Guest RBSA

Tao particle

I think even if Tao gave birth to everything , Tao chooses to be only in the virtues .

The virtues only exist in the mind of man.

Guest RBSA

But mind of man cannot reach Heaven . And Heaven is virtuous .

and your mind cannot reach let alone fathom Tao.

are you from lynchburg va, by chance?

Tao is omnificent; omniform; omniparity; omnipotent; and omnipresent.

and omni-oat-ent :)

All that is,

is the body of God.

All that is,

is made of God.

All that is not,

is God.

Sentient,

insentient,

finite,

infinite,

nothing superior,

nothing inferior.

Thou art That;

That art Thou.

Tao art That;

That art Tao.

Tao art Thou;

Thou art Tao.

Oats art Tao.

Tao art oaTs;

oaTs art That,

and Thou.

Mares eat oats,

and

Thou eat doe’s,

and little lambs

eat ivy,

That’ll eat a kid too,

wouldn’t you?

I don’t Tao it.

Oats,

lambs,

kids,

and ivy too,

are

That,

Tao,

Thou,

and

you,

recycled.

Eat

the oaTs;

eat

the Tao.

Sow your wild Tao.

Be oaTs;

be Tao.

Be.

That,

Tao,

Thou,

is All.

You need to know.

Guest RBSA

No i am from a little town from Romania .

Guest RBSA

No i am from a little town from Romania .

i have always wanted to visit romanina maybe teach english there.

travel to the unchanged villages that time forgot.

visit the forest and carpathian mountains.

you understand wu chi and yin yang, right?

Tao might kinda be like there is all of those things in heaven etc that you have mentioned

which is here in yin yang and then over in wu chi is something even greater. and harder to define.

It's interesting reading the different ideas about Tao... and the different human characteristics assigned to it. Some are surprising, others - not so much.

warmest regards

Yeah its interesting , and occasionally annoying, (as I am sure I am) I guess its only natural for folks to draw parallels between things they already know and stuff they are learning, I do it too.It can speed up the process but can create its own set of misunderstandings ( which are super difficult to remove once formed)The ancients helped that process along by speaking figuratively, which I find fun and inspiring, but so many grasp onto the terms as being..what they aint ..I work alongside some christians , and I was talking about Tao, and they immediately jump to the idea that its a God like the one they have ,,,and they just will not let go of it!Then they have the saying that "there are no atheists in a foxhole" which is faintly insulting, but they aint crazy being reminded about Jesus reportedly calling out from the cross "Why hast thou forsaken me!"..Accepting that folks believe things which I just cant fathom as reasonable at all ,,,is part of the lesson of acceptance I guess.Warm regards back at ya.Stosh

Edited by Stosh

Somebody pleas say what was Big Bang ' s colour . It is off the record .

Singularity is not a thing. It is impossible for it to have had color.

I am about to discover something tremenduous to you and all .

Tao was the beginning right ?

Now listen what John says in the New Testament

In the beginningwas the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was fully God.

So there you have it . Tao is the Word .

The next great thing i want to discover to you is the origin of Tao people .

Jesus speaks of the thoughts of the heart .

Thoughts are like words and come from the heart .

So your origin and source is your heart . Not dantien and others . This is wrong .

Why are you presenting this bullshit here? Are you trying to save all us non-believers from your hell? We don't believe in your hell. It does not exist. For most of us your Bible doesn't mean very much either.

You need to get you butt back in bible school and really learn what it is to be a Christian.

All is virtuous from the prespective of Tao. This includes the pile of shit that the cat just placed in my garden.

The virtue of Tao and the vurtue of man are two totally different concepts. Bot cannot be talked about at the same time.

In Taoism Heaven is the rest of the universe excluding Earth. Man has his virtue and a star has its virtue. The mind of man has already reached heaven because there have been men who have walked on the moon.

Mares eat oats,

and

Thou eat doe’s,

and little lambs

eat ivy,

That’ll eat a kid too,

wouldn’t you?

I had the feeling you were going to get to that.

Go get 'im Marblehead, then go read my bible study posts before you get older :lol:

You forward them and I will give them to my best friend, who is a Christian, and ask him to read them and tell me what they might have that I would be interested in.

You will get really old by then, no bible study posts for you!

Oh Darn!!! And I was so looking forward to them.

Why are you presenting this bullshit here? Are you trying to save all us non-believers from your hell? We don't believe in your hell. It does not exist. For most of us your Bible doesn't mean very much either.

You need to get you butt back in bible school and really learn what it is to be a Christian.

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. :)

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. :)

Good possibility. But then there could be other reasons.

Guest RBSA

I refered to the Bible because i believe jews are the nation most holyest . Where else did a god incarnate and died for people ?

And Jesus said all will pass but his words will not pass . I got the feeling my answer will fail somehow , but i just woke up . Here

it ' s 9 : 23 am .

I refered to the Bible because i believe jews are the nation most holyest . Where else did a god incarnate and died for people ?

And Jesus said all will pass but his words will not pass . I got the feeling my answer will fail somehow , but i just woke up . Here

it ' s 9 : 23 am .

Yes, you failed to explain why you are speaking of a belief system that you have some understanding of when surely you joined this forum for the purpose of learning something about Taoism. That was your purpose, was it not?

Or are you just trying to support the Jews? They don't need your help - they have endured much and know well how to take care of themselves.

We here try hard to leave the Jews and Christians alone. We don't talk about them. They seem to be doing well without our help.

But we do enjoy talking about the Eastern cultures and belief systems. And as this forum name indicates, Taoism is one of the important ones. It really is very unbecoming to go somewhere and tell everyone that they should be believing in something other than what they believe in. Kinda' like trying to sell umbrellas to people who live in a desert. We just don't need it!

So once again, if you are here to learn about Taoism, Buddhism, Hindi, or any of the other Eastern belief systems then "Welcome"! However, if you are here to denigrate any of these belief systems you will likely get stoned.

Yes, you failed to explain why you are speaking of a belief system that you have some understanding of when surely you joined this forum for the purpose of learning something about Taoism. That was your purpose, was it not?

Or are you just trying to support the Jews? They don't need your help - they have endured much and know well how to take care of themselves.

We here try hard to leave the Jews and Christians alone. We don't talk about them. They seem to be doing well without our help.

But we do enjoy talking about the Eastern cultures and belief systems. And as this forum name indicates, Taoism is one of the important ones. It really is very unbecoming to go somewhere and tell everyone that they should be believing in something other than what they believe in. Kinda' like trying to sell umbrellas to people who live in a desert. We just don't need it!

So once again, if you are here to learn about Taoism, Buddhism, Hindi, or any of the other Eastern belief systems then "Welcome"! However, if you are here to denigrate any of these belief systems you will likely get stoned.

Many people do indeed get pretty upset when you challenge their belief systems but I've found that there are also many people here who are pretty tolerant and who enjoy the challenge. :)

This is actually the "official" stance: -

Hello. Welcome to The Tao Bums.

This is an informal community created to discuss Tao, particularly as expressed in:

Don't let this intro scare you though. Most of us are syncretic at heart.

Discussion is encouraged to wander eclectically across a wide range of spiritual thought and practice, whether Taoist, Buddhist, Yogic, Tantric, Judaic, Advaitic, Christian, Islamic, Shamanic, occult, "New Age", Integral, etc.

As long as you are up for a good time, you're welcome to discuss your path.

the hebrew word that jesus used to say he was the "son of" god means "the nature of" not literal son like god is my daddy.

the bible is full of such mistranslations because its the work of men not god

anyway this is a daoist forum and i just wanted to chime in a thank taomeow for her observations, that was helpful, and gatito for saying neti neti cause thats really all that can be said about dao... people generally sound silly when they say "dao is this" "dao is not that" (which is why i especially appreciated that non-silly exposition taomeow)

speaking of which, do you think nature is as close to dao as people can come to understanding with logic and words? and if nature patterns itself on the way, why is it said that the movement of the way is reversal (ch.40)? i mean since water never flows upstream and all? i never understood that passage

question for all not just taomeow

It can be Known - it cannot be understood.

If you could understand it you could tell it and the Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao (unless that's a bad translation :D ).

"It is less what one is that should matter, than what one is not.

To acquire knowledge should not be our first aim, but rather to rid ourselves of ignorance - which is false-knowledge."

Fingers Pointing Towards The Moon; Reflections of a Pilgrim on the Way by Wei Wu Wei

Hope that's a bit more useful than "neti neti". :)