Sign in to follow this  
spiraltao

The more energy

Due to an accident my workouts had been only consisting of Zhan Zhuang, I have now fell back into the baguazhang. i am accumulating for lack of a better term "a shitload of energy"

Ok, this is my problem in a nutshell. I am not about to quit training.

After warm up and baguzhang/qigong I can always feel my energy level rise.

i am starting to have some noticeable side effects, mainly spurts of anger. i rarely let it manifest, but i can feel heat instantly sometimes and it is not from a tangible stimuli sometimes, sometimes it is. When in public i seem to get really "empathic" and can feel confusion in the air.

I know this a broad topic, but would be interested in any input!

There's also a lot more productive power from energy trying to find a way to manifest

Things become more interesting, there is a new connection with the world, whats outside is as important as the inside, things get more personal, stories are fun to read, laziness is gone and you want to move more, everything is beautiful

BACK TO HORSE STANCE!!!!!!!!

• Like 3

I can only give you my own personal experience and I don't want to deceive you.

I have found bringing the attention into 'nothing' then surrender helps to dissipate too much energy.

Might be too much energy and not enough shen developement.

So a meditation where you arent focused on physical on energy: zen or dzogchen simple meditation will help to smooth things out and keep your emotions in clarity.

Always be calm and aware of your emotions...eventually you and your systems will adapt and learn to manage your new energy level.

Also putting one's awareness on the lower dan tien and bringing the energy back to one's center always has been a good tip that has worked great for me as a way of bring me into balance and stabilizing my thoughts and emotions.

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

Due to an accident my workouts had been only consisting of Zhan Zhuang, I have now fell back into the baguazhang. i am accumulating for lack of a better term "a shitload of energy"

After warm up and baguzhang/qigong I can always feel my energy level rise.

i am starting to have some noticeable side effects, mainly spurts of anger. i rarely let it manifest, but i can feel heat instantly sometimes and it is not from a tangible stimuli sometimes, sometimes it is. When in public i seem to get really "empathic" and can feel confusion in the air.

I know this a broad topic, but would be interested in any input!

The "anger" is a result of purification of issues/obstructions in the body. Increased energy flow means you are increasing clarity (or shaking stuff loose). The key is to try to watch the anger as it comes up. First one experiences, then can watch it, then can stop it and ultimately it drops. Anger is a great tool for building presence (or being in the moment).

:)

Working out is a good way to control mood and anger. There are things to keep it simple, body weight squats, push ups etc., if injured slower is better. Shaking your body whether large apelike movements from the knees or smaller vibrations that start from the hand get surprisingly warming as you go for longer periods. Its in a few gi gung and martial art systems.

Lately I've been going back to Gabriel Roths meditative dance sequences from her 'Wave' series. Because its free style you control what you do and the intensity, but 30 minutes still wakes up the body and gives a good work out. In many ways its a free style gi gung form.

my 2 bits.

• Like 2

Definitely spend some more time in horse stance. Try a lot of slow, low kicks. Walking meditation helps me ground as well.

I've been doing a ton of SFQ for about a month. I've been emphasizing the standing exercises the most - doing at least 3 hours a day - and around 2 hours of meditation. I've had some weird days because of the changes. For a couple days I had some real weird social anxiety - And when I tried to talk I would either stutter or sound stupid. Also a couple days - I couldn't think very good - and would spell words wrong when typing. I've also had anger while practicing. All of this is good stuff though. It means the body is re-organizing at a higher level at a very rapid pace.

• Like 1

You are aware of your problem. Now address it. Don't bring in more energy, just balance the energy you have. Bringing in more energy can help to temporarily balance you but it's just going to make you worse when you don't have the time to balance. Balance is more important than energy ! :)

Sign in to follow this