manitou

Metaphysical musings

Some threads here talk of Knowing, but a type of knowing that can't be put into words.

I just finished a book where a guy named Lester Levinson talks much of 'proofs'; the kind of proofs we get internally when our conscious experience aligns directly with some spiritual concept. Although I read the Castaneda books years ago, I still find myself suddenly realizing 'Oh! That's what don Juan really meant!' when an inner experience of mine aligns with what I read then. These could also be described as the 'Aha's' of getting to know ourselves, if the inner journey has begun.

Today I'm reading Buddahood Without Meditation and a paragraph jumped out at me that corresponds with the above.

"At first, you develop comprehension by relying on training. Later, you develop deeper understanding by eliciting personal experience through examination and investigation. But the situation is such that mere comprehension and understanding of this kind will not bring freedom. By analogy, even though you have food, you will not be satiated if you do not eat it.'

It must be taken into our bodies, eaten. We align our actions with our thoughts. We have to walk like we talk at some point.

It occured to me that this might be the very process that creates the sense of Knowing that can't really be explained.

• Like 1

To understand this further,

Is this to say that you wish to choose from the perspective of no-person, no individuation, and act from that perspective? And all direction .... is this to say there is no east / west / up / down / forward / backward? It's all relative?

I've heard it said that 'all time and all space are yours'. Is this where your head is at on this one?

My recent musing:

To accomplish healing in another, one must Know that they are divine; both the healer and the one being healed. This knowledge must be beyond belief of the mind; rather it must be Knowledge of the Heart.

It was sort of coming from a place of remembering direct experience of the world seeing through my eyes...

then everything is the center and there is no point of reference, equally absent intent.

No forward or back, no now and no then.

Act from that perspective, always.

What would that be like?

Could that be the method?

But what action and who to take it?

Something like that.

Damn. I like the way you think.

the action comes to us. The decisions come to us. The decision is always the highest road. Otherwise, just watch it unfold.