SunLover

There is no point living on Earth when you refuse to acknowledge your point of origin from the Stars.

Refusal to acknowlege that subjective view of the world is not connected to a person

generating their own subjective value (point) in living

Besides ,, thinking you come from the stars doesnt imbue you with any

objective POINT in living either.

Stosh

Edited by Stosh

Stosh,

I am not sure what sunlover intention was with the story... considering sunlover's previous posts in this thread I think its in line with alienation and other negative stuff that I personally find it to be a bit of madness ... I sought to disarm the madness through a particular interpretation that made me chuckle and thus my response... for what it is worth my response does a unification of everyone... all end up being in the same state... I presume you are talking about sunlover in your post... though wanted to point out my position on this thread...

Since Sunlover never said he wasnt Tulku ,, it makes sense to figure its the same person

others seem to recognize the rhetoric

And the very first thing somebody else would have said is "Who the heck is Tulku ?"

Yes I was referring to the story by Tulku and speculatively the King would be a likely standpoint

for the person posting the story to consider themselves as holding.

Funniness is at the boundary of two things

the things we find appropriate-true

the things we find inappropriate and untrue

When folks sense these simultaneously overlapping

its funny.

If a person doesnt hold the boundaries in the right place

for the joke to overlap them , they dont consider it funny.

Theres probably some other situations that work for humor

but thats how I look at it.

Stosh

Having a point to living , as I see it is a sort of subjective sentiment

I think it is byproduct to the natural social human situation

Folks need some sense of purpose and belonging generally

Sartre ,I think, suggested that having concluded that one has no larger role to play

no significance relative to anything , caused an experience of angst .

Stosh

Edited by Stosh

I have no idea who Tulku refers to... and from what I read I am glad thats the case... If Sunlover is or isn't Tulku frankly... I don't give a ...

one of the golden nuggets of this interchange for me was:

.. the an underlying message, I'm special, you're crazy, a theme every special interest group loves to peddle.

Yeah ,

and the speculative aspect is why does this person choose to say it.

have a nice evening

Stosh

Just your few words there did by no means close the case.

Yes, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. But that does not mean one should not live to their fullest potential before returning. To say there is no point in living if one does not understand a certain concept is totally out of line, I think, and who gave any earthling the right to judge the value of a person based on their understanding of concepts presented by other beings who, just perhaps, are lost souls?

And no, I am still not going to surrender no matter how trickily you try to present that idea to me.

You're right.

I wasn't intending for your suicide/surrender though, lol

Edited by Everything

I wasn't intending for your suicide/surrender though, lol

Well, that is one thing you can bet you ass on that ain't never going to happen. Hehehe.

And yes, we need be careful with our judgements. Even I must remind myself of this on occasion. (Other people remind me often. Hehehe.)

And yes, we need be careful with our judgements. Even I must remind myself of this on occasion. (Other people remind me often. Hehehe.)

I'm sorry, I just realized something big and that is that "guilt" is the next logical step towards a better feeling place, when you're depressed or feeling "powerless."

It is those who refuse to accept "guilt", they are the ones who usually go trough with the physical suicide. I find this to be universal in all the suicide stories actually.

I'm sorry, I just realized something big and that is that "guilt" is the next logical step towards a better feeling place, when you're depressed or feeling "powerless."

It is those who refuse to accept "guilt", they are the ones who usually go trough with the physical suicide. I find this to be universal in all the suicide stories actually.

Interesting inclusion to the topic. And I basically agree with you.

I speak often of taking full responsibility for our thought, words and deeds. Of course, from a Taoist perspective we do what needs be done and do not accept praise or blame. However, I feel it is good if we acknowledge when we mess up because that is the first step toward getting over one's errors so that there is no need for the guilt trick.

And there are people who will remind you of all your mistakes whenever they have the chance. If we admit to our errors and do our best to either correct them or learn from then so we don't repeat them the guilt trick won't work.

And I will agree that not accepting responsibility for our errors will cause conflicts within and, as you pointed to, create cause for thinking of ending one's life.

I speak often of taking full responsibility for our thought, words and deeds. Of course, from a Taoist perspective we do what needs be done and do not accept praise or blame. However, I feel it is good if we acknowledge when we mess up because that is the first step toward getting over one's errors so that there is no need for the guilt trick.

Ah, I found the video where Ekchart Tolle speaks of surrender as a way for people who feel "powerless" to directly move back into power. You can skip the guilt that way. Not sure if thats a good thing, but it works.

Edited by Everything

Nice pullover.

Some men can carry off wearing pink. Others can't.

So funny, I just had a conversation about this regarding everlasting happiness. :lol:

Ah, I found the video where Ekchart Tolle speaks of surrender as a way for people who feel "powerless" to directly move back into power. You can skip the guilt that way. Not sure if thats a good thing, but it works.

Well, sure, if a person is considering suicide that might well do the trick.

Okay, I have spoke about this concept presented in the video but I never used the word surrender. I am talking about our expectations of others and of the universe in general.

If we hold to exprectations and they don't get fulfilled then sure, we will be disappointed on a regular basis. And these disappointments will indeed lead to depression and negative thoughts.

And I agree, we should live in the moment, fully and without expectation. But this is not to say that we shouldn't plan for the future and even plan to make things better, whatever things one wishes to get involved in. And I will even suggest that we can live more and live a better quality of life if we live totally in the moment.

Personally I think we ought hold to expectations conscious and aware that they may or may not happen...

whatever happens happens and we choose what to do about it then and there...

Know that disappointments can indeed lead to depression and negative thoughts...

as well as lead to renewed hope and determination with positive thoughts...

Succinctly put... I basically agree with what you said with a bit of an add on... hope you are ok with it... if not well it some of the stuff that happens every now and then you know...

No problem with what you added. Actually, good observations.

It is difficult for me to talk about expectations because I have to talk from the perspective of the ideal when I talk about that concept.

In reality, I do place my expectations on others. I really do try to keep them at a minimum and I try really hard to do so only if what might happen will directly effect my life. (For example, if I allow someone into my house I expect that they will not steal anything.)

And again I will state that I have no problem putting high expectations on myself because I want to do the best I can at whatever I decide to do. But this is possible only because failure doesn't scare me one little bit. No fear, baby!

And again I will state that I have no problem putting high expectations on myself because I want to do the best I can at whatever I decide to do. But this is possible only because failure doesn't scare me one little bit. No fear, baby!

You hold the vibration of the succes and have made it your own, yet you are flexible enough to not cry if the succes comes in an unexpected way.

Usually, when people are overly attached to their expectations, things tend to get dissapointing. :o

OH BY THE WAY, In your post I did see reference to fear--- twice... so... evidence shows its still lurking there!

Hehehe. Yes, that is one of my favorite concepts and I will, on occasion, mention it just to see if I can draw anyone into a conversation about it.

Why is it one of your favorite concepts?

Because I believe that (unjustifiable or illogical) fear is a very strong limiter against us living our life to the fullest.