Veritas

Meditating on top floor

you can really sugar coat this if you want the truth & real results...

to build great yin & yang chi,

you HAVE to be on High Ground in a Natural environment

Ecology

:excl:

Ecology

I guess it's time to move to the Himalayas

Mine came from 14 guage romex wire from homedepot, just the standard stuff they do interior wiring with. I have about 15 feet of it going outside to a metal stake deep in the ground.

The inside end of the wire is looped over about 3 feet so that there is no pointy end to sit on.

I am unsure if it needs to be bigger than 14 guage wire, but seeing as that wire can carry enough current for interior wiring I think it will suffice.

To be honest you could probably get by with cat 5e wire if you wanted something more discrete, if all wires were used together, there are many twisted pairs of small wires in cat 5e.

Twisted pairs are a good idea, the 90 degree juxtapositioning of the twists provides a cross canceling effect that reduces outside noise from the signal flowing through the wire. (=why cat3 wasnt suitable for 100Mb/s data flow, not enough/proper twisting, 5 has more twists per unit length, and iirc cat6 is suitable for gigabit.) I suppose for consideration, we really dont know how much amplitude is going through the wires and that's the big thing that's going to determine the necessary gauge - but then again, who amongst us would be sensitive enough to make any qualitative distinction between cat5 and 14AWG :lol: Let me know if that cat5 starts getting hot hahaha :lol:

Twisted pairs are a good idea, the 90 degree juxtapositioning of the twists provides a cross canceling effect that reduces outside noise from the signal flowing through the wire. (=why cat3 wasnt suitable for 100Mb/s data flow, not enough/proper twisting, 5 has more twists per unit length, and iirc cat6 is suitable for gigabit.) I suppose for consideration, we really dont know how much amplitude is going through the wires and that's the big thing that's going to determine the necessary gauge - but then again, who amongst us would be sensitive enough to make any qualitative distinction between cat5 and 14AWG :lol: Let me know if that cat5 starts getting hot hahaha :lol:

Sounds rediculous I know Joe, but yin chi does flow through metal, so does yang chi, this is the only other alternative to actually sitting on the ground itself.

Ecology

You don't have to be on the high ground or be in a natural environment, you only need to be grounded during medtiation.

I am sure you would probably see optimal progress in the wilderness on a mountain though, but it isn't an absolute requirement, only that you are grounded to the earth.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

If you can't do that particular form of Taoist meditation in the environment you are in then just do a different form of meditation you can do. There are plenty of forms of effective meditation, for example you could observe the breath going in and out of your body.

Sounds rediculous I know Joe, but yin chi does flow through metal, so does yang chi, this is the only other alternative to actually sitting on the ground itself.

It doesnt sound ridiculously ridiculous :lol: I was just noting that without any way to calculate the flux we're left guessing at what would be sufficient in terms of wire gauges. That and the 90 degree crosstalk phenomena, which I think were I to do this I'd use the twisted pair cables.

It doesnt sound ridiculously ridiculous :lol: I was just noting that without any way to calculate the flux we're left guessing at what would be sufficient in terms of wire gauges. That and the 90 degree crosstalk phenomena, which I think were I to do this I'd use the twisted pair cables.

I dunno but my perinium pushes 1 Gb/s.

• Like 1

Do you have any alternative strategies for gathering yin chi, if not via grounded medtiation?

Well, I guess I'm not on a lei shan dao? (I might be, but lomax is notoriously mysterious and "you'll discover if you practice" about it), but SM does have you differentiate between yang and yin chi, but you don't have to do rocket science with it. I am not at that point though.

The practice takes care of itself.

So beyond a solid practice, I don't if you are making the assumption you have to be touching the ground(yin) to get yin chi...

I believe the book says what you said... and I understand that's what you have to work with till you meet another master who can say otherwise. So good luck with it then.

John

• Like 3

Well, I guess I'm not on a lei shan dao? (I might be, but lomax is notoriously mysterious and "you'll discover if you practice" about it), but SM does have you differentiate between yang and yin chi, but you don't have to do rocket science with it. I am not at that point though.

So beyond a solid practice, I don't if you are making the assumption you have to be touching the ground(yin) to get yin chi...

I believe the book says what you said... and I understand that's what you have to work with till you meet another master who can say otherwise. So good luck with it then.

John

The sitting meditation for SM accumulates and stores chi in the dantien. It's a very good meditation. But I don't think SM deal with yin chi though (well not in the book at least) because its qigong not neigong. They don't combine yin and yang chi at the higher levels.

John

The sitting meditation for SM accumulates and stores chi in the dantien. It's a very good meditation. But I don't think SM deal with yin chi though (well not in the book at least) because its qigong not neigong. They don't combine yin and yang chi at the higher levels.

Stillness-Movement is neigong and deals with both yin and yang qi integrating into a whole. Do the exercises then no need to even think about any differentiation.

You do not have to sit on a wire to gather yin qi, although a person may or may not find sleeping while grounded beneficial - I have heard stories both ways - yes and no. Personally I just touch Earth several times a day. I did experiment with the ground wire about 30 years ago.

In the Gift of the Tao movements one can find the exercise "Walking in the Qi" to be as powerful as any other qigong or neigong in "gathering yin qi".

• Like 1

Stillness-Movement is neigong and deals with both yin and yang qi integrating into a whole. Do the exercises then no need to even think about any differentiation.

You do not have to sit on a wire to gather yin qi, although a person may or may not find sleeping while grounded beneficial - I have heard stories both ways - yes and no. Personally I just touch Earth several times a day. I did experiment with the ground wire about 30 years ago.

In the Gift of the Tao movements one can find the exercise "Walking in the Qi" to be as powerful as any other qigong or neigong in "gathering yin qi".

Thanks for chiming in Michael :).

Thanks for the clarification. I always thought what differentiates qigong from neigong is that in neigong when your dantien is filled it's compressed to a smaller size and then sent down into the perineum where it collects yin chi and they both later rise and fuse together in the dantien. This is what I meant when I said combining yin and yang chi. I don't think qigong systems do this.

Thanks for the clarification. I always thought what differentiates qigong from neigong is that in neigong when your dantien is filled it's compressed to a smaller size and then sent down into the perineum where it collects yin chi and they both later rise and fuse together in the dantien. This is what I meant when I said combining yin and yang chi. I don't think qigong systems do this.

Yin chi is very important, almost everything else does not work with it at all.

I always thought what differentiates qigong from neigong is that in neigong when your dantien is filled it's compressed to a smaller size and then sent down into the perineum where it collects yin chi and they both later rise and fuse together in the dantien.

This happens in all similar systems, but the way it's discussed coming from the mo pai tradition, they make it seem as if it's something unique to the school. People can believe whatever they want, but if you study the world's traditions, you will come to find that it is not unique. For instance, in Indian kundalini schools they speak of bringing apana up to the navel to unite with prana and samana.

In my personal experience, from a method that was simply a visualization in the lower dantien and nothing more, it caused qi to descend to the perineum naturally, and form a connection. It just happens when the dantien is filled.

If you simply become aware of the perineum area and open it up, relaxing any tension that's there, it will bring earth energy into the body. Any method that involves lower body awareness (not just perineum, but feet for instance) will connect with earth. Yin qi is magnetic, yeah? The entire lower body corresponds with magnetic.

There are methods which boost this energy throughout the body in an incredible way...but people love their chosen lineages and don't care to hear about anything that deviates from the illustrious mo pai (which isn't even a real school of Taoism, but an offshoot). It's all good, practice whatever way you like...but please only speak from personal experience and don't mislead people with what is simply a closed minded attitude.

Edit: Also, an earthing cord (grounding device like more pie guy uses) can be good for health, but it hardly increases magnetic energy in the body. It connects whatever magnetic energy you have to the larger field of the earth, and this will slightly decrease your electric energy (voltage). It's good for health to ground any EMFs, but for the purposes of increasing one's personal yin qi...I don't know.

Oh yeah, also...it's said that touching the bare earth while practicing can drain your kidneys.

Edited by turtle shell

Yin chi is very important, almost everything else does not work with it at all.

Yeah you're right. I have a garage downstairs that I share with my neighbor. I'm going to clean that up and meditate there for now. Hopefully they don't walk in on me during my meditation session. That would be weird as f*** hahah. I was going to buy the metal wire but then I realized I would have to ask my neighbor to plant it in this backyard which is kinda inconvenient since I don't really know them. Sucks living upstairs. Anyways good luck on your cultivation.

... I always thought what differentiates qigong from neigong is that in neigong when your dantien is filled it's compressed to a smaller size and then sent down into the perineum where it collects yin chi and they both later rise and fuse together in the dantien. This is what I meant when I said combining yin and yang chi. I don't think qigong systems do this.

Not really. Our neigong is a balanced approach utilizing yin and yang and your description is not what we do. http://qigongamerica.blogspot.com/2011/03/stillness-movement-gift-of-tao-neigong.html

Best to just practice a system that is taught to you. Focusing on mentally confusing details can tend to screw up one's practice. A balanced approach of movement and internal methods is what I consider the best approach.

Their should be no problem pulling in yin qi and yang qi from a top story. I do so on airplanes all the time.

The wire simply grounds out static electric fields. Not necessarily increasing the magnetic field in the body except to the extent where static electricity was interfering (and if one touches Earth occasionally that is taken care of). Access of Earth's magnetic inductance is not dependent upon wire, or many thousand feet up. But do practice wherever if feels best to you.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 5

I do notice a difference when practicing outside on the ground, or on hardwood and concrete floors, as opposed to synthetic carpet. It's the quality of the practice method itself that matters most though, along with how calm you are that day, I've had occasional very long, very deep meditations when sitting on carpet on the second story of a building, and absolutely horrible, frustrating sessions when sitting on the ground.

One personal method I employ to enhance a session is to clear the energies of the surrounding space by burning some Sage and combining it with my Intent. It was absolutely necessary when my gf moved into her new apartment one year ago, the atmosphere there was quite negative at first and I wouldn't have gotten any good sessions in when visiting otherwise.

Edited by Enishi

I do notice a difference when practicing outside on the ground, or on hardwood and concrete floors, as opposed to synthetic carpet. It's the quality of the practice method itself that matters most though, along with how calm you are that day, I've had occasional very long, very deep meditations when sitting on carpet on the second story of a building, and absolutely horrible, frustrating sessions when sitting on the ground.

One personal method I employ to enhance a session is to clear the energies of the surrounding space by burning some Sage and combining it with my Intent. It was absolutely necessary when my gf moved into her new apartment one year ago, the atmosphere there was quite negative at first and I wouldn't have gotten any good sessions in when visiting otherwise.

Oh Yes. Cleaning your space is probably the single most important thing.

• Like 2

Oh Yes. Cleaning your space is probably the single most important thing.

If one cannot burn sage (smoke alarm in my room :P ), then next best is intent/shielding?

Any non smoke involving techniques?

P.s I still find shielding hard to do, any tips or just more practice?

If one cannot burn sage (smoke alarm in my room :P ), then next best is intent/shielding?

Essential oils Sage, Sandalwood, Rosemary, etc

Poor-Man's diffuser: Put drops on paper towel in front of fan or AC return.

Just do it. More practice makes a person more powerful at this.

• Like 2

What shielding technique are you using, out of curiosity?