Sign in to follow this  
CrunchyChocolate555

Connecting the energy of the legs in the MCO?

My understanding is that is that takes about 3 years to opent the mini orbit and 7 to open the macro orbit (these are generalizations). You should find a teacher whom can tell you how far you have progressed instead of guessing.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Hey everyone,

Does anyone here have a simple guide, or even better, some experience in connecting the MCO orbit to the legs (and even arms!)? I'm pretty sure I'm ready to do this now.

Thanks!

You could try to engage perinium and kwa joints

Where'd you get that info, OldGreen?

A vague quote from my memory. I think i might have read it in Mysteries of the Life Force. Ofcourse with different methods and different levels of dedication it caries.

http://www.amazon.com/Mysteries-Life-Force-Apprenticeship-Master/dp/1591810558/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1360467924&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Mysteries+of+the+life+force

My 2 cents, Peace

No teacher, and probably I haven't opened up all my blockages, (actually, all the areas you named there are the worst offenders for me) but I think my alignments are pretty good.

Is there any reason (downsides) as to why one should not attempt to include the legs, though? Like I mean, real concrete reasons outside of "because it says so in the book". I know that my legs are quite detached from the rest of my body (energetically speaking) and I'm sure I would benefit by including them..

In the same vein of idquest's reply...how are your alignments? Have you learned proper/good alignments from a teacher? And, are you free from restrictions/bindings in the shoulders/armpits, kwa, back of heart, occiput & jaw?

Edited by CrunchyChocolate555

Hi Crunchy,

Some years ago I was playing with two sets of those chiming Chinese health balls, and noticed that they were inducing a flow, hands to head, head to feet, feet to head. The chinese do claim that the balls induce meridian flows from you hands, but I was stunned. Even if it's true, I would just never expect to actually feel it! I figured it was a one time thing, but it happens every time I pick them up! I start my chi gung practice with them now, just to get things cooking fast. I haven't ever worked on getting the circuit going without using the balls, though... The balls, also called Baoding Balls, are mentioned on a number of threads here. You can find those threads by googling with this term:

"site:theTaoBums.com chinese health balls"

I don't know if it will actually open the macrocosmic orbit for you, but it may help you clear the necessary circuits.

Sure feels good, anyway! (If you decide to do it, you have to find two sets of the old heavy balls. The new ones are too light weight to make good vibration in the hands.)

You could also do a practice I learned under the name "Ten Breaths, Eight Mai", which circulates the chi through the eight extraordinary channels (eight mai) and covers the macrocosmic orbit. You can find a version in Charles Luk's book, Taoist Yoga, pgs 25-26.

Joe Blast kindly posted those 10 steps/breaths in another TB thread:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/24433-extending-your-sitting-meditation-time/

Scroll down to his post (last one on the first page) for the ten step description.

• Like 1

Minke DeVos (silentground.com) has a good guided meditation of the microcosmic Orbit (Tao Basics CD) that takes the feeling from the center channels out to the arms and legs. Though its easy to fool oneself that the feeling is the real thing. Old Green has a point it takes time and is better with an experienced teacher.

I dont want to hike all the way to base camp, but unfortunately I cant helicopter up to the hilary step, either :lol:

If you want to begin to connect your extremities to your centre you can try this exercise. Sit comfortably with your hands open and relaxed in your lap. Palms facing each other. Put your attention at your DT, breathe into the DT. Switch your attention to the laogong points on your palms. Breathe out of palms. Repeat. Pay attention.

Disclaimer: this is something I am practicing - not something I am qualified to teach.

Cheers

Rob

Zhan zhang is supposed to open your leg channel, so is horse stance.

Tai Chi is to move chi along leg and arm channels. Bagua is to connect the channel and with heaven and earth.

Find a good teacher who really know how to do it might be hard.

yes, more zz, more horse stance! in fact, horse stance is far more effective than a swear jar, instead of putting a worthless dollar in every time you curse, just sentence yourself to 30 seconds horse stance for each offense! :lol:

best to identify signals before trying to manipulate them.

Is there any reason (downsides) as to why one should not attempt to include the legs, though? Like I mean, real concrete reasons outside of "because it says so in the book". I know that my legs are quite detached from the rest of my body (energetically speaking) and I'm sure I would benefit by including them..

A really basic principle for moving qi gong is that "the whole body moves at once". The body is integral. I think qigong approaches that isolate parts of the body, without a balanced perspective (and method) that is inclusive of the rest of the body... watch out.

Sign in to follow this