Taiji Bum

Help, I made an Alchemy mistake?

How so? Is this based on actual experience or conjecture?

Attachment to views is an important one to overcome. The elitism is some of these LSD posts clearly disqualifies the traditions as being Buddhist. Buddhism is a universal solution to suffering. Mahayana Buddhism especially, wherein one undertakes to liberate all beings from suffering. I have seen little to address this situation in any of the LSD posts. I will not comment on the validity or feasibility of LSD, but I will say that it is clearly not Buddhist. A Taoist priest once told me that Taoism is East to West and Buddhism is West to East, and it is best not the mix them. I find Buddhist practice better suited to me than Taoist--- but I won't go so far to say that Buddhism is superior.

One need not attain full enlightenment to obtain benefit from Buddhist teaching. One need not find a fully enlightened teacher to obtain benefit from Buddhist teaching. There are many levels of Buddhist teaching depending on the level of the practitioner. Many people need help with stress and negative emotions. Buddhism has a solution. Other people need help with dissolving inner boundaries that keep them in ignorance. Buddhism has a solution. I, and many others, have found that the proper teacher and teaching is provided at the proper time.

Many of your posts demonstrate a lack of knowledge about even elementary theoretical aspects of Buddhism. Perhaps you can stick to espousing your LSD and leave Buddhism out of it.

Theravada and Hinayana are somewhat limited in my view because they are dependent on interpritation people who are not enlightened, a lot is missing.

Which would logically include deeply "loving" ones too, no? Because are't romantic or parental love some of the biggest desires/attachments of all? So should beggars, lovers, family & kids all be viewed with neutrality, then? Hell, why even feel anything at all if nothing really matters? Which is what the state of non-duality feels like - a state of perfect neutrality because nothing matters...

Now, these basic questions are probably all Buddhism 101, but I think that is excusable since this is a Taoist, not Buddhist forum. :D

This is not the idea of Buddhism. Buddhism allows you to care, it gives the ability to have true compassion. You just need to get some background in these things and then it will be much clearer.

How so? Is this based on actual experience or conjecture?

Attachment to views is an important one to overcome. The elitism is some of these LSD posts clearly disqualifies the traditions as being Buddhist. Buddhism is a universal solution to suffering. Mahayana Buddhism especially, wherein one undertakes to liberate all beings from suffering. I have seen little to address this situation in any of the LSD posts. I will not comment on the validity or feasibility of LSD, but I will say that it is clearly not Buddhist. A Taoist priest once told me that Taoism is East to West and Buddhism is West to East, and it is best not the mix them. I find Buddhist practice better suited to me than Taoist--- but I won't go so far to say that Buddhism is superior.

One need not attain full enlightenment to obtain benefit from Buddhist teaching. One need not find a fully enlightened teacher to obtain benefit from Buddhist teaching. There are many levels of Buddhist teaching depending on the level of the practitioner. Many people need help with stress and negative emotions. Buddhism has a solution. Other people need help with dissolving inner boundaries that keep them in ignorance. Buddhism has a solution. I, and many others, have found that the proper teacher and teaching is provided at the proper time.

Many of your posts demonstrate a lack of knowledge about even elementary theoretical aspects of Buddhism. Perhaps you can stick to espousing your LSD and leave Buddhism out of it.

For one thing, we are primarily discussing Long Men Pai, not LSD. I formally studied Buddhism under a widely respected master for several years now, I have a very good base and know enough to know how little I know and how terribly little most do.

The simple point I was trying to make is that the traditions of Southern Asia like Theravada do not address phenomenon like the so called Rainbow body; which is actually a Taoist practice that was later adopted by Tibetan culture. The vast majority of Buddhist practice is very sound, it just has different elements depending on what culture and people you are looking at.

LSD does actually have branches that are completely Buddhist. I'm just one student of many, so you are generalizing about an entire school based on a dislike you have formulated about me based on something I wrote which you clearly don't even attempt to understand.

If you had been to China and met the masters of Lei Shan Dao, you would know that they are Chan Buddhists and that Lei Shan Dao, in at least one of it's main lines, was transmitted by Da Mo, the great Chan Patriarch and is a very effective method for liberation which is the primary goal of that system.

You may refuse to see anything other than what you want to see and hear and frame the discussion in these kind of childish and ignorant terms, but if you stop and listen to what's actually being said you might find some real value in the discussion.

Within the Long Men Pai and other lines that carry the practice of the so called Secret of The Golden Flower (actually this is a mistranslation of the actual title, which just goes to show how ignorant the vast majority of China's later scholars and practitioners truly are), there are a very objective set of skills one has to be able to master in order to progress. These have nothing what so ever to do with Lei Shan Dao. The example I gave was the ability to move the Shen out of the body, after first gaining the ability to call and hold it, and undergo a three day trial where the physical body is clinically dead. The discussion had nothing to do with Lei Shan Dao.

As usual this is totally pointless....

*smug elitist grin*

PS- Yes David is writing a book one the first part of the this practice in collaboration with Wang Liping (also a Buddhist btw), also with the full support and and backing of the Chinese government. It will be the first time that the government has openly financially backed and marketed a national qigong practice with Taoist spiritual teachings for all Chinese to practice for health and spiritual development since the cultural revolution (you can read between the lines there). It will teach the first part of the out outer teaching and it will be the first time that the actual practice has be shared openly.

As usual this is totally pointless...

No, it's not.

Plenty of people read & appreciate posts w/out posting replies. Now, and future surfers-by.

(Wish you would post links to your resources so that those sincerely inspired may pursue further.)

Sorry to speculate, but is this the same as OBEs/astral travel?

Or entirely different?

Totally different. First of all, clinically dead here means no pulse, no breath... for three days.

Most so called out of body experiences are just lucid dreams; very draining and dispurse a lot of Jing. Some people can move their Hun, but this is still completely different. To truly move the Shen takes years if not decades of training. There are also tests to see if you can really move the Shen: moving a small object with the Shen, not qi, and moving an object through a solid wall with the Shen. This ensures that the student can move his/her Shen and then safely back.

Reindeer Flight

my master told us never to practise qigong on flights/planes.

Pause. Release. Ride the airtime. Hair standing fun before a lightning storm.