Marblehead

Suspension

No. I got a bunch of new forum buttons and many more things to consider than I was expecting. This forum is massive!

Its like the star ship enterprise.

• Like 2

Its like the star ship enterprise.

Oh very similar:-) I may have to change my name to something else accordingly.

just not associated with the ensign rank, mm'k?

No, I was thinking about one of the button-pushing characters. I'm pretty sure every season has a different one. OR, it could be a more ship-driving character. I guess it depends on how we want to go with the metaphor:-)

Well, this morning I was made aware of another sad happening: My friend, the ChiDragon, has been suspended for 14 days.

I have no freakin' idea why! He didn't say.

The Taoist Sage denies no one.

True, we are not Taoist Sages.

But I still think that public notification of suspensions should be made to include who was suspended, why, and for how long.

It is not fair to the members of Taobums for members to be banned or suspended without public notification.

• Like 2

It is not fair to the members of Taobums for members to be banned or suspended without public notification.

Word. Why aren't the moderators giving an answer here?

Word. Why aren't the moderators giving an answer here?

I have no idea why none have yet spoken to this thread and the subject of concern.

i would personally like to request the mods "air" my information abotu the forum in the event that moderative or administrative actions is necessary.

I've been arrested without knowing why... and frankly, it inspired the murder, kill, death instinct, not the obey, comply, respect indoctrination they expected...

Suffice to say i dont expect to be hog tied and hauled off from TTB, but in the event, i want a complete manifesto of why that ever all took place. :P

Im sure HERE there's good reason, but i believe in power to the people to KNOW those GOOD REASONS. so unless the individual explicitely requests to remain anonymous, i think the default should be information sharing, let the whole forum know why their friend has been arrested.

HAHA! good point, good point, you're right, i was thinking more in terms of bans then temporary leave :lol: my bad :lol:

However i still think the principal point applies, that in the event, information should be available to the forum without havign to wait till the member returns.

Is it possible to at least make the option, in the event, for the individual at hand to inform the forum promptly instead of afterwards?

i would personally like it so that i know when my friends disappear on the boards, why they did...

Of coruse that is all hinging on my own core belief of free will; that it must be consentual and willing.

I am thinking of proceduralizing the situation, much like reading your rights: you ask "do you want the details of the/this event disclosed?" and swiftly make the info available on the forum for the individual and their friends to rest easy knowing that everyone is caught up with the drama and gossip LOL

But when people go missing from the forum due to administering moderation upon them, i usually liek to know if it was a real issue or if they were wronged.

My faith in the forum's choice of mods generally erases any fear of wrongdoings, but confirmation still takes a load off.

The persons who have been suspended have been informed of the action and the reason.

It is not the view of the moderators that it is appropriate to air these members' business before the rest of the membership, especially while they are absent and unable to comment on the information we might present. Certainly when these members return they are more than welcome to talk about their thoughts about their short break from the boards if they feel that is productive.

:)

First, thank you for responding. It is so nice to know that someone is listing when they are talking.

Sure, the individual who was suspended was informed. But what about we who were having a discussion with that individual and are waiting for a response from him/her? Are we being ignored by that member? Did I make that member mad at me when I said whatever the last time I posted to him/her.

And what about all of us who have no idea why the member was suspended or banned? What if we make the same mistake without any foreknowledge? Will we get banned or suspended as well without having any idea that we just violated a law without knowing the law existed?

And even perhaps more importantly, public notification of suspensions and bans will prevent rumors and conspiracy theories from ever starting.

I am an Anarchist but I still want to know what laws are in force wherever I might be so that I do not knowingly ignore the law.

In the 'real world' all detentions, arrests, judgements are a matter of public information. We are not, at least here in the US, supposed to have anything similar to the Nazi "SS". I think that we should not have anything similar to that on Taobums either. Everything should be done in the open, free of censorship and coverups.

• Like 2

me and MH are teh rabble rousers, arent we?

NO I AER TEH AHMBURGULAR! HAVE GIMME YOUR HAMS AND I WILL BE!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

edit:
cat, Marblehead and viator like this... SIMULTANIOUSLY!

Seriously. i posted this and refreshed the forum index afterward and already had 3 notificated "likes" :lol:

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant
  • Like 2

me and MH are teh rabble rousers, arent we?

NO I AER TEH AHMBURGULAR! HAVE GIMME YOUR HAMS AND I WILL BE!

RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!

Well, you keep rabbling and rousing but make sure you are being nice about it so that you don't get yourself into trouble.

^ again.

I dont want to get in trouble again.

Speaking ofwhich, i should request a PPF :P

Actually, i want my PPF to be a sub board in my original PPF :D XD are we allowed to do that??? :P

"Actually, i want my PPF to be a sub board in my original PPF :D XD are we allowed to do that??? :P"

I think it's doable. Will be right back.

i think the real concern isnt so much the sub forum but the fact that my old PPF is from another account that mal wasnt able to ressurrect from the banyard...

I can't find any PPF that could be from you with an old account. Do you want a PPF?

Stoner Shadow Wolf :lol:

I have jsut been using it for my PPF since it always ever was mine. i jsut dotn have administrative capabilities there, and that is what i was wondering, specifically, if a sub-board in my former PPF would still grant me admin?

EVEN so, i dont need anotehr PPF, and if i do, it belongs in SSW sub-board. i feel that there are things i wrote as SSW that i dont want to remove, no matter how humiliating or exposing... it is for my personal growth taht i dont forget where i came from.

I'm in a hurry:-) It's lunchtime;-)

Edit: OK, go try now. It should let you admin it, mod it etc. If not, let me know.