Flolfolil

Say something completely undisputable

And then the kid woops his butt, right?

No.

Then he finds an old man who is also built like the hulk, and turns him down cuz he's "too old" :D LOL Go find the movie, Kung Fu Hustle. it's TOTALLY worth your time. i cried, and it's a commedy!

Something indisputable maybe?

(that which is called literal does not exist in the literal sense. literally.)

Edited by Northern Avid Judo Ant

Go find the movie, Kung Fu Hustle. it's TOTALLY worth your time. i cried, and it's a commedy!

I've already seen it a while back. Yes, I can understand almost crying while watching it. Hehehe.

• Like 1

Go find the movie, Kung Fu Hustle. it's TOTALLY worth your time. i cried, and it's a commedy!

Well, the hint that it's 'even better' than Shaolin Soccer was helpful. Didn't like that one either, except the soccer part. Kung Fu Hustle is even more absurd. I can enjoy Naked Gun type absurdity, but Kung Fu Hustle is throwing inconsistencies in people's faces that it's a mess. The actors really try hard (and succeed) making their characters be unnaturally absurd. You know? You can play absurd in a skillful way, but this is bad acting, too

Let me say it this way: If you can laugh your ass off at a cross-eyed guy bunnyhopping and shouting LALALALA, then this movie is for you. That's roughly the style of Kung Fu Hustle.

To make it even worse, the director had thrown in a portion of cold crime drama and switches whenever he likes.

The thing feels like the director has grabbed some crappy Asian theater stage comedians and told them: Go ahead, be funny!

First time I saw that movie, I managed to watch a few minutes. This time I tried hard, but still couldn't watch the whole thing.

There were a few brief incidents where the director - seemingly randomly, by chance - got a joke to more or less succeed.

The movie is probably a good demo of how to take potential for humor and ruin it. (Maybe one has to watch it drunk or high.)

The IMDB comments should have been a warning. If reviewers get a verbal orgasm describing a movie, it's a safe bet they're not giving an accurate account. (Claiming that crappy totally non-lipsync English dubbing is part of the humor is a good sign of 'brainwashed fanboy'.) Last time I've seen so much rewiever delusion was after the latest Star Trek movie.

It's also a bad sign if some of the negative reviews to a comedy movie are funnier than the movie itself.

Also interesting to see how people in a culture copy from each other. Or is it coincidence that Jackie Chan novies have a lot of similarities in style? I don't like his 'hyperactive action' either. It tries to be funny too hard.

Did they learn their 'art' from watching The Benny Hill Show black&white pantomime shorts or something?

Edited by Owledge

I like the God of Cookery the most out of all the silly kung fu-ish movies

Even though it's just about cooking

Judge not lest ye be judged? HAW! And over movies for crying out loud :P to each their own, i'll try not to knock on your ups if you back off from mine ;)

Well you started by calling Kung Fu Hustle a great movie. I find that offensive. :lol:

if you find offense to what others appreciate in life then you really ARE nothing more than a bridge troll...

No offense intended by that, but i do hope you have better cause for taking offense than my tastes...

• Like 1

everything is possible in this theoretical situation, physics out the window, etc. say something that is absolute truth and has no counterstatement

all this talk of ultimate truth is making me think ;)

There is no present in time.

Things are relative

Relatively speaking, all things are relative,...thus a relative truth.

"Relative and absolute,

These the two truths are declared to be.

The absolute is not within the reach of intellect,

For the intellect is grounded in the relative."

Shantideva

• Like 3

if you find offense to what others appreciate in life then you really ARE nothing more than a bridge troll...

No offense intended by that, but i do hope you have better cause for taking offense than my tastes...

I hope you're merely pretending to be serious now. ;)

• Like 2

I am what I am, and nothing can change that.

Does your perceived I continue after death? During so called life, the I that people think they are, is always changing,...can something indisputable change?

"To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still." J Krishnamurti

life leads to death

Rudolph Steiner disputed that a hundred years ago.

Rudolph Steiner once said that light was the antipathic aspect of polarity, whereas darkness is its sympathic expression. Thus, so-called Creation, through the nurturance of darkness, dies into light. Polarity's light does not hold within itself the potential to birth, for it is a result already spawned through darkness.

In other words, where is it true that light conquers dark? There is no amount of light that can illuminate all dark, for in Duality, darkness always surrounds it.

A prevalant human construct suggests that light is good and dark is evil,...not because it is, but because to understand the truth would wreck the fragile fabric of society's brewed religious beliefs they cling to for their identity.

• Like 1

America is geographically 27.5 times the size of Germany, and has almost four times the population at over 300M people. It is silly to generalize about Americans in the same way it would be silly to generalize about Europeans. You will be wrong probably more often than you are right.

For every one Zero Net Energy homes in America, there are over a hundred in Germany. Translation? A prudentent person would believe a German before an American.

Happiest Country,...most educated Country,...Considerate Country,.. America never makes the 10 ten. Of course, America is number 1 in prisoners.

"As long as there is a soul in prison, I am not free." Eugene V. Debs

One not really that relevant tidbit I could add the the whole comparison thing is that I didn't even generalize. I talked about averages.

I didn't mean it completely serious though, that's why I labeled it as cynical.

I hope you're merely pretending to be serious now. ;)

Oh well,...found this thread too late. Nearly indisputably projecting into off topic areas.

When did energy efficiency begin equating to honesty? This argument is devoid of logic.

I was discussing the foolishness of generalizing when dealing with a population of 311M people. I stand by my statement.

And your statement was not devoid of logic?

As for:

But by all means, if your enlightened state has enabled you to make intelligent generalizations of 5% of the world's population, please carry on. Certainly you must be capable of ascertaining things that no one else is capable of perceiving, bodhisattva.

That's classic ad hominem. Why bother? Does using ad hominem make you feel more empowered? LOL

"The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear." J Krishnamurti

Edited by Vmarco

This is amusing. Vmarco quoted a statement and replied with a refernce to Rudolf Steiner. Then he quoted the very same statement again and responded with a Karl Kraus quote.

This is clear signs of academia. Not a severe case though. I've seen much worse.

The great Indian guru John Doe once said: "Vmarco is the icon of spiritual delusion."

Haha. :lol:

Edited by Owledge