Protector

Americans bringing everybody down

I blame HiViz jackets.

Put anyone into one of those and in a job involving joe public and they seem to turn onto right little Hitlers.

If you seriously reduce everything down, religion is the cancer,...while banking, business, media, etc are merely symptoms.

Show Christianity for the meme it is, and Islam and Judeaism will crumble behind it,...thus bringing an end the disease of theism, and bring on a birthing of Human Beingness. As Buddhism and Taoism are by nature, not religions,...those who currently approach Buddhism and Taoism as belief systems, will begin to advance what Buddhism and Taoism actually point to,...a consciousness beyond sentient thinking.

i don't think you will get very far with that "my way is better than other peoples way" type attitude. But hey, that's just like, your opinion man

Edited by Flolfolil

Writing down an observation

What a paaaaaaaaaain, the TV people are already trying to scare everyone with their terrorists and economy and something else.

But then, most of these things happen in the US

Amen, if it bleeds it leads, we get a false sense of impending disaster peddled by extremists in order to fill TV/media time. There's an industry thats fed by keeping people up in arms about ..whatever cause will get eyeballs and even better a subscription to a heavy dose of hyper-partisan nonsense.

Look at the answers to your initial post. So many are people rushing to defend there pet cause, particularly when its extreme. You've given them an opening to pontificate. I was watching a comparison of the debate on gay rights in the British parliament government vs the U.S. senate. The U.S came off as irrational fear based lunatics. Hopefully its just a camera was on them and they're playing to an audience that wants high drama instead of factual arguments<which can be made by each side>, but it a real problem here.

Edited by thelerner

If you seriously reduce everything down, religion is the cancer,...while banking, business, media, etc are merely symptoms.

Show Christianity for the meme it is, and Islam and Judeaism will crumble behind it,...thus bringing an end the disease of theism, and bring on a birthing of Human Beingness. As Buddhism and Taoism are by nature, not religions,...those who currently approach Buddhism and Taoism as belief systems, will begin to advance what Buddhism and Taoism actually point to,...a consciousness beyond sentient thinking.

Banks, Gov, Business, Media (International)

^ All the same - "Religion" plays a significant part in it also.

---

When I say "Religion" plays a significant part...

I mean that "Religion" is at the very "heart" of it...

That Banking/Gov/Media etc are all tools of this "Religion"

It is no secret that secret societies are largely involved in all of the above.

For example... centuries ago (+ perhaps more recently... Bolshevik "Revolution" + Others) the Vatican spent a great deal of time killing christians and doing all it could to prevent texts from getting to the general public.

image-23701-galleryV9-ivjv.jpg

^ looks like the deepest pits of hell to me? on earth...

Some of the methods used... I think the devil himself ...

You could say the Vatican was the devil.

This devilish group are at the top of all organised everything.

Christianity, Islam, Judaism are like the Blue Lodges of the Masonic Order.

Once you get past a certain degree... having been selected / initiated... showing the "desirable" characterists... or born into it...

The organisation starts to take on a much more sinister expression.

It is not that power corrupts, it is that the corrupt are drawn to power.

Religious people have no concern for power*, they have no desire to usurp God/ Nature

They desire to know God and little else.

Just because somebody calls themself a Buddhist... does that make them a buddhist?

My thread Cannibalism of Christ... goes somewhat further into this /

http://thetaobums.com/topic/26855-cannibalism-of-christ/

I believe these organisations have there roots in...

"The priests of Nimrod or Baal were necessarily required to eat of human sacrifices; and thus it has come to pass that 'Cahna-Bal,' the 'Priest of Baal,' is the established word in our own tongue for a devourer of human flesh" (Babylon Mystery Religion Ancient and Modern [Riverside, CA: Ralph Woodrow Evangelistic Association, Inc., 1966], p. 232)

Ancient Occult practices...

Edit:

Some additional information to tie things together a little more...

The extraction of usury (banking) is "one of the oldest professions of man." (Forrest M. Smith, III, The Regulation of Interest: Practice and Procedure, 10 ST. MARY'S L. REV. 825, 1979). First came the Temple Priests, then the Goldsmiths and the commercial bankers of today. The first use of the fractional reserve system was in the Temple of Shamash under Hammurabi -- the sixth king of Babylon

Amraphel was Hammurabi, king of Babylon, the sixth king in the first dynasty of Babylon. This is now the prevailing view among both Assyriologists and Old Testament scholars.

According to Rab and Samuel, Amraphel is identical with Nimrod. Some say Amraphel was his real name, and he was called Nimrod, "the chief rebel," as leader of the tower-builders, "who led the world unto rebellion" (V01p537001.jpg) against heaven's Ruler; others again say Nimrod was his real name, and he was called Amraphel as the one who "commanded them to cast Abraham into the fire" (V01p537002.jpg) ('Er. 53a and Targ. Yer. to Gen. xiv. 1). Among other fanciful etymologies the name is explained as that of one whose "commands brought darkness [destruction] on the world" (V01p537003.jpg), or of one who "provoked and made sport of the world" (V01p537004.jpg) (see Gen. R. xlii.; Midr. LeḳaḦ Ṭob to Gen. xiv. 1, ed. Buber, i. 63, note 4; also Beer, "Leben Abrahams," pp.130, 131). See also Abraham, Nimrod.

http://www.jewishencyclopedia.com/articles/1440-amraphel

This could go back 4000+ odd years...

----

I don't mean to scare anyone etc...

Sorry Protector.

orchid.jpg

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air
  • Like 1

The teachings of Christianity are the same as the teachings of the eastern religions. If you would actually read the texts of traditional religions you would find out that the teachings, or better yet, the essence of the teachings, is the same. They point to the same "thing". It is the "common" people who misinterpret the teachings, most of the time on purpose to suit their needs.

An article I once read claimed that Jesus is the most famous person in history. I say he's the most misunderstood person in history!

Edited by safi
  • Like 1

The teachings of Christianity are the same as the teachings of the eastern religions. If you would actually read the texts of traditional religions you would find out that the teachings, or better yet, the essence of the teachings, is the same. They point to the same "thing". It is the "common" people who misinterpret the teachings, most of the time on purpose to suit their needs.

An article I once read claimed that Jesus is the most famous person in history. I say he's the most misunderstood person in history!

I would agree...

eg: silent prayer is very similar in description to meditation.

:)

Edited by White Wolf Running On Air

While American news media is incredibly powerful and manipulative, I believe it is dangerous to lump "Americans" into the same category. Its easy to see differences, yet at the heart of it we are still human beings, with the same desire to be happy.

It is not that power corrupts, it is that the corrupt are drawn to power

Isn't everyone drawn to power though?

• Like 1

No. Thanks anyway. Now leave me alone so I continue being an Anarchist. Hehehe.

• Like 2

No. Thanks anyway. Now leave me alone so I continue being an Anarchist. Hehehe.

Know what, you are the best example of "ignorance is bliss" proverb

Probably because old people cannot learn and refuse to grow :P

Know what, you are the best example of "ignorance is bliss" proverb

Probably because old people cannot learn and refuse to grow :P

Oh No!!! You have been wrong before but this time you have totally lost it.

Old people still learn - learn how little you young 'uns really know while you think you already know it al. Hehehe.

Refuse to grow? I'm all grrowed up. Fully matured and beginning to rot. I don't want to grow up any more than that. Afterall, I plan to live forever and so far I'm doing pretty good.

Ignorance has noting to do with it. It is just that I find some things not worth talking about.

And no, I don't want to know how many little ponies you have on your shelf.

• Like 2

MH is only like what, three... 4.... 6 maybe six or seven decades older than me? he's not that old yet. no not even five.

You're a LOT younger than someone from their perspective though :D

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

While American news media is incredibly powerful and manipulative, I believe it is dangerous to lump "Americans" into the same category. Its easy to see differences, yet at the heart of it we are still human beings, with the same desire to be happy.

Power within... or Power over others... power to emanate love, or power to shout loudly at others..

There is a way and it's to stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

Average American's, and someone infected with Americanism, mind is made to work like their government system.

There are two sides and you pick one and stick to it. If the situation calls for it, you change sides. Whatever makes you happy, you stick to one side then to the other, or just defend one side because you feel embarrassed for making a mistake and make excuses.

It's a paaaaaaaaaaaaaain. When you want to do something by yourself you will get an opposition, then there will be you and the other guy. You will defend yourself and the other guy himself. They will just go back and forth trying to make themselves right and not giving in.

This is one issue that is getting cut in two. To solve this problem you need to cut two into one. Either side might not be right or they are both right, it doesn't matter since they are still arguing. Look, there was a reason to start the debate and that should be the focus. The reason is always the same one, everyone wants to be happy. It's the same goal everyone has and everyone has their own way of getting there. Their own ways are created out of their ego and that makes them unhappy because they have to argue. Both are pushing and pulling but never get there, that is not wu wei. Letting go of the ego and just working towards the goal is the key.

You know, to truly survive is to be happy.

• Like 2

There is a way and it's to stop arguing for the sake of arguing.

Average American's, and someone infected with Americanism, mind is made to work like their government system.

There are two sides and you pick one and stick to it. If the situation calls for it, you change sides. Whatever makes you happy, you stick to one side then to the other, or just defend one side because you feel embarrassed for making a mistake and make excuses.

It's a paaaaaaaaaaaaaain. When you want to do something by yourself you will get an opposition, then there will be you and the other guy. You will defend yourself and the other guy himself. They will just go back and forth trying to make themselves right and not giving in.

This is one issue that is getting cut in two. To solve this problem you need to cut two into one. Either side might not be right or they are both right, it doesn't matter since they are still arguing. Look, there was a reason to start the debate and that should be the focus. The reason is always the same one, everyone wants to be happy. It's the same goal everyone has and everyone has their own way of getting there. Their own ways are created out of their ego and that makes them unhappy because they have to argue. Both are pushing and pulling but never get there, that is not wu wei. Letting go of the ego and just working towards the goal is the key.

You know, to truly survive is to be happy.

VERY well said.

• Like 1