Sign in to follow this  
Songtsan

Questionnaire

Answer with yes/no please:

1) If you were given the choice to kill just one person (not yourself) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

2) If you were given the choice to steal every person in the worlds most prized family heirloom (not your own stuff) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

3) If you were given the choice to engage in improper (terribly improper) sex with one 'not proper to have sex with' person (not yourself) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

4) If you were given the choice to say a terrible lie (extremely terrible), causing irreparable damage, to just one person (not yourself or anyone who knows you are lying) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

5) If you were given the choice to cause all others to engage in illicit drug use (terribly illicit, and yes yourself as well) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

6) If you were given the choice to cause two people to go to war with eachother (not yourself or anyone you know) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

7) If you were given the choice to speak ill (extremely ill) of a perfectly pure and noble person, to the point where everyone else would believe you and utterly condemn and damn that person (not yourself or anyone you know) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

8) If you were given the choice to, through savvy and cunning business practices, become owner of every material possession in the world, in such a spate of greed as to never ever share your possessions with anyone ever again no matter what, in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

9) If you were given the choice to cause the environment of the world to become a completely barren wasteland, polluted to no end, that would take thousands of years to recover in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

10) If you were given the choice to completely blow the earth up in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

Thank you for your kind participation....

Edited by Songtsan

No to all. Besides not agreeing to these choices, instant enlightenment(whatever that means) for everyone isn't the way it's supposed to go.

1) If you were given the choice to kill just one person (not yourself) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

Who? Would it be you?

2) If you were given the choice to steal every person in the worlds most prized family heirloom (not your own stuff) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

Sorry my shed is full.

3) If you were given the choice to engage in improper (terribly improper) sex with one 'not proper to have sex with' person (not yourself) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

More details please ...I can't decide.

4) If you were given the choice to say a terrible lie (extremely terrible), causing irreparable damage, to just one person (not yourself or anyone who knows you are lying) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

The moon is made of green cheese ... definite.

5) If you were given the choice to cause all others to engage in illicit drug use (terribly illicit, and yes yourself as well) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

Does this include extra strong coffee and/or cigarettes?

6) If you were given the choice to cause two people to go to war with eachother (not yourself or anyone you know) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

I have the launch codes.

7) If you were given the choice to speak ill (extremely ill) of a perfectly pure and noble person, to the point where everyone else would believe you and utterly condemn and damn that person (not yourself or anyone you know) in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

What you mean that bastard ... er yes!

8) If you were given the choice to, through savvy and cunning business practices, become owner of every material possession in the world, in such a spate of greed as to never ever share your possessions with anyone ever again no matter what, in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

I own Apple and Microsoft ... so no problem.

9) If you were given the choice to cause the environment of the world to become a completely barren wasteland, polluted to no end, that would take thousands of years to recover in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

Have you ever been to Manchester?

10) If you were given the choice to completely blow the earth up in order to magically change everyone else in the world into a fully enlightened person with all siddhis and everything you ever heard was possible, would you do it?

Blow it up? Is it a balloon?

No ... seriously ... thank you.

• Like 3

Why do you want to know?

I am considering systems of ethics...and trying to decide if I am skewed, as I would answer yes to many of them....looking at groupmind analysis...

No ... seriously ... thank you.

you are the bomb!

Umm...since you own so much, do you think you can get me a job? I'm unemployed (its why I am on here so much!)

Edited by Songtsan

No to all. Besides not agreeing to these choices, instant enlightenment(whatever that means) for everyone isn't the way it's supposed to go.

I am curious what kind of world we would have if we had Buddha world, although...they do say that everyone already has Buddha nature, so perhaps there is no reason at all for this questionnaire!

No to all of them.

If you can go some place like: http://www.near-death.com and research 50+ near death experiences you start to get a picture that we come from a place of enlightenment and we return to a place of enlightenment but we're incarnated to be tested and to learn.

• Like 1

No to all of them.

If you can go some place like: http://www.near-death.com and research 50+ near death experiences you start to get a picture that we come from a place of enlightenment and we return to a place of enlightenment but we're incarnated to be tested and to learn.

perhaps that is a key to my dilemma as I think that when we die, our 'soul' gets turned back to completely blank and all possibilities. No karma as most people generally see it, what reincarnates is tendencies. These exist only in the world. Perhaps I should focus on groupthinking this belief instead of directly on ethics- my ethics stem from my beliefs. Its the age old end justifies the means thing. Also, I am not looking to become enlightened afterwards, but instead to have as many people enlightened at this time in this place so as to end all wars here and now.

I know that if everyone were to suddenly become enlightened, war would cease, lies would cease all the world over...millions of deaths per week would end. All for the cost of killing one person, or telling one big lie, etc. This is why I would say yes to most of those (I doubt I would blow up the earth or pollute it for example).

No - to all questions.

I'm not smart enough to know if my preferences for 'the way things should be' would be the better choice for others.

I am smart enough to know that I'm not smart enough to know.

warm regards

• Like 1

1-8. Yup, but only if it applied to future generations too.

9. Yup, so long as it could support some of humanity till it recovered and this enlightenment thing applied to future generations.

10. Yup, assuming that there was another planet all of humanity etc could migrate before I blew it up.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

perhaps that is a key to my dilemma as I think that when we die, our 'soul' gets turned back to completely blank and all possibilities. No karma as most people generally see it, what reincarnates is tendencies. These exist only in the world. Perhaps I should focus on groupthinking this belief instead of directly on ethics- my ethics stem from my beliefs. Its the age old end justifies the means thing. Also, I am not looking to become enlightened afterwards, but instead to have as many people enlightened at this time in this place so as to end all wars here and now.

Near death experiences have always interested me. I was a bit off to say we all go back to enlightenment because if you research you see that many people experience hellish realms after they die as well. But in general you get a picture that we're incarnated to learn and grow and that we all originally come from an enlightened state and kind of "descend" into the realm of materiality to be tested/learn/grow/excersise-free-will.

Perhaps our definition of enlightenment is a bit different.

The world I envision is where we all realize we are all one being, like cells in a body. Where we all know beyond any shadow of a doubt that all life on earth is one organism in which we play the exact same role that the cells in our bodies do.

We would come together like neurons in a brain to contribute to a world where nothing was beyond our power.

We would become immortal and god like, and colonize the universe, and unlock every secret.

I know that if everyone were to suddenly become enlightened, war would cease, lies would cease all the world over...millions of deaths per week would end. All for the cost of killing one person, or telling one big lie, etc. This is why I would say yes to most of those (I doubt I would blow up the earth or pollute it for example).

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Perhaps our definition of enlightenment is a bit different.

The world I envision is where we all realize we are all one being, like cells in a body. Where we all know beyond any shadow of a doubt that all life on earth is one organism in which we play the exact same role that the cells in our bodies do.

We would come together like neurons in a brain to contribute to a world where nothing was beyond our power.

We would become immortal and god like, and colonize the universe, and unlock every secret.

mine too! also...I wasnt thinking we'd all be carbon copies - I was thinking it would an interconnected whole, but with different flavors, so it wouldnt be boring....the different flavors would come from different brain chemistry/neuron net shapes, but the groupmind would be fully active and on, so that we wouldnt need internet anymore - we could all communicate via telemetry....people would stop being assholes, stopping being greedy, stop killing so many cows and pigs and stuff, tearing up land for gold/diamonds/oil...all that good stuff....I would still definitely say yes to most except probably last two...I think full enlightenment will come for everyone eventually anyways...maybe 5000 years? and the earth has been around so long it would be a big waste to nuke it. Although it would be fun to watch. For exactly 1/1000th second until we all blew up too!

if the person i was killing voluntarily gave up their life to save humanity, then i would probably consider it

but i am still not certain if i would actually be able to kill them. idk...i kill roaches in my house.

i can't pretend to know (or not know :P) the answer to this question, because it isn't a real situation. i can only know how i -think- i would act, but not how i would actually act.

as for destroying the environment....well, the environment can't really consent or protest.

one of my favorite hypothetical questions is "if everyone in the world suddenly decided to commit mass-suicide, would you join them?" to which i believe i lean in the direction of "yes, i would and i would be damn happy about it" But again, i don't know if i can be sure about that

if the person i was killing voluntarily gave up their life to save humanity, then i would probably consider it

but i am still not certain if i would actually be able to kill them. idk...i kill roaches in my house.

i can't pretend to know (or not know :P) the answer to this question, because it isn't a real situation. i can only know how i -think- i would act, but not how i would actually act.

as for destroying the environment....well, the environment can't really consent or protest.

one of my favorite hypothetical questions is "if everyone in the world suddenly decided to commit mass-suicide, would you join them?" to which i believe i lean in the direction of "yes, i would and i would be damn happy about it" But again, i don't know if i can be sure about that

I would like to be the last person alive for at least a little while...so I would say no to suicide...already been there tried that a few times.

If you ever get the chance to kill one person to make buddhas, you can come find me and kill me - I volunteer

If everybody on earth was suddenly enlightened, they would suddenly become aware of other universal entities that are not enlightened and there would always always be work to be done. The nature of Enlightenment is sort of dualistic to begin with - Enlightenment and non-Enlightenment. Without the other side there is no Enlightenment, so how could all things be suddenly Enlightened without a Samsara to be Enlightened from? The two differences will always exist, so what good would it do?

The other side will always creep back and dominate to make everything realize where they are in comparison. That's just the nature of Universal Balance. Can we escape this? Sure, but what's the difference between all people and all animals, and all entities? I think if everyone was suddenly enlightened they would realize that there are even more beings needing to be enlightened than they previously thought, realizing that their drastic measure made little difference on the greater perspective, and that they would have been just as far along walking their own Way and letting things evolve from beyond insignificant spheres of control.

• Like 1

If everybody on earth was suddenly enlightened, they would suddenly become aware of other universal entities that are not enlightened and there would always always be work to be done. The nature of Enlightenment is sort of dualistic to begin with - Enlightenment and non-Enlightenment. Without the other side there is no Enlightenment, so how could all things be suddenly Enlightened without a Samsara to be Enlightened from? The two differences will always exist, so what good would it do?

The other side will always creep back and dominate to make everything realize where they are in comparison. That's just the nature of Universal Balance. Can we escape this? Sure, but what's the difference between all people and all animals, and all entities? I think if everyone was suddenly enlightened they would realize that there are even more beings needing to be enlightened than they previously thought, realizing that their drastic measure made little difference on the greater perspective, and that they would have been just as far along walking their own Way and letting things evolve from beyond insignificant spheres of control.

Good points, but...my hypothetical scenario, my rules...lol I AM GOD -so even the animals and plants and bacteria, etc become enlightened, as well as all Jinn, spirits, ghosts, aliens within the earth system...and anything else in our temporal or dimensional/interdimensional locale.

I think the fact that everything was on one side would tip eventually.. Light and dark are mutually co-existing. It's an impossible scenario, beyond the obvious impossibility of it.... I stand by my original answer..

1> No. Don't believe or give into people who give you evil choices, best to walk away.

2>same

3>same. Wait, there's a pattern here, do some thing immoral get prize or blessing. Again, I'd walk away, I wouldn't play the game or believe its ground rules. I'd tell the cruel being 'You want to make the world a better place. Just do it. Don't play games. bye bye, catch you in the funny papers.'

4> walk away

• Like 2

I think the fact that everything was on one side would tip eventually.. Light and dark are mutually co-existing. It's an impossible scenario, beyond the obvious impossibility of it.... I stand by my original answer..

you associate enlightenment with good/light and nescience with dark/bad...I dont see it as either - I see it as the union of all opposites...perfectly placed to achieve anything. Center of YinYang, enveloping both spectrums...my mind model only of course. It is also wrong. I am not enlightened, so I dont really know what its like, although I remember entering the stream maybe a few times, but I don't know that it was true then either.

1> No. Don't believe or give into people who give you evil choices, best to walk away.

2>same

3>same. Wait, there's a pattern here, do some thing immoral get prize or blessing. Again, I'd walk away, I wouldn't play the game or believe its ground rules. I'd tell the cruel being 'You want to make the world a better place. Just do it. Don't play games. bye bye, catch you in the funny papers.'

4> walk away

its a variation on, 'if you could go back in time to kill Hitler before he become in power, would you?' Then you have to ask yourself...since it would change the world, and alter lives (people who would have died - alive, people who would have lived, dead..would Isreal still exist, and if it didnt how many Palestinians would still be alive that are now dead, etc etc)), are you willing to affect the world web history so much...hoping for better good later? Then you have to say, "Was the lesson worth the mistake?" Did it pay for its self somehow. Then you would have to take a poll of holocaust survivors and families of holocaust survivors, and see what they would do. After that take another poll of the Germans, Palestinians, Americans, Russians, anyone who was affected and see what they thought (which would be basically everyone), including all the people who exist now that wouldnt exist if the choice was made. The end result is that the power of butterfly wings to start hurricanes would become fully apparent.

perhaps that is a key to my dilemma as I think that when we die, our 'soul' gets turned back to completely blank and all possibilities.

Ah yes,....belief in a soul can be a dilemna. A Tibetan once said, Blessed is he who has a soul; blessed is he who has no soul; but woe to him who has one in embryo.

Ah yes,....belief in a soul can be a dilemna. A Tibetan once said, Blessed is he who has a soul; blessed is he who has no soul; but woe to him who has one in embryo.

which is why at this time, I wonder if we all have a one soul, which is mysteriously seemingly separate, but is actually still one, with egominds placed on top...Sort of like a giant vaporous cloud that exists within and without everything. And within the animals, etc. the awareness that exists is the soul, but it becomes aware of what the egomind 'thinks' and the egomind then associates itself with this soul, when in actuality it is not. When the egomind is dropped, soul becomes original face again, as it always was...with nothing to dirty the mirror of mind, because mind got dropped. Remove soul from mirror, mirror ceases to exist, becomes part of cosmic matter pool. Soul is again unionized (as it always was) with the Supersoul, or divine Self. This is a little bit Atman theory here.

Another thought is that Soul is really just chi (maybe a special type), and the chi follows the minds instructions...when mind drops, chi joins major chi pool again, but still is under control of mind if mind reanimates. This is so very similiar to the Atman that they are almost identical. Chi is aware. Soul of chi.

What do you think?

Sign in to follow this