole it. Killed other living beings and ate their dead bodies and assimilated them into you. Plants used solar energy, soil, water, air, etc to store it away in the first place.

Plants sure. There's a hierarchy to the Kingdom. Things here on Earth are to sustain is so that we can grow. Not the way we are growing now of course. We aren't much different than a virus in our current state. What my post was meant to do was bring us back down to reality. No matter how many levels you gain you will never be God. This immortality obsession is us wanting to be God. IMuneducatedO.