Formless Tao

The decline and eventual fall of the USA as world superpower?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024562137

Arizona passed a ludicrous discrimination bill which awaits the governors signature. Bill is based on so called religious freedom to discriminate which is code for fascist bigotry. Must be a tea bagger bill. This was deemed settled law since the Civil Rights Act and should remain so.

I was just wondering as to where this should be posted. I imagine that the politics in Washington are not far from this series. Machiavellian and corrupt. Brilliant acting and solid script. Streaming on Netflix.

But then reality is sometimes stranger than is fiction.

Have you watched it?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10024562137 Arizona passed a ludicrous discrimination bill which awaits the governors signature. Bill is based on so called religious freedom to discriminate which is code for fascist bigotry. Must be a tea bagger bill. This was deemed settled law since the Civil Rights Act and should remain so.

vetoed. The governor of Arizona didn't sign it. She's a right winger herself but claimed intelligently the law would open Arizona up for ridicule and financial mishaps. She was right. Like a zombie the bill is probably not dead.

The original allowed you to discriminate against anyone due to your religious convictions, it'll probably come back re-written and targeted 'only' at gays, migrants and people of color. Then.. I predict it'll fail again, people will gather the bigot king has no clothes.

Have you watched it?

No. I don't watch those type of programs. Watched your videos and have seen the ads for it.

If the controversial oil-services company Halliburton (NYSE: HAL ) has its way, then small investors may soon lose one of their most potent weapons against corporate fraud: the ability to file class-action lawsuits under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.

At the end of last year, the U.S. Supreme Court agreed to hear Halliburton's appeal in a class-action case brought by investors against it and CEO David Lesar for "knowingly or severely recklessly misleading" the public more than a decade ago about the company's liability for asbestos claims.

Indeed, it's no exaggeration to say that the very existence of securities fraud class actions hinges almost entirely on the outcome of this case.

pfft, the SEC is too busy watching stock and unloading just before bad news hits the market to actually do things like....ITS JOB...

both the SEC *AND* JP Morgan knew of Madoff's fraud scheme and just let it keep going.

No. I don't watch those type of programs. Watched your videos and have seen the ads for it.

If one views it from the perspective of Macbeth and Richard III then.......

If one views it from the perspective of Macbeth and Richard III then.......

... I still wouldn't watch it. Hehehe.

If we look back into history we notice that every world superpower has eventually fallen one way or the other. If history is anything to go by that means that the USA will eventually and inevitably fall as the world superpower, be it militarily, economically or socially.

Decadence, greed and lawlessness are big factors in the decline of a nation/civilization. It is well known that Viet Cong General Vo Nguyen Giap successfully used Sun Tzu's ideas and tactics to defeat the French and then USA. Have the US not learned the lesson after reading the 'Art of War' not to fight too many battles over long periods of time as it weakens the economy because of the great expenses and weakens the morale.

I believe we are starting to see the decline of the USA, with Sept 11, then GFC, more recently accusations from Julian Assange, Bradley Manning and now Edward Snowden.

What goes up, must come down?

One mans' enemy, is another mans' hero,

One mans' hero is another mans' enemy,

I believe turning to 'The Tao' can change things for the better, to PEACE!

Any constructive thoughts on the above?

I doubt the US has much longer. I see China becoming the next world superpower. Unfortunately this is mostly because of the way they slave-drive their citizens.

Edited by KenBrace

Report: Star Benghazi Reporter Attkisson Exits CBS Due to 'Liberal Bias'

attkisson.jpg

The bulk of Attkisson’s work since 2009 has focused on the failures or perceived failures of the Obama administration, including the administration’s failed green energy investments and the attack in Benghazi, though she has reported on several Republican failures as well.

Attkisson stuck out as an oddball to some at CBS and the rest of the media for daring to investigate power when it is held by a Democrat.

the President of CBS News, David Rhodes, is the brother of President Obama's National Security advisor, Ben Rhodes. According to ABC News, Brother Ben was very much involved in the Benghazi scandal, specifically the infamous talking points that -- with the help of the mainstream media -- misled the nation for weeks in the heat of Obama's 2012 re-election campaign.

Attkisson has been with CBS since 1993 and won an Emmy for her reporting in 2002.

So, sounds like the N5A even hacked her computers after she started exposing wrongdoing and failed projects by the Obama regime!

Attkisson was in the news last summer when CBS News confirmed her work computer had been hacked over a period of time. The reporter, who said her personal computer also has been hacked, told a radio station she was working with investigators to find the culprit and, when asked if she thought the hacking of her computer might be related to the DOJ tracking of the Associated Press and Fox New reporter James Rosen, responded, “I think there could be some relationship between those types of things and what happened to me.” CBS issued a statement saying, “To be clear, the federal government has not been accused in the intrusion of Attkisson’s computer” and that “CBS News is continuing to work to identify the responsible party.”

Attkisson is at work on a book, Stonewalled: One Reporters Fight For Truth In Obama’s Washington, that some say perfectly describes her frustration with CBS News.

Private investigators found that CBS News Washington reporter Sharyl Attkisson's computer was tampered with multiple times late last year

CBS said an intruder, working remotely using Attkisson's accounts, executed commands involving the search and filtering of data. The network said it is taking further steps to identify the intruder and how that person gained access to her computer.

Attkisson said she had been having problems with a computer in her house since at least February 2011. At that time, she said, she was investigating the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling sting operation and stimulus spending on clean-energy projects. Attkisson won an Emmy award for her "Fast and Furious" investigation.

In its analysis, the cybersecurity firm said that whoever tampered with Attkisson's computer "used sophisticated methods to remove all possible indications of unauthorized activity, and alter system times to cause further confusion."

kVgrH.jpg

Edited by vortex
  • Like 3

So, sounds like the N5A even hacked her computers after she started exposing wrongdoing and failed projects by the Obama regime!

kVgrH.jpg

She is most likely equating conspiracy theories with fact without proof. Why not post substance as opposed to the conspiracy bunk you are so in love with.

and here I was just thinking you've made a little progre

1926896_781513575192956_508022407_n.jpg

bad news for the american people, more like.

who's the people that make these things a big deal?

oops, see vortex's post above.

keep the people arguing with each other and they wont have the time to sit and figure out the milion reasons why they should tar and feather the government, mic, and entire financial industry.

• Like 1

nah I guess I expected a bit wider of a context from henry rollins....unless of course its snipped from a larger context.

nah I guess I expected a bit wider of a context from henry rollins....unless of course its snipped from a larger context.

Let's not be snipping too much. The Jews already do a lot of that.

I'm waiting for one of those drones to fly over (is it Wyoming) where they have made it legal to shoot them down.