healingtouch

Playfulness

Laughing meditation, Damo's cave, dancing ala Gabriel Roths Wave programs. Hanging out with little kids and playing.

There can be good playfulness at seminars.

The 5 animal frolicking qi gong set can be fun.

Edited by thelerner

It's a shame Otis hasn't been around lately to address this, he's a master of playfulness...

I'm way too serious most of the time.

• Like 1

shaking is good medicine.

i imagine otis is out playin somewhere

play plays playing

shake shakes shaking

eilen jewell style

• Like 1

hmm lifestyle is important, when your around people who accept you the way you are, open minded/friendly, you feel more comfortable, listening to your heart and living in accordance to your heart,

Balance...eg There is a time to be playful and time to be a little more grounded, , so if youve got space to express deep thoughts (actually not 100% sure about whather ever expressing and validating deep thoughts brings more seriousness into the mix but it could be a ying and yang thing) then you can be more playful in other interactions instead of focusing this deep thoughts with everyone, also there is the idea that life is totally playful and non logical which has some basis but so does the grounded purposeful life.

Im finding tantra which is probably like somantics is good for this playfulness stuff

But yeh I agree with Rainbow Vein and Zerostao...spontaneous dancing and shaking, random laughing, gibberish meditation...with some good music

There is a practice in shaking medicine where before every session, they would pick some words which are things you want out of your practice eg love/bliss/friendship etc and make a gibberish conversation using those words as to shake the meanings out.

Also I guess just noticing non playfulness, the beliefs surrounding playfulness and fear to be totally at ease. Maybe faking it at first.

perhaps trying to be playful makes one less spontaneous and playful...so no trying, no doing, wu wei

Interesting topic thanks for posting this

Edited by sinansencer

Edited by sinansencer

Osho Leela [Leela means playfulness in Hindi] is a UK centre in Gillingham: Dorset about half an hour from Glastonbury. They have festivals through summer and anyone can go. Veggie food all inclusive and cheap to camp. Nice place.

There's something for everybody from Swingers and Doggers [Tantra week] through to family friendly fun weeks.

All based around the idea that Playfulness is good for you.

It is [well maybe not Tantra but if you like that sort of thing......].

this has got me thinking what is it that is the topic of humour for example one can make humour that is a little more intelligent or based on your paradigms but one can make humour based on things which one has no interest in at all, merely to appear humourous, humour is about status often not really about whether something is funny or not also the idea that one has to be more playful is repressive it is not about becoming more anything just about becoming less of what your not, less blockages more harmony, one is fine the way they are, same solution as always emptiness in dan tien..furthermore this got me thinking what is playfulness? Is deep intimate discussions a type of playfulness or is playfulness purposely being silly which is done in an unnatural way, is being fake and putting on an act a form of playfulness. what is not playfulness, furthermore why does one wish to be playful is it because one is taught that playfulness is cool or good, to attract the opposite sex, but why, is that good

Good question ... What is playfulness? I would say it's the ability to feel free to act out your imagination without any constraints of trying to be cool or to fit within any social norms of behavior. Just like a child, you do it because the spiritr pushed you to do it and it's fun .... Speaking of, I've found this mediation in a book by Samuel Wehr titled "Gnostic Meditation"

First: The syllables Ma Ma, Pa Pa, Ba Ba are the first syllables which we articulate in childhood. You can start the

Initiation with these syllables. You must sing these syllables while assuming an innocent and infantile attitude. You can

learn the intonation of these sacred syllables when listening to The Magic Flute of Mozart.

Mozart placed these syllables in his marvellous opera. The disciple must fall asleep assuming an infantile attitude while

remembering the first years of his childhood and then mentally singing the sacred syllables.

The word Pa Pa should be vocalized intoning the first syllable Pa in a high voice, then the second syllable Pa will be

uttered in a lower voice. These two syllables should be pronounced many times. You must do the same thing with the

syllable Ma.

Fall asleep while meditating on your childhood. Review with your imagination your whole childhood and mentally

articulate the sacred syllables

I need more of this, but I always feel guilty that I should be doing something productive. But I guess you can get playfulness in many places even serious situations, for example I often watch Prime ministers questions in parliament and that descends into a big playful joke at times with both sides jeering at each other and laughing and shouting at each other like school children, and these are the people who are meant to be running the country.

playfulness is a status (mental) thing as well i think

I enjoy being playful. Have Y'all noticed?

well done mate *taps on the back* lol

nice post grandmaster P !

Edited by sinansencer

Those fun lovin' pranksters of the Royal Antediluvian Order of Buffaloes ('poor man's' version of the Freemasons in UK. Bit like the Shriners in USA but a lot drunker) have the following motto....

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

(No man is wise at all times)

Letting your hair down (if you have any left. I don't) and having a bit of fun now and again is essential.

We do Zen archery. Sounds dead serious but it is a right laugh.