Whether or not I forego conclusions

or shower you with heavy hearts

if I am here at all

It's not for approbation

it's not for polite discussion

it's not for the social repartee

not for friendship or camaraderie

nor for sharing understanding or exchanging ideas;

I offer no explanation or analysis of Complete Reality.

Having gone all the way myself

I only point at the source of impersonal awareness

so others will know it is the same as their own everyday mind

and that the matter of life and death is the crux of awareness;

long life and eternal vision must be discovered personally.

I have nothing to say to literalists, rationalists,

those entertaining recreational philosophy

or methodologists clinging to formal practices

or doctrines of religious, sexual or social convention

except for an occasional bolt of ruthless compassion.

If you think you have thoroughgoing understanding of the wonder

I will reprove your understanding for you.

If I send it back, forget it;

you can be sure I do.

If there is a thing you consider not yourself

it is obvious you do not see the empty kalpa.

Even if you do see, the vertical must be dissolved

and leveled before you can make use of it.

ed note: add the word "for" in the last line of the third paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 5

Yes. The nonoccurrence of illusion in one's own unborn awareness due to psychological nonpartiality of orientation in adapting to ordinary circumstances is all there is to enlightening being; this is buddhahood itself— one needn't wait for sudden enlightenment to walk in the footsteps of prior illuminates.

Sudden enlightenment is just a result of true harmony with complete reality. Complete reality has no need of enlightenment. Just be completely real, void of bias or inclination and the circumstantial result of impersonal awareness gone, gone, beyond gone …gone beyond— will come of its own accord.

This is working with the basic sane energy one was born with to see essence in the midst of mundanity directly in order to turn the killing energy of created cycles into a sea of jewels. The very bedrock will transport itself and oneself along with it, if one is authentically immovable in the essential quality of earth. What is required is stillness within one's own breadth of heart. Compassion isn't good or bad, just impersonally accepting and responding precisely according to circumstances.

One may be entitled to basic sanity, but accomplishing complete reality is a matter of matching circumstances in terms of essential nature which leaves nothing to be desired within or without one's own power of receptivity. Acquiescence is a matter of freedom, not submission to externals.

Tao is complete, yet creation is sexual. One who's lexicon is the Virtue of the Way uses essence to seek feeling. It is not the fault of the way or enlightening beings if all essence garners is insanity. Enlightening being expects nothing, so what is the norm for worldly beings does not affect enlightened virtue, which is to adapt to conditions as a matter of course.

This is not beyond one's own everyday ordinary aware being; it has never been so, nor will it ever be so.

• Like 3

This topic is really a litmus test.

If you know better, you get it and you get to know me.

If you think you know better, but don't get this, you really don't, so you won't.

Either way, its not a problem.

I've put this up for the last few years every time a new batch of bums with excessive scriptural and psychic fight energy (often in the Spring) wanna butt heads.

Don't. You'll loose, whether you know it or not.

ed note: add "Don't, etc"

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

If there is a thing you consider not yourself,
It is obvious you do not see the empty kalpa.

Deci is the only one I don't butt headz wid!

Ha ha ha!

Luv ya gUrl.

YOU KNOW IT!

;)

:)

XXX

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 1

Just for the halibut, is this you?

~~~~ MOD WARNING / NOTICE ~~~~

Removed attempt to reveal someone's personal information without consent of the person.

This was not reported by a member, but rather a mod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 48

Those who seek learning gain every day

those who seek the Way lose every day

they lose and they lose

until they have nothing to do

nothing to do means nothing not done…

I say that those who see their nature are able to lose without exercising knowledge, therefore they lose whether they know it or not.

• Like 1

If there is a thing you consider not yourself

it is obvious you do not see the empty kalpa.

Even if you do see, the vertical must be dissolved

and leveled before you can make use of it.

To me, this seems the crux of it. Even if there is sudden illumination, there is a a path to be walked within illumination. That path shows us that we are all One essence and connected to each other. Next, we realize we are One with our animals, nature. Finally, that we are One with all matter. it becomes a challenge of living within that knowledge and knowing that Love is the adhesive that somehow holds it all together; and that Love is the very best method for working within the system.

Mind boggling stuff, if you ask me.

• Like 1

I say that those who see their nature are able to lose without exercising knowledge, therefore they lose whether they know it or not.

When one opens to the Virtue of Receptivity, there is abiding in not-knowing inasmuch as one doesn't see in terms of the relative. Seeing the relative isn't oneself going along with it. This is the unconventional in terms of ordinary psychology.

Seeing loss as loss or otherwise being otherwise as enlightening observation is up to oneself alone. This is because in seeing reality as is, one has no attachment to reality. How much less is one's attachment to illusion?

Illusion is one's own subjectivity. Not being subjective is called objectivity in terms of factual observation. This is selflessness in terms of the nonpsychological. Since one doesn't know in terms of acute observation beyond appearances and has no attachment to outcomes in terms of adaption, it isn't a matter of one not knowing illusion— it in fact doesn't exist.

• Like 1

Truthful words are not beautiful.

Beautiful words are not truthful.

Troll ?

These are the words of a provisional teaching.

Adepts do not see in terms of the relative.

The provisional teaching addresses the need to be aware of being bound by convention, then seeing THAT as nothing other than a cultural or societal relativity. In this sense, whether anything is categorized at all is not even the point of the phrase (if it is analyzed in other than the most shallow sense).

Analysis of the Tao Te Ching at all is a fine place to start though.

I consider the Classic by Lao Tzu a manual for becoming a wizard, and my analysis is commensurate with that approach.

But then, if CloudHands was referring to my OP… hehe, well those words were not necessarily designed to appear beautiful!! Some might consider them effective— at least I would hope so.

Others without access to the Dharma-eye are most likely to view my OP as something to resist…❤

ed note: add last two lines

Edited by deci belle

Well I found them nice (in a good way) !

I'm interested in how you can tell this teaching is provisional.

My view:

I can find some "truths" beautiful (so are they ?) and I found some beautiful words honest. What makes something sincere or not (for me) is the degree of language sophistication. That's why I like to speak in and with people using another language than native because say what you want to say is already the challenge and there is much less space for the "how it looks".

I admit I like to be provocative and bring people to self questioning.