Yeah... but would you try and make yourself angry just to fix it? :D :D

• Like 1

forgiveness

This one is amazing. Basically the only thing you need to heal is forgive yourself, forgive everyone involved, etc. But it can be hard to do it straight up. After forgiving yourself first and then others it feels like healing starts immediately.

Here's a pretty advanced "prayer" that basically goes through every step. It's used by the Jains:

Michchhami Dukkadam Prayer from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micchami_Dukkadam

I forgive all living beings.

May all souls forgive me,

I am friendly terms with all,

I have no animosity toward any soul.

May all my faults be dissolved.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 2

"I don't know it's like an endless pool. if i had to guess where it's comming from I'd say the correct question is"from when" because it's from my childhood mostly."

If you want to delete the pain which can definately done there are ways to do so. Some noteable methods are the healing codes, yuen method and eft matrix reimprinting, I have provided two links earlier in this thread and there is one article I made in the articles section.

I find that some things temporarily cover up the pain numbing it, whereas other methods release it forever.

Then there are many methods and lifestyle choices which exasperate it.

Peace

There are a lot of different perspectives you can work from; the work of Marshal Rosenberg on "non violent communication" is quite popular now, he says at the root of all anger is the perception that one of your needs is not being met somewhere, so you feel you are not being respected, or listened to, or acknowledged etc and the solution is to trace back the anger to the unfulfilled need and express that rather than the anger. It's hard work though as you dig into your vulnerability.

From the egoic point of view often anger is a result of the belief that something should be different from what it is, so the actual energy of anger is't the issue as anger is just an energy rather it is the story and beliefs you have around things, so things like basic CBT can be use to question or analyse some of your thoughts and beliefs, or the work of Byron Katie is a fast efficient way of doing it which can also highlight some of your dark areas.

From the Buddhist point of view the classic advice for anger comes from chapter six in Shantidevas book the Guide to the Boddhisattva's way of Life, where he says the basic antidote to anger is patience, because at first when some problem is close up it seems so huge and important which creates anger, but if you keep doing spiritual work then the problem stays the same size but your perspective and consciousness gets bigger so relatively the problem which is causing the anger gets smaller and smaller until it doesn't create the same reactions in you. So the analogy is that if you keep climbing the mountain then what is at the bottom appears smaller and smaller the more you climb.

From the Taoist point of view anger is rising energy, which is why your head goes all red when angry, so doing a Water Method downward form of Qigong can help to cool the rising energy, so the work of Bruce Franzis might help or Hakuin Butter Pill meditation. I was recently reading the Qigong Master Chunyi Lin's book and he explains his history how he was treated completely inhumanely for most of his childhood and suffered extreme hardships during the cultural revolution and developed extreme anger and resentment because of it, but managed to get completely over it using his Qigong which he now teaches and apparently everyone who meets him says he is full of joy and not angry at all.

Try to take up sports or endurance sports. I love cycling. The other day, I did 80 miles in a bit over 5 hours. Put that anger to the pedals and go fast. :)

I haven't much time what with my work and all. I'd love to be back lifting at the gym at nights but Im also pretty much broke and I can't afford it. Let alone the risk with how absurdly dangerous my town is. Financial situation's become stressful for me as well so there's that bugging me too, probably making me more agressive than usual.

I'll try to get back at joggin though. I've felt too tired and angry to do it again when i get home from work but I guess it takes discipline's all.

Wow thanks for the replies everyone. it's different i've never experienced something like this, all this positive feedback on something so personal it's a pretty alien feeling to me, I am very grateful and Im making sure to read every comment with care as not to miss anything.

• Like 1

Yeah... but would you try and make yourself angry just to fix it? :D :D

Well, let's not abuse the system.....shall we...!!! :D :D :D

• Like 1

Right or left foot?

Both; it is because the liver meridians are symmetrical on both legs.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Looking back on the times I lost it, there is a peculiar asymetry that has always occurred.

I acted in the interest of gaining more power or control of the situation but the results always led to the opposite.

So there is something promised in the immersion of rage that is not delivered in actuality.

Where did this promise come from?

It is the question that swallows up rage, not an answer to it.

• Like 1

Anger is a gift, if said anger is just. The surge in energy and force can be useful in that moment. If one is constantly having rage fits, one has merely found a method to get whatever it is that they want. It is easy for a fool to be violent.

Rage to me is a double edge sword. You can burn a lot of energy and not fix a problem or convince any one of anything. Still stuck in the same place, depleted, and possibly embarrassed.

What i have found about myself is, i tend to have anger spurts when i am around individuals who lack interest in the intellect or knowing one's self, so to speak. I hate calling people stupid, as it automatically makes me seem superior. but some people are and i honestly dont know what to say to some folks. Why i get angry, i dont have the slightest clue. So i practice silence instead.

Edited by DragonsNectar69k
  • Like 1

Hey Samurai Mountain Man, I have the same problem as you !

I've been struggling with anger issues for years. I've got some posts somewhere on the forums about it.

I've tried lots of things that folks have suggested. Most of them DO work, but, in my case, only for a short time.

My practices are good, simple and solid.

I have a good diet, have practiced chi kung and meditation daily for over a decade, and do lots of walking.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it's just the way I am and I'll have to live with it and try not let it affect others around me.

Good luck

Anger is an useful energy. It can easily turn into courage, which is very much needed in the battle field. Human history is a war history. We males are conditioned to generate anger easily by millions years of fighting. To change the "circuit" of anger machine in a few years isn't easy.

One method I use is to convert the anger energy into other form of energy. One form is what I call crazy man lion roar. Basically I stand firm with my leg a little wider than my shoulder, raise my both hand upward. My hands shaking fast, the vibration permeat my whole body. I shake my head violently (be careful with your neck) to loose my face muscle, my eye opens wide, and I made the "lion roar" from my LDT. After practice, I can do it silently in the stall of a bathroom.

If that's not enough, I turn into the Iceman/Chuck Liddel pose, and shout up to the sky "f%$k you, God. You f&$king piece of shit!". Also in silent if people can hear me.

I think it's a good use of energy. I fixed a few blockage that way.

Of course, it's a temp fix.

Good luck.

One way I do it is to "re channel" my anger. In plain language, I would take the high road. That is, I would seek out the reasons behind my anger, which is usually the result of karmic actions initiated by the other parties. Listen, my old college dean wanted to expel me because of the insights I gained from my kundalini energy rising. To something more recent 1 to 2 years ago....confrontation with the NY police over being ticketed for red light violation on my bicycle, inside a closed city park!!!! When cars weren't even allowed driving in the park. I belong to a pretty large network of cyclists and racers. The NY police would often go on with their ticket blitz (ticketing cyclists riding inside the close city parks) whenever they feel like it. Cyclists are often considered second class citizens. Here, I would look inward and converting my fear and anger emotions into the conceptual realm. Into knowledge. Into their intents. No fear. No anger. No emotion but sword piercing knowledge into their true nature. Somehow, whatever fear and anger I was supposed to have ended up deflected back to the other parties. One of the officers told me that I acted as if I am more righteous than her. Hahahahaha....that was the whole point, to be in the light.

As a result, I can't be responsible for their own karmic actions because I make them to see their own karma. :)

Edited by ChiForce