Formless Tao

The decline and eventual fall of the USA as world superpower?

Fed to review ruling that allows big banks to trade commodities. Whether anything comes of this, who knows!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/19/wall-street-commodities_n_3625750.html

Apparently our government is considering if they are already crooked enough or that they can be allowed to screw over more hard-working Americans.

People might want to start checking out the credit unions in their area. Some are still not-for-profit organizations.

• Like 1

Apparently our government is considering if they are already crooked enough or that they can be allowed to screw over more hard-working Americans.

People might want to start checking out the credit unions in their area. Some are still not-for-profit organizations.

Big banks have been hoarding commodities such as food, oil, metal and so forth. These banks are able to borrow from the Fed at 3/4 of 1% any amount desired and make obscene profits from trading commodities. Third world countries have been devastated by rising food costs in the name of profit from the Wall Street pigs feeding at the trough. Here in the U.S. oil prices have had devastating effects across the entire economy.

• Like 2

Narveen,

You seem to be advocating the worst of capitalism, which is nothing but greed driven by social darwinism.

i am not advocating anything.

i am pointing out the way of the jungle as it is

and we are the beasts

no fangs, no claws

but every bit as vicious

and much more brutal

The united states was a lie since before its conception, its founding fathers: Little more than patsies in a game much larger than themselves, let alone their view of the world.
But even as the invasion of the western continent has raped its resources, its accursed founding hides a blessing: THE SPIRIT OF THE PEOPLE!!!

The spirit of the people still burns fiercely in the hearts of TRUE MEN AND WOMEN.

WE PASSIONATELY address this world with disdain and scornful disappointment in our peers, as though mothers scolding their children. We wind up in prisons, fighting for our freedom, we wind up speaking out and getting shot in the streets, we stand our ground, we live with pride AND WE DIE WITH PRIDE!!!

WE THE PEOPLE OF THIS PLANET, EARTH, WILL COME TOGEHTER AND ERRADICATE YOU ALL WHOM BELIEVE YOU POSSESS ANY SUCH RIGHTS OF DOMINION EXTERNALLY OF YOUR OWN BODIES!!!

Y O U _ H A V E _ N O _ S U C H _ R I G H T S ! ! !

i am not advocating anything.

i am pointing out the way of the jungle as it is

and we are the beasts

no fangs, no claws

but every bit as vicious

and much more brutal

If that is true then you are not stating it well. Further, you are stating the obvious.

Naw. Remember that I am retired Army and spent many a days in conditions far worse than that and never bitched once. No guilt trips for me.

http://gawker.com/5967345/obesity-now-leading-cause-of-ineligibility-for-army-volunteers

The overweight soldier epidemic isn't a new phenomenon

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-57520233-10391704/retired-military-leaders-say-this-generation-is-too-fat-to-fight/

In their new report dubbed "Too Fat to Fight," the nonpartisan group of 100 retired generals and admirals known as Mission: Readiness calls on the U.S. government to reduce the amount of junk foods available at schools in favor of healthier options.

http://gawker.com/5937258/suicide-is-now-the-leading-cause-of-death-amongst-active+duty-soldiers

In 2010, for the second year in a row, more American soldiers killed themselves than died in combat.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57563857/u.s-military-suicides-exceed-combat-deaths/

U.S. military suicides exceed combat deaths

But military suicide rate is still lower than civilian suicide rate!!

So safer to be in the military than to be a worker in the civil economy.

Smedley Darlington Butler (1881, 1940) was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, an outspoken critic of U.S. military adventurism, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history.

In his 1935 book War is a Racket, he described the workings of the military-industrial complex and, after retiring from service, became a popular speaker at meetings organized by veterans, pacifists and church groups in the 1930s.

In November 1934, Butler alleged the existence of a political conspiracy of Wall Street interests to overthrow President Roosevelt, a series of allegations that came to be known in the media as the Business Plot.

Butler told the investigative committee that a group of businessmen, saying they were backed by a private army of 500,000 ex-soldiers, government officials and others, intended to establish a fascist dictatorship. Butler had been asked to lead it, he said, by Gerald P. MacGuire, a bond salesman with Grayson M--P Murphy & Co. The New York Times reported that Butler had told friends that General Hugh S. Johnson, a former official with the National Recovery Administration, was to be installed as dictator. Butler said MacGuire had told him the attempted coup was backed by three million dollars, and that the 500,000 men were probably to be assembled in Washington, D.C. the following year. All the parties alleged to be involved, including Johnson, said there was no truth in the story, calling it a joke and a fantasy.

No prosecutions or further investigations followed, and historians have questioned whether or not a coup was actually close to execution, although most agree that some sort of "wild scheme" was contemplated and discussed. The news media initially dismissed the plot, with a New York Times editorial characterizing it as a "gigantic hoax".

Agreed. Americans are great people in the most part. Even the one who don't appear to be great could be great if given a chance. I mean, just look at the support our politicians got when they wanted to go to war against Iraq! Too bad it was all based on lies.

why do you think the american people was duped?

the first war was to get saddam out of kuwait

the second war was to stamp out saddam's insolence

both wars were strategic moves to establish order in the middle-east

you and i may have different perceptions

neither of us are privy to the facts confronting the respective administrations

i am viewing it from the position of sun tzu advising those presidents

on how a world superpower should deal with a pesky warlord de-stabilizing the middle-east

Our free market is set and diricted by our government to keep the wealthy rich so that our politicians can get all their perks from the wealthy. Always has been that way. There never has been a free market in the US.

it's as free as it can possibly be and better than all other markets

wealth and power is the nature of the game

the symbiosis between rich men and politicians

is like that between bees and flowers

but we are nowhere near the chinese

bloomberg reported that the 70 richest members of china's national people's congress

have a combined wealth of $90 billion compared to $7.5 billion for the 535 members of

the us congress, the president, his cabinet and the supreme court.

And you are right, no gentleman's code of behavior. Doen't matter who you put out on the street as long as you can increase your profit line.

And no, that's not Tao.

ask stosh

he said the tao doesn't give a damn either :D

Edited by narveen

If that is true then you are not stating it well. Further, you are stating the obvious.

but i am not moralizing it the way you guys are

all that whining is a bummer

U.S. military suicides exceed combat deaths

But military suicide rate is still lower than civilian suicide rate!!

So safer to be in the military than to be a worker in the civil economy.

Yes, believe it or not there is job security in the military.

All the other stuff, yes, I am aware of it all. I saw my Army changing to what I considered worse in the mid-1970s when our government decided it wanted an all volunteer military force. The criteria was dropped for admittance and criteria was lowered for nearly all skills so that the quota could be kept. But don't get me wrong, the majority of our service members are good people doing a difficult job.

But this is just another example of the dumbing down of America.

• Like 1

bloomberg reported that the 70 richest members of china's national people's congress

have a combined wealth of $90 billion compared to $7.5 billion for the 535 members of

the us congress, the president, his cabinet and the supreme court.

Still, Forsythe is using fuzzy math in his comparison.

The richest 70 members of the NPC account for 2.3% of China’s legislators. The richest 70 members of the US Congress account for 13% of the US’s legislators. In any normal incomes distribution, the richest 2.3% are going to be worth more than the richest 13% on average. The proper benchmark would be to compare the average net worth of the richest 70 Chinese legislators to the richest 13 US legislators, or 2.3% of the 535 members of both branches of Congress.

According to the data from the Center for Responsive Politics on that metric, China comes off slightly better. The richest 2.3% of Chinese legislators are worth an average US$1.07 billion* each, using the figures in Forsythe’s article. Meanwhile, the richest 2.3% of US legislators are worth up to US$239 million each. If you use the average net worth estimate from the CRP data, the US average comes down to US$153 million each.

- See more at: http://www.economonitor.com/blog/2011/03/just-how-rich-is-the-national-peoples-congress/#sthash.qZaOaSsZ.dpuf

Yeah China --

has worst distribution of wealth because of U.S. corporations!!

The New York Times reported on its front page today that US-based corporations are fighting a proposed Chinese law that seeks to protect workers’ rights. The law is “setting off a battle with American and other foreign corporations that have lobbied against it by hinting that they may build fewer factories here.”

The Times reports that Global Labor Strategies, a group that supports labor rights policies, is releasing a report in New York and Boston “denouncing American corporations for opposing legislation that would give Chinese workers stronger rights.”

“‘You have big corporations opposing basically modest reforms,” said Tim Costello, an official of the group and a longtime labor union advocate. “This flies in the face of the idea that globalization and corporations will raise standards around the world.’”

The Times article drew heavily on the Global Labor Strategies report, Beyond the Great Wall: U.S. Corporations Opposing New Rights for Chinese Workers which was released today.

According to the report, US-based global corporations like Wal-Mart, Google, UPS, Microsoft, Nike, AT&T, and Intel, acting through US business organizations like the American Chamber of Commerce in Shanghai and the US-China Business Council, are actively lobbying against the new labor legislation. They are also threatening that foreign corporations will withdraw from China if it is passed.

http://www.law.harvard.edu/programs/lwp/GLS_ChinaArticle.html

Yes, believe it or not there is job security in the military.

All the other stuff, yes, I am aware of it all. I saw my Army changing to what I considered worse in the mid-1970s when our government decided it wanted an all volunteer military force. The criteria was dropped for admittance and criteria was lowered for nearly all skills so that the quota could be kept. But don't get me wrong, the majority of our service members are good people doing a difficult job.

But this is just another example of the dumbing down of America.

http://www.fas.org/man/smedley.htm

I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

U.S. military is a scam racket - welfare for big business.

• Like 1

i am viewing it from the position of sun tzu advising those presidents

on how a world superpower should deal with a pesky warlord de-stabilizing the middle-east

We lost in Vietnam because we didn't understand the teachings of Sun Tzu. We have lost in Iraq for the same reason and we will lose in Afghanistan for the same reason. The Middle East wars are all about oil and money. And now that there is a plentiful supply of oil the gas prices have gone up $.40. Why? Because the rich bastards can do it and get away with it. Our government is supporting them.

ask stosh

he said the tao doesn't give a damn either :D

That is true, Tao does not care. But the Sage does. You cannot be Tao but you could be sagely.

Yeah China --

has worst distribution of wealth because of U.S. corporations!!

And because of the Chinese government. They are after more power just like our politicians are. Different countries, same policies.

U.S. military is a scam racket - welfare for big business.

I disagree that it is a scam but won't argue against the other points you made.

I still do not believe PEOPLE let alone HUMAN people have ANYTHING to do with governments or world affairs... so.... let's wipe them out and get them off our planet. all they seem to do is fuck it all up for the people. not themselves, of course not. just everyone else. "the rest of us".

I still do not believe PEOPLE let alone HUMAN people have ANYTHING to do with governments or world affairs... so.... let's wipe them out and get them off our planet. all they seem to do is fuck it all up for the people. not themselves, of course not. just everyone else. "the rest of us".

Governments are composed of people. What is your point?

Regretfully that won't and really can't happen. Too many people need to be told what they can and cannot do. Not very many people are suited for an Anarchist life style. And right now there is way too much hate in the world.

And because of the Chinese government. They are after more power just like our politicians are. Different countries, same policies.

http://andrewgavinmarshall.com/2013/07/03/global-power-project-part-4-banking-on-influence-with-jpmorgan-chase/

The global banking elite is the real issue.

In descending order, the other most highly represented institutions having cross membership between leadership positions with JPMorgan Chase are: the Federal Reserve Bank of New York (4), the Business Council (4), Citigroup (4), Bilderberg (4), the Group of Thirty (4), Sara Lee Corporation (3), Harvard (3), American Express (3), American International Group (3), the Business Roundtable (3), Rolls Royce (3), the Center for Strategic and International Studies – CSIS (3), the European Round Table of Industrialists (3), the Peterson Institute for International Economics (2), the U.S.-China Business Council (2), and the National Petroleum Council (2).

Bernabé sits on the board of PetroChina, China’s largest oil company.

Tung Chee Hwa as well is the founder and Chairman of the China-United States Exchange Foundation, and a former member of the International Advisory Board of the Council on Foreign Relations.

This goes back to -- the Soong Dynasty expose by Seagrave - Time Magazine Skull and Bones - Henry Luce - funded and fronted the Soong Dynasty that backed the nationalist and the communist movements of China.

Henry Kissinger...Honorary Chairman of the China-United States Exchange Foundation....

Hehehe. Who said we have to make sense here? Is that something the Mods started this morning?

not that i am aware of

Governments are composed of people. What is your point?

Those in government typically deem it fit to be "apart from" THE people. either above or below but never mutually beside the people. They are therefore either considered lesser than or greater than THE PEOPLE. that means they think they are better than yo uand me and entitled to more, or WE think they are nothing but slaves and give them nothing.

Which side of the boat are WE on right now? We're treating government like it has authority over us! that is bullshit. THEY serve the people, not the people serving. the people have fought slavery since the establishment of civilization. this is an ongoing fight. don't you want TO END IT ALREADY?!?

REFUSE to allow dominance/submission relationships to form between governing bodies and the people... REFUSE to imprison nonviolent individuals, REFUSE to allow yourself to be detained - lay down on the ground arms out, stand still like a statue, dont resist with action, resist with inaction. Do not allow yourself to contribute to anything that might produce harm, do not ever allow yourself to contribute to a way of life that permits the disregard of individual free will.

Never are there free people whose governments are made up of individuals who do not live side by side with the free people.

Never can a people have freedom so long as they allow themselves to be governed by others.

Never can an individual who refuses to be governed ever be free while there are those of YOU who believe, as you appear to believe, that self-governance can never be wide spread, taught, or shared.

You REALLY think the majority of people would refuse to be taught how to be free?

Seems freedom is something EVERYONE wants, so why not start providing the PROPER EXAMPLES, instead of talking about it online and arguing about the semantics?

I live my every day in pure defiance of false authority, Read as: The only proper authority I can or will recognize is that of the ultimate being responsible for all of reality; as whom can only exist in the mind, I am my only valid and official and acknowledgeable authority.

WE ALL know the truth between right and wrong IN OUR HEARTS; we can do no wrong without feeling the pain of our wrongfulness in our hearts, we can do no correct without feeling a sense of pride in our hearts, we cannot bring a smile to a face without knowing the joy, we cannot inflict pain upon another without knowing, in our own hearts, that pain was forced upon another against their free will.

It gets even more complicated when we have to address a person who has neglected their own hearts and inflicted crimes against others, that we know they are living feeling beings just like us and to punish them will hurt them as much as they hurt others, but if their actions prove to be harmful and disregard the free wills of others, they have effectively spoken into existence the deprivation of their own free will and can be apprehended without committing a crime.

THIS MEANS THAT EVERY GOVERNMENTAL BODY, OFFICIAL, AND PERSON CAN BE REMOVED BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY WITHOUT EVER COMMITTING A CRIME!

This means that forgiveness is a punishment, a test, but not a reward, as the truly innocent need not be forgiven things they have never done, and the ashamed will feel the guilt of their actions for the rest of their lives. Those who squander forgiveness can be killed on the spot without it being murder.

Ethically speaking, Free will can be the only just set of laws which promote and maintain life, liberty, and equality.

THAT is Anarchy.

it doesnt make sense for the anarchist to become a simultaneous cop/judge/juror/executioner.

that is the tryanny that the anarchist opposes.

• Like 1

it doesnt make sense for the anarchist to become a simultaneous cop/judge/juror/executioner.

that is the tryanny that the anarchist opposes.

STOP TRYING TO ENFORCE YOUR WILL ON OTHERS!!!

It's a total dick move.

An anarchist is his or her own police, judge, jury, or executioner. and no body or person externally of them has any authority over their actions until those actions infringe upon the consensual free will of another individual.

Whence free will is trespassed, consent disregarded, only then is a crime committed, only then is the policing activity necessary.

With personal judgement, a man strikes yo uand you respond. tour response is the, THE, example of your sovereignty AS AN ANARCH. If you respond with consideration for your opponent, you will not allow things to escalate on your doing; and should they escalate on your opponent's part, you are in the right to defend yourself or peers to whatever means are evidently necessary; no sense crying over spilled milk - if they become violent and have to be subdued, then so be it.

What does not make sense is to think that we the people are incapable of learning how to govern ourselves and become our own individual cop/judge/jury/executioner.

Someone pulls a knife on me, im not going to wait around for justice to come save me, im going to end that motherfucker's life on the spot. no such need for violence. It cannot be permitted. those who permit such activities are not in the favor of ethics or justice, they just see a potential resource to manipulate: Law.

if anything, i hope to disuade anyone from going down the same worn out hellish roads that lead to failed revolutions,or,

just replaces one tryanny with another. the thing that all of those failed attempts have in common, is their use of "divine violence"

every revolution that has used violence as an ends to the means has always failed. there only becomes a new state that is possibly even worse than the one it deposed.

permit me to share some johann albrecht meylahn from university of pretoria;

http://zizekstudies.org/index.php/ijzs/article/view/399/480