Lozen

ho shou wu

hey Ian, if you can't find it, I'll trade you some for a small jar of Marmite! We'll both break even. :)

raw vegans do run the gamut from almost-dead to quite healthy, and on the exact same diet. I have not seen the same degree of variation when including some raw animal products.

You say you eat aprox 95% raw.

What do you eat that's cooked and how do you cook it.

Which raw animal products do you eat and in what quantity.

Thanks

I am personally also a big fan of healing clays.

Hi Agharta, how do you use the healing clays and what are they exactly. :)

Michael

Seems like this one is just 600mg of the root and I doubt it's the processed version. So it's not really that much active ingredient. For comparison, you can buy a pound of the processed root in chinatown for 5 bucks, give or take.

T

I want pills! :angry:

I want pills! :angry:

IIRC, this one was made from extract:

http://www.cgcmall.com/Shou_Wu_Pian_p/hr00sw12.htm

I think i'm going to visit chinatown in a few minutes, so i"ll check.

Have scoured the one in London to no avail. Will see what I can do. :D

Ian, maybe Yoda myself and whoever else wants to chime in will visualize you holding a bottle of sho wu chih...what do you think?

T

Let me know! I'll look for it next time I'm at Yong Shen... but I accidentally spent all my money on a new computer and on school, so I'll be broke for a couple weeks.

I really like Shou Wu Chih, I just have to be careful not to over do it. Or my guts frown. And swear.

I find that many of the herb shops in chinatown are quite unscrupulous

same for Chicago. I think it's probaly universal. Those Chinese... I tell you. :P

Someone told me the chinatown in toronto was the place to go to get quality herbs and no BS.

It's been a few since I was in Toronto, but I got a good vibe.

To Mythmaker--I really don't even eat 5% cooked, It's purely for social reasons.

As far as animal products go, I have found excellent results with shellfish and fish eggs. I eat shrimp and shrimp brains. I also eat raw oysters and scallops on occasion. I enjoy several different types of fish eggs. They are truly packed with nutrition. I also eat liver, brains, kidneys, and raw lard sometimes. I find that the seafoods are very important. The seafoods have really helped my tooth sensitivity problems that came from being a fruitarian. they also have helped control the social anxiety and panic attacks that comw from being a low-fat fruitarian.

The healing clays are of the utmost importance for 2 reasons. First, you need to detox all the heavy metals in our food and water. Second, they protect you from food poisoning, according to Dr. Weston Price's work with native groups in Africa and South America that use clays to stop food poisoning.

I have only tried 3 kinds so far, plus the clay from the woods near my house.

Terramin, a calcium bentonite, Pascalite, and Redmond Clay. You can Google all three. I get the version of Terramin sold for use with your pets, it's the same stuff, and a lot cheaper.

They have helped my skin tremendously. I have had dry, inflamed patches most of my life. The clays have helped more than anything else I've tried yet.

To Mythmaker--I really don't even eat 5% cooked, It's purely for social reasons.

As far as animal products go, I have found excellent results with shellfish and fish eggs. I eat shrimp and shrimp brains. I also eat raw oysters and scallops on occasion. I enjoy several different types of fish eggs. They are truly packed with nutrition. I also eat liver, brains, kidneys, and raw lard sometimes. I find that the seafoods are very important. The seafoods have really helped my tooth sensitivity problems that came from being a fruitarian. they also have helped control the social anxiety and panic attacks that comw from being a low-fat fruitarian.

Thanks for the info.

Very interesting.

Ian, maybe Yoda myself and whoever else wants to chime in will visualize you holding a bottle of sho wu chih...what do you think?

T

Please do! And perhaps the keys to my new home in the other hand? East Oxford, somewhere near my allotment?

Please do! And perhaps the keys to my new home in the other hand? East Oxford, somewhere near my allotment?

you're on..let us know when you have the shou wu.

Let me know! I'll look for it next time I'm at Yong Shen...

That one is just root powder, I have to find the one that had extract in it. But do a google on shou wu pian, seems like there are lots of reports of liver toxicity with some of these products that have other ingredients including the popular shen min product.

http://www.itmonline.org/arts/hsw_alert.htm

Well I finally managed to get hold of some Shou Wu Chih in the UK and bought the entire stock.

I'm going to be selling a few bottles, mainly locally, as it's not the easiest to post, being glass, but if any Brits are desperate for some, drop me a pm, and I'll find some bubble wrap & try and sort you out for not too much above cost.

Happy Sunday,

I

Thanks! I do have some dampness, but I think if it got significantly worse because of the pills I would notice... and it's never a problem in the ridiculously dry desert summer heat... I've had deficient blood/yin for as long as I can remember, and I've used tonics for short periods of time, cooking with astragulas, rhemmania and...what was the other one, I forget...

Who gave you the deficient blood/yin diagnosis? Switching to an all raw/vegan diet is significantly cooler than a meat/cooked foods diet. Hair loss is a symptom of cold, yang deficiency. Vegan/raw diets will exacerbate problems for essence deficient/yang deficient/spleen deficient persons.

Blood deficiency is a general cause of premature graying hair. If the deficiency is due to deficient Jing essence, particularly of the kidney and liver (with symptoms like ringing ears, copious night urination, lower back discomfort, etc), then it's a bad idea to go vegan/raw. If the deficiency is due to deficient nourishing blood, often due to excessive thinking/anxiety/stress and resulting in heat symptoms such as insomnia and very dream-full sleep, then I think vegan/raw diet would be ok.

I'm not vegan/raw (which is what made my hair fall out) and I do get the occasional white hair, but I just pull them out for now.

I have been using He Shou wu for a couple of weeks now. I am using the liquid tincture. Is this as beneficial as using a pill or capsule? I also wonder if anyone has noticed any benefit to their menstrual cycle from this herb. From what I have read, it strengthens the sexual health and improves fertility......so I was wondering if it would lengthen the reproductive life of a woman who uses it. What I mean is, are there any studies or literature stating that he shou wu will bring about a later menopause?

I have read that melatonin supplements will delay menopause, and increase the cycle, but I do not want to take a synthetic hormone. I like the idea of using a natural herb, so I just wondered if this herb will help.

Also, someone mentioned a vegan/raw diet is cooling.....what about a cooked vegan diet?

T

I ordered those pills and I received them today and took 5 pills, is that sufficient? If you take the 15 pills a day dosage the 10 boxes only last 2.5 months or so.