mike 134

so.... if this kundalini stuff is supposed to be so awesome....

Hi guys.

I'm been doing some thinking recently. It seems to me that almost everybody says that having a kundalini awakening is some kind of super-awesome thing, and that it gives you many advantages in life. For instance, this writer claims:

When this Rewiring Ascension Process reaches your head and two brain halves you can feel and sense that you’re running a much higher, faster, undiluted Light-filled Energy throughout your whole physical body. You’ve been rewired, upgraded, and have a NEW 5D Body Grid system (central nervous system and much more) just like Earth now does. This means you—like Earth—can now run and constantly house 5D energies through your body and not fry or go mad or die because of it! You’ve succeeded in transmuting your Alchemical 3D Lead into 5D Gold and now have the latest and most energy-efficient, self-sustained model on the market. ;) Congratulations!

http://deniselefay.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/kundalini-rising-the-rewiring-process/

But if this is so, then why do I not see any real evidence of this in the world? You'd think that awakened people, with their massive and insurmountable advantages over others who are stuck in a pitiful 3-D only world, would be sweeping the Olympic medal podiums, winning Nobel prizes, making billions, and walking through the halls of power in every nation. You'd also expect them to be grossly over-represented among the ranks of doctors, scientists, lawyers, politicians, businessmen, artists, and pretty much any and every endeavor which requires skill and intellect.

But the reality is that I have a hard time naming anyone eminent who has undergone such a process. This article claims that a staggering 72% of members of the National Academy of Sciences (only eminent scientists with a good publication record are allowed in) disbelieve God. So by extension they must also not believe in kundalini, since it leads to God/enlightenment/oneness/unity counsciousness, which are all the same thing.

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file002.html

Contrast this with bipolar disorder. Yes, it drives most people into ruin, but a manic episode combined with a high IQ gives the sufferer many creative advantages. Although it has a prevalence of only 1% in the general population, from its ranks come the greatest musician (Beethoven), greatest artist (Michelangelo), greatest scientist (Newton), and greatest political leader (Napoleon) of all time, IMO. But if kundalini is even better than mania, then I can rightfully ask where is the awakened version of the guys I named above?

Okay, so you might answer that kundalini is a rare event, much rarer than 1%, so that's why so few eminent people have it. Maybe you might also argue that awakened people are more concerned about their inner, spiritual development and not external things (though to me they are really the same, everything being one and all :) ).

But then I can counter that, this being the modern world where everyone has to work a day job or go to school, people with awakened kundalini, if it gives them such great advantages, have no excuse not to smoke their co-workers on performance evaluations and destroy their classmates on exams. I was formerly in a high powered field and worked daily with the cream of the crop, you know, the top 0.1 percenters, the Ivy leaguers, the guys who graduated with 4.0's while managing a startup company, playing 2 instruments, playing on the lacrosse team, and volunteering overseas. And trust me, I know of not a single person with anything resembling an awakened kundalini ! And if you look at it from the reverse perspective, and look at the people who HAVE undergone this, or are currently undergoing it, and ask, what type of people are these, and what are their accomplishments, you probably find that they are nowhere near the type I just mentioned.

Theoretically, kundalini should give you massive advantages in everything. But to me it seem like everybody with awakened kundalini who rises to any sort of prominence only does so through the narrow sphere of spirituality. In other words, kundalini gives you an advantage only in itself, in allowing you to reach spiritual states easily, but not outside of it. In fact, I challenge you guys to start naming ANY eminent person who has undergone kundalini and was able to put their "advantages" to good use in a field OUTSIDE of pure spirituality. So guys like Jesus, Buddha, saints, mystics, and occultists are perforce excluded. I also have to exclude thinkers and writers whose ONLY theme is mystical, such as Plotinus, Jakob Boehm, and Aleister Crowley. Of course, peddlers of seminars and books who have achieved some fame (ie, Tolle, Bruce) are also out of the running.

In my own musings I can only name the following people, and all of them are obviously retrospective diagnoses:

JOAN of Arc: teenage peasant girl who lead armies into battle. Had recurrent religious "visions" without known medical conditions which might have caused them, raising suspicions that they are kundalini related.

Emmanuel SWEDENBORG: noted writer, philosopher, inventor, and scientist. At the age of 56 he began to have strange dreams and visions which were probably astral experiences and lucid dreams. Anecdotal accounts of psychic abilities surfaced some years later. His inclusion on this list is somewhat dubious given that he was already famous prior to age 56 so it cannot really be attributed to kundalini.

PLATO: philosopher. His theory of forms hint to awareness of transcendent states. Moreover, his conception of the "Form of all forms, or of the Good" strongly suggests this is equivalent to God/One/All/Atman/Tao/Brahman etc. So he must have had mystical experiences. Also his telling of the myth of Er at the end of the Republic suggests he may have had astral events as well.

Blaise PASCAL: eminent mathematician and scientist. Had a mystical experience at the age of 31. His inclusion is also dubious given that his eminence is derived almost exclusively from his scientific endeavors, which he completely abandoned following the mystical event. He devoted the rest of his life entirely to religious matters.

Julius EVOLA: philosopher. Yes, there is a large element of mysticism in his works, and he wrote extensively about the spiritual traditions of both east and west, but he was able to apply this knowledge to far ranging fields, especially political philosophy. Had his first spiritual event at the age of 21.

Can anybody name anyone else???

Edited by mike 134

It has no advantages in the world, I'm sorry. It is, in fact, a major disadvantage. It will not allow your accomplish anything more effectively in the worldly sphere -- it might even cripple you. It's not something that will build up your resume. You basically become an idiot.

I think this is the type of response you are looking for, right? That's what I honestly believe, too.

Hi guys.

I'm been doing some thinking recently. It seems to me that almost everybody says that having a kundalini awakening is some kind of super-awesome thing, and that it gives you many advantages in life. For instance, this writer claims:

http://deniselefay.wordpress.com/2011/02/21/kundalini-rising-the-rewiring-process/

But if this is so, then why do I not see any real evidence of this in the world? You'd think that awakened people, with their massive and insurmountable advantages over others who are stuck in a pitiful 3-D only world, would be sweeping the Olympic medal podiums, winning Nobel prizes, making billions, and walking through the halls of power in every nation. You'd also expect them to be grossly over-represented among the ranks of doctors, scientists, lawyers, politicians, businessmen, artists, and pretty much any and every endeavor which requires skill and intellect.

But the reality is that I have a hard time naming anyone eminent who has undergone such a process. This article claims that a staggering 72% of members of the National Academy of Sciences (only eminent scientists with a good publication record are allowed in) disbelieve God. So by extension they must also not believe in kundalini, since it leads to God/enlightenment/oneness/unity counsciousness, which are all the same thing.

Contrast this with bipolar disorder. Yes, it drives most people into ruin, but a manic episode combined with a high IQ gives the sufferer many creative advantages. Although it has a prevalence of only 1% in the general population, from its ranks come the greatest musician (Beethoven), greatest artist (Michelangelo), greatest scientist (Newton), and greatest political leader (Napoleon) of all time, IMO. But if kundalini is even better than mania, then I can rightfully ask where is the awakened version of the guys I named above?

Okay, so you might answer that kundalini is a rare event, much rarer than 1%, so that's why so few eminent people have it. Maybe you might also argue that awakened people are more concerned about their inner, spiritual development and not external things (though to me they are really the same, everything being one and all :) ).

But then I can counter that, this being the modern world where everyone has to work a day job or go to school, people with awakened kundalini, if it gives them such great advantages, have no excuse not to smoke their co-workers on performance evaluations and destroy their classmates on exams. I was formerly in a high powered field and worked daily with the cream of the crop, you know, the top 0.1 percenters, the Ivy leaguers, the guys who graduated with 4.0's while managing a startup company, playing 2 instruments, playing on the lacrosse team, and volunteering overseas. And trust me, I know of not a single person with anything resembling an awakened kundalini ! And if you look at it from the reverse perspective, and look at the people who HAVE undergone this, or are currently undergoing it, and ask, what type of people are these, and what are their accomplishments, you probably find that they are nowhere near the type I just mentioned.

Theoretically, kundalini should give you massive advantages in everything. But to me it seem like everybody with awakened kundalini who rises to any sort of prominence only does so through the narrow sphere of spirituality. In other words, kundalini gives you an advantage only in itself, in allowing you to reach spiritual states easily, but not outside of it. In fact, I challenge you guys to start naming ANY eminent person who has undergone kundalini and was able to put their "advantages" to good use in a field OUTSIDE of pure spirituality. So guys like Jesus, Buddha, saints, mystics, and occultists are perforce excluded. I also have to exclude thinkers and writers whose ONLY theme is mystical, such as Plotinus, Jakob Boehm, and Aleister Crowley. Of course, peddlers of seminars and books who have achieved some face (ie, Tolle, Bruce) are also out of the running.

In my own musings I can only name the following people, and all of them are obviously retrospective diagnoses:

JOAN of Arc: teenage peasant girl who lead armies into battle. Had recurrent religious "visions" without known medical conditions which might have caused them, raising suspicions that they are kundalini related.

Emmanuel SWEDENBORG: noted writer, philosopher, inventor, and scientist. At the age of 56 he began to have strange dreams and visions which were probably astral experiences and lucid dreams. Anecdotal accounts of psychic abilities surfaced some years later. His inclusion on this list is somewhat dubious given that he was already famous prior to age 56 so it cannot really be attributed to kundalini.

PLATO: philosopher. His theory of forms hint to awareness of transcendent states. Moreover, his conception of the "Form of all forms, or of the Good" strongly suggests this is equivalent to God/One/All/Atman/Tao/Brahman etc. So he must have had mystical experiences.

Blaise PASCAL: eminent mathematician and scientist. Had a mystical experience at the age of 31. His inclusion is also dubious given that his eminence is derived almost exclusively from his scientific endeavors, which he completely abandoned following the mystical event. He devoted the rest of his life entirely to religious matters.

Julius EVOLA: philosopher. Yes, there is a large element of mysticism in his works, and he wrote extensively about the spiritual traditions of both east and west, but he was able to apply this knowledge to far ranging fields, especially political philosophy. Had his first spiritual event at the age of 21.

Edited by thetaoiseasy
  • Like 1

Seems like your becoming pretty frustrated with the process. Path Notes is a book you might enjoy reading. The author Glenn Morris gives his perspective as a Martial Artist and Scholar on having gone through the Kundalini Process. Its one of my favorite books. Enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Path-Notes-American-Ninja-Master/dp/1556431570/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1344196532&sr=1-1&keywords=path+notes+of+an+american+ninja+master

-My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldGreen

On top of my head are Da Vinchi and Newton

Da Vinci was part of a mystery school and used his knowledge to make his inventions plus he used drawing more like an exercise

Newton was self taught and discovered most of the stuff by himself by using the bible

He was kinda like an immortal, he could tell when he was going to die and so he burned all of his work before then

There's a lot more people like that but I don't care enough to look up an actual list

You have a good point Mike. I can't think of a good list of people with awakened K who you'd find with your criteria.

Bear in mind that people (except on dedicated forums and system teachers) possibly don't like to discuss this stuff. Also bear in mind that a lot of the "tools" that come with K such as enhanced visualization skills, better empathy, breathing techniques, 'no-mind' etc are also used by regular people to enhance performance.

• Like 1

you say the 4.0 overseas lacrosse ceo's didn't show any signs of kundalini? what are the signs of kundalini?

you can't tell by looking at someone unless you're really really keen.

maybe those guys had active kundalini and maybe they didnt, im not saying they did, but im saying some people are born with it, and many people have it active to some degree, even if its just the ability to raise up to the manipura, the 3rd chakra of willpower and intention.

mike my point is that not everyone with active K is sitting in full lotus contemplating their souls. And some people are just born with, for example, mars in ares, giving them a tendancy towards drive and success in their ambitions. There are so many factors that go into what people end up being good at, that its impossible to narrow it down to one factor that is for all intents invisible, and say "show me the money"

You can also look at it like this, most of the major accomplishments in history have been made by people in some form of mystery school or secret society, and they all have kundalini practices that go into their upper level cultivation. Almost without exception, even freemasons know about kundalini and practice raising the spirit fire from the root to the head. So from William Shakespeare on down, maybe most of the accomplishments you know about have been done by people who utilized K energy but kept a low profile because of the clandestine nature of their fraternity.

all that being said, the unfolding of your energy will take some time. You might have psychic intuitions about people you look at, knowledge might fall out of hte sky into your lap, you might find yourself functioning with higher energy, or you might not experience any of those things. But none of that, whatever the manifestation of your personal gift is, is going to happen right away, or in a span of time that would seem reasonable to you. (i don't presume to know whats reasonable to you, but based on your complaints, i assume you want to skip the foreplay and get right to the ecstacy)

good questions, and i appreciate your post, well researched, but in my opinion there have been a shit-ton of people who have used K to manifest awesome accomplishments, inventions, and insights throughout history. They just tend not to have "kundalini" tattoed on their foreheads.

• Like 2

kundalini has many forms. You could simply acquire genius, or become a very smart person, or a very good artist, or an inventor, or a superior athlete. It is the manifestation of hidden potential, personal evolution, so it is not necessarily 'mystical'. Pushing the envelope, exceeding the norm.

• Like 1

I am going to give you some advice...

I was hesitant to say this before, [on your prior Kundalini threads, looking for assistance] - because this will be Controversial.

If you have awakened Kundalini, like you say you do, and you want to squelch the heat and bad side effects...

Then, purchase the ''Kunlun'' book by Max Christensen

http://www.amazon.co...n/dp/2813200182

[--or maybe someone here will give you the technique, but you are better off reading the whole book, yourself]

As a last resort, if you are still looking for Ibogaine, or other drugs, that I believe, will hinder you.

Kunlun Level #1 , IN MY OPINION- slows down Kundalini surges

It will not "kill" it, but allows you to keep it 'on the shelf'- for perhaps, a later date.

[almost in 'limbo' - working behind the

invisible/tolerable scenes]

You will be working on your central channel- more or less bringing cooler energy down the 'central core' of your body

There is a lot of disagreement on this... but, This is MY Own Experience

The heat, turned to cool, and felt like a total Alchemical change

In your case, as you state, you do not have much to loss

In this instance, you might actually be gaining...

[& I assume, you are NOT doing any Kundalini practices to allow it to get stronger -- if you are, HALT them, prior to doing Kunlun]

Edited by Disabled Not Broken
  • Like 1

Here's my two cents:

I'm thinking that most people who have gone through/are going through a "kundalini awakening" are doing nothing of the sort. Rather, they are experiencing some powerful energy experience- opening a channel, opening some energy center, experiencing an extreme blockage, overheating their system, etc- and have self diagnosed their experiences as symptoms of a "kundalini awakening."

The fact of the matter is that they are most likely NOT going through a profound spiritual experience. At best they might be experiencing a psychosomatic experience which is mostly mental, and at worst they are in the middle of a potentially harmful system overload.

On the flip side, there may be a number of individuals who are not consciously aware that they have developed a high level of intuition, insight, will, energy, awareness, wisdom, etc but who are nevertheless making great leaps and bounds in the fields of raising the human condition physically, mentally, psychically, and spiritually.

They may be athletes, scientists, movie directors, writers, artists, teachers, police officers, soldiers, waiters, chefs, hobos, entrepreneurs, cogs in the machine of society, etc, but in some way shape or form they are elevating their lives and the lives of those around them.

I'd go out on a limb and say there are probably many "non-spiritual" people who are far more spiritual than the "spiritual" types who stave off ejaculation for a month and who have convinced themselves that their increased body heat and ever increasing mental instability and decreasing ability to exist in society are signs that they are "awakening".

Not to say that there aren't legitimately spiritual people who go through powerful energetic events which leave them less able to happily exist in a toxic society. Because there are.

The trick is being able to accurately know which person is which, and even TRICKIER is being able to honestly appraise your own self and figure out to which camp you belong.

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Theoretically, kundalini should give you massive advantages in everything. But to me it seem like everybody with awakened kundalini who rises to any sort of prominence only does so through the narrow sphere of spirituality. In other words, kundalini gives you an advantage only in itself, in allowing you to reach spiritual states easily, but not outside of it. In fact, I challenge you guys to start naming ANY eminent person who has undergone kundalini and was able to put their "advantages" to good use in a field OUTSIDE of pure spirituality. So guys like Jesus, Buddha, saints, mystics, and occultists are perforce excluded. I also have to exclude thinkers and writers whose ONLY theme is mystical, such as Plotinus, Jakob Boehm, and Aleister Crowley. Of course, peddlers of seminars and books who have achieved some fame (ie, Tolle, Bruce) are also out of the running.

PLATO: philosopher. His theory of forms hint to awareness of transcendent states. Moreover, his conception of the "Form of all forms, or of the Good" strongly suggests this is equivalent to God/One/All/Atman/Tao/Brahman etc. So he must have had mystical experiences. Also his telling of the myth of Er at the end of the Republic suggests he may have had astral events as well.

The first point you make about talking about someone eminent- Well see the thing is with any of this spiritual search, were not interested in becoming "important", "superior", "better than" etc like 99% of the world has been brainwashed to due to competitive schooling, etc. Its less about the ego more about presence, being in the moment. A lot of super successful people got there because they have a huge insane drive to "become somebody special" Not saying you cant be both but a lot of the reason people try to achieve is because they are trying to prove themselves and be important whereas someone operating from a less egoic standpoint is not someone who believes they are trying to prove something.

Someone who belives they must become somebody special is operating out of fear and low self worth. Whereas someone more enlightened would believe they are fine just the way they are and actually live a life of bliss so why would they actually care about anything more than sitting on a chair in bliss all day why would they concern themselves with trying to be somebody. When theyve got everything they need. A large reason most people try to become somebody is because they want things and they think those things will make them happy..this is materialism.

You can have both too.

People dont talk about this stuff openly, god is not the same thing as enlightenment, most peoples idea of god is a paternal figure who controls the world. Whereas for example taoists or sufis would believe everyone is god and everything is god interconnected this may seem insignificant but the implications of that are huge in being that everyone is equal and fine as they are.

Um, if you posted advice, thank you, but plz, this tread is not about me at all, I'm just trying to provoke intelligent discussion on an unrelated topic so plz don't focus it back on me :) Maybe I;m awakened. Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm on LSD. It doesn't matter. You can ignore anything and everything that I posted in the past, cause this thread is not about that.

By awakening I guess ppl have different definitions, one person said its when it doesn't go away on its own but continues to screw with you regardless. My definition is when its severe enough it gets to the head, causing either altered states of consciousness or severe psychological problems that cannot be assigned to a usual psychiatric diagnosis (ie bipolar, schizo, depression, anxiety). This is also where theoretically there is the most benefit. Otherwise we might as well include everybody, since everyone "awakens" temporarily when they experience orgasm but it goes back down quickly and does not (usually) rise to the top. Maybe if you get a block or an imbalance you have mild symptoms but you definitely don't get profound realizations and visions like the historical figures I mentioned, especially if it came suddenly when they were previously normal (ie, Swedenborg, Pascal).

Since we are talking largely about ppl in the past its difficult to attribute mental issues to spiritual causes so that basically leaves altered states of consciousness as the yard stick. So for instance someone said Newton, but Newton did not experience these states, at least not that we know of. His psychological issues are attributed to either bipolar disorder or heavy metal toxicity, but we don't know for sure since the diagnosis is retrospective. Same goes for Beethoven.

Immanuel Kant is a good thought, IMO he is the most intelligent thinker the world has ever seen, along with Newton and Gauss. , He delineated the possibility of what is knowable in human terms, but did not go beyond that. Otherwise he would have attached more significance to the Kantian thing-in-itself and also realize that even the most profound knowledge is immediately knowable.

The same goes for any philosopher, BTW. If there are many mystical themes in their writings, they most likely were awakened themselves, read works by others who were, or took drugs. So we know that guys like Plotinus, Hermes, Boehm, Meister Eckhart, von Nettesheim, and Crowley were awakened, but I have to exclude them since they did not venture much beyond this topic. Likewise, either because their works do not reflect transcendent themes, or demonstrate misunderstanding, we have to also omit eminent thinkers like Aristotle, Descartes, Leibniz, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, and Heidegger, and Russel.

Merrell-Wolff I don't know anything about, thanks for bringing him to my attention. Just reading his page he sounds like a mystical philosopher so cannot be included. But if he was known for other things (like Evola) than we can add him.

The first point you make about talking about someone eminent- Well see the thing is with any of this spiritual search, were not interested in becoming "important", "superior", "better than" etc like 99% of the world has been brainwashed to due to competitive schooling, etc.

I hinted at that above when I said such people aren't necessarily concerned with external things. But regardless of who you are you still have to work or go to school and measure yourself up against others, even if you don't care about such things. So if you have an advantage from being kundalini awakened you really have no excuse to slack off and get C's when straight A's should come easily to you.

You can also look at it like this, most of the major accomplishments in history have been made by people in some form of mystery school or secret society

Maybe that's true but we can't name them, and we don't really have ways of knowing :)

Edited by mike 134

Um, if you posted advice, thank you, but plz, this tread is not about me at all, I'm just trying to provoke intelligent discussion on an unrelated topic so plz don't focus it back on me :) Maybe I;m awakened. Maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm on LSD. It doesn't matter. You can ignore anything and everything that I posted in the past, cause this thread is not about that.

By awakening I guess ppl have different definitions, one person said its when it doesn't go away on its own but continues to screw with you regardless. My definition is when its severe enough it gets to the head, causing either altered states of consciousness or severe psychological problems that cannot be assigned to a usual psychiatric diagnosis (ie bipolar, schizo, depression, anxiety). This is also where theoretically there is the most benefit. Otherwise we might as well include everybody, since everyone "awakens" temporarily when they experience orgasm but it goes back down quickly and does not (usually) rise to the top. Maybe if you get a block or an imbalance you have mild symptoms but you definitely don't get profound realizations and visions like the historical figures I mentioned, especially if it came suddenly when they were previously normal (ie, Swedenborg, Pascal).

Since we are talking largely about ppl in the past its difficult to attribute mental issues to spiritual causes so that basically leaves altered states of consciousness as the yard stick. So for instance someone said Newton, but Newton did not experience these states, at least not that we know of. His psychological issues are attributed to either bipolar disorder or heavy metal toxicity, but we don't know for sure since the diagnosis is retrospective. Same goes for Beethoven.

Immanuel Kant is a good thought, IMO he is the most intelligent thinker the world has ever seen, along with Newton and Gauss. , He delineated the possibility of what is knowable in human terms, but did not go beyond that. Otherwise he would have attached more significance to the Kantian thing-in-itself and also realize that even the most profound knowledge is immediately knowable.

The same goes for any philosopher, BTW. If there are many mystical themes in their writings, they most likely were awakened themselves, read works by others who were, or took drugs. So we know that guys like Plotinus, Hermes, Boehm, Meister Eckhart, von Nettesheim, and Crowley were awakened, but I have to exclude them since they did not venture much beyond this topic. Likewise, either because their works do not reflect transcendent themes, or demonstrate misunderstanding, we have to also omit eminent thinkers like Aristotle, Descartes, Leibniz, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, and Heidegger, and Russel.

Merrell-Wolff I don't know anything about, thanks for bringing him to my attention. Just reading his page he sounds like a mystical philosopher so cannot be included. But if he was known for other things (like Evola) than we can add him.

I hinted at that above when I said such people aren't necessarily concerned with external things. But regardless of who you are you still have to work or go to school and measure yourself up against others, even if you don't care about such things. So if you have an advantage from being kundalini awakened you really have no excuse to slack off and get C's when straight A's should come easily to you.

Maybe that's true but we can't name them, and we don't really have ways of knowing :)

I like your post and fair enough you want an intellectual discussion. I half agree with what you are saying in response to what I said. Many "awakaned" (I dont like this word but you get the picture) people actually however arragant this sounds feel extremely lonely isolated and not fitting in amongst "unawakened" people therefore a lot of them are totally rebellious towards their current society, even opting to live out of it, unless they can find a mutually beneficial solution.

I would like to refer you to read some chuang tzu or alan watts when they discuss the concept of uselessness. Chuang tzu makes a sort of joke and discusses a tree that was so useless that no one chopped it down. Uselessness and meaningfulness are partly concepts. If something is meaningful what is it meaningful in regards to, alan watts often talked about how life is a game, non serious. For example if one was to extend their life by 100 years is it neccessarily good? Is it neccessarily good to become rich?

There was a zen parable I forgot the exact details but it goes something like a man was given some horses and everyone in the village said to him "wow" what good luck you have and he just said maybe, maybe not..then one of the horses came back with a few other wild horses and again people said to him wow what good luck you have and he just said maybe maybe not. One day his son was riding one of those horses and managed to really hurt himself and break his leg, everyone came up to him and said wow what bad luck you have and he just said maybe, maybe not. Then the next day they were conscripting people for the army and his son didnt have to go because of his broken leg everyone came up to him and said wow what good luck you have and he said maybe maybe not..etc lol

Also I am reminded of The autobiography of a yogi where he talks about how people think a sage is useless yet with all their bliss and love and peace they are contributing to the world in a far greater way than most people think because everyone they interact with gets an exchange of energy.

Also you may be interested in philosophy and I am too but there comes a point when knowledge "thoughts" are practically useless and can never describe reality accurately because they are not reality one cannot write a 50000000 page book that aims to adequately describe the universe.

I went to a workshop in quantum physics or mechanics and they discussed new high tech security devices where they realised that the observer affects the experiment, so everytime you think about the world you change it and by trying to find an answer you lose the answer as well as the idea of everything being interconnected

See OldGreen's advice, above.

Also - Lightning in an oak box (blog) Google it for more info.

Edited by Mokona

I'm been doing some thinking recently. It seems to me that almost everybody says that having a kundalini awakening,,,,,,,,,[snip.....]

Terminology can be misleading.

Kundalini 'Arousal' can make an individual feel as if the "Enlighten Trip" has been Initiated.

However, that Arousal, is just that...an Arousal.

Now, said individual, starts to tell his family/friends/neighbors/TaoBums:

"Hey My Kundalini Activated and Now I am Uber-Human!"

Said individual's family/friends/neighbors/TaoBums... really notice No Change.

So, now - family/friends/neighbors/TaoBums... question Kundalini, and if, it is really, something 'that awesome'....

A Full Blown Awakening [Not an Arousal], is a whole new ball game.

In My Opinion/Experience, A Full Blown Awakening is Extremely Rare.

Most who experience A Full Blown Awakening, are either Solitary, and don't tell too many people... or they are in a nursing home/sanitarium, and don't tell too many people.

An odd thing, is... usually a Full Blown Awakening "tags" people, and others, who also, actually had a Full Blown Awakening can 'intuitively grok' each other.

In MY Opinion... I have not "Noticed", too many...

[i'd also be willing to bet - that the Urine Sample from a Full Blown Awakened Vs. an Aroused, would be, very different. The Former, might be close to a diagnosed Schizophrenic patient.]

I was thinking about this distinction made by DNB as well as the ways this 'kundalini' experience could potentially work out for Mike and suddenly it slapped me on the forehead that there was a definite choice on offer here. Agree to pathologize it (and take the piss test suggested by DNB to validate something) and his life will likely take on a very different tone than if he, well, he doesn't

And that was it really.