Marblehead

Suspension

I agree the 'bad vibe' has increased. But I question whether that's part and parcel of the forum getting bigger? That what may have been the occasional poster - because, as much as I'd love to separate message and messenger, I don't know if it's realistic to do so - has become more posters. I do have the impression that people were banned more before, but I don't know the numbers.

You may be right -K-. I don't want to point fingers. Hey, I wouldn't even know in which direction to point my finger.

I dislike those posts of negativity we have been seeing more of lately. And no, I have no idea why it is so. I hope it's not a trend of society in general.

I do wish it would stop so that I didn't have to spend time in threads like this one.

I agree the 'bad vibe' has increased. But I question whether that's part and parcel of the forum getting bigger? That what may have been the occasional poster - because, as much as I'd love to separate message and messenger, I don't know if it's realistic to do so - has become more posters. I do have the impression that people were banned more before, but I don't know the numbers.

Very, very few people have actually been banned. By banned I mean the account was permanently blocked. A few more have been suspended for set periods, a week, ten days, 30 days etc. Even these numbers are small and tend to be repeat offenders. You have to work really hard to get suspended on here. And the main thing is always the same ... insulting, talking down, belittling the other person ... which always says to me that if you do this you can't sustain your point of view very well. Its not always politics and gender issues that cause the problem .... Buddhist philosophy on here seems quite fractious ... don't know why people forget their compassion and loving kindness so quick ... but they do.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter if we disagree ... in fact the whole point of debate is to compare, contrast, bring out different points of view ... all Sean and the mod team are asking is ... do this without losing it... that's all really.

• Like 1

You may be right -K-. I don't want to point fingers. Hey, I wouldn't even know in which direction to point my finger.

I dislike those posts of negativity we have been seeing more of lately. And no, I have no idea why it is so. I hope it's not a trend of society in general.

I do wish it would stop so that I didn't have to spend time in threads like this one.

I find TBs goes through cycles, sometimes quiet sometimes noisy, bit like the weather ... I don't think its been particularly bad recently ... in fact I can remember far worse times ... on the politics front I think in America everyone is suffering from post super power blues ... people seem to want to get their gun and head for the hills ...

I find TBs goes through cycles, sometimes quiet sometimes noisy, bit like the weather ... I don't think its been particularly bad recently ... in fact I can remember far worse times ...

Yes, you and I joined about the same time if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm just being too idealistic?

Yes, you and I joined about the same time if I remember correctly. Maybe I'm just being too idealistic?

I think maybe around the same time ... anyway we've both been on here a long time :) ... it's still great ... as I've said before more or less my home page ... always something new ... something I've never heard of or some link that I can follow up ... even its just the music you've been listening to :) a little bird told me that we have two new mods as well. :)

Edited by Apech

Yeah, well, I ain't goin' nowhere because, you know, I never surrender.

More new blood in the Mod Squad might help. My fingers are crossed.

Don't change -K-, you are perfect :wub:

Huh! creeping to the new mods already LOL.

Haha, I'm sure it won't last.

I've been thinking. This modding thing means I'm going to quit using the like button:-)

• Like 1

LOL not really. I just like the sponatneous relation she has with her new TTB status.

But I also understand how jealous you can be not having made this gracious remark before I did, :P

LOL not really. I just like the sponatneous relation she has with her new TTB status.

But I also understand how jealous you can be not having made this gracious remark before I did, :P

I'm going to bring her an apple everyday ... beat that!!!!

No.. I am probably over reacting and owe White Wolf an apology. Sometimes topics take on a life of there own, mutate and spread like memes. Four or five topics on Homosexuality, increasing negative. More and more topics seemed- not racist, but increasingly moving into darker territory. My anger isn't at one person or single topic as much as at the Bums feeling less comfortable, like it was devolving into a nastier place. Again I acknowledge the irony of injecting such high level negativity myself.

Its probably a toss up on whether anything good comes out of this. It's not civility I'm looking for, puck no. I'm hoping for a lessening of nasty generalizations aimed at any group. Its hard, the line is fuzzy and I haven't been a role model for tolerance, but I'll end with this: Say your truth and walk away. Think twice before insulting a whole group, generalizations are always usually wrong and one persons intellectual musing is another's perceived personal insult. <yes that card>

good post! :)

I agree that when there is lots of hostility and reactivity it isnt a comfortable vibe. "Discussion without losing it" as Apech said, is the name of the game.

Conversation without condemnation.

Welcome to K and Viator!

And, just for balance.. I have to say there are some really good and interesting threads that are running at the moment, as always, full of insight and sharing and bum conversation, which is why we come here.

"Where is the Love?"....... its still here! :wub:

• Like 2

The Ignore feature is what allows me to continue to participate here. I have about a dozen members whose posts consistently bother me ignored. If I choose to view their posts I expect negativity or whatever it is that I decided I would not like to see their posts. I'm actually rather ignorant of a lot of what has been happening lately because of this. Don't feed the trolls.

• Like 3

I'm going to bring her an apple everyday ... beat that!!!!

You're not getting away with that anyway.

Apple is historically a problematic fruit, I bet you'll get in trouble sooner than later with that fruit. Besides, she will have some stuck between the teeth and will curse you for that very reason.

So I 'll bring her a toothpick everyday. Don't scratch your head, man, I am just the best.

You're not getting away with that anyway.

Apple is historically a problematic fruit, I bet you'll get in trouble sooner than later with that fruit. Besides, she will have some stuck between the teeth and will curse you for that very reason.

So I 'll bring her a toothpick everyday. Don't scratch your head, man, I am just the best.

Damn you bubbles you win again!

Damn you bubbles you win again!

I'll give you a toothpick so that you can burst my nonsense bubbles. Without fair-play there is no play.

The Ignore feature is what allows me to continue to participate here. I have about a dozen members whose posts consistently bother me ignored. If I choose to view their posts I expect negativity or whatever it is that I decided I would not like to see their posts. I'm actually rather ignorant of a lot of what has been happening lately because of this. Don't feed the trolls.

Just to bump it. Bold parts are mine. Thanks.

ooh, Concierge eeh? pretty nifty. did you get a crown and scepter?

No. I got a bunch of new forum buttons and many more things to consider than I was expecting. This forum is massive!