manitou

Metaphysical musings

There is no god

because god is all there is.

All that is, is. It cannot be NOT BEING.

Not being, by very difition, does not exist. Not being means, not existing. Non-existance, means not existing. Not existing means not existing. Non-existance does not exist. There is no non-existance.

There is only existance. All that is exists as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one as all as one.

There is no god

The argument goes something like this:

‘I refuse to prove that I exist,’ says God, ‘for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing.’

'But,’ says Man, ‘the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn’t it? It could not have evolved by chance, it proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don’t QED.’

'Oh dear,’ says God, ‘I hadn’t thought of that,’ and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic,

“’Oh, that was easy,” says Man, and for an encore goes on to prove that black is white and gets himself killed on the next pedestrian crossing.

Most leading theologians claim that this argument is a load of dingo’s kidneys, but that didn’t stop Oolon Colluphid making a small fortune when he used it as the central theme of his best-selling book, Well That about Wraps It Up for God.

Meanwhile, the poor Babel fish, by effectively removing all barriers to communication between different races and cultures, has caused more and bloodier wars than anything else in the history of creation.

-Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

All who have lived and died are here with us Now.

All who live now are here with us Now.

All who have yet to be born are here with us Now.

• Like 1

If you listen closely, you can hear it singing

and if you trace the ends of any thought to it's beginning

you will only find a musical harmony

in the incessant buzzing

of endless bees

making nectar of their movement

through the notes in every song

• Like 2

The highest aspiration of the ego is studenthood.

I dont know what that means but I liked it

maybe saying how people are perpetuating their ego with the idea of being a student and this appeals to their ego?

boom

If you listen closely, you can hear it singing

and if you trace the ends of any thought to it's beginning

you will only find a musical harmony

in the incessant buzzing

of endless bees

making nectar of their movement

through the notes in every song

I liked it cos it was musical...weyy

There is no god

All who have lived and died are here with us Now.

All who live now are here with us Now.

All who have yet to be born are here with us Now.

I recognize you!

:wub:

Nice to hear your musings....

What are those that aspire to the death of the ego?

The ego cannot be killed because it doesnt exist

Well not if you've killed it it doesn't.

yh but nah mean

The most skillful ones dance in the shadow . Fearlessly - in the arms of the Unknown. Leaving no footsteps.

lol...

suninmyeyes I didnt get that, do you mind explaining? would please my good old rational self haha

The most skillful ones dance in the shadow . Fearlessly - in the arms of the Unknown. Leaving no footsteps.

Don't dance with strangers, may get your tootsies stomped.

What are those that aspire to the death of the ego?

The inner journey has killed the ego if it's done to its conclusion. From that point on we're capable of sidestepping or transcending ego whenever it's needed. Studenthood means a perenially open mind and the willingness to learn. To label ourselves as masters is self-limiting and reinforces our own conclusion that we have the answers. The sage is muddled and nebulous.

• Like 1