Aaron

... There's no need to argue anymore ...

^what can never be explained through intellectual understanding m righteous friend

Hi Aron, if you have a cold you can try this experiment, and you will see with your own eyes and feel with your own body, no need to argue with anyone.

Make a soup of white lo-bok and star aniseed. You can put pork or beef and boil the bones. You can add carrots. Boil them 2 minutes and then simmer 2-4hours.

Another cold recipe: chicken or beef soup and ginger root. You can add the bones. Boil 2 minutes and simmer 2-4 hours. Drink only the soup, and tell me how you feel afterwards and how you dealt with your sickness.

Hi Aron, if you have a cold you can try this experiment, and you will see with your own eyes and feel with your own body, no need to argue with anyone.

Make a soup of white lo-bok and star aniseed. You can put pork or beef and boil the bones. You can add carrots. Boil them 2 minutes and then simmer 2-4hours.

Another cold recipe: chicken or beef soup and ginger root. You can add the bones. Boil 2 minutes and simmer 2-4 hours. Drink only the soup, and tell me how you feel afterwards and how you dealt with your sickness.

Are those formulas approved by the AMA and has a double blind study been done?

Just kidding.

• Like 2

Now you may move this post to the pit as well and lets hope no one else decides to question anyone else's belief systems. I'm currently suffering from a cold and I don't have the energy or desire to carry on this discussion.

Aaron

I have no problem with your belief system and feel everyone can believe what they wish. It is up to each person to educate themselves about topics. I also have no problem with a topic of alternative medicine even though I don't agree with alternative medicine. And I certainly do not wish to argue with you. As stated, I only had a problem that you used this thread as a personal attack. Personal attacks have no place on a forum.

I do hope you get to feeling better. Colds suk.

Just kidding.

Heh...but seriously, they should study it and publish the results. Since that is the sole way that medical advice is considered legitimate.

For instance, they've studied the effects of cinnamon on insulin sensitivity, and that spice is now recommended to people by doctors for possibly controlling type II diabetes...Western medicine is not unreasonable. If something really works, eventually it will be studied.

Nothing wrong with using complementary stuff in the meantime, too.

Edited by turtle shell

Just kidding.

Actually, chicken soup has been studied:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/12/the-science-of-chicken-soup/

And funny enough science can't tell us why, or what ingredients make chicken soup a cold remedy, but they think it works by inhibiting the migration of neutrophils. . . . Since it can't be explained in exact terms by western science I guess should we abandon it.

And funny enough science can't tell us why, or what ingredients make chicken soup a cold remedy, but they think it works by inhibiting the migration of neutrophils. . . . Since it can't be explained in exact terms by western science I guess should we abandon it.

Chicken soup is decidedly unhealthy for chickens.

• Like 1

No point in continuing this thread. Apparently questioning something that's accepted by the majority as fact is frowned upon. Let this be a lesson to us all that we need to accept things blindly and not stir waves, lest we fall into the category of rabble rouser and "whinger".

You have a very lofty view of yourself...

But I dont really think you fit the category of wave stirer, boat tipper, or grand social revolutionary...

Those people like you, asked questions, but they also listened to the answers. :o

unlike you they didn't just claim the title 'Persecuted Champion of Justice' the second someone disagreed with them...

Nor did they start whinging in a self entitled voice about how the 'Status Quo' was being unfair to them...

They picked powerful social justice issues and stood their ground and fought.

You picked a thread (that had a clear personal attack in its title) being cancelled to cry about, and then feel persecuted from...

I didn't take you for an Emo! :unsure:

Should we? Rob, I'm looking for a discussion following the Popper article I posted on the other thread. Care to weigh in?

You have a very lofty view of yourself...

But I dont really think you fit the category of wave stirer, boat tipper, or grand social revolutionary...

Those people like you, asked questions, but they also listened to the answers. :o

unlike you they didn't just claim the title 'Persecuted Champion of Justice' the second someone disagreed with them...

Nor did they start whinging in a self entitled voice about how the 'Status Quo' was being unfair to them...

They picked powerful social justice issues and stood their ground and fought.

You picked a thread (that had a clear personal attack in its title) being cancelled to cry about, and then feel persecuted from...

I didn't take you for an Emo! :unsure:

I really wish I saw things as clearly as you. You've got all the answers, you're able to see into people's hearts and see their motives, it's an amazing talent. Have you thought of being a criminal investigator, so you can put those skills to use catching criminals?

I did rock the boat, despite what you said, I went against the status quo here. I have a clear conscience about my motives, and despite what you might believe, you wont be able to poke the bear and get me to react with vitriol and rage, rather I find you quite amusing.

I think the difference between me and you is that I don't care what people think about me, so I just state things as I see them. I don't filter what I say in order to appeal to the masses, nor do I try to earn brownie points. That being said, I do try to be compassionate when I talk to others. Of course, despite this, I have very few friends on this forum now and I know that. The fact is I'm telling people they don't need any of this to find themselves. That they can do so without Buddha, without Qigong, without religion and philosophy, that all it takes is looking inside themselves. No one can help you understand who you are, except for you, it's that simple. Trying to find a greater purpose is meaningless if you don't know who is going to serve that purpose.

Now I am going to look for something more meaningful to engage in, I might suggest you do the same, unless you feel the need to continue to harass me.

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I don't know much but your remark on 'very few friends' was a bit of a 'zinger'. Don't you think it's possible to disagree with someone and still remain on good terms? Maybe not.

Anyway, I did want to chime in about 'vehicles' because while I don't agree with the exoteric aspects of most of them (in other words the 'stuff' that gets taken for truth but is just a pointy hat) I consider that without them being there it can be more difficult to 'pick oneself up by one's bootstraps' as someone else once said. The reasons for this are (to me) commented on in the TTC.

The exogenous has no effect without endogenous motivation .

Sounds good. Would you apply that to the 'conditioning process' as well Mr GranP?

Yep.

Max Glatt (addiction chap, left his body now), worth looking at. Will try for a link.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=max+glatt+chart&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AVWpUPeCGqHK0AWW_IGQAQ&ved=0CFsQsAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|1;d|mCSJqMbBOKzu4M:

There ya go.

That inverted bell curve posits a place just beyond the bottom and on the upward right side..

"Honest desire for help"

Now that's the first time endogenous motivation kicks in.

No matter what exogenous interventions are made prior to that happening, nothing will ever work.

You might like to try Googling..

"Glatt and Popper ".

Glatt was one of our teachers when I was training for psychy nursing.

A truly brilliant man, a fine teacher and someone who made a positive difference. May the earth rest lightly upon his bones.

Edited by GrandmasterP

Yep.

Max Glatt (addiction chap, left his body now), worth looking at. Will try for a link.

http://www.google.co...mCSJqMbBOKzu4M:

There ya go.

That inverted bell curve posits a place just beyond the bottom and on the upward right side..

"Honest desire for help"

Now that's the first time endogenous motivation kicks in.

No matter what exogenous interventions are made prior to that happening, nothing will ever work.

You might like to try Googling..

"Glatt and Popper ".

Glatt was one of our teachers when I was training for psychy nursing.

A truly brilliant man, a fine teacher and someone who made a positive difference. May the earth rest lightly upon his bones.

Thanks Mr GranP. First link I fell over was especially interesting (should probably post it in the science thread too:-) http://pointsadhsblog.wordpress.com/2011/05/28/what-time-do-you-want-it-to-be-part-two/)