Sign in to follow this  
Vanir Thunder Dojo Tan

Who REALLY owns the forums

I remember when it was Cameron who had "lots of post", with Yoda way out in front with 6k posts :)

Most of mine were removed when I deleted my personal practice threads, and many more are from moderation (hence not public) So the figure is unfairly inflated ... plus I'd recommend ignoring any actual posts as I rarely know what I'm talking about :P

• Like 3

Clearly, one who knows does not speak.

I agree ... arr crap should have said nothing .... err edit and

0b7a3296-98c4-436f-a5a3-5cc06a8435f3.jpg

• Like 3

• Marblehead Joined 07-July 09

The Tao Bums · 16065 posts

• Mal Stainkey Joined 08-January 07

The Tao Bums · 6734 posts

Mal is in second place and doesnt have even half of marblehead's post count! :lol:

If it bothers you, you can let me know which of my posts I should delete to a point such that I have fewer than you.

Interesting point about level of exposure to voices.

Is the prolifiic voice more 'important' than the voice of a member who posts a few times a week?

Does power accrue merely through being around a lot and being vocal?

Is the most often heard voice mistaken for the most true?

Is the one who makes the most noise the leader of the group?

What if those who speak the loudest arent the ones we really need to hear?

• Like 5

There are a lot of members here who should never listen to me. (Except to look at my pretty flowers.)

• Like 1

On other sites...the ones with the most posts often are the ones who are there to socialize. This is not pointed at you, Marblehead! But say you take a banjo site, and some guy has 20,000 posts in 3 years. Often, he's just a guy who plays a little banjo, but really isn't accomplished at all. Banjo is secondary; he's there to socialize. There are professional players on that site with 25 posts, after 6 years.

So while the two aren't necessarily correlated, we can just say that post count says nothing about accomplishment in the forum topic. It just says they spend a lot of time on the site and have a lot to say about a lot of topics.

• Like 1

Why?!? WHY?!? Why did I EVER listen to marblehead?!? WWWWHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........ *gasp* i'm not done, i'm only out of breath...

Where was I?

oh yeah...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....................

• Like 2

Interesting point about level of exposure to voices.

Is the prolifiic voice more 'important' than the voice of a member who posts a few times a week?

Does power accrue merely through being around a lot and being vocal?

Is the most often heard voice mistaken for the most true?

Is the one who makes the most noise the leader of the group?

My opinion is thats how it ususally goes so ,yes yes yes yes , and- what you get is concensus of a sort that

doesnt neccesarily meet ones personal need. Its called politics , I think .

There is stuff MH is interested in and there is stuff he doesnt post much on , Gmp was posting about everythiing early on , but now he seems more selective , the only conclusion really to see is that they have a sociable bent , they add a constancy and flavor to the proceedings, and if there is anything one really needs to know that they dont , it is up to them to decide which posts are most significant - the rest are still available :)

Edited by Stosh

if we keep cultivation socialized, however, those truly dedicated to the practice benefit those truly dedicated to conceptualizing, philosophizing (wow is that a real word?), and discussing the ideas behind cultivation, who in turn benefit those who cultivate.

Those who cultivate the practice gain all its first hand benefits.

Those who discuss it, help the practitioners reflect on their practice and realize improvements.

In the long run, the practitioners inspire the socializers who inspire the practitioners.

You and I have learned many things

some of them were right for us

and some of them were wrong

which those are, is hard to know

but only you and I can say

Which it is ,that should go

and which of those should stay

:)

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this