Sign in to follow this  
EagerMind

Good practice for inflammation

I've had inflammation for about three years, I think I might have an auto immune disease. It took me a while to figure out what my problems were but i've switched over to a vegaterian diet and it's helping a little but I still have inflammation and pain in my prostate, kidneys, bladder and now my right leg is slightly swollen. I've been to a couple doctors and while they help a little almost all of the progress I've made has been from my own research!

So far to combat the inflammation I've switched to a vegetarian diet, I take probiotics three times a day (which help tremendously), and take two 81mg asprins a day. I'm pretty lazy so exercise is only walking 1 mile a day.

So my question is what can I do to help the healing process besides seeing doctors? I was thinking tai chi any suggestions?

I'm a 33 year old male.

Edited by EagerMind

I would strongly suggest you get off the aspirin, or at least take smaller doses, as long term effects can be far worse than what you're trying to fix. If you are willing to exercise a little more, perhaps try yoga? It gets much easier over time.

Edited by dazed

I've had inflammation for about three years, I think I might have an auto immune disease. It took me a while to figure out what my problems were but i've switched over to a vegaterian diet and it's helping a little but I still have inflammation and pain in my prostate, kidneys, bladder and now my right leg is slightly swollen. I've been to a couple doctors and while they help a little almost all of the progress I've made has been from my own research!

So far to combat the inflammation I've switched to a vegetarian diet, I take probiotics three times a day (which help tremendously), and take two 81mg asprins a day. I'm pretty lazy so exercise is only walking 1 mile a day.

So my question is what can I do to help the healing process besides seeing doctors? I was thinking tai chi any suggestions?

I'm a 33 year old male.

Tai Ji is for you because it is a form of Chi Kung, Chi Kung will help you to enhance your immune system, Another words, it will increase the production of white blood cells to the maximum number which your body allows. Having a maximum number of white blood cells means your immune system is fine tune to its ultimate efficiency.

I have practiced Tai Ji for more than 38 years, I hardly get sick. I only get a cold couple times in the last 20 years when I was lack of sleep. I'm 65 years old now. Time for medicare but I hardly have to take advantage of my medical insurance benefits because I hardly pay any visits to the doctor's office.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Inflammation in prostate and urinary tract can be triggered by food. The decisive factor is not vegetarian-nonvegetarian, but some specific foods that can trigger auto immune response. For me such triggers are coconut oil which, ironically, is praised for its healing features, and turnips. Both are vegetarian btw.

• Like 1

I have a taijiquan student with a severe auto-immune inflammatory disorder. He could barely walk when he joined us.

Now he is competing (and winning) in forms, doing some push hands, weapons, teaching, and his life is transformed. Really amazing to see. He still has ups and downs but everything has shifted to a much better and stronger place for him. We emphasize standing meditation practice for people with these sorts of problems, in addition to qigong, taijiquan, and for interested students, Daoist meditation. All of it is of enormous value for health and well being. My personal experience has been that our emotional and psychological lives play a major role in our physical health as well and that they need appropriate attention along with our other practices - and this is well accomplished by practicing awareness and acceptance.

Good luck!

• Like 5

I was under the weather recently. I turned to The Bone Dreaming Meditation, a taoist healing guided meditation by Giles Marin on his Sleeping Chi Kung album. Its 30 minutes long and concentrates and 'lights up' the bone structure, putting you into a state of deep relaxation as it does. Interestingly it doesn't talk about healing, but the bones and there marrow are the source of white blood cells. I think focusing on them does a world of good. Its a relatively inexpensive CD, google it if you're interested.

Dietwise it seems like your doing everything right. There is short simple but profound healing form called Pangu that I like. Michael Winn has a version of it on Youtube. Here it is:

Edited by thelerner

Sign in to follow this