Sign in to follow this  
sean

Three nice things

In this thread, I propose that we take a moment to write three nice things about someone or something in our recent past that we initially thought, felt and/or acted negatively towards.

The format is:

Brief, factual, journalist style description of the original challenge

Three things that you appreciate and/or are grateful for about that situation

That's it. Anything less that 100% positivity is getting moved. I am putting the smack down on my own little positivity thread! :) In an often cynical world let's create a positive thread that shows how easy it is to change our vibration. About anything or anyone on any scale of negativity. A job that you wanted but didn't get, crappy service at your local post office, death in the family, long winded disagreements with fellow Tao Bums *cough cough*.

Recent threads involving the latter actually inspired this post. In that spirit I'll go first and do this exercise on two people I had recent tiffs with here.

darebak: Issue: Differing views on some stuff

1) You seem like a kind person that makes an effort to refrain from insulting others

2) I respect how passionate you seem about finding and studying authentic Taoism in it's original cultural context.

3) I imagine you are probably a fun Dad and you obviously love your kid, making him your avatar and whatnot.

SeanD - Issue: Differing views on some stuff

1) I think it's pretty amazing how dedicated you are to your chosen teachers and path. You seem like you could be a very loyal person for someone to have as a friend, once they have earned your respect and trust.

2) I also respect how passionate you seem about finding and studying an authentic path.

3) Even though we often come at spirituality from apparently very different angles, I do appreciate your emphasis on important virtues along the path such as commitment and dedication.

Alright, my turn is over. Now it's your turn. Get to work! Don't make me beat the positivity out of you bitches! And hey, if this goes over well, next we will get in a circle holding hands and sing Kumbaya. ;)

Sean

Okay, I'll go (SeanD raises his hand and steps into the circle of loving Taobums, who all return his big toothy grin with smiles of encouragement; soft guitar music is being played and this, of course, is taking place around a fire at some old farmhouse that was converted into an ashram in the 70's and is now a summer camp where thirty/forty somethings come to have touchy feely workshops and look at eachothers butt during the yoga workshop)

1. Pat: Issue: Personality clash/difference in beliefs

Pat, you are a big hearted guy who has a gift for sharing, perhaps do to your Irish (Just guessing) heritage. You have shown me what a reactive noodle head I can be. I'll keep that lesson.

2. Yoda: Issue: Huge personality clash/Starwars character envy

Yoda, you took Yoda as your screen indentity. This deeply offended me because I wanted to be Yoda and no one can be Yoda but you now because you got him first. Your good quality is that you are quick on the draw and got a good screen identity that is very cool. I'm over it now and just want to be friends.

Edited by seandenty

1. sean omlor is really hot

2. and he does really good web design and graphics work

3. oh and he writes these really kick-ass long posts quoting tons of people every once in a while

Sean O: issue: you dont post enough, and I was missing you...

1) when you are around, you post good stuff and bring people together

2) you started posting more recently

3) you dont need to post here for us to feel your presence

Sean D: issue: you infuriated me like my little cousin used to...

1) I learnt that I do still get drawn into drama, and it's ok coz everyone does...

2) you made me realise how much my head hurts if I read pointless stuff on the computer.

3) I love my little cousin, and I also love you.

Father Paul: issue: you've barely been around since you got confronted for being so non-dual

1) I appreciated how you used words.

2) I enjoyed the fresh, empty confusion you created in the midst of all this 'knowing'

3) I hope you realise you're very welcome here.

4) Plus you're like the only guy at school who has a mustache...

that was far too much niceness in one go...

I'm off to to punch a puppy really hard...

Woof! Deep breath...

It's good we didn't get that flat on the Iffley Road, because someone else will enjoy it, and we may well find somewhere even better and it helped us to realise that we are willing to pay a little bit more for somewhere nice.

It's good that my colleagues are skiving loads of hours and leaving me to do more work, because I have had to acknowledge that I have done exactly the same before, and will do the same again, and I am being forced to think about other points of view than my own. And besides, they deserve it, as will I.

It's good that I can't think of anything more drastic to have been pissed off about. Period.

Edited by Ian

It's good that I can't think of anything more drastic to have been pissed off about. Period.

oh man - I can!

and now that you mention it I often get pissed of by my girlfriend's period...

but I'm glad because it lets me learn more about emotion. and lets me be centered and grounded while the storms of emotion blow all around...

I'm glad I get so pissed off so often - because now I realise I do - before I was unconscious to it. Being pissed off and venting it lets me get under it and find the deep sadness that fuels it - I knew about the sadness, but not the anger... I'm glad I'm aware of this sadness as I can be present and conscious and sad and angry and be fine...

now that helpless kitten's gonna get it :angry:

ok this may be a good thing to try...

Isues (I'll keep to the site for now...)

Misunderstandings on the forum,

Lozen

1 you are a peace-maker of great value to yr fellow (ever erring) humans

2 even though everyone says you are very beautiful, you are demure and do not flash yr tatas as others have done (now guys this IS a good thing here)

3 you manage to stay with this pack of testosterone driven seekers and do the job that women have done forever -you help to civilize the manfolk.

Sean D

1 you are a dedicated student of Taoism and a staunch ally of the truth as you see it

2 you (as Teddy Roosivelt before you) dont give a rats ass about spelling.

3 you are a person who shares what he knows as best he can, with the same dedication that you bring to your studies

father Paul

1 you confound some of us into thinking

2 you amuse the hell out of some of us quite often

3 you always tell the truth as you know it

To these & all the rest of you Bums I have come to feel an abounding love and respect for each of you. It is not an easy task we've set ourselves to and any of the processes, systems and quests that we make our own is sacred.

So I hope that your lessons to me have sunk in and I am becoming more able to accept and question without any dismissive attitude built on my analysis that is (and no matter how much I learn will remain) at best partial...

Partial being a very useful word in this context...

Thanks once again Sean O. You da man!

Cameron keeps posting You Tube links to Adyashanti:

1) My overtaxed broadband network constantly has to buffer forcing me to listen to Adyashanti for 10 seconds, wait for 20 seconds or so to hear another 10 seconds ect. etc. etc.

2) Having to google Adyashanti and go through his website

3) Having to read all 20-30 of the written teachings, and then ponder. However any buffering issues at this point are not a result of my broadband network but my limited brainpower!

Pietro and the whole sheep f**cking on a motorcycle urban legend:

1) For all the years I've been riding, I've never f**cked anything on a motorcycle, in a sick way I am jealous.

2) That's all

no issues :P (hope this smiley belongs to the 100% positive category !?! :lol: )

Edited by sunshine

Sign in to follow this