nine tailed fox

free will is BS

I think Michael might have gotten that wrong. The surface temperature of the sun is about 10,500 degrees F and the core is about 27 million degrees F.

I would recommend not going there for a 'summer in the sun' vacation.

I wonder how temperatures affect shen.

Are higher vibrational frequencies (those of a higher octave) pretty much unfazed by fluctuations of temperature as we experience it in the denser fields?

I know one of my teachers was seemingly unaffected by intense heat.

And the concept of Wei Chi and its protective properties.

Interesting stuff...

Hah... and now Yoda pops into my head

"Luminous beings are we... not this crude matter."

I'd have to disagree on semantics with yoda though, matter is light, just another variation in frequency.

Actually,...matter is "divided light" not Undivided Light,...Yoda stated properly. We are not this crude matter.

http://thetaobums.com/topic/19803-what-is-light/?hl=%22what+is+light%22

• Like 1

And is there any reason to believe that our sun is different in any way from the other suns in the universe or beyond? That the Awareness extends Everywhere and some pieces of cooled sun become suitable for evolution of physical life?

P.S. Love your brain, Marco!

I think he said that our bodies heat up in response to the sun, and plants grow in response to the sun, but it isnt actually hot, at all, we just experience it that way.

Fascinating. That the surface temperature of the sun is an illusion?

Yes, if you can stare into the sun at high noon in the summer. Otherwise, it's real for you.

Why the fuxk would you want to give human emotions to robots? You want to create a SciFi race of Cylons? Human-ness is the problem,...not the solution.

As for your imagined experiences...experience born of belief, can only be experienced through the condition of that belief. Your posts indicate to me, that you have not once in this lifetime, had a direct experience.

An important Lojong says, look at everything you perceive as a dream. The problem is that you believe the dream is genuine,..as in real. LOL

So you think your whole life is a lie and a dream? When you wake up from this "bad dream", your real splendid identidy will be revailed to you?

Dream on.

I think Michael might have gotten that wrong. The surface temperature of the sun is about 10,500 degrees F and the core is about 27 million degrees F.

I would recommend not going there for a 'summer in the sun' vacation.

Its nice of you to respond with some stuff that is factual, marbles, thankyou.

Micheal Winn is a mystical thinker, so not really of interest to you.

I would like you to explain to me though, why the temperature in the sky is so low.. given that the sun is in the sky, why is the sky so cold? I have never known anyone who could explain that to me, I need it in laymens terms because I am not science minded.

.... part of the whole deal of existence which is perceived by us in a very dense , slow, linear way.. and we are frozen light..

Hydrogen is right and it seems to me that you are not wrong either.

Micheal Winn is a mystical thinker, so not really of interest to you.

Okay. That puts things into perspective.

I would like you to explain to me though, why the temperature in the sky is so low.. given that the sun is in the sky, why is the sky so cold? I have never known anyone who could explain that to me, I need it in laymens terms because I am not science minded.

I'm not going to look up an article to give you to read but do my best in my own words. If things don't work out well I will resprt to articles.

First an example: You have surely operated a microwave for heating food. If you put no food in it, turn it on for ten minutes, open it to feel the heat generated you will feel none. If you put in a light colored food it might take ten minutes to heat it to 200 degrees; if you put in a dark colored food it probably wouldn't take more than five minutes before it is heated far greater than 200 degrees.

The sun's radiation works on this same principle. If there is nothing to heat the energy will just keep on moving. Space, mostly empty of matter, will not absorb the heat. Following the principle above, a light colored object would absorb less of the sun's energy (that produces heat) because many of the energy waves are being reflected. A dark colored object will absorb more of the energy and will therefore become warmer.

I am sure you have heard about the concern over the melting of the ice cover around the planet. The theory goes that the less ice, the less reflection of the sun's energy, the warmer the planet becomes. Ice ages come and go though. Even the time when it is believed there was a snowball Earth eventually conditions became such that the snowball could not be maintained (it is believed this was because of mass volcanic eruptions) and the ice started melting. The more melting, the warmer it got because less of the sun's energy was being reflected.

So anyhow, you have to have mass before you can have heat. Generally, the greater the mass the greater the potential for heat.

Edited by Marblehead

manitou

- havent watched this, just happened to see it and thought you might be interested -

In Solar Revolution, world-renowned German biophysicist Dieter Broers makes a compelling case, pointing to a wealth of scientific evidence that shows a remarkable correlation between increases in solar activity and advances in our creative, mental, and spiritual abilities. We are in the midst of a dramatic rise in solar disturbances, which have the capability of disrupting the Earth's geomagnetic field and, as a result, our global ecology. Broers, however, sees this not as an impending apocalypse but as the dawn of a new era. Drawing on research from a variety of disciplines, he shows how erupting solar activity carries the potential to boost our brain capacity and expand our minds in ways we never imagined possible. Humankind is going through an evolutionary leap, says Broers, and the process has already begun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPn1SW6t6Bk

Edited by cat

Thanks marbles.. a few clarifications would be really helpful!

First an example: You have surely operated a microwave for heating food. If you put no food in it, turn it on for ten minutes, open it to feel the heat generated you will feel none. If you put in a light colored food it might take ten minutes to heat it to 200 degrees; if you put in a dark colored food it probably wouldn't take more than five minutes before it is heated far greater than 200 degrees.

The sun's radiation works on this same principle. If there is nothing to heat the energy will just keep on moving. Space, mostly empty of matter, will not absorb the heat. so matter responds to heat, space doesnt. why is that? Following the principle above, a light colored object would absorb less of the sun's energy (that produces heat) because many of the energy waves are being reflected. A dark colored object will absorb more of the energy and will therefore become warmer. So high level of absorption has to take place for heat to occur, otherwise , it doesnt occur.. why is this?

So anyhow, you have to have mass before you can have heat. Why is this?

Edited by cat

1. The electrons of matter are excited. No electrons, no excitement, no heat.

2. The more electrons that get excited the more heat there will be.

3. Same as # 1. No excitement, no heat.

Empty space doesnt absorb energy, so it doesnt reemit it as heat

Color is but an indicator of a substances preferred quantum absorbtion, emmission bandwidths, and reflective qualities

when electrons are energized by absorbtion of a photon ,they move to higher energy state,

when they drop back down to a lower energy state they re emit the energy as electromagnetic waves

which can either be visible light or heat (infrared).

Infrared electromagnetic energy is still there in the "empty space" its just propagating through it.

Whatever the hell electromagnetic energy is :)

Reminded of a presentation I gave to the NCGR on Oct 1, 2008,...it began like this:

We all know that splitting an atom releases light,...matter into light. In 1995, at Stanford University, physicists reversed that process and made two particles of matter by supercharging a trillion-watt laser through a linear accelerator,...light into matter. Form, which is empty space that appears filled, is compressed, multiplied, centripetal particles of light. Empty space which appears unfilled, is expanded, divided, centrafugal waves of light.

In a talk given to the Astrologer's Guild of America, called The Electric Nature of the Universe (June 1936), Walter Russell said, "Astrologers are asked: What relationship can people and planets have with each other? What possible relation can a planet so far away as Neptune have to do with an emotion occurring within us, or a decision which we make for ourselves? How can this far planet affect our lives?

Neptune (he said) is not so very far away from us. It is part of our own solar system. The universe is made up of interlocking electric systems within each other. Every part of every system is directly connected with every other system. Relatively, the planets are as close together in the solar system as are the parts of any atomic system. Every microscopic electron in every star and galaxy is connected electrically by an intercommunicating flux. There are no two separate things in the universe. Everything in the universe is indissolubly tied to every other thing.

The whole universe is just a series of quantitative material records of universe thought, placed there in potential relations one with another, in systems within systems. They have been gathered together in what we call "inanimate nature" or "inanimate life". There is no inanimate life in the universe. Everything in the universe lives. Everything in the universe breathes the breath of life and pulses with the universe, each in its own potential and its own rhythm.

Every person born into a a material form has a rhythm of their own which is normal to them and them only. Each person's rhythm is determined at their birth moment. At that moment the countless billions of electric vibrations of the sun and all its planets are setting a rhythmic gauge upon the life of everyone who comes into material existence. Each person's rhythmic measure has as automatic an effect upon him as the pressing of any electric button has upon a bell. It is automatic. We cannot help it.

Let us get to the root of the effect upon our emotions and lives which the masses of material matter which we call "planets" can cause. How can Jupiter or Neptune have any effect upon one's life or emotions? Many people think it is ridiculous but, on the contrary, it is the truest of truths. The reason is that planets are huge masses of light in motion, for all masses are light, even though they are not exhibiting a perceived incandescence. Any change of rhythm anywhere affects the whole electrodynamic universe."

"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." 1 Corinthians 15:40

"The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory." 1 Corinthians 15:41

This gets into the topic of glory, which is interesting to read about.

Mormonism being one of the newest religions in the last 300 years focuses a lot on this. Joseph Smith wrote a lot about the higher worlds as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degrees_of_glory

Paul wrote about the heavens but didn't say a whole lot and Enoch was a traveling man concerning the heavens in the Book of Enoch as well as Moses, in the book of Moses. Apparently they needed to be translated to realize these higher states of existence as well as Joseph Smith. It is very interesting to read about. They are plenty of parallels concerning these higher worlds in almost every other religion as well, Buddhism and Hinduism. I am sure Islam has some reference as well.

I believe I once visited one of these worlds that seemed to be very rich and fine in detail in a dream. But I ended up descending because I felt the need to steal a pair of shoes. I didn't understand that I didn't have to steal or covet said shoes. I realized that if I wanted to keep exploring these worlds, I needed to change 'inwardly' to maintain a sense of belonging in such higher states.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k

Why is this, then, marbles? Why is matter needed for there to be any paplable heat?

Without matter to respond to the sun.. there is no heat?

"There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." 1 Corinthians 15:40

"The sun has one kind of glory, while the moon and stars each have another kind. And even the stars differ from each other in their glory." 1 Corinthians 15:41

This gets into the topic of glory, which is interesting to read about.

Glory might mean luminosity. In other words, Light.

The mormons are speaking about dweling in light, differing degrees of.

It follows that the sun is the supreme source of light, the supreme glory.

Why is this, then, marbles? Why is matter needed for there to be any paplable heat?

Without matter to respond to the sun.. there is no heat?

I would have to get an article in order to answer your first two questions. I doubt I could present sound information.

To your last question, Yes, indeed. Of course, the sun itself is still the same temperature, it is just that there must be some thing for the sun to put its energy on for there to be heat at any significant distance from the sun.

Look at the sun facing surface temperatures of Mercury and Venus. Hotter than Hell!! Earth, just right. Mars, too cold; too far away from the sun (and other reasons as well).

it is just that there must be some thing for the sun to put its energy on for there to be heat at any significant distance from the sun.

Why would this be so, given that the sun is so hot?

Just because Cat, just because. Hehehe.

The natural temperature state of the universe is absolute zero. No radiation, no heat. A physics professor could explain that to you, I can't.

Take a trip to Neptune and see how well the sun warms that planet. The average surface temperature is estimated at -328 degrees F (-200 degrees C).

temperature is a measure of the kinetic energy of the atoms not electrons.

• Like 1

Just because Cat, just because. Hehehe.

The natural temperature state of the universe is absolute zero. No radiation, no heat. A physics professor could explain that to you, I can't.

Take a trip to Neptune and see how well the sun warms that planet. The average surface temperature is estimated at -328 degrees F (-200 degrees C).

actually its 2.7 degrees kelvin above absolute zero because of the background radiation from the Big Bang.

• Like 1