h.uriahr

Bak Fu Pai's Sunn Yee Gong-Q&A

Sure does & making of your own herbal tea, tonic, dit dar jow , yau, just like all traditional kung fu this is no different that is why meditation seated and moving help the practitioner cultivate and release force.

Sorry Sifu Garry but i don't quite follow

Do you mean it helps in the same way as making herbal tea does, or that one can transmit energy into others as a product of SYG training, thereby healing them?

Healing using SYG comes in energy, herbal, massage etc

Ah ok, that is a pretty comprehensive package

For anyone who has the standing vol , could you please write a brief description of the 5 sitting meds at the end

from what I gathered they arent meds but different ways of perceiving and practicing the first sitting meds ?

I can hardly hear what hes saying on my crappy speakers so would be much appreciated : )

I do level 1 seated for 20-30 following by standing level 1. Sometime only seated. I think it's important in the beginning to start with to rewire energy circulation. It's good for grounding and balancing

For anyone who has the standing vol , could you please write a brief description of the 5 sitting meds at the end

from what I gathered they arent meds but different ways of perceiving and practicing the first sitting meds ?

I can hardly hear what hes saying on my crappy speakers so would be much appreciated : )

inside, outside and lower dantien listening, combination of external and internal listening, and I believe some basic chi perception or guiding exercise (I'll have to make word by word transcription before I start with that volume)

• Like 1

Garry,

Did GM Doo Wai ever explain what is the difference in purpose/benefit between SYG and Flying Phoenix?

• Like 1

Thanks, can you say what a practitioner would get from SYG that they wouldn't get from FP, or vice versa? Otherwise, it seems there would be no need to teach or learn both?

Hi Sifu Garry,

How are you doing? I had a quick question about the SYG. Is there tui-na methods and herbal formulas that go along with SYG?

thanks,

Mark

Sifu Garry,

Had a question on why the DVD's are not available on physical discs and why they aren't available to the general public now? thank you sir

Mkim,

If you are a massage therapist, reiki, or any type of work it will greatly benefit you, yes it comes with herbal formulas & other skills that are old.

yugen,

For privacy & selecting who we would want to join our WBBM and become part of...we want serious people in other words ;)

Hi Sifu Garry,

Thanks for being responsive to these threads and monitoring this site. I've started to practice the SYG system. Is it ok to start with the standing instead of the sitting mediation first? I still have some pain and discomfort when sitting for a while due to my lower back not fully healed yet. I wanted to start the standing meditation number 1 and work with the standing meditations slowly and then do the sitting.

Attain the ultimate emptiness
Hold on to the truest tranquility
The myriad things are all active
I therefore watch their return

Everything flourishes; each returns to its root
Returning to the root is called tranquility
Tranquility is called returning to one's nature
Returning to one's nature is called constancy
Knowing constancy is called clarity

Not knowing constancy, one recklessly causes trouble
Knowing constancy is acceptance
Acceptance is impartiality
Impartiality is sovereign
Sovereign is Heaven
Heaven is Tao
Tao is eternal
The self is no more, without danger

Keep this in your mind cause its also related to all our SYG, Above is talking about inner alchemy & how to connect by going within.

Enjoy

Sifu

• Like 3

How are you guys doing with the standing SYG? Some pointers find your centre & connected deep with your rooting also keep the pelvis slightly tilted to open up the Ming Men point on the lower spine, this allows the energy to move up. Relax your body but hold using enough muscle to maintain the postures, relax the breathing & breath deep (lower dan tian), relax the face and neck, go within, sense your being.

These are some basics your should start with...

Sifu

• Like 1

Sifu

thanks for the pointers , I am only on standing med 1 as I am just starting to do 30 mins of it ,

so I did 30 mins standing med 1 , 30 mins sittting med 1 , 5 mins rest of sitting meds.

When you say keep the pelvis slightly tilted to open up the Ming Men point on the lower spine ,

can you elaborate more on this ?

Do you mean tucking the tailbone under ?

Hi sifu garry,

I was wondering when exactly as in what level do you attain the inner thunder (aka true qi, one chi, te, the battery) in the sunn yee gong, and what is the theory of its attainment in the sunn yee gong system?

Thanks alot

best.

There is no guarantee but GMDW said that it can happen anytime during and even when u least expect it like just sitting around, its the accumulation of Qi and the opening of channels. The attainment? Good health & a great connection of your external / internal body, as well connection to Dao. Also due to the healing side of helping others the best you can is an amazing feeling in itself.

• Like 3