Raz

*the words are equally reading you*

Hi ET,

The word interpretation issue is far less interesting then the time perception. While I agree that there are there can be your three components, each fluctuates as knowledge of the topic grows/changes in the now. Looking back at a memory, one often thinks... what the hell was I thinking back then... :)

I would be very interested in hearing more about your out of "linear space-time" experiences. As I have noticed/experienced a few out of phase events, my current theory is similar to what you are describing. FYI, I have also found one other person who describes partial out of time perception, but as of yet have not been able to experimentally verify anything.

:)

Slippery concept is 'truth'. That said, every post on here is right. All opinions being equaly valid and each experience unique.

The truth be told, not all opinion are equally valid when based on what be... of course based on the premise 'All opinions being equally valid' its practically impossible to determine what be and who's opinion happens to be valid...

Just the punchline.........

'Astounded,the disciple turned to his master and said,"But how can they both be right,surely one must be wrong if the other was right!"

The master smiled and replied... "But of course,you are right"

Hi ET,

The word interpretation issue is far less interesting then the time perception. While I agree that there are there can be your three components, each fluctuates as knowledge of the topic grows/changes in the now. Looking back at a memory, one often thinks... what the hell was I thinking back then... :)

I would be very interested in hearing more about your out of "linear space-time" experiences. As I have noticed/experienced a few out of phase events, my current theory is similar to what you are describing. FYI, I have also found one other person who describes partial out of time perception, but as of yet have not been able to experimentally verify anything.

The time perception certainly is an interesting situation. It is common to think that our present actions influence the present and the future. Its a bit more of a challenge to see how our present actions influence the past... or at least the current recollection of it.

- If I where you I would think that... - presents a little of a paradox... If I where you I wold think like you think! Memory is a bit more of living again something... and is influenced by all sort of things, including the stories we tell and believes we hold. "what ... was I thinking back then" well thats easy... I was thinking back then what I was thinking back then... notice the simple pattern: a be what a be.

The out of 'linear space-time' experiences and experiments can be a bit tricky, given all the possibilities. Some movies and tv sic-fi series have touched upon this. In a way it can lure and entrap eternally free beings into 'voluntary' enslavement ... by making them choose to believe that they have no alternatives and forgetting the fact they choose to believe such a belief... these being will be entrapped within a prison that only holds them because they think it holds them... until they think the unthinkable and choose to assert their freedom by thinking to be free... Though we need to be careful, because thinking to be free itself can be a lure that entraps eternally beings into a delusional enslavement ... the truth be told when we are bound to the truth (the truth allows us much freedoms) where as when we are free from the truth (which entraps us into a delusion) we think to have much freedoms while actually enslaved in a delusion.

to experimentally verify anything related to out of "linear space-time" experiences requires being able to expand and contract at will which can take us into all sort of different positions that we may be unaware of... until a different experiment takes place... out of "linear space-time" and changes the present moment... it can be a bit mind boggling... the way I settle this is just to focus on the now :-) and keep walking forward... thought its just an illusion in time-space continuums

Just the punchline.........

'Astounded,the disciple turned to his master and said,"But how can they both be right,surely one must be wrong if the other was right!"

The master smiled and replied... "But of course,you are right"

Yea the judge/master who always agreed with everyone would confirm that I am right ... :-) right?

Of course. You are right.

Consider 'Time's Arrow'.

In 8 strands of Silk Brocade.. Archer Draws Bow. Yet neither needs nor uses either bow, nor arrow.

Of course. You are right.

Consider 'Time's Arrow'.

In 8 strands of Silk Brocade.. Archer Draws Bow. Yet neither needs nor uses either bow, nor arrow.

Indeed exercises to move and dance gracefully in time...

You probably are referring to:

8 brocade health benefits

1) Lifting the sky - Promotes correct posture, help to keep the back and neck correctly aligned, improves breath power/energy through deep breathing to circulating lung chi, exercise the diaphragm and massage the internal organs, relaxation, stretches the upper body, arms and legs.

2) Pulling the bow - Improves blood circulation and promotes healthy chi circulation throughout the chest shoulders and arms, this can bring strength and health to the arms shoulders and chest.

3) Single arm lift - Balances the digestive system and promotes correct chi movement in the liver, gallbladder, stomach and spleen meridians.

4) Looking backwards - Relaxes and strengthens the neck, exercises the eyes and balances the liver/gallbladder meridians.

5) Head shaking and buttock swaying (dog wag's it tail) - Relaxes the whole body and brings health to the kidney and unitary bladder meridians.

6) Holding the toes - Relaxes and strengthens the waist promoting positive chi flow within the kidneys to loosen and strengthen the back.

7) Fist thrusting with a angry glare - Good for concentration and to strengthen the energy of the body, also a way to let go of anger and frustration.

8) Heel lifting and shaking the body - Shakes illness out of the body and promote deep relaxation.

All those are good so you are right. Archer Draws Bow, in the context of discussion of linear time is a cultivation of wider implication. As are the other seven, but time was the question. We teach 'release' arrow. And much else beside in relation to the final part of those movements that flow next into Search Horizon and Clouds.

There is much about time in that section of the set. None of which communicates effectively via internet or any written medium so I shall bow respectfully to you and leave it there, at this point in time.

And as you look up into the night sky, remember, someone might be looking at you.

For me it would probably be my wife saying... "hey get in here"!

You create the words as you are reading them, this makes the words themselves an "act of reading." That is a pointer towards the true formless and shapeless form and shape of the words, of all "things" in existance. As all things that are comparable, they all point towards the one uncomparable. Words are a conditioned unconditionality, just as everything in our realities experience is.

Words are a conditioned unconditionality, just as everything in our realities experience is.

I don't know Everything. I will agree that the words are conditional. But I think that the concepts they are trying to present have much value. In reality, the words can be forgotten after the concept is grasped.

Terry Pratchett has a riff along the lines of .... Why were so many religions founded by desert dwellers?

Cos if you look up at the night sky from a desert you'll maybe want to imagine something personally comforting between you and the vast sublime indifference you are looking at.

I don't know Everything. I will agree that the words are conditional. But I think that the concepts they are trying to present have much value. In reality, the words can be forgotten after the concept is grasped.

Agree... with the caveat ... that some concepts they are trying to present have much value while some lack it... grasp and cultivate the right valuable concepts ...

Terry Pratchett has a riff along the lines of .... Why were so many religions founded by desert dwellers?

Cos if you look up at the night sky from a desert you'll maybe want to imagine something personally comforting between you and the vast sublime indifference you are looking at.

Sure and maybe its because when you look up you saw someone looking back at you...

Edited by et-thoughts

Its the result of angst

with the palpable situation of understanding

that the beauty of the stars is within you

that the space and silence is also within you

that there is no meaning and no context

fears arise in being alone

And men create gods

Stosh

Or the moon looks like a face

Stosh

Every morning I wake up before sunrise one of my duties is to go outside and make sure Venus is where she is supposed to be.

Yes, that is funny. But I don't need more sleep.

Well that may be because you are thinking of Venus and making sure that she be outside at sun raise rather than staying in bed :-)

Well that may be because you are thinking of Venus and making sure that she be outside at sun raise rather than staying in bed :-)

Oh, stop trying to make life complicated!