BaguaKicksAss

Is taking an entire bottle of melatonin safe?

Also strengthened you to emotions and thoughts from the past. Deleted the triggers around the experience, strengthened you to relationships (from your six life supports), and strengthened your time triad. Relationships was the first weakness in your life supports, the weakness being 'relationships' from the past.

• Like 1

Bagua, I just saw your post saying sex drains jing for you... and you are a woman.

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I strongly suggest you learn the upward draw.

You will be mightily restored by sex by so doing.

I strongly suggest you learn the upward draw.

You will be mightily restored by sex by so doing.

My first qigong teacher was saying the same thing. He has some female students who use the upward draw with a lot of health benefits. I don't know if there is any drawback to this practice.

My first qigong teacher was saying the same thing. He has some female students who use the upward draw with a lot of health benefits. I don't know if there is any drawback to this practice.

no drawback. only massive stupendous benefits.

• Like 1

Back home to my own bed, best nap ever! :) I think I used the go until you are so exhausted you are falling over suggestion this time lol. I will try a different one this evening.

I used to love travel... now not so much. I *used* to be one of those folks who could sleep on the plane etc.

I'll have to give the suggestions a go, thank you so much everyone.

As for the retention thing and sex thing, it is what each of the three of the Bagua teachers I have trained with suggested, as well as my TCM Dr. I really don't wish to go into details about my personal health, but I'll just leave it at born with horrible health and deficiencies, and huge improvements over the past few years :). Now just to balance that out with sleep somehow...

The lack of sleep thing, at least to this degree is mostly new. I think perhaps if I could turn off my thinking about work brain most of the time that would really help, dammit. Meditating at 4am is practically impossible!

• Like 1

Bagua, I cleared some spiritual experiences (karma) around sex and orgasm which I prefer not to post publicly. You're welcome to PM me for details.

• Like 1

The banners at the top of the forums are offering me a good night's sleep through some product or another lol.

My TCM doctor (who's been at it over 40 years) and one of my medical qigong teachers are both female. Of course not recommended for many women, but it has made a night and day difference for me. Keep in mind I usually only go a week or 2 when purposefully trying the no sex thing. (though once did 2 months, the qigong was pretty interesting during this time!)

A TCM friend gave me an interesting technique that involved rolling a towel with my toes, kinda neat.

Btw, if anyone who also has trouble sleeping and is curious the things which work quite often (though not during summer so much) are: Lotsa qi sinking, foot massage, the hot water thing mentioned above, eating at least a couple of hours before bed (if I'm hungry I can't sleep for some reason), not drinking my usual 2-3 litres of water per day (oh gawd please no going off telling me I'm drinking too much water now lol).

The banners at the top of the forums are offering me a good night's sleep through some product or another lol.

My TCM doctor (who's been at it over 40 years) and one of my medical qigong teachers are both female. Of course not recommended for many women, but it has made a night and day difference for me. Keep in mind I usually only go a week or 2 when purposefully trying the no sex thing. (though once did 2 months, the qigong was pretty interesting during this time!)

A TCM friend gave me an interesting technique that involved rolling a towel with my toes, kinda neat.

Btw, if anyone who also has trouble sleeping and is curious the things which work quite often (though not during summer so much) are: Lotsa qi sinking, foot massage, the hot water thing mentioned above, eating at least a couple of hours before bed (if I'm hungry I can't sleep for some reason), not drinking my usual 2-3 litres of water per day (oh gawd please no going off telling me I'm drinking too much water now lol).

BKA,

If audiobooks don't do it for you, I highly recommend centerpointe's awakening prologue tracks 1.Dive 2. Immersion. They will suck you down into a deep state of trance. You can find them on many sites, and buy it after if you really like it and feel compelled to do so.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Now the audio books thing I haven't tried yet... it would have to be a really boring book though, or I'd want to know what comes next lol. I do remember trying to listen to the Dao De Ching via audiobook once and that put me right to sleep! I think it was the monotone guy reciting it though. That was the worst book recitation I had ever heard lol. Too bad I deleted those files ;).

I like the trance idea More Pie, thanks. Hmmm, I also wonder if some trance drumming and so forth mp3s might do it. I have had more than a few times where a deep trance state turned into a nap when I didn't mean it to, hmmmm...

Actually you'd think it would have to be boring, but I've found the opposite to be true. Things I am really interested in, when I lay down and listen to them put me to sleep.

Stuff like Alan Watts is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE5OGBjtTVU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faWmi2pxNSw

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Now the audio books thing I haven't tried yet... it would have to be a really boring book though, or I'd want to know what comes next lol. I do remember trying to listen to the Dao De Ching via audiobook once and that put me right to sleep! I think it was the monotone guy reciting it though. That was the worst book recitation I had ever heard lol. Too bad I deleted those files ;).

I like the trance idea More Pie, thanks. Hmmm, I also wonder if some trance drumming and so forth mp3s might do it. I have had more than a few times where a deep trance state turned into a nap when I didn't mean it to, hmmmm...

Centerpointe is as good as it gets for inducing trance that I am aware of.

• Like 1

Did anybody mention a big turkey dinner and a box of wine?

Soy , shrimp, spirulina, and sea lion, also have significant tryptophan

:)

• Like 1

Oh btw, I found a cure.

Listen to Lorena McKennet at bedtime.

AND

No qigong in the evening

AND

If I do retention for too long, just forget the sleep and enjoy all those extra hours I have for more practice!

AND

Stop effing stressing out before travel :P. Still working on this one, might have to combine the methods suggested above for next time.

Hmm, turkey and a box of wine eh? ;) That would likely do it, though the hangover the next day...

• Like 1

Well it doesn't have to be a whole box ..that's just a Seinfeld reference that makes me chuckle

:) I'm glad you found a solution that fits you though. Little things like that make a big difference. Congrats

• Like 1

Thank you. I'd found a few solutions quite a bit ago, but have been perfecting it over time.

Also though sometimes I will go through period where I really enjoy being up for 4 hours in the middle of the night, so will let that happen naturally :). I use the time to meditate and get various cultivation practices done.

The nice part is that I can decide on one or the other now.

I found this article really interesting: http://disinfo.com/2013/08/how-our-ancestors-used-to-sleep-twice-a-night-and-highlighting-the-problem-of-present-shock/

That's odd , but it seems natural enough , If I am getting plenty of sleep I always get up to use the John , my eyes just snap open for that while and I head back to bed , eyes snapping shut again.Light on light off in a way that contrasts a bit with the night thing. I read somewhere round the 1300s it was thought unhealthy to sleep lying flat . Ok fine, but those wooden head support things look impossible to sleep with ..literally ! I can't even picture it.. and I've slept on rocks!

Oh btw, I found a cure.

. . .

No qigong in the evening

I have sleeping problems off and on. Now I am doing well. I have used melatonin which appears to help.

I would definitely agree no qigong in the evening particularly if it intentionally moving energy. But I have done some deep breathing and/or filling with no other intention and the energy arises on its own and is sometimes helpful.

Also, I have used Halosync sounds. You can listen to a sample here but it is one of many in the set but maybe you can figure a way to download it

http://mp3skull.com/mp3/holosync_the_dive.html

• Like 1