eye_of_the_storm

Men and Dinosaurs

I could go all over the place with numerous responses to that but I think I will just leave it alone.

That is very wise ... for in many places there be dragons.

I think that Buddhist Monk is going to cause that tiger to get fat a lazy. I think they should let it run free now and then and allow it to play tag with the kids.

That is very wise ... for in many places there be dragons.

I believe in only Chinese Dragons. They are nice Dragons. We Westerners got the Dragon myth all screwed up. Eating maidens! Come on now.

The two arguments aren't equal in strength.

Arguments rarely are.

Relying on preponderance is a well established method - as long as the foundations are kept in mind.

Nice to see you, Stosh (-:

That totally makes a much better story than asteroids :lol:

Yeah, but playing the name game with asteroids is fun. It is an asteroid as long as it stayes out of our space. If it gets into our atmosphere it becomes a meteor. If it doesn't burn up entering our atmosphere and some of it hits the Earth it becomes a meteorite.

What was it? The Eskimos have over a dozen names for snow.

I believe in only Chinese Dragons. They are nice Dragons. We Westerners got the Dragon myth all screwed up. Eating maidens! Come on now.

Western or Chinese this thread drags on.

• Like 1

equality and equivalence are 2 different things, not saying that i am making any point with that.

how does one determine if bones are tame or wild?

a chinese dragon would never eat a maiden?

cmon now

drags on. intended pun?

be advised there may be a bit of synchronicity with that there be dragons remark :ph34r:

equality and equivalence are 2 different things, not saying that i am making any point with that.

how does one determine if bones are tame or wild?

a chinese dragon would never eat a maiden?

cmon now

drags on. intended pun?

be advised there may be a bit of synchronicity with that there be dragons remark :ph34r:

Duh! yes!

• Like 1

There are a few researchers that are attempting to clone certain extinct species such as the woolly mammoth and some dinosaur species. I am putting my order in now. :lol:

• Like 1

Western or Chinese this thread drags on.

Well, we have to drag it because it is too heavy to pick up and carry.

There are a few researchers that are attempting to clone certain extinct species such as the woolly mammoth and some dinosaur species. I am putting my order in now. :lol:

I saw a documentary a while back and there is one institution that is working with chickens and at the time of the doc. they had grown a tail on a chicken as well as grown teeth in its beak.

I expect the mammoth before too long as they have frozen flesh they are working with. Should be lots of usable DNA there. Dinosaurs will be a little more difficult but still possible because of reverse DNA engineering.

i am sure that the woolly mammoth will love global warming

or else the dinosaurs might. if there could be a return of the ice age---

then woolly mammoth and dinosaur could roam free once more

You cannot prove a negative, least of all with the ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE.

Granted: UNTIL such a time that living dinosaurs are discovered, there is no sense in proclaiming it. but until there is proof that they have, in fact, been eradicated, it is not wrong or illogical to suspect they could still exist.

Granted: T-rex is gone, we wont see him anymore, but they say he evolved into a chicken too... so apparently I cant argue that chickens are dinosaurs...

But crocks and gators are supposedly surviving dinosaurs. so they DO still exist... just not the megalithic Brontosaurus or huge stegosaurs...

Weather or not stegosaurs were ridden by humans or not is not arguable until either

A: evidence of tamed and ridden dinosaur bones turn up

or

B: indisputable geologic findings detail the exact fate of all the "missing dinosaurs".

even death by asteroid is still disputable. crocks obviously survived if it was an asteroid, so other waterborne and subterranean monsters could have survived as well.

Like I already explained Judo, there is evidence they arent here.

It is not that there is equally Zero evidence.

I repeat

there is evidence they arent here

so this claim of ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE is bogus.

Quit leaning on that weak phrase which doesnt apply.

You are thinking inside someone elses box.

Naughty Judo !

If I have a dozen eggs and one of them was eaten by Jane, I can see that there are only eleven eggs in the container.

If there was a twelfth egg still in there , and one presumes light travels in straight lines ( and so forth) I would see it , as long as I can see visible eggs.

For your logic to be true the egg would have to be invisible, Do you know of any chickens that have cloaking devices?

Not Cloaca-ing devices.

:)

but stosh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nevermind, i am gonna stick to art, this science stuff is for the dinosaurs,

zeros goes to work on his masterpiece, a cloaked dinosaur/woolly mammoth clone,

done in the style of pollock

oil drippings, dinosaur doo doo and chicken feathers splttered on canvas.

i will call it # 71.6

i expect it to go for about 40 million after i die

before i die i expect 42 cents at the flea market

Well, we have to drag it because it is too heavy to pick up and carry.

And Its certainly not going to get up and walk on its OWN.

• Like 1

i am sure that the woolly mammoth will love global warming

or else the dinosaurs might. if there could be a return of the ice age---

then woolly mammoth and dinosaur could roam free once more

Heck , the Mammoth isnt long extinct maybe 10000 years , ecologically, its probably still feasible to have them in places.

but stosh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,nevermind, i am gonna stick to art, this science stuff is for the dinosaurs,

zeros goes to work on his masterpiece, a cloaked dinosaur/woolly mammoth clone,

done in the style of pollock

oil drippings, dinosaur doo doo and chicken feathers splttered on canvas.

i will call it # 71.6

i expect it to go for about 40 million after i die

before i die i expect 42 cents at the flea market

I think Id buy that one!

Go ahead with the 'but Stosh ... ' Im curious

Edited by Stosh

Heck , the Mammoth isnt long extinct maybe 10000 years , ecologically, its probably still feasible to have them in places.

russia has a frozen one or 2

Really, the artists are doing a great job now-a-days with dinosaurs. I watch documentaries of them when I get the chance and some of those graphics artists have them almost to real life perfection.

Really, the artists are doing a great job now-a-days with dinosaurs. I watch documentaries of them when I get the chance and some of those graphics artists have them almost to real life perfection.

Well , I dont remember them all that well...

:)

There was one baby recovered in Siberia recently. The scientists even opened its belly to see what its last meal was.

There was one baby recovered in Siberia recently. The scientists even opened its belly to see what its last meal was.

Lemme guess , dinosaurs?