nine tailed fox

free will is BS

Frankly I don't see much harm in taking the god route

Its just one more abstraction to entertain.

I agree. But then, I am who I am so, from me, what is is what is (for me).

I thought the ponds of marble gardens were already covered??

The pond is usefull because it is full :)

Lao Tzu would say the utility of the pond was in its emptiness, lol.

Yes, but Nietzsche, after denying the existance of any gods, was unable to find a replacement, which people need, other than his Superman. Had he not become mentally unstable he may have secured his replacement for god. But life and death are what they are.

He couldn't find a replacement because he wasn't looking in the right place. He should have looked in the most unlikely place, within himself. He would've found what he was seeking rather than come to the conclusion that because He couldn't find it, therefore nothing exists. He just didn't find it, that's all.

When you talk about Beliefs you talk about something of the head, a left brain decision made from conscious evaluation of data that you've accrued 'out there'. When you speak of Realization it's a totally different thing altogether. Realization are gulps of truth we see about ourselves or life's patterns that are as a result of experience; a merger of the left brain organization with the right brain intuition and knowledge from experience. (Please forgive my oversimplification by referring to left and right brain, but I think it works for these purposes)

this is called self-cultivation. I doubt that he did it.

No, he had sex with a woman he should not have had sex with. He died of syphilis.

That damn Eve did it again

No, he had sex with a woman he should not have had sex with. He died of syphilis. There was no cure for it back then. Even today, if a man waits too long before getting treatment he will die the way Nietzsche did.

BTW What became "The Will To Power", I think, was to be the beginning of finding the best way to replace God. Fred's sister, a Nazi sympathizer, and a Nazi friend put his notes together and published the notes as his final book. One needs be very careful when reading it.

That diagnosis is disputed ... as I found after a quick google :) so its not certain he died of neurosyphilis.

Do you think his mental instability might have been as a result of his enquiry?

Maybe it was also the cause, as well as the result. :)

That diagnosis is disputed ... as I found after a quick google :) so its not certain he died of neurosyphilis.

What do you think of NIetsche, Apech? Answer not to be more than 3000 words plz.

Or 3, if you are feeling particularly succinct.

Lao Tzu would say the utility of the pond was in its emptiness, lol.

I'm glad he's not taking care of my fish ponds.

He couldn't find a replacement because he wasn't looking in the right place. He should have looked in the most unlikely place, within himself. He would've found what he was seeking rather than come to the conclusion that because He couldn't find it, therefore nothing exists. He just didn't find it, that's all.

this is called self-cultivation. I doubt that he did it.

I think that this is an invalid assessment. I think he was aware but could not find a way to express it in a way that others were able to accept. The first thing they would have had to do was give up their god and their religion. They couldn't do that.

That damn Eve did it again

Hehehe. I was trying to not put the blame on the woman. That is why I said "He had sex ..." It was his free will choice.

Yes, it is disputed by religious folks who want him to have died because god was getting even for his saying that "God is dead."

What do you think of NIetsche, Apech? Answer not to be more than 3000 words plz.

Or 3, if you are feeling particularly succinct.

I'm glad you didn't have to ask me that question.