manitou

Are there any healers here?

Hi Manitou

here is some advice, don't worry about sword hand and fingers, use your palms. On the palm is a much larger 'pool' of energy point. Get yourself into a calm and detached state, relax completely. When you feel right say in your mind what you want to happen, giving a command is really important. If you have seen my vid. you see the Immortal master moving my arms and drawing a command on the paper (fa fu). It is important to give energy a direction and a purpose.

Get your subject to breathe deeply and relax before you give the healing. You will find most people will instantly feel better just after doing this. The reason why, is many pains and diseases are caused by pycho-stress and many emotional traumas not resolved. Tensions in the body blocking the path of energy and vital function.

After your subject has relaxed fully they will feel a sense of 'release' and even strong emotions. You can help someone to heal themselves by literally helping them into a certain state of being. There they can experience the inner blockages of mind and then the body being temporarily released. In that state it is then important to give 'self help' advice. For it was they themselves who 'healed' themselves.

When it comes to energy changing tissue, most peoples energy is not developed to do this. The giver of this energy must be very cultivated and powerful, for the giving of such energy can very easily be depleted in the giver. Here it does not matter what state the subject is in, for the giver is so powerful that they can use their fa to change tissue.

Developing the lower dan tien is very important too and specific 'tightening' exercises of the lower dan tien should be practiced if you want to develop your energy above that of normal running and to stop depletion.

Wonderful advice, thank you! The further I get into this, as you mention, the more we realize that it is the person themselves who are doing the healing for themselves; perhaps the most we can do is 'set the stage' for their mental healing journey.

It reminds me of when the woman touched the hem of Jesus' garment and he told her that it was her strong faith that had healed her. I think this might be the trick for us - to keep the mental state of the healee at the forefront; just as the woman in my earlier post 'drew the energy' up her own legs and into her breast. It's not us doing it. That's where ego must certainly be set aside. There's the blockage.

I've not noticed a depletion of energy, but as I'm talking about this, something just came to mind. My husband Joe (shamanic type) 'walked someone across' the other day; our buddy died. Now, as I read your post, I remember that Joe was totally wiped out for a day or two after he did this. I don't know the first thing about this, but I suggested that perhaps his energy body accompanied Mo's energy body across the abyss and that Joe had to pay a bit of a physical price for this. Does this make any sense to you?

Pyth, I don't doubt for a moment the wonderful healings of qigong. Thanks for the video, the ones I watched were wonderful.

The wonderful thing about our forum are the very many paths that have been followed but which all seem to pool within the same truths. Seems like I've been a gleaner for a long time. If it's a truth, it's true to all, not just some paths. Seems like the deeper and deeper one goes within any individual path, it should all end up in the same pool of truth. This has been my experience as a gleaner.

I love the fact that so often I end up on threads with really great minds; after all, we could not understand each other if our minds were not all One. People come and people go for various reasons on TTB's; I have come and gone for various reasons. But it always seems to come back to the place where there are so very few places where people who think like I do, congregate. At least here in the midwest.

Love to you all.

It occurred to Joe and I tonight at the local Mexican restaurant, that the ultimate healing mindset must be one in which the I Am mindset is completely Known. Or as another would say, Gnown. We are still at the point where we are somewhat surprised when something actually works. We are still somewhat incredulous that this 'baloney', as I would have called it in my prior police career, actually works. I do envy those who are the masters of qigong on this site, and I sometimes wish that I had taken that opportunity to really deeply study and be committed to that type of discipline. Truth is, that type of discipline is not in me.

But an old metaphysical lady I am. And the incredulous thing to me is how we are all sitting at the top of our own individual lodgepoles and actually talking to each other. Because truth is truth. It doesn't matter from whece it comes.

I recall that in the Castaneda series, don Juan told Carlos that when these types of phenomena, whether it be a vision, a healing, anything like that out of the ordinary - the trick is to not indulge in it. To walk away in the moment and go onto the next moment. To walk away the seeming miracle, large or small, we have just been a part of. This is what we were discussing tonight. And all of a sudden this comes back to me in a new way.

It's about Practice. The more we Practice doing this quantum touch, this qigong or whatever discipline has named it, the stronger it will get. This goes directly to the I Am consciousness. Are we truly a part of the One? Do we believe with every fiber of being that we are, indeed, The One? That we indeed are gods, in the end, who have the power to effect the change we desire?

This sounds like the presence of ego but it is not. It is the absence of ego. It is realizing self for what self is. What we are all a part of, and it is the degree of our GNOWING of it (realization of it from the inside) Then there is no need for the individual 'self' this illusory being, to 'try' to heal anyone. It becomes instead a way of triangulation of thought and energy merely directed at the object of our attention by intent and removal of self.

Somebody better stop me.

• Like 2

Edited by sinansencer

Hello Manitou,

It sounds like we're on the same page when it comes to the term impartial but maybe not with the term impersonal, or how some people use it or define it. Yes, there is an impartial/impersonal aspect to Spirit but to me there is also a partial and personal aspect to it that without such it would only be a potential without flow...for instance when a person sincerely reaches their hand out for help then a spiritual hand (so to speak) also reachs out and takes it because it is partial to the spirit of doing so, which is the flow of Spirit unto Spirit which is caring. This True Spirit of caring does not have the complications of jumbled-up human emotions which could get in the way via misinterpretation or misapplication of healing in time of need; further its action can be seen in the workings of what could be called purifed emotion and mind which is a manifest force (and tools) of Spirits Grown-up child, namely the soul of wisdom who is become a keeper of the way that devoutedly works with this Spirit which has mother/father like aspects - granted Spirit does not get bound by man-made emotions and thoughts about it as being only this or that particular form - or as only working in this or that particular manner, which can make for blockage, then again it can and does work in various degrees through such forms (as I believe you have spoken about in some of your posts).

Edited by 3bob

K, I come from the same background as you. Please believe I wasn't trying to ride roughshod. My abuses are legion, as are many of us here, I suspect.

When I went into recovery, my attitude was that of Poor Me, which I had carried around because of these abuses of me. When you're an alkie, the 'poor me' turns into 'pour me', as in 'pour me another drink'. It's for that reason that I had no choice but to reexamine my attitudes towards my victimhood when I started doing the personal inventory required for recovery.

One thing helped greatly. One day I realized that my 6'5" father, a cop, who beat me regularly with his leather belt (among other things) was no doubt brought up the exactly same way. He was beaten by his father who tried to exact perfection out of his son. And his father before him. These tendencies seem to be the gift that just keeps giving down through the generations. Dad just didn't know any better. If I had had kids at the normal child-bearing age (which I never did) there's no doubt in my mind that I would have beat the crap out of my children too. That was all I knew at that time. If I were a parent today, my way of raising a child would be loving and kind. Only because I've learned a different way over my years of study and self-awareness.

Part of the self-awareness process is to get Under the victimhood issues; sometimes blame must come first, then at some point even a type of forgiveness. If not forgiveness, then at least understanding, as the awareness I had about my dad being beaten by his dad. But as long as we wear the victimhood as a badge, that will always be a blockage to clarity and it will color everything we look at.

I worked as a sex crime investigator for years. At first, when I was young, my attitude was one of judgment (although I tried not to show it) when I would be interviewing or interrogating them. After working this detail for years, it occurred to me at some point that so many of the child molesters (in particular) stopped growing emotionally at a given young age because they had often had the very same thing done to them. They had been molested by their father, or their neighbor, or their uncle. It's like the trauma of the event stops the emotional growth along those lines. And sure enough, almost to the man, the age and sex of the child he was molesting usually related DIRECTLY to the same age that the perp was when it happened to him.

I'm not saying child molestation or rape is anything but horrible. But I am saying that it's often the gift that keeps giving down through the years. And there is no reason to cling to our victimhood once we realize this. We can take steps to move beyond that moment in time when the terror happened. It's taken years, but I am now capable of having a picture of my dad and I sitting on a rock in Yosemite that we had climbed together - back when I was about 5 and before the beatings started. I remember how much I loved him then, before the first strapping. Today I can look at that picture hanging on the wall in my bedroom, remember that memory with dad, and recall the love I felt for him, and indeed feel for him again. This is truly a blessing, K. It means I've come full circle and that horrible series of events no longer needs to color my actions and reactions.

Hey Manitou,

Thanks for sharing your story. I don't think your intention is negative at all:-) I do think, I maintain, however, that the belief-system of a healer shouldn't be imposed upon the person asking for help (I'm assuming they asked!)

I'm very far from having a 'victim' mindset. In fact the last thing that I would have found helpful, when help was needed was for anyone to assume that about me.

It's very hard to explain:-) If you wish, at some other point I can get into the details of how I understand things. I was much more, and still am, interested in the truth of what happened. To me the truth of it is more important than adopting any kind of stance or beliefs about matters. I don't know if that's helpful to you in your work at all but I offer it in that sense:)

One of the more positive aspects of cultivation has been IMO/IME the destruction of the wounded self ( we could talk at length but I do consider that 'ego' is the shell I built around myself to survive the abuse. It just had very sharp edges). It was very difficult.

Sometimes it still is difficult, but I'm pretty happy when I look at the changes:-) I'm still more interested in truth more than anything else though. I reckon, even if got super siddhis, I still would prefer truth to them.

--opinion etc--

• Like 1

Wow, there is some profound stuff being covered here.

Manitou & K, child abuse is certainly an issue that is prevalent to me in my own journey, & I would actually love to have it covered in a thread of its own by people as insightful as yourselves. I would be an active contributor to that.

I'm going to find it hard to contribute to this thread, due to its diversity, but will try nonetheless. Rather than try & cover all that has been spoken of (which I would love to- and thanks to all who have shared their experiences and thoughts), I will just drop in what I have experienced, and where my thoughts lie.

One thought is to try & classify healing approaches here in able to give an ordered sense of what foundation things are being accomplished by. For example, for each person referencing the foundations of the healing approaches they are speaking about.

An example of this is channelling "Úniversal Energy" which would be analogous to pouring water into a vessel, and where there are cracks in the vessel, the water automatically runs into & fills them. This was the explanation I was given of Reiki, though it is obviously a generalisation.

As a comparison, one might go into another's energy field to find specific interactions between say an etheric body, and its manifestation in the physical and try to improve or resolve the interface between those levels, at which is the cause of dysfunction. Its more direct, more specific, more in need of mindfulness & discernment.

That is not to discredit any approach, it's just to add to the idea on how diverse this field is. Add this to the power of infinity and you have an idea of just how diverse it may be. Manitou, you may find freedom in this fact, in that you are highly sensitive, highly skilled and insightful, and that you may be free to discover & create whatever approaches that you find are suitable to you and where you are at. There are no hard & fast rules, though having said that, training is helpful to help orientate you through different systems and their basic concepts. An example in my field is Western vs Eastern concepts of how the body works, and intervention/medicine.

My previous comment of just sitting with the body and having a conversation with your hands, is the end result of me striving as a youthful enthusiast, and realising that I may be projecting everything I know onto the recipients body in order to help them achieve some benefit from their session with me (nothing wrong with that either- keen to do what I could). Call me lazy, but now that I am older & have life experience, I now just get a general overview, approach with the person with little more agenda than to learn about what is going on & create a friendly supportive energetic rapport. This acknowledges that I only know what I know, and not what I don't. It also shows an empathetic willingness to be present and accept the person on whatever level they are at. I simply look for a window of opportunity to engage, and let it flow from there. I have not devised a ritual concept as you did with your lady with breast cancer- that was some amazing insight from you. There is much I have not covered. Stuff like the Yuan Method I find truly amazing, yet I have issues with a few of its elements also.

Where I am at, at the moment is to personally add a few distinctions here are the concepts between:

channelling vs internal self healing - an external energy source supplementing/or even overriding the person's limited abilities to heal versus an internal locus of control through the person's own ability to internally resolve what is going on in their system and heal themselves. An example being prayer or Reiki vs manipulation of one's energy meridians.

clearing vs integrating - getting "rid of" unwanted energy/energetic patterns, or restructuring/reconceptualising them in order to have them settle in easier within the person's own energetic system, and be accepted rather than rejected. An example here may be clearing past karma vs accepting the consequences of past karma, and moving on from it as necessary.

There is a whole lot more of course, and I am not wanting to create a "vs" sense of competitiveness here, that one is better than another, but more to illustrate the differences in the contrasting approaches of the total spectrum that this field encompasses.

I will give a few more examples of the different phases and mindsets I have passed through if appropriate, but hope that helps so far.

• Like 1

This is a very sweet and welcoming thread, full of good information. Really good work here.

When I was 13yrs old, I began experiencing consistent pressure and flowing heat in my hands. The inner voice

was advising to concentrate on non-discriminating focus, and apply the hands to wherever there is dis-ease.

At that time my mother had a golf ball sized tumor on her ovaries, that inner voice guided me to go to my mother. So I ran to her, had her lie on the couch before her doctor's check up, and told her give me 5 minutes. She did, and in 5 minutes she began telling me that she felt a pulling and squeezing in the place of her tumor. (She refused to take any kind of medication for any sickness)

She was just about to visit the doctor for a check up on how big the thing was getting, so after 5 minutes she had to get up and head to the dr.s office. I told her just 5 more minutes and it would be gone. She said she couldn't wait and then took off.

When she returned home, she said straight up, she didn't know what I did, but the tumor had shrunk down and went from malignant to benign. She said the Dr. was shocked as hell, and my mother said she didn't say a word to him.

At that point, I put the instances together and began further cultivating this practice, deepening my practices for this cultivation and becoming aware of Tuina and Dian Xue through meditation practice and teachers which came through meditation. I was seeing friends and their friends when they were sick, classmates and strangers.

When I was 20 or so, I decided to find out what Reiki was, took all their levels, and even taught it for a short time, but later found that it still just wasn't enough.It wasn't to be the sole practice, I was just curious as to what it entailed, and soon after came to certain ..."realizations" about it that I didn't see fitting, as well as it not being enough to do the deed. (not to be discussed here, lol)

From my early teens to mid 20s I treated many "patients", ranging from colds, to sprains, to asthma attacks, asthma itself, broken bones, cancers and comatose. Now, I don't even bother unless the person is really ready to commit to healing. Most have wasted their energy, my efforts and "time", and only reaped short term benefits due to their lifestyle habits.

There is so much info out there on hands on healing, all speaking a generally similar point, feeling an unconditional love for those who you would be treating. As a young teen, I began investigating the many books out there, but couldn't get past the first few pages, cover included. Sometimes, the most profound thing shouldn't be fluffed up to become something too mysterious and new-agey, and a great lot of those books kept repeating themselves chapter after chapter (after skimming through it), not even touching on true methods, but more fluffy universal sparkles and berries just to make it seem more and more spiritual.

So I stopped checking out books, and further applied myself in personal practice, learning to further cultivate it. Funny, I am just beginning to write a book on cultivation, and as much as I can speak of about it..and one thing I told myself was..."remember all those old new agey books and all that smurf-berry nonsense they spoke about?...Let's not do that." HAHAHAHAHA

Anywho, I really enjoyed skimming through the posts in this thread, and such compassion felt from everyone compelled me to share a little, which is what I hardly do with my personal early practices. Thanks for that every one.

Peace and Blessings,

Lin

Edited by 林愛偉
  • Like 7

Beautiful, sublime & inspirational Lin, awesome. Thank you. It's beautiful hearing personal anecdotes.

Hello Manitou,

It sounds like we're on the same page when it comes to the term impartial but maybe not with the term impersonal, or how some people use it or define it. Yes, there is an impartial/impersonal aspect to Spirit but to me there is also a partial and personal aspect to it that without such it would only be a potential without flow...for instance when a person sincerely reaches their hand out for help then a spiritual hand (so to speak) also reachs out and takes it because it is partial to the spirit of doing so, which is the flow of Spirit unto Spirit which is caring. This True Spirit of caring does not have the complications of jumbled-up human emotions which could get in the way via misinterpretation or misapplication of healing in time of need; further its action can be seen in the workings of what could be called purifed emotion and mind which is a manifest force of its Grown-up child, namely the soul of wisdom who is become a keeper of the way that devoutedly works with this Spirit that has mother/father like aspects - granted that Spirit that does not get bound by man-made emotions and thoughts about it as being only this or that particular form - which can get in the way, then again it can and does work in various degrees through such forms (as I believe you have spoken about in some of your posts).

I still think we're barking up the same tree. Unconditional love is the undercurrent, and this undercurrent is available to every single one of us. As I have a loving heart, and you do too, the call of 'spirit' is heard many times throughout the day and my heart responds to it, as do my actions. There is no longer a human being (or animal) which is off-limits for our compassion, once we realize that we are all One and that person is just the other half of us.

The man-made emotions, often generated by ego, are not part of this process at all.

• Like 1

Being a bit on the cerebral side as opposed to the physical side, I guess this is why Mary Baker Eddy's thoughts-on-steroids approach to illness being caused by 'erroneous thinking' appeals to me as much as it does. It truly makes sense, at a theoretical level - matter, at it's smallest component, is illusory; then theoretically we should be able to handle this illusion by corrective thinking.

Pyth, I truly loved the video about the young man whose life had been turned around from that horrible epileptic world he lived in by the unconditional love of his healer. And it seems that she tapped into exactly what I talked about in the above paragraph; to turn around his error thinking. although it took a while, her staying on top of the situation for a lengthy period of time got him to fully realize that he had the power to either invite the epilepsy into his body (his "house", as he envisioned it) or to make it stay away.

I believe this goes to what we mentioned before. We must TRULY REALIZE what we really are and how powerful our thoughts are. Apparently the repetition of that young man telling himself he was healthy and there was nothing wrong with him was sufficient to get him to REALIZE.

Belief is one thing. That is of the brain. Realization is another thing, not predominantly of the brain. It is that sudden flush of awareness, the Aha!, or the Oh, Yeah! that surprises us from the inside; when we finally internalize and make ours what we have taken into the brain previously. It's like reading something heady from a year ago, and then finally having an experience that drives it home, makes it real to you.

When invited to try a healing on someone, one of the first things I do is try and determine what the person's present circumstances ARE, not what they say they are. If they say their life is just fine (and besides, what does that have to do with my physical problem??), then I do find it important to look at their surroundings and what they have created for themselves. Is their home a mess? Is their car a mess, or their personal hygiene less than desirable? This tells us something too - it tells us that they are not impeccable within themselves, and sometimes a dynamic can be seen from examining their situation from a distance (perhaps their family dynamic into which they play). Once the circumstance can be seen clearly (this must be done by someone who has seen themselves to the bone and isn't distorted by their own inner clutter) then this situation can be easily used for one point of the triangulation. At least that's been my experience, and it is this triangulation that can be used to find the 'historic instigator' that set them upon this path, this tendency. This of course is added to their own oral history and take on the situation. But it usually takes a set of 'outside eyes' to really see the dynamic; they are usually too caught up in it,.

Once this causation can be found, the erroneous thinking can be re-imprinted to the opposite direction or otherwise worked with.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

I still think we're barking up the same tree. Unconditional love is the undercurrent, and this undercurrent is available to every single one of us. As I have a loving heart, and you do too, the call of 'spirit' is heard many times throughout the day and my heart responds to it, as do my actions. There is no longer a human being (or animal) which is off-limits for our compassion, once we realize that we are all One and that person is just the other half of us.

The man-made emotions, often generated by ego, are not part of this process at all.

Yes, the unconditional love is the true source of cure.

However, I believe the emotion is the initial spark/invite to start the whole chain reaction.

I have no experience in healing others. I'm just trying to cure myself first.

My take on positive or negative thought(s) and or emotion(s) is that they are only a part ot the situation... because by themselves they are like computer programs that can have energy flow through them which results in powering them up or not, thus it is really the amount of energy flowing through such programs that does the deed so to speak. Is that energy positive, negative or neutral in itself... I'd say neutral like although life supporting and providing in its basic and original state. Thus negative as related to the term "negative energy" or evil has no root or source of its own, all it can do if allowed to run its negative program is to steal and or corrupt that which is neutral like although in a positive way of being life supporting and providing for all beings.

Edited by 3bob

Being a bit on the cerebral side as opposed to the physical side, I guess this is why Mary Baker Eddy's thoughts-on-steroids approach to illness being caused by 'erroneous thinking' appeals to me as much as it does. It truly makes sense, at a theoretical level - matter, at it's smallest component, is illusory; then theoretically we should be able to handle this illusion by corrective thinking.

Pyth, I truly loved the video about the young man whose life had been turned around from that horrible epileptic world he lived in by the unconditional love of his healer. And it seems that she tapped into exactly what I talked about in the above paragraph; to turn around his error thinking. although it took a while, her staying on top of the situation for a lengthy period of time got him to fully realize that he had the power to either invite the epilepsy into his body (his "house", as he envisioned it) or to make it stay away.

I believe this goes to what we mentioned before. We must TRULY REALIZE what we really are and how powerful our thoughts are. Apparently the repetition of that young man telling himself he was healthy and there was nothing wrong with him was sufficient to get him to REALIZE.

Belief is one thing. That is of the brain. Realization is another thing, not predominantly of the brain. It is that sudden flush of awareness, the Aha!, or the Oh, Yeah! that surprises us from the inside; when we finally internalize and make ours what we have taken into the brain previously. It's like reading something heady from a year ago, and then finally having an experience that drives it home, makes it real to you.

When invited to try a healing on someone, one of the first things I do is try and determine what the person's present circumstances ARE, not what they say they are. If they say their life is just fine (and besides, what does that have to do with my physical problem??), then I do find it important to look at their surroundings and what they have created for themselves. Is their home a mess? Is their car a mess, or their personal hygiene less than desirable? This tells us something too - it tells us that they are not impeccable within themselves, and sometimes a dynamic can be seen from examining their situation from a distance (perhaps their family dynamic into which they play). Once the circumstance can be seen clearly (this must be done by someone who has seen themselves to the bone and isn't distorted by their own inner clutter) then this situation can be easily used for one point of the triangulation. At least that's been my experience, and it is this triangulation that can be used to find the 'historic instigator' that set them upon this path, this tendency. This of course is added to their own oral history and take on the situation. But it usually takes a set of 'outside eyes' to really see the dynamic; they are usually too caught up in it,.

Once this causation can be found, the erroneous thinking can be re-imprinted to the opposite direction or otherwise worked with.

Yeah Manitou - Lesley Ann Vincent is a qigong master - third eye fully open. She said how she sat in full lotus till her how lower body was numb. haha. So it takes serious training to do her type of healing.

This is a great healing overview local news coverage....

• Like 2

Spotless - a question for you. Do you try and impart or request any type of mental state from the one you're working with? I've experimented with that as well, but don't know if the person can actually vacate their mind at all, as this is a pretty sophisticated state of mind requiring years of meditation. I do often try to synchronize my breathing with theirs, as though 'we are the same entity' (which we are). This seems to help me with the state of Oneness of myself and the other.

I would not recommend synchronizing my energy with one that I am healing. Their physical space is not yours and synchronizing is going to put you in trance.

Start with Your house is your house - and their house is their house.

I will assume they have asked for the healing - in other words - they said - "my roof is leaking" can you help me.

Then you look at the persons house and say "I found the leak - would you like me to work on it?"

They say "yes" and you let them know what progress you are making.

When the work is finished - you let them know - you pull all of your energy out of their space if you had any in there to begin with and remove any of their energy from your space.

It would be best if you are doing your healing/energy work with cosmic energy and not your own energy.

When I start a healing I say Hello to the spirit - this often transforms the entire space of the person.

Specifically I used to make a point of clarifying their space and mine.

I start healings and I end healings - very clearly - I do not take them back home with me.

If you do your healing work by matching energy and becoming one in trance - you will find health problems common. Save the idea of "universal oneness and love" for later - this is very premature at this point - and completely unneccessary.

Channeling is a way of healing that I would not recommend. It is a very easy path to a false destination.

It works, but quick-sand is everywhere.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 1

I will give a few more examples of the different phases and mindsets I have passed through if appropriate, but hope that helps so far.

Please don't stop now. I've got bated breath over here. Or at least that's what someone told me.

Also, do you see a difference between allowing the energy to run from several inches away, or just placing your hands on the person? I've been trying it both ways. and Spotless? Your response didn't seem to come through?

Edited by manitou

Joe and I just got back from breakfast at one of the local greasers. We always grab a different book off our bookshelf every morning, open it arbitrarily, and just find something to discuss over breakfast, of a spiritual nature.

This morning he grabbed The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying, by Sogyal Rinpoche. No thought about it in his head at all. After placing our order, I arbitrarily opened the book and landed on page 200. and started reading out loud to him:

Compassion: Considering yourself the Same as Others: One powerful way to evoke compassion is to think of others as exactly the same as you. "After all," the Dalai Lama explains, "all human beings are the same - made of human flesh, bones, and blood. We all want happiness and want to avoid suffering. Further, we have an equal right to be happy. In other words, it is important to realize our sameness as human beings......."If you consider others just the same as yourself, it will help you to to open up your relationships and give them a new and richer meaning"

Then he continues later:

Compassion: Exchanging Yourself for Others: when someone is suffering and you find yourself at a loss to know how to help, put yourself unflinchingly in his or her place. Imagine as vividly as possible what you would be going through if you were suffering the same pain."....."When you exchange yourself for others in this way, you are directly transferring your cherishing from its usual object, yourself, to other beings. So exchanging yourself for others is a very powerful way of loosening the hold on you of the self-cherishing and the self-grasping of ego, and so of releasing the heart of your compassion"

His next paragraph:

Using a Friend to Generate Compassion: Another moving technique for arousing compassion for a person who is suffering is to imagine one of your dearest friends, or someone you really love, in that person's place. Imagine your brother or daughter or parent or best friend (I guess this fellow wasn't married. Or actually, maybe he was, lol) in he same kind of painful situation. Quite naturally your heart will open, and compassion will awaken in you. .....Now take this compassion released in your heart and transfer it to the person who needs your help.

So it's pretty much agreed that compassion (or love) is the oil that lubricates the healing machine.

Synchronicity was with us, I would say.

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

Regarding Positive - Negative and Neutral:

Think : Hot Cold Tepid

Think Don't Like Do Like Not Identified

I think it is good I think it is bad I do not have an opinion (or better yet) It is

Negative energy is not bad energy

Positive energy is not good energy

Think breath in breath out

Neutral energy is the closest to what we might want to call "good energy".

Almost all "love energy" has nothing to do with love.

Virtually all "negative energy" is simply a vibration that is being judged.

Black and White thinking is identified thinking.

You may see energy that is "bad" and it may be another persons answer to their growth - it may be the most positive energy to enter their life.

yin and yang - do you view them as bad and good?

Neutrality is NOT tollerance

It is no inertia

It can be said that if you truly reach this state - you will be at once enlightened.

• Like 4

I dig your post Spotless,

except for a possible misinterpretation that a warm and fuzzy, non-judgemental stroll in a dark park could be made by anyone...

LOL - yes, the non-judgmental stroll in the park.

I understand the mindset, I think. No judgment of the condition as to its goodness or badness. Energy just is, and as I interpret it our body is talking to us with our maladies anyway. That thing inside us sure knows how to act out.

Regarding Positive - Negative and Neutral:

Think : Hot Cold Tepid

Think Don't Like Do Like Not Identified

I think it is good I think it is bad I do not have an opinion (or better yet) It is

Negative energy is not bad energy

Positive energy is not good energy

Think breath in breath out

Neutral energy is the closest to what we might want to call "good energy".

Almost all "love energy" has nothing to do with love.

Virtually all "negative energy" is simply a vibration that is being judged.

Black and White thinking is identified thinking.

You may see energy that is "bad" and it may be another persons answer to their growth - it may be the most positive energy to enter their life.

yin and yang - do you view them as bad and good?

Neutrality is NOT tollerance

It is no inertia

It can be said that if you truly reach this state - you will be at once enlightened.

Its a worthwhile point being made here Spotless. Neutrality is not unconditional love, and it is a good distinction to make that we are not all talking about the same thing when it comes to healing and its varied approaches.

Unconditional love surely heals. Big time.

Neutrality/non-dualism IME helps things to flow and come up for healing with ease. I AM and IT JUST IS reside in this space I am sure LOL. Would love to hear more on your take on this Spotless, contrasting the approaches.

I have a mentor/colleague, who isn't particularly the most heart centred person, but has amazing skills and abilities by remaining personally neutral, and treating all her palpatory experience in a session simply as information to process, and nothing more. Helps her retain clarity and good perception.

When getting caught up mentally within a session, I have used opposites, similar to what Spotless ahs described above, to help free me up & get me back in to a neutral/non judgemental state. Things like reciting black/white, good/bad, can/can't, should/shouldn't, hot/cold, hard/soft etc.

Edited by Sanzon

Please don't stop now. I've got bated breath over here. Or at least that's what someone told me.

Also, do you see a difference between allowing the energy to run from several inches away, or just placing your hands on the person? I've been trying it both ways. and Spotless? Your response didn't seem to come through?

Manitou, depends what you are doing as far as where your hands go. I go with the flow and just follow the changes in most instances. You will probably find that the flow changes as you change your mindset as well. As you are exploring at the moment, perception is key. If you go in looking for problems and healing them, the session will go differently to if you were to approach it in identifying a problem, and then looking to see how the person is handling it themselves, and focussing on amplifying their strengths rather than focussing on their weaknesses. If you were to go in to a session with a neutral approach, you may experience that you have less to do because the judgement holding that energy there is no longer relevant when that energy is witnessed non judgementally. Does that kind of make sense? Again, I come from a self-taught background of open exploration rather than a system or technique based approach, so I am a bit free form in what I do as well as understand.

A few examples from my experiences in terms of mindset and distance from the body .

As my Kundalini started settling down, my uncontrollable thrashing body movements became more balanced and would spontaneously lead me into asanas, mudras, and free flowing movements similar to Tai Chi/Thai style dancing with flowing arms & hand gestures. I found this integrated itself into my healing work as well.

One man who approached me for a session, had the personal energy of Kali, and was mentally unsettled, but also very vibed in where he was at in the world. I started with non agenda, with me just moving with the energy, dancing with it, and it led to me drawing strings/ribbons of energy out from his body, unknotting them, unravelling them. I was in a very large space, and had lots of room to move, at one stage I was about 10 meters away from him. The man rose off the table and contorted at times when I pulled ribbons from him, similar to a marionette. I tried to retain a safe space for him to experience whatever he was feeling, and at times had to shield myself from what was happening while making peace mudras with my hands, and remaining present ands available to him yet not scared. Remaining compassionate towards him. It was very powerful and very dramatic. I didn't get any follow up from him so I don't know at what level he was affected and how this changed things for him or not unfortunately.

By comparison, sometimes I will just sit with someone, hands on their body, and look for the stillness in their system/energy/being, and sit with them in that. Its similar to the Buddhist practice of seeing all sentient beings as Buddha. By witnessing it, they are able to experience it, and be it. Things shift & drop away, energetic disturbances lose their relevance, and expansive peace and resonance ensue.

I would probably approach the first man in this way now. It was many years ago now, and I was young, inexperienced, and easily impressed with how convincing the power and high drama of it all was. Now, I might have tried to get underneath the power of it all, and just witness as above, see what was relevant to him.

Once again, hope that is helpful. Just two more angles on a diverse field.

Edited by Sanzon
  • Like 2

In my bodywork, I was practicing Myofascial Release at a health retreat for a while. The movements as I have described above as it happened to me are also how the fascial tissue unwinds it's stresses, and releases cellular memory, emotional charge etc (I found many crossover points of reference to myofascial unwinding & kundalini). So, in a session lasting 90 mins, I would literally unwind a person through their limbs, or perhaps even lightly through their subcutaneous superficial fascia. I might have had only a few people booked in at the start of the day. Emotional release was a goal of this treatment style, and people would gain access to deep states of being & sensation, and often deeply held trauma would come up to be consciously experienced to be let go of. Often people would cry, we would sit and talk, debrief, talk about its meaning, and they would go away feeling liberated, tell all the other guests there that I made them cry, and I would get booked out by the afternoon. Trauma however is not the only emotions that get stored in the body though, it is more a case of what is not expressed is stored within. I had one patient in particular absolutely lose it, and laugh histerically & uncontrollably at the end of a session. No good having all that good stuff stored without feeling its benefits!

Edited by Sanzon
  • Like 1

In my bodywork, I was practicing Myofascial Release at a health retreat for a while. The movements as I have described above as it happened to me are also how the fascial tissue unwinds it's stresses, and releases cellular memory, emotional charge etc (I found many crossover points of reference to myofascial unwinding & kundalini). So, in a session lasting 90 mins, I would literally unwind a person through their limbs, or perhaps even lightly through their subcutaneous superficial fascia. I might have had only a few people booked in at the start of the day. Emotional release was a goal of this treatment style, and people would gain access to deep states of being & sensation, and often deeply held trauma would come up to be consciously experienced to be let go of. Often people would cry, we would sit and talk, debrief, talk about its meaning, and they would go away feeling liberated, tell all the other guests there that I made them cry, and I would get booked out by the afternoon. Trauma however is not the only emotions that get stored in the body though, it is more a case of what is not expressed is stored within. I had one patient in particular absolutely lose it, and laugh histerically & uncontrollably at the end of a session. No good having all that good stuff stored without feeling its benefits!

Very nice, Sanzon. Thank you for your helpful insights. What a wonderful thread this has been.

Back to the compassion thing for a minute? There was a young man, quite disabled, who recently did a YouTube video, who was advocating for the fact that without his two fathers adopting him, he and his sister were virtually unadoptable, according to him. He was terribly grateful for the fact that his two gay fathers had adopted and raised him, and was offering up his testimony maybe for purposes of a pending supreme court decision.

Did anyone happen to see this fellow? I think his name was Daniel (I'd find it on the internet, but I'm so bad at things like that I'd probably crash the entire TTB site if I tried). I haven't heard a story that poignant in a long time and the compassion welled up inside me so strongly it felt like it came together into a sharp point in my heart. I suspect that any time I have to generate compassion, remembering this fellow would make it easier to transfer the feelings to the one you're working with. It was powerful.

It makes me feel good to know that the great ones, the Dalai Lama's, also have to 'generate' this feeling on occasion as well.

Here is my thought on energetic healing.

I haven't done much healing on others but i have heaps of experience on myself. Using myself as a laboratory i've got alot of insight into qigong / food / exercise / mindset as i've practiced it. Exercise and food can be as complex as you want to make them.

Although it CAN be an immediate miracle cure, I think energetic healing generally is only temporary because you can fix something up but the persons learned natural responses, eating, lifestyle, and thinking habits can revert energetic healing back to it's pre-healed stage very quickly. (My understanding of energic healing is putting the energy fields within the body back into balance). Days, Weeks, Months, or even just a couple of hours and the energetic can be out of whack again. If it's only been a short term problem then the balancing could be more stable and last a long time, but if it's been a long term problem and a habit or natural respone is deeply ingrained (a phobia for example, or ocd) then the habit of having this reaction needs to be addressed and this is the hardest part.

Where the energy is easily changed and altered and solid, using the physical to address the physical is so much more pronounced and effective for healing our physical bodies than anything else. You may be able to more effectively cure some emotional issues that are effecting the physical, and these are valid ways of going 'around' the problem and the problem should be addressed from as many angles as possible because they all support the recovery of the patient, however to most strongly effect the physical, use the physical. This is why western drugs and operations work so well and perform 'miracles' more often than energetic medicine because when you physcially give somebody a new hip, they really do have a new hip, it's not just the old hip working in a new way.

For example, when i did lots of qigong it awoke me to tensions and blockages in my body that i didn't even knew existed. There were heaps of them, in my legs, arms, waist, chest, neck, ears, eyes and nose. The chi unblocked these and showed me what it felt like for each blockage to be released and what it meant to be relaxed. When i came out of meditation it wouldn't take long, minutes or hours for them to block up again. Later i learnt how to physically relax the muscle that was causing each blockage, then i didn't need to rely on my level of chi. I believe the physical effects the energetic much more easily and strongly than the energetic effects the physical. I learnt to physically feel the condition of my organs, without even needing to look at their energy. Frequently feeling the pulse on my wrist i learnt to physically feel through my wrist what i felt inside my organs, yet feeling the organs directly gives me the most accurate picture.

To me the energy is more like the icing on the cake. If the physical can adjust something between 0 and 10 using integers (full numbers), then the energetic can adjust 2.0 either side of a physical adjustment anywhere along that scale at 0.1 intervals. Energy is more refined and can balance to a higher level, but doesn't have the guts, yin, or same pushing power that the physical has to make big changes. To me energy is the intelligence to show you what needs to be done, it is supporting and nourishing, but it's easier and more effective to attend to the real meat and potatoes of it in the physical.

By using the physical i mean physical realisation of tension within the body (energetic blockages that can be found through meditation), and using food (which is physical) and exercise (physical both internal and external) to balance the body. The thing is, all of the theory and understanding is in the realm of energy so you need to be able to understand and interact with the energy so that you can plan things for the physical, plan the way to restore health.

The physical is right there infront of you, it's plain and easy to see. Using whatever is at your means to help you is good too though, if you have good energy skills. I have seen others organ energies and felt them within my self, seen auras, etc, but that what at a time when i spent hours of time spent in meditation, time i just don't have, and am not interested in spending in seated meditation any more. Now i meditate throughout my normal activities, blended it into my life so i don't waste lots of time sitting with my eyes shut.

I now realise that it is easier to heal by dancing, dancing through life doing different activities and eating different foods i am attracted to that balance me automatically. It is the easiest and best, but we are set in our ways and want to continue to do what is making us ill, even though we know it to be the case. We seek difficulty.

That is the difficulty in healing, yourself and others. That is why i feel energetic healing, unless it is regularly applied, is not very effective at fixing long term problems. This is why certain exercises / stretching, foods, and changing your automatic programmed responses to desirable ones are ways that can balance you out while continuing to let you do the things that are bad for you.

If some of the healers here can enlighten me to where they feel my understanding is incorrect or what other methods they use to get high success rates i would love to hear them...

Cheers,

Louis

• Like 2