nine tailed fox

whats your zodiac Sign ?

Zodiac Sign  

27 members have voted

1. 1. whats your zodiac Sign ?

• Sagittarius
    • other

Friend, Happy Birthday!

The main question, lads, why to believe all THIS STUFF? Is not it only MIND?

Some call it (the Planet of Oriental Appearance) the Practical Director,...I came upon it in Humanistic Astrology,..and later in Frances Sakoian books.

Equal House is great for an overview,...but I came to wonder why certain Planets seemed ineffective,...many turned out to be posited within an intercept,...as if hidden,...thus there activation within one's everyday reality did not seem readily available. .

Ah yes that would make sense.

Astrology really is amazing. Since I've been doing it I will often get intuitions about people's signs based on their facial appearance which is 80% of the time correct and when it's not then it's always a sign of the same element of my guess. Like I might guess that someone is a Leo/Scorpio and then it turns out they are an Aries/Scorpio or a Leo/Cancer. The intuition comes from my subconscious searching the database of faces that i know of the same sign combinations. It's not something I can do on demand with anyone, but when I see a certain face type.

This makes me think that astrology would be very easily proved correct with facial recognition software and data analysis. I wonder when someone will get around to doing that?

Friend, how it helps to expand the mind, can you elaborate it? I know there is some homeopathic stuff which is based on some astrology knowledge but it is imho very subjective.

Yes I was born in the sign of Other with a moon in Perhaps, rising Possibly Not.

• Like 3

Friend, Happy Birthday!

The main question, lads, why to believe all THIS STUFF? Is not it only MIND?

I say you should not believe a single word of it, or anything. I'd also refer you to post #22.

Astrology isn't about the mind, but physiology. Although this was debated on TTB before,...I'll repost it:

The influence that celestial bodies have upon the disposition and character of our bio-electrodynamic form within the invisible energy field of physical life, from my observations, is real, not imaginary. Therefore, throughout the first five years after I realized the existence of this influence, I computed, before the touch-a-button personal computer age, as many birth charts as I could. For many, especially skeptics, I would often bet them, with no strings attached, my services as their slave for one year if they could do one thing that was not in their natal astrology chart or cosmograph. It was a sort of neti-neti approach to astrology. By identifying what they cannot do, show that astrology has yet to be proven false. I would tell them what wasn’t in their natal graph or chart that they could not do. For example, one woman, eager to win my services to liberate herself from cleaning house and preparing food for a year, had a particularly aspected Saturn positioned in her eighth house. Essentially, the eighth house signifies sex, and with Saturn being the planet of limitations, her sexual activities were restricted, which is to say, she could not satisfy a partner sexually, no matter how much technique she attempted to develop. Her task, then, was to sexually satisfy a partner. However, the moment I articulated this, she had a light-bulb moment that my challenge accurately described her, and she immediately conceded the bet. At the same time, I showed her the strengths in her natal graph or chart, and since then, she has become quite successful and joyous, aware of how to flow with the nature of her own unique vibrational current.

Again,...I have yet to observe a single example of someone being able to do something not within their chart to do.

Synastry is another great way to understand the nature of astrology. Doing astrological comparisons between relatives and friends, even as a parlor novelty, using easy-to-use books, such as Martin Schulman’s Karmic Relationships, engenders profound fun. For example, you may look at the interesting aspects between a person’s south lunar node and any planet of another person. This comparison indicates a beneath-the-surface feeling of debt to the south-node person. For instance, a person’s Venus conjunct another’s south node suggests that the Venus will be a sex slave to the node, an aspect sought out by pimps. The Venus would not know why he or she felt compelled to service the node person’s every sexual whim in a way that compliments the house characteristics that Venus rules in the indebted person’s chart. Another example would be a sun, which rules the fourth house, conjunct a partner’s south node. In this case, the sun person would feel that he or she was vitally indebted to supply and maintain fourth-house characteristics, such as a house and home for the node person.

Take for example males attracted to females whose sun conjuncted there Venus. This connotes a feminized aspect or seeking to be a feminized male. No amount of “Iron John” or “Men are from Mars” seminars will help this person be the masculine, dominant partner in the relationship. This Sun–Venus conjunction manifests an underlying vibrational block to being the masculine partner.

Relationships express aspects, such as the above Sun–Venus synastry, in different ways. We must look at the whole chart. In Florida, I met a couple with a female Sun conjunct male Venus configuration. They adjusted to its vibration in a clever, albeit bizarre way. The woman worked as a dance-club performer. From the position of her sun being opposite Saturn, I knew even before meeting her that she was, as she said in a Southern accent, “born white, and . . . going to stay white” in reference to having a shady seat at the restaurant where we met. People who have the sun in an adverse aspect to Saturn generally do not care for sunshine, like many goths. The agreement to meet was set up to discuss favorable times to gamble, but before the conversation got focused, I got an earful of other stuff: for instance, how she liked men, but not men with too much testosterone. Concerning her partner’s Venus conjunct her sun, she was proud to say that her husband had a full orchidectomy—that is, he was a male with a pseudo-vagina, which had been purchased during a Cancun vacation. When she mentioned this, my first thought was Matthew 19:12: “Blessed is the man who has been castrated.” Maybe the fellow now thinks he has a foolproof Get into Heaven Card as the passage indicates. Anyway, she finished with a comment perfect for her particular astrology chart,...meant to either shock me or solicit me,...she said, regarding her partner, that true love is sucking a _ together,...meaning her and her partner without a penis. And it was in her chart.

Sounds interesting to me. Honestly.

But yes this is f... psychology! What a reason to stuff up your mind? How does it really helps?

On some psychologiacal level all this is true but psychology is mind.

I have found some info on my sign and 95 % are true. But what is the benefit of this knowledge?

Only meditation can help.

Sounds interesting to me. Honestly.

But yes this is f... psychology! What a reason to stuff up your mind? How does it really helps?

On some psychologiacal level all this is true but psychology is mind.

I have found some info on my sign and 95 % are true. But what is the benefit of this knowledge?

Only meditation can help.

Astrology as an art/science is not for everyone just like art and science are not for everyone. It's like saying "What is the point of physics? Only meditation can help."

The renounciation of your interests to only persue meditation is a very different topic.

Physics trains and strengthens your body. Med quiets mind and nourishes energy.

What does psych. do? Training your mind? Yes, it might be good same as chess playing, crosswords, soccer... that's good stuff. Nothing wrong or bad with it.

personally i think astrology is true but we can change our destiny, so its not fixed

Destiny is "ming" in Taoism. Only nourishing ming Taoists change destiny. The point of one has the method or not. All other is BS imho. :unsure:

And western and Chinese astrology are different. Why not to stick with Book Of Changes? I think it very much depends on which conceptions we stick with. There is Fenshui with diff theories. So if we follow Chinese spiritual path we should stick with Chinese doctrine I think.

have you heard of taoism?

you'll find that your belief is shared.

ya i know about taoism and read quite a few books about it but never seen this idea mentioned anywhere

are you referring to taoist astrology , specifically ?

Any thoughts of 12th House Sun?

The house of karmic retribution. Your sub-conscious mind.

I think it plays a crucial role during our stay here on planet Earth. From what i understand, its the house of secret enemies. So whether your taking the term "enemies" literaly or figuratively just know it is a force that has always been trying to work against you.

So in terms of literal, say if you have 12th house in cancer. it could be that you've always had issues when acquainting yourself with people that have their sun sign in cancer.

On the other hand, figuratively, maybe you reflect on your life and people have always been secretly trying to take you out of your comfort zone.

See you just have to take whatever attributes or qualities that are associated with the sign of "pisces" (secrecy, divinity, imagination) and then apply that house in your chart to the zodiac sign that is placed in it.

Yeah, I use Astrodienst for pretty much all my chart creation needs, lots of options there.

I haven't really researched Magi astrology, I can't say I know much about it.

Sign in to follow this